Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch service down? No information
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch service down? No information

Hi guys, like me someone is having any problems with HostHatch?

Chicago Storage 24 hours service down, 2 Tickets and no response, i don't know if it's only me or a provider outage, status page show all fine.

Comments

• Why two tickets? You're doing it wrong.

You didn't provide any details about how your server is down, so I don't know why the fuck other people could say they have the same problem.

What does the console say when you VNC in?

If the console doesn't work, THAT'S WHAT YOU SAY.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • New York has been down for an hour.

• Not the only provider down in New York right now. This appears to be bigger than HostHatch, but I haven't seen any details yet.

• RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider

As far as I know, Hosthatch New York is also colocated in Evocative EWR1. (former INAP NYC). There is a datacenter issue at this facility.

Thanked by 1loyaltyforge
  • Looks like it's a fire. Seems like it's put out, but the FD is requiring them to stay powered down for now.

https://status.dedicated.com/

Thanked by 4loay nick_ aj_potc hanoi
  • nick_nick_ Member

Oh, that's one of the worst case scenarios for a datacenter. Hope all the data there is intact.

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

Haven't heard of any issues in NY so far networking wise today.
    Guess fires would explain why people are down.

• epaslvepaslv Member
    edited July 2023

More info here https:https://status.logicservers.com/

• It appears most of the Secaucus datacenters are clustered quite close together, but that this event affected only one of them.

I'm seeing no issues with @interservermike's datacenters.

Thanked by 1loyaltyforge
  • loyaltyforgeloyaltyforge Member
    edited July 2023

The dedicated.com status page has probably the last info we'll see before morning. It's a solid update, and things look promising:

an isolated fire in an UPS in an electrical room was detected and put out by fire suppression. The local fire department arrived on the scene, and per NEC guidelines and likely local laws and general best practices for firefighters, cut the power to the building. This caused the down -> up -> down cycle noted earlier today.

Current state is that datacenter electricians are on site awaiting access to the building to perform repair work to the UPS, but are currently waiting permission from the fire department to enter the building.

Once the electrical work is complete, the power will be applied to HVAC to subcool the facility, which will take an estimated 3-4 hours, and at that point, power will be restored to data halls, which will bring our network and servers back online.

The datacenter manager gave a best-case ETA of tomorrow morning, July 11th, for power to be restored to data halls. Again, please engage your business continuity plans as this does remain an open-ended outage outside of our control.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Know of any way to subscribe to this? Would be nice to know since HostHatch doesn't communicate otherwise.

• srch07srch07 Member

Man LET has better updates then provider. Just saying. :)

• @srch07 said:
    Man LET has better updates then provider. Just saying. :)

Welcome to LETSUPPORT

• Update from the DC via Dedicated.com this morning @ Tuesday 11th July 2023 09:25:26 ET:

Our remediation vendor and our team has worked through the night to clean the UPS' at the request of the fire marshal. They have made significant progress and we hope to have the cleaning completed by mid-day, at which time we will engage the fire marshal to review the site. Following their review, we hope to get a sign off from them so that we can start the reenergizing process. The reenergizing process can take 4-5 hours, as we need to turn up the critical infrastructure prior to any servers.

• Another incident like OVH, I hope everyone's data is safe. Hosthatch doesn't even list Singapore on their status page! I feel neglected :cry: I have a Singapore server with them. Although I do know that as long as Rack Central is up and running, I'll be fine.

• zGatozGato Member
    edited July 2023

@jobayer said:
    Another incident like OVH, I hope everyone's data is safe. Hosthatch doesn't even list Singapore on their status page! I feel neglected :cry: I have a Singapore server with them. Although I do know that as long as Rack Central is up and running, I'll be fine.

This incident is not even close to what OVH experienced my guy. Check out their status update, data should be safe (they've not checked it tho)

• 2bluesc2bluesc Member
    edited July 2023

@2bluesc said:

Know of any way to subscribe to this? Would be nice to know since HostHatch doesn't communicate otherwise.

This morning around 8:45am ET it appears that Hosthatch added the subscription by email feature to their Uptime Robot instance.

Click the bell icon in the upper right!

Thanked by 1hapkido
  • @2bluesc said:

@2bluesc said:

Know of any way to subscribe to this? Would be nice to know since HostHatch doesn't communicate otherwise.

This morning around 8:45am ET it appears that Hosthatch added the subscription by email feature to their Uptime Robot instance.

Click the bell icon in the upper right!

And they added Singapore too! Nice!

Seems like hosthatch is watching the posts, good job 👍

• @hapkido said:
    Seems like hosthatch is watching the posts, good job 👍

They're the best!

• server is online but can't ping from public ip

• @longhuynh said:
    server is online but can't ping from public ip

My storage server is online after 1 hour of fsck.ext4 recovery. Services on it seem fine otherwise.

• @2bluesc said:

@longhuynh said:
    server is online but can't ping from public ip

My storage server is online after 1 hour of fsck.ext4 recovery. Services on it seem fine otherwise.

my server just came back online 20 minutes ago. no damage

• 2bluesc2bluesc Member
    edited July 2023

Annnndddd closed my support ticket from the early hours of the outage before learning of the fire to save the support team the hassle!

• @gabydup said:
    New York has been down for an hour.

Don't necro.

Thanked by 12bluesc