Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch are doing it right! Performance & great prices galore! 100% in my books and my pocket! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch are doing it right! Performance & great prices galore! 100% in my books and my pocket!

Comments

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Mumbly said:

@rcy026 said:
    In HostHatchs defense, they usually clearly state in their offers that provisioning will be delayed and that support is very limited on promotional offers. I understand peoples frustration, but they were informed when they made the choice.

Lately after all the heat from LET community some year or so ago.
    When Abdullah joined LET plans weren't advertised with better/worse support.

I am hosted with them with ups and downs since 2013 and I usually don't require support per se as long host take care for their own infrastrucure, but it sucks when something at hosts side doesn't work and there's no way for me to fix it and also host don't lift a finger to fix an issue at their own side, which make service unusable - that was my experience with HH and their old control panel from some year or so ago.
    Before that I didn't really need support for years.

I tend to stay with my hosts long term and I hope for another peaceful 8 years or so before they screw up completely again :P

The user who wrote this review did not come to us from LET (I believe) and did not sign up with any promotions. The OP has a higher priority support queue, so their experience on that end will definitely be better than someone who signed up on Black Friday.

But please allow me to address some of your concerns:

Lately after all the heat from LET community some year or so ago.
    When Abdullah joined LET plans weren't advertised with better/worse support.

This is absolutely correct. And we did try doing that for a while, until we realized it is just not possible with the way the market is headed.

An IPv4 cost $5 USD to buy in 2014. Today, it costs nearly $50 USD. We do not set the market price, and in fact have never raised pricing on anyone, ever, but it does have a trickle-down effect.

I usually don't require support per se as long host take care for their own infrastrucure, >but it sucks when something at hosts side doesn't work and there's no way for me to fix >it and also host don't lift a finger to fix an issue at their own side, which make service >unusable - that was my experience with HH and their old control panel from some year >or so ago.

That's a very fair point, but also, that is what support on an unmanaged plan is for. The support that comes with our non-promo plans is not managed support, and we won't read up articles to resolve 3rd party problems. It is just faster unmanaged support that will fix exactly those issues, just much faster and more reliably.

In a perfect world, those issues should not exist to begin with, and I think we've come a long way in doing that too, since our self-service panel is much better than it was a few years ago.

This is not to say that we value any customer any less, but we do have two different types of service that we offer. One competes with the other cloud providers, with production ready support, and the other one does not (and hence, comes with a large discount).

There will always be a new kid on the block offering all sorts of discounts + 24/7/365 30-minute response times......until they won't. (NexusBytes was the latest example, but you and I have been here for 12+ years and know that there are a bunch more).

@SirFoxy said: HostHatch used to have god awful support, like VirMach or worse, but the quality of the product has always been solid… besides the fact I used to have a server with a self-changing IP(?)

I don’t think I could justify giving them another shot after my first experience, though. That ship has sailed. First impressions are important.

If you do change your mind - please do so by signing up from one of the services we offer directly through our website, so you can have a completely different experience than the one you had in the past.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • hex0hhex0h Member

It is not affiliate spam. I am very impressed and I'm off to a good start with HostHatch. I was actually just hoping to share my experience and thought it would be logical to attach my link which I just did not apply in the correct manner or according to the rules which was an honest noob oversight by myself. Post number 1 went well I guess lol and I have a lot to learn but it was definitely not intended as spam and just my own experience and a honest review. I meant no harm.

Thanked by 2BBTN ariq01
  • Personal service with a smile :) as they call it where I come from.

Where they say that, they provide an actual fucking smile, stupid idiot.

We may need to ban AI shitposts on LET.

• @hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said: HostHatch used to have god awful support, like VirMach or worse, but the quality of the product has always been solid… besides the fact I used to have a server with a self-changing IP(?)

I don’t think I could justify giving them another shot after my first experience, though. That ship has sailed. First impressions are important.

If you do change your mind - please do so by signing up from one of the services we offer directly through our website, so you can have a completely different experience than the one you had in the past.

The "you get better support if you pay regular pricing" argument doesn't jive with the fact that when opening a ticket, there isn't a field to select which service the problem is being reported against. It really just seems like whether a ticket got proper triage or not factors more in response time.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy

@TimboJones said:

@hosthatch said:

The "you get better support if you pay regular pricing" argument doesn't jive with the fact that when opening a ticket, there isn't a field to select which service the problem is being reported against. It really just seems like whether a ticket got proper triage or not factors more in response time.

All tickets are reviewed nearly as soon as they come in (for the most part). So, if you were to open a ticket asking what the cost of an additional IP address is, you would likely get a very fast response, no matter what plan you are on.

If you opened a ticket that requires any sort of engineer time, that may be prioritized differently depending on the support workload at the time.

Thanked by 2darkimmortal ariq01
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

@TimboJones said:

@hosthatch said:

Lol, that’s a great point I didn’t even think about. They have no real way to differentiate between promo and full price plans, there’s no way they actually tell whatever first tier support rep “make sure you click on their profile first and if they paid less, delay their response.”

