Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


How long does it take for HostHatch to reply to the support tickets?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

How long does it take for HostHatch to reply to the support tickets?

HostHatch broke IPv6 on my server after their 14th July 2022 maintenance.

No matter what, the IPv6 doesn't work, following the new configuration: https://docs.hosthatch.com/networking/#ipv6-configuration

I created a support ticket on 2022-07-21. No response for the next two weeks.

Since my project is partially depended on IPv6, I created another ticket on 2022-08-02, marking it as "urgent", and on 2022-08-05 I got a reply with apologizes for the delay and that they're looking at this. Here we are, 15 days later no reply or update.

I'm scared what would happen if there was some more serious issue, e.g. a hardware failure?

Has anyone else experienced such delays in support replies from HostHatch?

To be honest, I'm thinking of moving back to netcup. This provider seem to be unstable and I can't trust it anymore.

«1

Comments

  • depends if you payed promotional price or retail price

    Thanked by 1risharde
  • Hosthatch support is generally fine, I have promo plans and have gotten response under 5 minutes, sometimes it takes weeks.

    Thanked by 1skorous
  • DazzleDazzle Member

    @LiliLabs said:
    Hosthatch support is generally fine, I have promo plans and have gotten response under 5 minutes, sometimes it takes weeks.

    Yes, my experience is the same, their reply is quick, at least from my experience.

  • comXyzcomXyz Member

    it's the same of their egg hatching time

  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited August 20

    @DrDirector said: Has anyone else experienced such delays in support replies from HostHatch?

    Same here, 7 6 of my (promotional) HostHatch services are unusable for me due to non-working IPv6 since mid-July.

    The worst part is that some of these services are prepaid for multiple years and they don't bother to fix the stuff they broke more than a moth ago.

    Thanked by 2DrDirector foitin
  • add_iTadd_iT Member

    @brueggus said:

    @DrDirector said: Has anyone else experienced such delays in support replies from HostHatch?

    Same here, 7 of my (promotional) HostHatch services are unusable for me due to non-working IPv6 since mid-July.

    The worst part is that some of these services are prepaid for multiple years and they don't bother to fix the stuff they broke more than a moth ago.

    Which location ??

  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

    @add_iT said:

    @brueggus said:

    @DrDirector said: Has anyone else experienced such delays in support replies from HostHatch?

    Same here, 7 6 of my (promotional) HostHatch services are unusable for me due to non-working IPv6 since mid-July.

    The worst part is that some of these services are prepaid for multiple years and they don't bother to fix the stuff they broke more than a moth ago.

    Which location ??

    Madrid, Tokyo, Warsaw, Zurich, Sydney, London

  • hosthatchhosthatch Member, Top Host, Host Rep

    @brueggus said:
    The worst part is that some of these services are prepaid for multiple years and they don't bother to fix the stuff they broke more than a moth ago.

    Can you please share what you are paying for these services?

  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

    @hosthatch said:

    @brueggus said:
    The worst part is that some of these services are prepaid for multiple years and they don't bother to fix the stuff they broke more than a moth ago.

    Can you please share what you are paying for these services?

    I will take the time to look that up after you take the time to fix your network which is broken for more than a month. Deal?

  • hosthatchhosthatch Member, Top Host, Host Rep

    @brueggus said:

    Can you please share what you are paying for these services?

    I will take the time to look that up after you take the time to fix your network which is broken for more than a month. Deal?

    I know I end up making more enemies than friends with my tone here, which is why I try to stay away as much as possible.

    But I feel there is a reason you chose to not answer that question, because the answer is $7 per year.

    I still have to discuss this internally and come to a final solution, but the most likely one will be, that we will stop offering IPv6 on promotional services, since it is just not worth the time and money that is required to troubleshoot these issues, and totally not worth the reputation loss from something that affects <1% of the customers. We will also provide full refunds since this is completely on us, as it was something we offered in the first place.

    If IPv6 is not working for you on a promotional service and you feel you have been wronged at the price you are paying, please feel free to ask for a full refund of the remaining billing period. I mean this with no disrespect.

    Thanked by 2LiliLabs dosai
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

    But I feel there is a reason you chose to not answer that question, because the answer is $7 per year.

