Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch are doing it right! Performance & great prices galore! 100% in my books and my pocket! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch are doing it right! Performance & great prices galore! 100% in my books and my pocket!

Comments

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited June 2023

@clockbooster said:
    Does HostHatch support windows OS ?

You can upload any ISO via the CP.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • When does Snapshots, Backups and Block Storage come? Your websites lists them as fur in May and June, but I cannot see them anywhere in the panel to order or add to the vps.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

@hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said:

No thanks, I’ll pay more else where.

You're always welcome to do that (yet you continue making negative comments, haven't you made tens of those in the recent few years while not even using us in that period?).

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Just out of curiosity, the OP who complained just right now, isn't it a very serious issue not to boot up a VM, even with reinstall & took 3 weeks to be solved. I assume, support ticket can be slower as you already stated that but a VM that can't be booted/reinstalled from the control panel itself is a critical error from the platform end. What I can conclude is, either the OPs complain is invalid or they made some blunder themselves. Otherwise, if it's not working & is a critical platform error, then 3 weeks is questionable even on discounted plans !

@Mumbly said: But still, if that's what he said true, this means that his service was "down" for several weeks, because of issue on your side, not his own.

Totally fair and it should never take that long. However, I think I was able to locate his ticket (maybe I am wrong though, and am happy to be corrected) - there was an ISO mount that was preventing the server from booting, and that could have been resolved by the user themselves by hitting "unmount ISO".

On most KVM VMs, we have pretty much the same access as the user does, especially whne it comes to things like booting up sysrescue to run a file system check, or to mount a disk and move data away, etc.

There isn't really much in that complaint for me to look into, but of course a few people like @SirFoxy will look at anyone saying "HH bad", not know the context, and say "see I was right all along". You can pretty much see it happening live above. :)

Please stop mentioning me. I very clearly ended my statement at that comment.

Furthermore:

Your comments to me in this thread were not about actually solving my experience. They were not directed towards me. They were PR statements for other people that saw my comments.

This thread had a very clearly affiliate marketing based narrative and I simply wanted to add my own negative experience with your company so people were not lead blind by an affiliate post.

You had the opportunity to solve my problem long ago, you didn’t… and were even a dick about it. I will 100% share my negative experience about you whenever I want (just as others are allowed to share positive experiences).

Instead of being defensive, accept my truthful criticism on the chin and focus on your Black Friday threads not being littered with comments about nonexistent support.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@webcraft said:
    When does Snapshots, Backups and Block Storage come? Your websites lists them as fur in May and June, but I cannot see them anywhere in the panel to order or add to the vps.

Snapshots should be in the next few days for the first locations. Block storage hopefully towards the end of the month.

Thanked by 1nick_

@SirFoxy said:

This thread had a very clearly affiliate marketing based narrative and I simply wanted to add my own negative experience with your company so people were not lead blind by an affiliate post.

When did you have this experience?

• @hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said:

I literally just googled SirFoxy HostHatch and this is the first result:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/168035/hosthatch-support-issues

Can’t be fucked to go through the countless posts myself and others have made about your support.

edited June 2023

@SirFoxy said:

@hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said:

Can’t be fucked to go through the countless posts myself and others have made about your support.

Sorry didn't realize you had multiple LET accounts. So you created multiple accounts with us and on LET to share your multiple experiences, or are you just avoiding the question? If it's the latter though....I will just quote myself.

@hosthatch said: There isn't really much in that complaint for me to look into, but of course a few people like @SirFoxy will look at anyone saying "HH bad", not know the context, and say "see I was right all along" because people want to feel they are right, all the time with their confirmation bias. You can pretty much see it happening live above.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

@hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said:

@hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said:

Sorry didn't realize you had multiple LET accounts. So you created multiple accounts with us and on LET to share your multiple experiences, or are you just avoiding the question?

What? Do you want me to publicly dox my ticket that I sent to your support, dickhead?

The post with multiple comments from various people about your shit support (including from me) doesn't suffice?

Seriously, fuck off.

This “it’s not me, it’s you” mentality from a business that’s peppered with complaints about one specific thing is fucking insane.

@SirFoxy said: The post with multiple comments from various people about your shit support

"Various people" ok.

I just asked one simple question that you seem to be unable to answer truthfully, and yet spend hours on writing out comments.

@hosthatch said: When did you have this experience?

• @hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said: The post with multiple comments from various people about your shit support

"Various people" ok.

I just asked one simple question that you seem to be unable to answer truthfully, and yet spend hours on writing out comments.

