Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch support issues?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch support issues?

Is something weird with HostHatch/@Abdullah or is this normal for them?

Background: VPS with them for about a year and great (but no real need for support)

Issue: 10 days ago there was a network outage at the Chicago datacenter for about two hours (I opened a ticket and got a "we're working on it" and later "issue resolved". But I saw on twitter "We will provide RFO shortly via email" and (after not receiving a report), I asked about it).

No response. I asked again (same ticket) 4 days later. No response. A day later, I opened a new ticket asking for a copy of the report, no response. Later, a new ticket, but for the feedback department saying I've asked several times over several days for this report and haven't gotten any response. They immediately responded—telling me that they'll check if the report is ready and telling me to stop opening tickets.

I normally wouldn’t open a new ticket except that they weren't responding. I wish they would tell me "it take several days" (if that’s the case), but it seems like this wouldn’t take long (and the tweet said “shortly”).

I was more curious to know what happened (I’m not upset about a rare outage), but now my confidence in HostHatch is shaken—are they still a highly recommended provider or has something changed?

Comments

• low end support

Thanked by 1stellar7
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I had raised matters wrt their support quality some time ago and Abdullah did promise that support will be improved this year so I’m not sure what’s up with that and my VPS has been stable for the past year.

Guess it’s just one of those they-are-superb-when-no-support-is-required kinda thing.

Thanked by 1stellar7
  • Hosthatch support is notoriously shit I wouldn't expect anything to change it just is what it is.

Thanked by 1stellar7
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2020

Promotional plans go to a different support queue than their regular plans.

This is fair enough for me. I pay just usd $2.33/TB-mo of RAID6/60 (with bundled 3TB transfer per TB-mo.)

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @vimalware said:
    Promotional plans go to a different support queue than their regular plans.

This is fair enough for me. I pay just usd $2.33/TB-mo of RAID6/60 (with bundled 3TB transfer per TB-mo.)

To clarify, I'm not on a promotional plan. I'm paying full price.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • strmdstrmd Member
    edited November 2020

I have the same experience recently, after some disk issues with two of my services making them borderline unusable. First ticket sat for over a month without a reply, new ticket resulted in "we're looking into it", which was a few weeks ago now.

I have been super happy before and figure this may be down to general covid issues, but will not be renewing some of these promo plans (which I'm sure they're fine with).

Thanked by 1stellar7
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

The RFO for the Chicago issue should have been sent a while ago. It was my duty to send it out so I am sorry for missing the mark on this one. I assure you this will be a one time thing and you won’t see this again.

@thedp said:
    I had raised matters wrt their support quality some time ago and Abdullah did promise that support will be improved this year so I’m not sure what’s up with that and my VPS has been stable for the past year.

Guess it’s just one of those they-are-superb-when-no-support-is-required kinda thing.

We have massively improved our support in the past year. You will notice the lack of similar threads this year as compared to the last.

Yes there are still some cases that happen like this one, but these are the exceptions now. People don’t really share feedback when they are happy anymore like they used to a few years ago - note the part where “there has been zero problems” for one year.

I am not trying to justify this case - but the logic is that good support is expected, and when you will have it - you will be happy, but you won’t be happy enough to open a thread to share that information.

@SirFoxy said:
    Hosthatch support is notoriously shit I wouldn't expect anything to change it just is what it is.

Ah ok - thanks. Is this your fourth or fifth post calling us shit?

Thanked by 2stellar7 MaxKVM
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Abdullah

From my point of view, based on my personal experience with your support team, I wouldn’t say they’re crap, useless or anything along those lines, but just that they could do better ☺️ I’m mostly referring to communication and ticket handling.

Nevertheless, I’ve been with HostHatch for almost 3 years now and I’m happy - just waiting for deals/promos so I can upgrade my VPS 😀

Thanked by 1stellar7
  • I had some services with them some years ago and after a support ticket went unreplied to for months i moved everything elsewhere .... they did eventually reply with something and they promised me support would get better (this was years ago)

@thedp said:

Thanked by 1stellar7
  • @Abdullah said:
    The RFO for the Chicago issue should have been sent a while ago. It was my duty to send it out so I am sorry for missing the mark on this one. I assure you this will be a one time thing and you won’t see this again.

@thedp said:

We have massively improved our support in the past year. You will notice the lack of similar threads this year as compared to the last.

Yes there are still some cases that happen like this one, but these are the exceptions now. People don’t really share feedback when they are happy anymore like they used to a few years ago - note the part where “there has been zero problems” for one year.

I am not trying to justify this case - but the logic is that good support is expected, and when you will have it - you will be happy, but you won’t be happy enough to open a thread to share that information.

@SirFoxy said:
    Hosthatch support is notoriously shit I wouldn't expect anything to change it just is what it is.

Ah ok - thanks. Is this your fourth or fifth post calling us shit?

Yes it is my fourth or fifth time of calling you shit and your fourth or fifth time defending your support and saying you'd improve it. If you did then I wouldn't be calling it shit lmao.

• bdlbdl Member
    edited November 2020

@Abdullah said:

Is there a central repository or similar where we can view the RFOs? I have a London and Chicago service and have never received an RFO by email, so if there was some kind of self-service area I could check, that would be great!

Thanked by 1stellar7
  • Welcome to standard Hosthatch support. This is normal.

Thanked by 1stellar7
  • It is their only flaw I must say.