    I chose not to answer that question because I knew exactly what you were aiming at. And I have to disappoint you, while four of the services are part of the $7-bundle, one is a storage server and another one is a Tokyo pre-order deal. Both are still very affordable, but cost more than $7.
    But does it really matter? In my book, a downtime (non-working IPv6 is equal to 'down' for me) >1mo is ridiculous, no matter if the service costs $70, $17 or $7 per year.

    And I don't get why you're blaming your customers. It wasn't their decision to...

    • offer VMs as low as $7/y
    • cancel IPv6 support in Sydney because of "upstream issues"
    • break IPv6 in other locations while migrating services to your new control panel
    • ignore tickets and not bother to get things resolved

    @hosthatch said: and totally not worth the reputation loss from something that affects <1% of the customers

    FYI, you're building up a bad reputation for slow/nonexistent support instead of inoperable IPv6.

    @hosthatch said: If IPv6 is not working for you on a promotional service and you feel you have been wronged at the price you are paying, please feel free to ask for a full refund of the remaining billing period.

    Thanks, that's something I considered asking for for a few days already.

  • hosthatchhosthatch Member, Top Host, Host Rep

    @brueggus said: And I don't get why you're blaming your customers.

    I am not, sorry if it came off this way.

    @hosthatch said: We will also provide full refunds since this is completely on us, as it was something we offered in the first place.

    I can't really offer much more than that.

  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited August 20

    @hosthatch said: Can you please share what you are paying for these services?

    Can you please share with us if IPv6 wasn't part of those services?

    I mean I am one of your oldest if not the oldest still active client (since Sun, Sep 8, 2013) and as far and I remember IPv6 was always part of a deal since your old OpenVZ days or it wasn't?

    Beside that at some point you should stop act like a victim of us "promotional package clients" and took responsibility for your own act. It's not like you offered them out of a goodness of your heart but as a part of your business strategy and growth.

    What about to fix things instead of blame "rude promotional clients" for your stuff not working the way it should?
    I was absent from the community for several years but the way I remember you Abdullah you were a great guy here around but lately... how's your clients fault when things are broken solely on your side and people just want them to work?

    I for one don't need hosts support when things depend from me, but when things depend from host to assure service functionality there should not be the difference between "promotional" or "non-promotional" clients.
    We, clients, can be annoying sometimes, we can say some word or two too much... but that's not because of we have agenda or something, but out of frustrations.
    I am not trying to be rude or anything toward you it's just the way it is either you acknowledge it or not.

  • emghemgh Member

    @hosthatch said: discuss this internally

    May I ask how big the team is? Always wondered, couldn't quite pin-point if it's a one-man-show or a host with a much larger clientele than LET

  • emghemgh Member

    @Mumbly said:

    @hosthatch said: Can you please share what you are paying for these services?

    Can you please share with us if IPv6 wasn't part of those services?

    I mean I am one of your oldest if not the oldest still active client (since Sun, Sep 8, 2013) and as far and I remember IPv6 was always part of a deal since your old OpenVZ days or it wasn't?

    Beside that at some point you should stop act like a victim of us "promotional package clients" and took responsibility for your own act. It's not like you offered them out of a goodness of your heart but as a part of your business strategy and growth.

    What about to fix things instead of blame "rude promotional clients" for your stuff not working the way it should?
    I was absent from the community for several years but the way I remember you Abdullah you were a great guy here around but lately... how's your clients fault when things are broken solely on your side and people just want them to work?

    I for one don't need hosts support when things depend from me, but when things depend from host to assure service functionality there should not be the difference between "promotional" or "non-promotional" clients.
    I am not trying to be rude or anything toward you it's just the way it is either you acknowledge it or not.

    Is IPv6 working fine on non-promotional packages? If so, must be something weird going on technically?

  • emghemgh Member

    @hosthatch said: I am not, sorry if it came off this way.

    May I also ask why some people are getting minutes response and some are waiting months? If you're available, why not give these people waiting months status updates even if the problem is far from being fixed?

  • MumblyMumbly Member

    @emgh said:
    Is IPv6 working fine on non-promotional packages? If so, must be something weird going on technically?