@hosthatch said: When did you have this experience?

Can you read dates on posts?

@SirFoxy said:

Still can't find an answer to "When did you have this experience?"

It's not a trick question. Are you saying you have multiple accounts so I should read the date of someone else's post and assume that is you and your experience? Sorry I just can't see how my question is so hard to understand.

• @hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said:

Still can't find an answer to "When did you have this experience?"

It's not a trick question. Are you saying you have multiple accounts so I should read the date of someone else's post and assume that is you and your experience? Sorry I just can't see how my question is so hard to understand.

Sure here you go:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/163774/my-hosthatch-review

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/180960/how-long-does-it-take-for-hosthatch-to-reply-to-the-support-tickets

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/183562/hosthatch-service-down-no-information

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181241/hosthatch-is-ignoring-refund-now

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/184730/hosthatch-storage-vps-in-la-intermittently-slow-performance-for-over-2-days

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/164466/hosthatch-unable-to-contact-support

@DP said:
    IIRC in one of the discussions (too lazy to hunt for it), there was supposedly a promise that HH Support quality will be looked into and improved this year, but I don’t know how that has gone so far 🤷🏼‍♂️

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/176783/need-genuine-feedback-of-hosthatch-no-fanboy-please

I could keep going, but I won’t.

If you go based on the census of community posts, to answer your question… which was:

“When did you have a service? Back then? It’s fixed now.”

From your start to now, your support is shit.

Stop arguing that it’s not shit, and focus on improving your business.

If your prices do not allow for sufficient customer support then it is unreasonable to ask them to simply not use support.

Furthermore:

I will reiterate for those of you that have had a good HostHatch experience so far…

Like I said, the service while it worked was decent… but if anything bad happens? Good luck.

As with most providers here outside of a few, HostHatch is not a production provider.

That being said:

It is a good provider for those projects you don’t really care about.

• @SirFoxy cool story bro, now release path article.

@SirFoxy said:

If your prices do not allow for sufficient customer support then it is unreasonable to ask them to simply not use support.

A large number (possibly in the thousands) seem to be extremely happy with paying the promotional price and not expecting production level support. I am not sure if your consistent dishonest/lying posts from several years are changing their mind. Maybe if you do 3 more shitposts on anything HH related, maybe it will finally work?

As with most providers here outside of a few, HostHatch is not a production provider.

We only claim to be production ready on our normal priced plans.

On the other hand though, you seem to be consistent in your dishonest behavior of either having multiple accounts on LET and with us and posting with them, or you have no recent experience of any kind and that is why you continue to ignore the question of "When did you have your experience?"

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

@hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said:

A large number (possibly in the thousands) seem to be extremely happy with paying the promotional price and not expecting production level support. I am not sure if your consistent dishonest/lying posts from several years are changing their mind. Maybe if you do 3 more shitposts on anything HH related, maybe it will finally work?

On the other hand though, you seem to be consistent in your dishonest behavior of either having multiple accounts on LET and with us and posting with them, or you have no recent experience of any kind and that is why you continue to ignore the question of "When did you have your experience?"

Yeah man, I’m a big multi-accounter. That’s the reason your companies support is shit.

That experience happened somewhere between 2017-2020, not sure. I have been browsing this site since before then.

Doesn’t matter anyways and you’re trying to present a straw man argument.

Funny you had to reinstate your Florida LLC in 2021 (nearly 2022) after dissolving your INC, by the way, Abdullah:

https://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=OfficerRegisteredAgentName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=CHOYKELVIN L160002272470&aggregateId=flal-l16000227247-ba0c86a3-7f10-4637-9693-d9198625ea59&searchTerm=Choy Kelvin&listNameOrder=CHOYKELVIN L160002272470

• emghemgh Member

@hosthatch said:

@webcraft said:
    When does Snapshots, Backups and Block Storage come? Your websites lists them as fur in May and June, but I cannot see them anywhere in the panel to order or add to the vps.

Snapshots should be in the next few days for the first locations. Block storage hopefully towards the end of the month.

How much will block storage be?

edited June 2023

@SirFoxy said:

@hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said:

Yeah man, I’m a big multi-accounter. That’s the reason your companies support is shit.

That experience happened somewhere between 2017-2020, not sure. I have been browsing this site since before then.

