Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data! - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data!

Comments

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Thanked by 1AuroraZero
  • air4xair4x Member
    edited February 2023

Just a heads up. While the main site at nexusbytes.com is down, the client area at https://my.nexusbytes.com/clientarea.php is still up. I was able to login and download invoices. Note that https://my.nexusbytes.com/, without the clientarea.php uri part, is inaccessible.

Thanked by 2msallak1 pepa65
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

For those concerned about their Netherlands location, we've got some promos going on right now that may be of use to you: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/184194/incognet-netherlands-let-exclusive-deals-win-a-free-kvm-vps-double-bw-starting-at-3-mo

This is in the same building and on the same network, with very similar hardware specs to what you may already have.

No shortage of providers in Netherlands or the general region, so you have a lot of options and most of you have probably moved on by now, but figured I'd toss some deals out there.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@default said:
    Is @Jord the only one left to handle tickets and refunds at Smallweb?

MS said:

@default said:
    Is @Jord the only one left to handle tickets and refunds at Smallweb?

Are SmallWeb customers being refunded, @Jord?

I don’t have access to PayPal, so I can’t refund any account credit for example, I’d recommend reaching out to PayPal if you can and see if they can help. I deleted the payment gateways from SmallWeb so no one could pay for anything.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@AuroraZero said:

@MikePT said:

@AuroraZero said:

@MikePT said:
    I've been following this thread and honestly, I too think something is wrong with Jay / Nahian. Trying my best to contact him, we were never close, but having suffered from mental issues myself, I'd like to help (if that's his case too).

Some of us have tried that route and he has not responded. I am sure there is more here then what we can see at this point.

He is either really I'll or he has had some kind of breakdown that requires hospitalization of some sort, but this is all speculation at this point.

Let's hope he's ok...

I am hoping he reaches out even if it is not here. I am hoping he is well or recovering. Nexus aside as I could give two rats as long as he is ok.

Indeed, life, existence, is far more important!

• FYI

Today I asked PayPal to refund me ~$35 (the last 1-month payment i did ~2023-01-12 for service starting from 2023-01-22) for non-provided service

Got the refund to my PayPal account instantly after filling their claim-form

• Does any know of his residence and asked the local police department for a welfare check on him?

If we are worrying that he has health issues, it seems like the right thing to do.

• @AlyssaD said:
    Does any know of his residence and asked the local police department for a welfare check on him?

If we are worrying that he has health issues, it seems like the right thing to do.

Been done with members here before and did not turn out well at all. The GVH drama here was rickdickulous.

• It was [G]reat [V]irtual [H]umor for most of the community.

• @AlyssaD said:
    It was [G]reat [V]irtual [H]umor for most of the community.

Got old fast for a lot of us. Should never have been allowed as far as it went. Ended just as stupidly as it started.

• @AuroraZero said:

@AlyssaD said:

Got old fast for a lot of us. Should never have been allowed as far as it went. Ended just as stupidly as it started.

Just another thing we can thank our overlord of LET for.

Thanked by 1AuroraZero
  • @AlyssaD said:

@AuroraZero said:

@AlyssaD said:

Just another thing we can thank our underwear Lord of LET for.

Fixed that for yas. :p

• @AuroraZero said:

@AlyssaD said:

@AuroraZero said:

@AlyssaD said:

Are we sure we want to compare underwear to something so awful and undesirable?

• @AlyssaD said:

@AuroraZero said:

@AlyssaD said:

@AuroraZero said:

@AlyssaD said:

Are we sure we want to compare underwear to something so awful and undesirable?

Depends on who the underwear belong to doesn't it?

• @dusst said:
    FYI

Today I asked PayPal to refund me ~$35 (the last 1-month payment i did ~2023-01-12 for service starting from 2023-01-22) for non-provided service

Got the refund to my PayPal account instantly after filling their claim-form

People can hate on PayPal all they want. As a consumer, it can really help you in a pinch and is much easier/comfortable than charging back via CC from my experience. Last time I wanted to charge back smth via Revolut CC I had to go back and forth with live chat and it took quite a while.

Thanked by 2dusst fart
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited February 2023

@AuroraZero said:
    ...Been done with members here before and did not turn out well at all. The GVH drama here was rickdickulous.

What does "GVH" stand for? :)

So how long did NB eventually last for? 4 yrs-ish?