    I have no idea. I never meet non-promotional package user here :P

  • emghemgh Member

    @Mumbly said:

    @emgh said:
    Is IPv6 working fine on non-promotional packages? If so, must be something weird going on technically?

    I have no idea. I never meet non-promotional package user here :P

    I tried them a few months ago, full-price, but I don't remember.

    Other than that, my only order with them was in 2015, so, I couldn't remember that either.

  • MumblyMumbly Member

    This issue started after the migration to the new contol panel few months ago. I assume it has nothing to do with promotional/non-promotional clients and affect all as it's clearly something broken on hosthatch side.
    Issue with promotional clients here is just that they seems not to be worthy to complain when something at hosthatch side doesn't work the way it should.

  • hosthatchhosthatch Member, Top Host, Host Rep

    There is a difference in service and support when you buy a Kimsufi server vs OVH. Probably should have done something similar here so we had proper expectations set from the start. I take full responsibility for that here.

    At the moment, there are thousands of customers using the promo plans. You will see the same <10 people complaining here again and again and again. Most people who buy these plans are happy with the price they are paying, and the near 100% uptime it gets, as compared to anything else you will find in the market.

    That is also the reason people would choose to continue complaining instead of just taking a refund. The same reason people use Kimsufi. I understand that the best outcome here is to fix those actual problems, I am not daft and stupid to not be able to see that, but we have to pick and choose what we can spend our time on being a small business.

    @emgh said: May I ask how big the team is?

    7 people.

    @emgh said: May I also ask why some people are getting minutes response and some are waiting months?

    I can give you the purple man sales bull where I make false promises for the next 3 paragraphs and be a "nice guy", or I can give you the straight answer and get called an asshole for it. But I think I have answered this question already.

  • coldcold Member

    I have a ticket open since 1 month ago, I gave up hope and canceled my server with them

  • emghemgh Member

    @hosthatch said: I can give you the purple man sales bull where I make false promises for the next 3 paragraphs and be a "nice guy", or I can give you the straight answer and get called an asshole for it. But I think I have answered this question already.

    They didn't pay enough for it to be worth it?

    Would a 5 dollar regular plan be worth it?

    I do see your point, in all honesty, but might have been naive to sell so cheap.

  • emghemgh Member

    @cold said:
    I have a ticket open since 1 month ago, I gave up hope and canceled my server with them

    Maybe that's what they wanted, they probably imagined people paying nearly nothing (to them, compared to their regular clients) would be fine with a working service, with regular hiccups to certain functions (like IPv6). Turns our LET users are not fine with that, and HostHatch would rather see them leave than spend more Human Resources on supporting them than they're paying.

    Probably they'd even ask you to please leave (for a refund) but they know that it would cause even more backlash to they just ignore and hope that you do leave.

    That's my assumption.

  • emghemgh Member

    Final addon, not related to any comment per se: HostHatch isn't a very big company, and they offer hosting in many locations (lots to manage) and also in locations that aren't that cheap to operate it.

    Also, they must spend a decent sum on remote management from datacenters, 7 people for 14 locations (when something goes wrong).

    If these issues require physical investigation, especially in like Sweden for example, where my guess is that they're hosted by Portlane/GleSYS (without having done any research what so ever) - that quickly gets expensive.

    Having a Swedish DC technician look into something for a plan that's 7 bucks a year simply just isn't possible.

    Could have been possible (maybe) if a bunch of people had the same issue on the same location that HostHatch also can go to and spend a few days investigating themselves, but with this setup it's not just possible.

    Honestly I have a hard time determining who's in the right here, if I'd been a buyer needing IPv6 I'd be mad too, but I'm also able to see how it's simply not possible.

  • chipchip Member

    @cybertech said:
    depends if you payed promotional price or retail price

    Nah it doesn't, I had full priced services with hosthatch and the support was so hit and miss ..... one day it would be 5-30 minutes a few weeks later my ticket would go unanswered for weeks

    There services where always good, the support was just "sketchy" ... which was the reason moved everything

    Thanked by 1foitin
  • emghemgh Member

    @chip said:

    @cybertech said:
    depends if you payed promotional price or retail price

    Nah it doesn't, I had full priced services with hosthatch and the support was so hit and miss ..... one day it would be 5-30 minutes a few weeks later my ticket would go unanswered for weeks

    There services where always good, the support was just "sketchy" ... which was the reason moved everything

    Makes me think they considered you annoying in the unanswered tickets, but not annoying in the answered tickets? Or was it COMPLETELY random?