@SirFoxy said:

@TimboJones said:

@hosthatch said:

Lol, that’s a great point I didn’t even think about. They have no real way to differentiate between promo and full price plans, there’s no way they actually tell whatever first tier support rep “make sure you click on their profile first and if they paid less, delay their response.”

:(

Thanked by 2emgh fluffernutter
  • hwthwt Member

Their pricing is good. Support, years back, seems OK (I asked for IPv6, so it wasn't critical).

My last support ticket with them took 3 weeks to resolve. I had an issue with starting my VPS from their control panel. It would "start" for a few seconds and go "offline". Tried everything including reinstalling, which also failed. Average ticket respond time was 1 week, with responses that does not address the issue I had. Even "urgent" tickets took almost a week to resolve.

Good thing I'm not using their VPS for anything critical.

@hwt said:
    Their pricing is good. Support, years back, seems OK (I asked for IPv6, so it wasn't critical).

My last support ticket with them took 3 weeks to resolve. I had an issue with starting my VPS from their control panel. It would "start" for a few seconds and go "offline". Tried everything including reinstalling, which also failed. Average ticket respond time was 1 week, with responses that does not address the issue I had. Even "urgent" tickets took almost a week to resolve.

If this happened on a normal-priced plan from our website, please contact me and I will give you a full refund, $100 out of my pocket + 10 free years of service.

• @hosthatch said:

@hwt said:

If this happened on a normal-priced plan from our website, please contact me and I will give you a full refund, $100 out of my pocket + 10 free years of service.

hold my beer, i will ask the support a question so dumb they wont reply and catch this bounty

Thanked by 1fart

@treesmokah said:

@hosthatch said:

@hwt said:

hold my beer, i will ask the support a question so dumb they wont reply and catch this bounty

It is honestly quite annoying when people leave out certain details to make the argument look a certain way.

I do not know who the customer is exactly, but I am that sure that this would never, ever happen on a plan from our website.

It's not like our plans on the website are a Softlayer/Rackspace pricing level ripoff in any way for what they deliver (more resources than nearly all competitors who have similar locations/reach), with real 24/7/365 support.

We specifically state that Black Friday-like plans are only possible without access to our normal support queue. Complaining about support and leaving the part about what plan you have is just bad taste.

My offer still stands of course.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited June 2023

@hosthatch said: We specifically state that Black Friday-like plans are only possible without access to our normal support queue. Complaining about support and leaving the part about what plan you have is just bad taste.

Any plans on any sales anytime soon? :p

Would happily grab some VPS in EU, previous sales appeared to be focused more on US and eventually NL which is fine, but wish there would be more locations ;)

@treesmokah said:

@hosthatch said: We specifically state that Black Friday-like plans are only possible without access to our normal support queue. Complaining about support and leaving the part about what plan you have is just bad taste.

Would happily grab some VPS in EU, previous sales appeared to be focused more on US and eventually NL which is fine, but wish there would be more locations ;)

We're sending new hardware to most EU locations (out of stock at the moment, even for normal plans), so hopefully July/August along with cdn77 bandwidth.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited June 2023

@hosthatch said:

@treesmokah said:

We're sending new hardware to most EU locations (out of stock at the moment, even for normal plans), so hopefully July/August along with cdn77 bandwidth.

amazing, especially with datapacket network. i absolutely love their network.
    if you ever wanted to start providing "ddos as feature", besides complimentary one included in most locations by upstreams. datapacket has a team of people that can handle that full time, do not know how much it costs for transit, but for dedis its like 500 eur per month, not bad at all.

but of course it would either require datapacket to handle all incoming bandwidth in given location, or some local appliances which would switch it under attack.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

@hwt said:

Same deal here and then it’d come back online with a new ipv4 address.

Support was nonexistent then the founder was an unapologetic asshole that behaved just like the VirMach founder.

“Well actually you’re entitled because I sold you a service, and I can’t afford to hire support staff. Pay us more to get a response.”

-HostHatch founder for 5 years now as he insists support is getting better.

No thanks, I’ll pay more else where.

Thanked by 1foitin
  • hwthwt Member

Interesting reply from hosthatch. If only hosthatch's support was as responsive as hosthatch replies to this thread :/

In response. Yes, the vps was bought during sales. I wasn't expecting sysadmin support, I reached out to support because things didn't work. As far as I can tell, it's not something i am able to fix. It seems to be bugs in the control panel.

The response I'm hearing is that folks who purchased VPS on sales shouldn't expect support for what appears to be hosthatch's issues.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2023

@hosthatch said:
    It is honestly quite annoying when people leave out certain details to make the argument look a certain way.

I do not know who the customer is exactly, but I am that sure that this would never, ever happen on a plan from our website.

It's not like our plans on the website are a Softlayer/Rackspace pricing level ripoff in any way for what they deliver (more resources than nearly all competitors who have similar locations/reach), with real 24/7/365 support.

We specifically state that Black Friday-like plans are only possible without access to our normal support queue. Complaining about support and leaving the part about what plan you have is just bad taste.

