Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch are doing it right! Performance & great prices galore! 100% in my books and my pocket! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch are doing it right! Performance & great prices galore! 100% in my books and my pocket!

124»

Comments

• Emotional intelligence, where art thou?

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@webcraft said:

@hosthatch said:

@webcraft said:
    When does Snapshots, Backups and Block Storage come? Your websites lists them as fur in May and June, but I cannot see them anywhere in the panel to order or add to the vps.

Snapshots should be in the next few days for the first locations. Block storage hopefully towards the end of the month.

Which locations? Will backups be searchable like with Proxmox?

We haven't decided on the list of locations to go live first yet. Will know soon enough though.

@the_doctor said:
    Just to throw some more gasoline on the fire, I've been exceptionally happy with HostHatch.

There have been hiccups, but never had to wait more than a week for a ticket response and they always fixed it the first time when they got to the ticket.

For the price vs. quality, it works just fine for me.

If I did have one complaint, it would be the FOMO everytime there's a sale. I always overbuy and underutilise. In some cases I bought 3 servers to do one project that only needs 1 server. ;)

If you decide to post a new thread with this review, I know at least one guy who will come there to tell you that you're wrong and your opinion is false.

On a more serious note, thank you for sharing, always glad to see happy customers :)

Thanked by 2the_doctor ariq01
  • LimpanLimpan Member

+1. Happy customer since 2017. Support may be slow at times, but it’s rarely needed once servers are up and running.

All locations I’m using are very stable as well.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

I think HostHatch was the first VPS I ever bought.

Not 100 % sure.

But I think it actually might have been.

Logging in I see an invoice from 2015-12-08.

That would make me like 13. I’m 21.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • I have an account with them, but no VPS active at the moment, i created a ticket. They replied within 8 hours. Nice @hosthatch

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • JasonMJasonM Member

nice 1st post. thanks.

• ariq01ariq01 Member
    edited June 2023

Hosthatch prem :)
    I just curious how hosthatch can identify lowendtalk users to match their billing system for investigation purposes. Like: did LET Admin grant Hosthatch privileges to see LET user's email in LET? hahaha

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@ariq01 said: I just curious how hosthatch can identify lowendtalk users to match their billing system for investigation purposes.

1. With the order/invoice IDs - for those who post them.
    2. I can't speak on behalf of providers, and I can only speculate, but I assume they would (or try) match/relate whatever that's raised on forums with the tickets they have.

Not necessarily they'll constantly hit the nail on the head with the above, but I guess that's how it is most of the time.

@ariq01 said: did LET Admin grant Hosthatch privileges to see LET user's email in LET?

No.

What makes you think people use the same email address everywhere?

Thanked by 2ariq01 hosthatch
  • @DP said:
    What makes you think people use the same email address everywhere?

That would be horrible OPSEC. :joy:

• nick_nick_ Member

Hope block storage will be available in SG soon. I would like to try using it as attachable database storage.

Thanked by 1hosthatch

@ariq01 said:
    Hosthatch prem :)
    I just curious how hosthatch can identify lowendtalk users to match their billing system for investigation purposes. Like: did LET Admin grant Hosthatch privileges to see LET user's email in LET? hahaha

Just asked on our company Slack if someone know who this was :)

@nick_ said: Hope block storage will be available in SG soon. I would like to try using it as attachable database storage.

I really hate using this word, but soon.

We finished the BETA version of our API, next is the final touches on snapshots, and then comes block storage.

Thanked by 2ariq01 nick_
  • CedCed Member

good writting, so how much hosthatch paid for you to write this shit here?
    ALL BS

• Slightly different..

@hosthatch any reason why Chicago storage nodes are undergoing reboots ? Or is it just me? Had 4 reboots in 2 days identified by Hetrixtools...

• @hosthatch said:

@hwt said: I do not know what was >done, but the response was simply that i had an iso mounted.

Without going into detail, I think it's been greatly discussed and documented on the internet that KVM VMs do not work well with node reboots when there is an ISO mounted. If you would like, I am happy to find you at least 5 different posts on just this forum about it - all from different providers.

Your server was rebooted due to scheduled maintenance. It did not boot back because there was an ISO mount on it. This can be managed through the user interface without needing to contact support.

I am sorry if I come off as defensive, that might be caused due to the made-up stuff being thrown around on this thread - but I am sorry that this took three weeks. However, please understand that we have (nearly) the same level of access of KVM VMs that a customer does for repairing them.

Sounds like this can mostly be resolved by adding additional information or mouseover help to tell user to eject ISO, shutdown server, restart server and then shutdown server, re-select the ISO and start it again.

Or, you can just auto eject the ISO and let it boot. But either way, it's a known state you can prevent and recover from automatically if you fix this in your panel. It's obviously not intuitive.

• @plumberg said:
    Slightly different..

@hosthatch any reason why Chicago storage nodes are undergoing reboots ? Or is it just me? Had 4 reboots in 2 days identified by Hetrixtools...

I really hope node identification is added to the panel so can see what servers are hosted on what nodes...

• @TimboJones said:

@plumberg said:
    Slightly different..

I really hope node identification is added to the panel so can see what servers are hosted on what nodes...

You are tight. Just realized it today when both my vms went down at practically same time.

Since ip ranges were different I assumed they were on different nodes...

So have asked support if they can move one out to a different node.

• _MS__MS_ Member

@plumberg said:

@TimboJones said:

@plumberg said:
    Slightly different..

You are tight.

• MS said:

@plumberg said:

@TimboJones said:

@plumberg said:
    Slightly different..

You are tight.

• @hosthatch said:
    Thank you for the review, and we look forward to working with you in the future as well.

Please check the ticket #107103

i'm asking for full refund. my ticket --->3 days ago - as of today.

• bdlbdl Member

@shatowolf said:

@hosthatch said:
    Thank you for the review, and we look forward to working with you in the future as well.

Please check the ticket #107103

i'm asking for full refund. my ticket --->3 days ago - as of today.

I'm asking for no necroposting as of today.

Thanked by 2emgh ariq01