  • chipchip Member

    @emgh said:

    @chip said:

    @cybertech said:
    depends if you payed promotional price or retail price

    Nah it doesn't, I had full priced services with hosthatch and the support was so hit and miss ..... one day it would be 5-30 minutes a few weeks later my ticket would go unanswered for weeks

    There services where always good, the support was just "sketchy" ... which was the reason moved everything

    Makes me think they considered you annoying in the unanswered tickets, but not annoying in the answered tickets? Or was it COMPLETELY random?

    Completely random and it was also years ago, they said then they where going to sort out support..... looks like they never did

    One ticket they didn't answer was because the snapshots didnt/weren't working ..... they replied weeks and weeks later telling me it wasn't setup and they didn't intend to switch it on/set it up at all

    And other times the issues where more complicated but they replied in minutes

    As I said originally "sketchy" which is truly a shame as the services where always good

    Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

    @chip said:

    @emgh said:

    @chip said:

    @cybertech said:
    depends if you payed promotional price or retail price

    Nah it doesn't, I had full priced services with hosthatch and the support was so hit and miss ..... one day it would be 5-30 minutes a few weeks later my ticket would go unanswered for weeks

    There services where always good, the support was just "sketchy" ... which was the reason moved everything

    Makes me think they considered you annoying in the unanswered tickets, but not annoying in the answered tickets? Or was it COMPLETELY random?

    Completely random and it was also years ago, they said then they where going to sort out support..... looks like they never did

    One ticket they didn't answer was because the snapshots didnt/weren't working ..... they replied weeks and weeks later telling me it wasn't setup and they didn't intend to switch it on/set it up at all

    And other times the issues where more complicated but they replied in minutes

    As I said originally "sketchy" which is truly a shame as the services where always good

    It's so interesting how they basically claim crazy late answers is for annoying questions from low paying clients, but some claim it's just random and weird.

  • chipchip Member

    @emgh said:

    @chip said:

    @emgh said:

    @chip said:

    @cybertech said:
    depends if you payed promotional price or retail price

    Nah it doesn't, I had full priced services with hosthatch and the support was so hit and miss ..... one day it would be 5-30 minutes a few weeks later my ticket would go unanswered for weeks

    There services where always good, the support was just "sketchy" ... which was the reason moved everything

    Makes me think they considered you annoying in the unanswered tickets, but not annoying in the answered tickets? Or was it COMPLETELY random?

    Completely random and it was also years ago, they said then they where going to sort out support..... looks like they never did

    One ticket they didn't answer was because the snapshots didnt/weren't working ..... they replied weeks and weeks later telling me it wasn't setup and they didn't intend to switch it on/set it up at all

    And other times the issues where more complicated but they replied in minutes

    As I said originally "sketchy" which is truly a shame as the services where always good

    It's so interesting how they basically claim crazy late answers is for annoying questions from low paying clients, but some claim it's just random and weird.

    Also none of the services I had at the time where special offers they where all from there site and "retail" prices

    Thanked by 1emgh
  • coldcold Member

    @emgh said:

    @cold said:
    I have a ticket open since 1 month ago, I gave up hope and canceled my server with them

    Maybe that's what they wanted, they probably imagined people paying nearly nothing (to them, compared to their regular clients) would be fine with a working service, with regular hiccups to certain functions (like IPv6). Turns our LET users are not fine with that, and HostHatch would rather see them leave than spend more Human Resources on supporting them than they're paying.

    Probably they'd even ask you to please leave (for a refund) but they know that it would cause even more backlash to they just ignore and hope that you do leave.

    That's my assumption.

    I don't care or give a shit, I move to someone else who treats his customers right... I paid what they asked if they don't want my money anymore I'm fine with it. There is plenty of fish in the ocean

Sign In or Register to comment.