Funny you had to reinstate your Florida LLC in 2021 (nearly 2022) after dissolving your INC, by the way, Abdullah:

https://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=OfficerRegisteredAgentName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=CHOYKELVIN L160002272470&aggregateId=flal-l16000227247-ba0c86a3-7f10-4637-9693-d9198625ea59&searchTerm=Choy Kelvin&listNameOrder=CHOYKELVIN L160002272470

Whatever you say, buddy.

@hosthatch said: A large number (possibly in the thousands) seem to be extremely happy with paying the promotional price and not expecting production level support. I am not sure if your consistent dishonest/lying posts from several years are changing their mind. Maybe if you do 3 more shitposts on anything HH related, maybe it will finally work?

@emgh said:

@hosthatch said:

@webcraft said:

Around 0.05 per GB, but that is not for sure at the moment. It will be triple replicated NVMe.

Thanked by 3nick_ emgh treesmokah
  • emghemgh Member

@hosthatch said:

@emgh said:

@hosthatch said:

@webcraft said:

Around 0.05 per GB, but that is not for sure at the moment. It will be triple replicated NVMe.

Might be annoying to have different setups but I’d really want to see a redundant HDD setup, preferably with SSD caching, at about 1/10th the price

But I guess that’s for totallt different use cases

I like it as a backup solution, paying for NVMe don’t make sense for that

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

@hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said:

@hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said:

Whatever you say, buddy.

@hosthatch said: A large number (possibly in the thousands) seem to be extremely happy with paying the promotional price and not expecting production level support. I am not sure if your consistent dishonest/lying posts from several years are changing their mind. Maybe if you do 3 more shitposts on anything HH related, maybe it will finally work?

Should I mention you actually got your start on Hackforums because you allowed spoofing and many booters used you because of that?

https://spoofer.caida.org/report.php?sessionid=56223

Or did you want to brush that under the rug, too?

(For anyone curious, google HostHatch spoofing.)

I promise you that you don’t want to do this with me, buddy.

@emgh said:

Might be annoying to have different setups but I’d really want to see a redundant HDD setup, preferably with SSD caching, at about 1/10th the price

But I guess that’s for totallt different use cases

I like it as a backup solution, paying for NVMe don’t make sense for that

We will have snapshots/backups that cover that use case, and also the storage VMs. But we're not looking into deploying large scale HDD block storage across our locations. I don't believe any of the bigger cloud providers do that either.

Thanked by 1emgh

@SirFoxy said:

Should I mention you actually got your start on Hackforums because you allowed spoofing and many booters used you because of that?

Didn't you / your alt-account also claim our customer database was leaked, was super confident about it on another forum, and were proven wrong? But you're welcome to continue on this paid charade.

• hwthwt Member

@hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said:

No thanks, I’ll pay more else where.

You're always welcome to do that (yet you continue making negative comments, haven't you made tens of those in the recent few years while not even using us in that period?).

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Just out of curiosity, the OP who complained just right now, isn't it a very serious issue not to boot up a VM, even with reinstall & took 3 weeks to be solved. I assume, support ticket can be slower as you already stated that but a VM that can't be booted/reinstalled from the control panel itself is a critical error from the platform end. What I can conclude is, either the OPs complain is invalid or they made some blunder themselves. Otherwise, if it's not working & is a critical platform error, then 3 weeks is questionable even on discounted plans !

@Mumbly said: But still, if that's what he said true, this means that his service was "down" for several weeks, because of issue on your side, not his own.

Totally fair and it should never take that long. However, I think I was able to locate his ticket (maybe I am wrong though, and am happy to be corrected) - there was an ISO mount that was preventing the server from booting, and that could have been resolved by the user themselves by hitting "unmount ISO".

On most KVM VMs, we have pretty much the same access as the user does, especially when it comes to things like booting up sysrescue to run a file system check, or to mount a disk and move data away, etc.

There isn't really much in that complaint for me to look into, but of course a few people like @SirFoxy will look at anyone saying "HH bad", not know the context, and say "see I was right all along" because people want to feel they are right, all the time with their confirmation bias. You can pretty much see it happening live above. :)

I attempted to contact hosthatch via DM here. No response. Last resort was "urgent" ticket. Again, no response for almost a week.

The ISO mounted happened AFTER all my attempts failed and was my own desperate attempt at trying to start up the server. That didn't work. Console disconnect with some error message. Even if I had an ISO mounted, the server would at least start and show "online", right? VPS status went from "online" to "offline" after a few minutes.

That's when I did the unthinkable of trying to recover the server using "reinstall". Again, that also didn't work - VPS status went from "online" to "offline" after a few minutes.

I do not know what was done, but the response was simply that i had an iso mounted.

