Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data! - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data!

Comments

• @DP said: NL, Not Long.

But when? :) We need to know.

• @jahrinc said:

@dT_Tb said: Might file a case on it directly through PayPal for a prorated refund.

Do it now, don't wait. The longer u wait the worse it is.

Already did. Surprised that PayPal almost instantly sided with me and closed the case. I just provided the timeline and screenshot to the tickets I filed on NB support.

Amount now reflected on my PayPal fund (prorated).

Thanked by 2msallak1 Ympker
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@malignify said:

@DP said: NL, Not Long.

But when? :) We need to know.

Soon™? :smiley:

But if I had to guess, with my LowEndDetective hat on, it could be some time next month.

Thanked by 1malignify
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

DE = Definitely Eliminated
    GER = General Eradicate Routine

https://treefiddy.yoursunny.dev is proudly hosted by NexusBytes free hosting ger1 node but it's going away at any moment.

Yes, Due Eventually.

I say it could be next month as well.

• A useful question. The time before Nexus Bytes, as Ninja Hawk existed, did they disappear aswell, or did they renamed the company, anyone knows that?

@ascicode said:
    A useful question. The time before Nexus Bytes, as Ninja Hawk existed, did they disappear aswell, or did they renamed the company, anyone knows that?

HinjaNawk was sold.

• My reseller has been offline since the last 21st, I opened a ticket on the 22nd and until today they haven't even responded. Continue as open.

Luckily, I don't trust any reseller service, and I do weekly cloud backups, so I've already restored on another server, without major damage, but there's no justification for that.

• @DP said:

@ascicode said:
    A useful question. The time before Nexus Bytes, as Ninja Hawk existed, did they disappear aswell, or did they renamed the company, anyone knows that?

HinjaNawk was sold.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3065330/#Comment_3065330
    Why there was always an issue due its end?

@ascicode said:

@DP said:

@ascicode said:

HinjaNawk was sold.

Thanked by 3mustafamw3 miu ehab
  • Just a reminder that this could happen with any provider that is not a business running with more than one owner/partners. Even if it's an LLC, if it belongs to a sole owner and there are not other parties involved, it can end in a similar way.

In this case (sadly) it seems the company had multiple employees but only one person had control of billing (the owner).

Another reason to have daily backups offsite.

• Has anyone uses SmallWeb? is your directAdmin panel down guys?

• @DP said:

@ascicode said:

@DP said:

@ascicode said:

HinjaNawk was sold.

They could come back with different name, but who knows.

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • Well, my Los Angeles (ReliableSite) VPS is still up

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • @DP said:

Yes, Due Eventually.

I say it could be next month as well.

Netherlands was launched in February 2021, so seems logical.

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • bdlbdl Member

@suyadi92 said:
    Has anyone uses SmallWeb? is your directAdmin panel down guys?

Yes, Yes - DA licensing error.

"License check failure See the Debug Guide
    Reason: transient license check failure: license is expired"

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • I cancelled my reseller hosting last March. I had a ticket that was never answered. It kept being closed automatically despite being unanswered. I had a $5 credit which it became clear wasn't going to be refunded. So I let it be used for the premium email subscription which I would have cancelled earlier otherwise. Then I cancelled that too.

I've had hosting since 1997 and have been through a few things. If you're running websites on hosting and they're of any importance, then things like unanswered tickets are a sign to get away immediately.

Also i wasn't convinced by the long rambling post full of excuses. It reminded me of that episode of Fawlty Towers where the chef has gone home and Basil has to make a Waldorf Salad.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

You'd be surprised how many providers including large ones have fake status pages.

• @bdl said:

@equalz said:

@angstrom said:
    "We recommend to activate your Disaster Recovery Plan."

I can't find the activate disaster recovery plan button :'(

It's right there next to the "Migrate to Ryzen" button

Both the buttons are merged and wait time has been increased to sixtynine months

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • bdlbdl Member

@jmaxwell said:

@bdl said:

@equalz said:

@angstrom said:
    "We recommend to activate your Disaster Recovery Plan."

I can't find the activate disaster recovery plan button :'(

It's right there next to the "Migrate to Ryzen" button

Both the buttons are merged and wait time has been increased to sixtynine months

Thankyou for your comment. Your bandwidth has been doubled. 👊

• @MikeA said:

You'd be surprised how many providers including large ones have fake status pages.

The large ones make sense, since officially listing as "down" means you now have breached contract and need to pay damages. They require signoff from management before being updated. NB makes no sense since they use third party monitoring, so no clue what's going on there.

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited January 2023

i put someone onto smallweb a few years ago... ive been out of the loop, but it seems they are now owned by nexusbytes? and so they've been offline also. great!

Is there any avenue to get a backup?

smallweb SG server

• @Adam1 said:
    smallweb SG server

I'm on SG server too, unfortunately..

• Backup yo files, backup yo databases and backup yo backups too cos they deleting everything out here.

• TrKTrK Member

Lesson: Always have a backup available if not two. I am thinking of getting an used mini PC with SSD and have it serve as a local backup solution just in case if the backup server dies i would still have a local backup copy available to deploy somewhere else.

• @TrK said:
    Lesson: Always have a backup available if not two. I am thinking of getting an used mini PC with SSD and have it serve as a local backup solution just in case if the backup server dies i would still have a local backup copy available to deploy somewhere else.

Now you are learning something

• TrKTrK Member

@AuroraZero said:

@TrK said:

Now you are learning something

Lucky me i had the daily backups when Bob kept dying again and again. Now just need to have local backups available as well incase servarica dies too.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

What a bad joke! (from them, not from you)