Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data! - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data!

Comments

• Unfortunately in my case I (was) running a business on it. So currently scrabbling to get set up elsewhere as quickly as possible - probably where I came from pre-Nexus since at least they were reliable if a bit more expensive. @brown71 sucks that you just paid for a year - I'd try and get a refund. While the folk I spoke to seemed nice enough I never trusted them enough to do that... I did have a Nexus server in nl as well - that seems to still be running though I cancelled it last month. I think if anyone has servers in other data centres I would be grabbing dumps RIGHT NOW - don't wait! If my ny one returns I will only need it for a couple of hours to get everything off it. But by the sound of the situation nothing is certain - and it's still down (for 2hr 30m so far). Unfortunately this time inaccessible from anywhere in the world my VPN can get me to.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@bb62 said:
    Unfortunately in my case I (was) running a business on it.

If you're looking for an alternative send me specs and an invoice and I will try to match it or better in any location.

Thanked by 1bb62
  • Thanks @MikeA but I've already got a server spun up elsewhere - at the moment it's just a case of how long do I wait before I decide my ny vps isn't coming back and use an old backup. I guess end of the day is probably long enough unless anyone here has any insights into this...

• @jaquer said: hoping someone can help us out in California.

Better start praying, not all companies are going to be as nice.

• @AlyssaD said:

Better start praying, not all companies are going to be as nice.

Indeed. Praying mode activated.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2023

• Does anybody know which data centers were used for CA and NY nodes? I know it's a long shot, but I'd like to try to reach out and ask them for help.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jaquer said:
    Does anybody know which data centers were used for CA and NY nodes? I know it's a long shot, but I'd like to try to reach out and ask them for help.

Radic has already said he can't/won't help.

Francisco

Thanked by 1jqr
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

If have services with NexusBytes and have paid for the year. What is the options for those clients?

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    If have services with NexusBytes and have paid for the year. What is the options for those clients?

They can submit a complaint with Paypal. From what I've read earlier, paypal was able to give a pro-rated refund.

@HalfEatenPie said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

They can submit a complaint with Paypal. From what I've read earlier, paypal was able to give a pro-rated refund.

I hate that idea as an option. But understandable if whomever has control over the $$$ is not responsive.

• Smallweb is gone now.

• ChalipaChalipa Member
    edited February 2023

@HalfEatenPie said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

Unfortunately they don't.

https://imgur.com/ywFaSPw

@Chalipa said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

If you re open the case it will go under actual review.
    That is an automatic general blanket response for the given length of time.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@DP said:

@malignify said:

@DP said: NL, Not Long.

But when? :) We need to know.

Soon™? :smiley:

But if I had to guess, with my LowEndDetective hat on, it could be some time next month.

Yep, there goes NL.

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@DP said:

@DP said:

@malignify said:

@DP said: NL, Not Long.

But when? :) We need to know.

Soon™? :smiley:

But if I had to guess, with my LowEndDetective hat on, it could be some time next month.

Yep, there goes NL.

NL gone now?

Hit me up if you need a refugee deal. Same location, same building, same network and nearly the same hardware.

Thanked by 2DP bdl
  • NL is down. Another location bites the dust.

52 days worth of service time is still remaining which have to be written off.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@LTniger said:
    As per protocol, please ban related user:

https://lowendtalk.com/profile/seriesn

Host Rep is already revoked.
    They haven't violated any rule for ordinary members, so they shouldn't be banned.

• @yoursunny said:

@LTniger said:

They haven't violated any rule for ordinary members, so they shouldn't be banned.

Wonder what rules @cociu violated as an ordinary member.

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2023

@yoursunny said:

@LTniger said:

Oh yeah? But when it was with other providers like HostSolutions we immediately banned the owner when customers complained and no response (or bad response) came from provider.

This time is different, right? We got mod fans now, right? And @seriesn paid the fees of LET, right?

Damn, I hate greed and racism!

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2023

@default said:

Racism? Yeah, Nahian ("Jay") is abusing his white brown privilege. /s

I think it's more because while this is all very shitty it seems more likely that in this case he is institutionalized, hospitalized, or dead. He got a good offer for his business not long ago and could have sold it for more than whatever a month or two of not paying his overhead costs would be in savings.

Would I do business with him again regardless? No. But the other guys were a scam from day 1 and pumped their sales before exiting.

• Sine NL is down, maybe @WorldStream / @Worldstream_Frank would be kind enough to start server for a few hours to finish taking backups from NB. I would really appreciate that.. I was downloading most of my important data but it suddenly disconnected from network :(

• @Chalipa said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

Yeah you should actually call them. It seems like you got hit with the automatic response.

• Confirmed that my NL server is also down. It joins the NY one. Looks like NexusBytes is a goner for good this time :disappointed:

• Mine is also down, NL.

• @MannDude said:

@default said:

Racism? Yeah, Nahian ("Jay") is abusing his white brown privilege. /s

Racism may not be related just the colour of skin. It may also be related to cultures or what people do.

[...] it seems more likely that in this case he is institutionalized,

This is just a supposition, not proven fact.

hospitalized,

Another supposition, not proven fact.

or dead.

Another supposition, not proven fact.

He got a good offer for his business not long ago and could have sold it

We do not know details about it, hence is another supposition as to why owner did not sell.

for more than whatever a month or two of not paying his overhead costs would be in savings.

Another supposition because we do not know the business underneath.

Would I do business with him again regardless? No. But the other guys were a scam from day 1 and pumped their sales before exiting.

This is a scam too. Prove me otherwise. The business has failed, so this is a deadpool until proven otherwise. Owner should be banned for his exit and his silence, just like previous owners who deadpooled were banned.

Thanked by 3Levi Void adly
  • Hi to all, today I realized my NL server is down.
    Then found this thread.

I renewed my server just a week ago, paid for another 6 months, but this not the biggest issue....

I would like to retrieve my data from the server.
    I need just an hour to make/retrieve a backup.......

I believe, there are more people with the same needs.

As far as I understand, servers physically is here:
    www.greenhousedatacenters.nl/en/contact

I sent an email to get any help in retrieving my data, the first their answer was:

We do not have your mail address registered with our company. Due to privacy regulations, we are unfortunately unable to help you at this time. If you would like access to your server or otherwise receive support, please contact your server administrator.

People who are in the same situation - let's contact him to ask any help to access our servers!

Or maybe you have any ideas how to resolve?
    Please share.

Thanks.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited February 2023

@zlatoslav said: People who are in the same situation - let's contact him to ask any help to access our servers!

Or maybe you have any ideas how to resolve?
    Please share.

Thanks.

There are really no way to resolve this unless the contract owner (aka the vendor you have an established relationship with and are doing business with) pay the upstream vendor.

• @HalfEatenPie said:

There are really no way to resolve this unless the contract owner (aka the vendor you have an established relationship with and are doing business with) pay the upstream vendor.

I saw in this thread:

the London peeps were able to get help from the DC directly, hoping someone can help us out in California.

So I had a hope maybe the Netherland DC could help...
    I just need the servers were powered on for a couple of hours....
    Is it a huge request?

A little bit empathy is needed....

People are not compassionate / pitiful nowadays...

Just turn on power for a few hours..... but their answer is: No.
    Very sad.

PS. the second their answer was:

We unfortunately are unable to ​offer you assistance in this case.

Sadness :(((((