If it helps, the first time i encountered this issue was on another VPS. What i observed back then was that i was able to access the console and via the network, but on different instances. The instance that was accessed over the network would become inaccessible after a few minutes. My own attempt to resolve this was to shutdown both instances After which, i was no longer able to start up the server after that.

Oh, and the most recent issue occured during the maintenance window. The VPS boots fine before that, so i doubt the root cause was that I had an ISO mounted.

And for the record, I'm not an anti-hosthatch member or whatever. In fact, i acknowledge that hosthatch pricing is probably one of the best for SG.

However,

1) even for discounted VPSes, support is seriously lacking.

2) if hosthatch actually resolves these issues instead of brushing them off as user errors, i guess some folks who bought those VPS during wouldn't actually need support.

Thanked by 2SirFoxy o_be_one
  • emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

@hosthatch said: We will have snapshots/backups that cover that use case, and also the storage VMs. But we're not looking into deploying large scale HDD block storage across our locations. I don't believe any of the bigger cloud providers do that either.

What's even the advantage to offer storage VMs and not just 100 % focus on compute and have a good redundant HDD block storage at about 5 bucks a TB?

Your clients gets better performance, better reability, about the same price (apart from 1 compute needed to use it)

And you save money since a TB block storage could be delivered without any IP resources

Tbf I use your storage VMs and I'm happy with them, but it seems like the "leaner" way to do it

• @hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said:

Didn't you / your alt-account also claim our customer database was leaked, was super confident about it on another forum, and were proven wrong? But you're welcome to continue on this paid charade.

Lol, that’s another customer you pissed off, buddy.

Never claimed your DB was leaked.

I did claim:

• You have shit support (according to the community between when your company started to now).

• You dissolved your original incorporation, filed for an LLC, and then a year ago had to reinstate it for whatever reason.

• You allowed spoofing and many booters on Hackforums used you, which is true. You can even see some threads on LET about your spoofing.

Anyone can verify this information for themselves.

Anyways, this is pointless. I’m not responding anymore. I asked you to stop mentioning me multiple posts ago.

edited June 2023

@hwt said: I do not know what was >done, but the response was simply that i had an iso mounted.

Without going into detail, I think it's been greatly discussed and documented on the internet that KVM VMs do not work well with node reboots when there is an ISO mounted. If you would like, I am happy to find you at least 5 different posts on just this forum about it - all from different providers.

Your server was rebooted due to scheduled maintenance. It did not boot back because there was an ISO mount on it. This can be managed through the user interface without needing to contact support.

I am sorry if I come off as defensive, that might be caused due to the made-up stuff being thrown around on this thread - but I am sorry that this took three weeks. However, please understand that we have (nearly) the same level of access of KVM VMs that a customer does for repairing them.

@SirFoxy said: Lol, that’s another customer you pissed off, buddy.

"Another" and "Customer".....sure.

@SirFoxy said: Anyone can verify this information for themselves.

Yes, including your detailed comment history of making stuff up about us. All available if anyone chooses to spend 30 minutes in your post history.

@emgh said:

@hosthatch said: We will have snapshots/backups that cover that use case, and also the storage VMs. But we're not looking into deploying large scale HDD block storage across our locations. I don't believe any of the bigger cloud providers do that either.

What's even the advantage to offer storage VMs and not just 100 % focus on compute and have a good redundant HDD block storage at about 5 bucks a TB?

Your clients gets better performance, better reability, about the same price (apart from 1 compute needed to use it)

And you save money since a TB block storage could be delivered without any IP resources

Tbf I use your storage VMs and I'm happy with them, but it seems like the "leaner" way to do it

That is something we discussed internally and might do at some point, but large scale HDD deployments are always complicated. We can rebuild a 10TB NVMe array in a matter of hours, without any noticeable customer impact. With HDD, that takes several days/weeks and there is definitely a performance impact that is noticeable.

• @hosthatch said:

@webcraft said:

Which locations? Will backups be searchable like with Proxmox?

• the_doctorthe_doctor Member
    edited June 2023

Just to throw some more gasoline on the fire, I've been exceptionally happy with HostHatch.

There have been hiccups, but never had to wait more than a week for a ticket response and they always fixed it the first time when they got to the ticket.

For the price vs. quality, it works just fine for me.

If I did have one complaint, it would be the FOMO everytime there's a sale. I always overbuy and underutilise. In some cases I bought 3 servers to do one project that only needs 1 server. ;)

Thanked by 1ariq01