• I came here because I noticed my site on their free hosting is down. Obviously it was nothing important, I just used it to fuck around with web design.

It's a shame. It was good for what it was.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited February 2023

@bdl said:

@AuroraZero said:
    ...Been done with members here before and did not turn out well at all. The GVH drama here was rickdickulous.

Ooo, you are missing so much by not knowing what is GVH. GVH -- GreenValueHost. This forum saves entire epic on this topic. Use search, grab a tea and enjoy.

Thanked by 2bdl shelfchair
  • @LTniger said:

@bdl said:

@AuroraZero said:

Ooo, you are missing so much by not knowing what is GVH. GVH -- GreenValueHost. This forum saves entire epic on this topic. Use search, grab a tea and enjoy.

I will do - thankyou @LTniger :)

• @LTniger said:

@bdl said:

@AuroraZero said:

Oh, the memories..

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@kainjinez said: I renewed 10 years of domain service but now somehow it shows up only 2024 not 2032-2033 :(

I know that this is too late to help you, but possibly it may help someone else ...

Smallweb uses Blesta for it's billing and domain registration. Blesta's NameSilo module can only process a 1 year renewal, so please do not attempt to try for more than one year at a time. And, it can only process renewals as long as there are funds on the NameSilo account ... so if you got 1 year, then there must still be funds. Do you still have account credit to use? If so, try again for a 1 year renewal, and see if it works.

On another note, the domain smallweb.net expires on Sunday, so everything will be down at that point.

Thanked by 1kainjinez
  • @alento said:
    On another note, the domain smallweb.net expires on Sunday, so everything will be down at that point.

@MichaelCee

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • ascicodeascicode Member
    edited February 2023

@Ympker said:

@alento said:

@MichaelCee

Its written on OGF.

• bdlbdl Member
    edited February 2023

@alento said:

@kainjinez said: I renewed 10 years of domain service but now somehow it shows up only 2024 not 2032-2033 :(

I know that this is too late to help you, but possibly it may help someone else ...

Smallweb uses Blesta for it's billing and domain registration. Blesta's NameSilo module can only process a 1 year renewal, so please do not attempt to try for more than one year at a time. And, it can only process renewals as long as there are funds on the NameSilo account ... so if you got 1 year, then there must still be funds. Do you still have account credit to use? If so, try again for a 1 year renewal, and see if it works.

It doesn't, I tried a few weeks ago when Blesta was up.

• @alento said:

Thanks for clarifying. I did not realize it till the time posted. Just believe in Blesta but wow.
    I only pay for invoices, not any in-house credits so my balance is zero.
    I tried to ask Paypal for a refund but I need to wait for some days. Hope I can get it back.

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • california vps is now down

• My ny vps down for over an hour now. I probably have a typical story - I experienced several hours of downtime in January... A support ticket was ignored. I should have treated this as a warning but since I've mostly been trouble free before then I assumed it was just dodgy network issues (as my server was weirdly accessible from Australia but nowhere else... ???). Anyway, it's gone down again and so I started looking around for information and found this site. If it ever returns I'll take a dump of the server and my data. I hope it does as a up to date mirror image would be very handy - whereas all I have is from a month or two ago. Disappointed that the company seems to have been abandoned and left me in this position without any official warnings - but maybe a lesson to be learned.

If there is anyone connected to the company reading this who can help - please assist if possible. I notice the main NexusBytes site is down so support tickets cannot be left and even if I did leave one I guess it would be ignored like my last so just leaving this here on the off chance and also as info for any others experiencing similar problems.

• Ah, son of a bitch. I'm in the exact same boat. My backup's not that recent, and while I wouldn't be losing anything super important, it still stings.

Reading the thread, it looks like the London peeps were able to get help from the DC directly, hoping someone can help us out in California.

• Arg. Looks like I'm not alone. VPS is down, no way to contact anyone. Is this company just dead? Am I screwed? Is there any way to get support?

This is very inconvenient, I just paid in advance for a whole year a few weeks ago.

• @brown71 said:
    Arg. Looks like I'm not alone. VPS is down, no way to contact anyone. Is this company just dead? Am I screwed? Is there any way to get support?

This is very inconvenient, I just paid in advance for a whole year a few weeks ago.

Ask PayPal/CC for a refund.

Thanked by 1jqr