But still, if that's what he said true, this means that his service was "down" for several weeks, because of issue on your side, not his own.
    If even clean reinstall fail and there's no solution for weeks that's not just "slow support" as customer here don't need support per se, just functional service - you to take care for your own infrastructure and beyond that customer is on his own (which is perfectly fine for low cost unmanaged service).
    I experienced something similiar some year or so ago. I don't need your "support", I can fix my shit most of the time by myself - as long your infrastructure work. If there's something broken on your own side, something out of my control (ie. server can't be reinstalled via control panel or something and client get stuck), I will of course notify you via ticket, but that's your responsibility to fix it to make service usable and it has nothing to do with slower support.

I don't want to drag you through the mud as there are also obvious upsides using your service (generous resources for a price, fabulous locations, good uptime, stable foundation...) otherwise I wouldn't be your client for full decade now, but my guess is that we have different definition of a support.
    If something on your side doesn't work properly to make service usable (I hope for most of those issues diminished with the new control panel) it should be your absolute priority to work on that as it has nothing to do with the actual support of an individual client, but about basic functionality of a service you sell.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited June 2023

You know, If I wasn't representing my now defunct startup - I would have had some choice words but don't tempt me further.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@hosthatch said:

@treesmokah said:

@hosthatch said:

@hwt said:

My offer still stands of course.

Just out of curiosity, the OP who complained just right now, isn't it a very serious issue not to boot up a VM, even with reinstall & took 3 weeks to be solved. I assume, support ticket can be slower as you already stated that but a VM that can't be booted/reinstalled from the control panel itself is a critical error from the platform end. What I can conclude is, either the OPs complain is invalid or they made some blunder themselves. Otherwise, if it's not working & is a critical platform error, then 3 weeks is questionable even on discounted plans !

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • dosaidosai Member

People who complaint about Hosthatch's support response time still keep buying their servers.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • MumblyMumbly Member

@dosai said:
    People who complaint about Hosthatch's support response time still keep buying their servers.

And then there are people who don't comprehend what they read, but still comment ;)

• dosaidosai Member

@Mumbly said:

@dosai said:

And then there are people who don't comprehend what they read, but still comment ;)

True, I didn't read the whole thread. It is something I've observed over the years.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2023

So, just random general statement, not necessary connected to the people's posts.

• so....skeletons coming out?

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2023

@cybertech said:
    so....skeletons coming out?

Nothing too drastic, just random brainfarts when things could be handled better, I think. We have dealt with way way worse hosts. Well, some still do :P
    HH will be good.

• emghemgh Member

I ordered a normal server with @hosthatch about a week ago

Sadly their UI don’t seem to reflect when a location is sold out, so I paid and got nothing

This should be fixed ASAP

However, I also want to say, upton sending in a ticket, I asked to either be moved to AMS or have a refund. I also said that I’m in somewhat of a rush because my backup server failed and so this will be the replacement.

I got a reply within a few minutes, they apologized and set it up on AMS.

So apart from a UI bug that shouldn’t be too hard to solve, their support was really good to me.

This was on a standard plan, not a promotional plan.

Thanked by 1hosthatch

@treesmokah said:

@hosthatch said:

@treesmokah said:

amazing, especially with datapacket network. i absolutely love their network.
    if you ever wanted to start providing "ddos as feature", besides complimentary one included in most locations by upstreams. datapacket has a team of people that can handle that full time, do not know how much it costs for transit, but for dedis its like 500 eur per month, not bad at all.

but of course it would either require datapacket to handle all incoming bandwidth in given location, or some local appliances which would switch it under attack.

Yep, DP is great. I believe the cost is much lower for us if we decide to do it, but it's not on the books right now, since good DDoS protection can only be achieved when we are able to effectively communicate between the customer and the upstream when an attack is leaking. Possibly something to consider for the future though.

Thanked by 1treesmokah
    edited June 2023

@SirFoxy said:

No thanks, I’ll pay more else where.

You're always welcome to do that (yet you continue making negative comments, haven't you made tens of those in the recent few years while not even using us in that period?).

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Just out of curiosity, the OP who complained just right now, isn't it a very serious issue not to boot up a VM, even with reinstall & took 3 weeks to be solved. I assume, support ticket can be slower as you already stated that but a VM that can't be booted/reinstalled from the control panel itself is a critical error from the platform end. What I can conclude is, either the OPs complain is invalid or they made some blunder themselves. Otherwise, if it's not working & is a critical platform error, then 3 weeks is questionable even on discounted plans !

@Mumbly said: But still, if that's what he said true, this means that his service was "down" for several weeks, because of issue on your side, not his own.

Totally fair and it should never take that long. However, I think I was able to locate his ticket (maybe I am wrong though, and am happy to be corrected) - there was an ISO mount that was preventing the server from booting, and that could have been resolved by the user themselves by hitting "unmount ISO".

On most KVM VMs, we have pretty much the same access as the user does, especially when it comes to things like booting up sysrescue to run a file system check, or to mount a disk and move data away, etc.

There isn't really much in that complaint for me to look into, but of course a few people like @SirFoxy will look at anyone saying "HH bad", not know the context, and say "see I was right all along" because people want to feel they are right, all the time with their confirmation bias. You can pretty much see it happening live above. :)

• Does HostHatch support windows OS ?