Thanked by 1stellar7
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2020

Its like talking to your wife, but she is under drugs while you try to solve your IPv6 issue with her, quite impossible, took them a few weeks.
    But in the end has been done, after a few weeks.

Some may even say, its the worst Support I ever had.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2020

Guys - if anyone has had a similar experience with support on a non-promo service in the past year, please send me a PM with a ticket ID and I will add 6 months of extension for you at no cost.

According to @SirFoxy here - I should be expecting a couple hundred PMs shortly

As I have said earlier - we’ve made strides in making our support better this year and still continue to do so. Yes, we have different support priorities for promo and non-promo users, but we have improved in both cases compared to the previous year.

Note that this issue is related to an RFO not being sent out on time - however during the outage itself and after the outage, all affected customers were updated about it via tickets and twitter. Very swiftly and timely. There were no gaps in communication.

This case is an exception, not the norm. I think most users will have already seen a huge improvement compared to last year - which is where you will hear most of the complaints from. And we continue to try and do better.

@SirFoxy said:

Yes it is my fourth or fifth time of calling you shit and your fourth or fifth time defending your support and saying you'd improve it. If you did then I wouldn't be calling it shit lmao.

No, I honestly think you are just a troll with too much time.

There’s definitely issues that we should be looking at, but I don’t think that has anything to do with your trolling. Most of us are busy and have more useful things to do in our lives.

Thanked by 3dosai Trav MaxKVM
  • miumiu Member
    edited November 2020

@Abdullah said:

hello, ticket id 862212

BTW:
    1) u can see from history that i am good, old and loyalty customer
    2) till now was HH my absolutely number #1, best provider from all (in my mind, for me, sure i never got more for my money as from HH from nobody other.. + servers long time very stable and good working), and i extremely satisfied and grateful customer, now i am not sure more

regards miu

Thanked by 1stellar7
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2020

It's a case of YMMV.
    I am on a Promo plan, and had an issue with the plan in Chicago location some months ago. Server went offline, ticket was addressed in under an hour. Re-imaged and up and running in under 2 hours.

I had a backup so I did not lose a million dollars. Note that I only have one service with Hosthatch now (in London) did not renew the Chicago one for a different set of reasons.

Thanked by 1stellar7
  • @Abdullah said:
    Guys - if anyone has had a similar experience with support on a non-promo service in the past year, please send me a PM with a ticket ID and I will add 6 months of extension for you at no cost.

According to @SirFoxy here - I should be expecting a couple hundred PMs shortly

As I have said earlier - we’ve made strides in making our support better this year and still continue to do so. Yes, we have different support priorities for promo and non-promo users, but we have improved in both cases compared to the previous year.

Note that this issue is related to an RFO not being sent out on time - however during the outage itself and after the outage, all affected customers were updated about it via tickets and twitter. Very swiftly and timely. There were no gaps in communication.

This case is an exception, not the norm. I think most users will have already seen a huge improvement compared to last year - which is where you will hear most of the complaints from. And we continue to try and do better.

@SirFoxy said:

No, I honestly think you are just a troll with too much time.

There’s definitely issues that we should be looking at, but I don’t think that has anything to do with your trolling. Most of us are busy and have more useful things to do in our lives.

dude im literally a past customer and there's an entire thread here saying your support is shit so instead of doing the same shit you always do fix your support.

Thanked by 1stellar7
  • Standard HostHatch approach to a standard HostHatch problem. Also, the standard carve out also about promotion customers. Is there a reason to sell at discount and then unable to service the customer?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@redgreenblue said: Is there a reason to sell at discount and then unable to service the customer?

You're new here, yes?

Francisco

Thanked by 2MaxKVM brueggus
  • @Francisco It's bad business to acquire customers and not service them. Not a smart approach to business. Do you disagree?

• @redgreenblue said: @Francisco It's bad business to acquire customers and not service them. Not a smart approach to business. Do you disagree?

Didn't heard about summer host, eh?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@redgreenblue said:
    @Francisco It's bad business to acquire customers and not service them. Not a smart approach to business. Do you disagree?

I'm poking fun.

It's absolutely bad business but unfortunately this forum encourages driving pricing into the ground leaving little to get by on.

Anyway, my comment was to poke at the website, not anything for or against HH.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Boogeyman
  • I had a BF storage plan in Sweden a few years ago, that I kept for a few years. Performance was solid and only had to contact support once. Don't remember about what, but the reply and solution was fast back then even though I've heard some people saying otherwise. So I guess it depends on who is answering the tickets at that specific time.

Thanked by 1stellar7
  • I have two BF services. Service is stable, I get proactive maintenance notifications better than many other hosts, I got a report on unexpected downtime within a few days.

When I had to contact support (ISO issues) I was getting replies within approx 4 hours. Maybe took one extra iteration than necessary to get the problem solved, but overall I do not have any complaint about my support experience.

Thanked by 2skorous stellar7
  • @redgreenblue said:
    @Francisco It's bad business to acquire customers and not service them. Not a smart approach to business. Do you disagree?

Same with girlfriends.

• @redgreenblue said:

Human resources are very expensive in the western world. So when some providers here on LET offer a really dirt cheap product, you can't expect fast support, cause if they had a lot of people in the support to answer fast and decide all of your problems, their product would not be so cheap. I think that this company employs no more than 3-5 employees.

Thanked by 1stellar7
  • HostHatch is a top provider. I am here since @Abdullah wasn't even here on LET. No issues since many years. Support? Not needed, all the things work perfectly. Cheers!

Thanked by 2pbx stellar7