Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data! - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data!

Comments

• @TrK said:

@AuroraZero said:

@TrK said:
    Lesson: Always have a backup available if not two. I am thinking of getting an used mini PC with SSD and have it serve as a local backup solution just in case if the backup server dies i would still have a local backup copy available to deploy somewhere else.

Now you are learning something

Lucky me i had the daily backups when Bob kept dying again and again. Now just need to have local backups available as well incase servarica dies too.

I backup to my servarica storage vps and back them up to borgbase .... using borg backup and ive even recovered hundreds and hundreds of gb's of data

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • Just had an email from PayPal informing me a full refund is on the way from Nexus Bytes LLC?

I didn't even request or start a refund or anything(?) as my invoice for 02/02/2023 - 03/01/2023 is "Unpaid" still.

• So my friend of the SG server, is a bit clueless and doesn't seem to have made any backup... Anyone she can contact?

• @Copper said:
    Just had an email from PayPal informing me a full refund is on the way from Nexus Bytes LLC?

I didn't even request or start a refund or anything(?) as my invoice for 02/02/2023 - 03/01/2023 is "Unpaid" still.

did Jay finally wake up from his slumber?

• bdlbdl Member
    edited January 2023

@Adam1 said:
    So my friend of the SG server, is a bit clueless and doesn't seem to have made any backup... Anyone she can contact?

:lol:

[email protected]

• @Copper said:
    Just had an email from PayPal informing me a full refund is on the way from Nexus Bytes LLC?

Make sure to cancel any PayPal subscription with NB!

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@cybertech said:

@Copper said:

Interesting.

@Copper when did you last pay them?

• @cybertech said: did Jay finally wake up from his slumber?

Still defending and using words such as "blunder", "oopsie", "slumber", "issues"... Fully blown Hostsolutions going on and still defending.

If person in blame is your good friend, contact personally, inform about outrage going publicly, get some real feedback from him.

At current moment there is no going back or rewind. It is done.

Thanked by 4default Void jar RFord
  • @LTniger said:

@cybertech said: did Jay finally wake up from his slumber?

Still defending and using words such as "blunder", "oopsie", "slumber", "issues"... Fully blown Hostsolutions going on and still defending.

If person in blame is your good friend, contact personally, inform about outrage going publicly, get some real feedback from him.

you must have reading difficulties.

• @LTniger said:

Still defending and using words such as "blunder", "oopsie", "slumber", "issues"...

“off the radar”

Thanked by 1Levi
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited January 2023

@jmaxwell said:

@LTniger said:

Still defending and using words such as "blunder", "oopsie", "slumber", "issues"...

“off the radar”

Let's forget all the nice wrapper and see the actual content underneath. We may dress the dead corpse in fine clothing all we want, but underneath it still remains a dead corpse which will start to rot. Sure we may have nice memories of this corpse when it was alive, but right now it's still a dead corpse. Let's accept the facts at hand, let's make backups, and move on from this ugly memory of a deadpool like many other deadpools before it.

The show must go on, as Queen sang a long time ago. Unfortunately this show will have to continue with some other provider, hoping they will not deadpool pathetically like this.

Thanked by 2Xor pepa65
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@TrK said: I am thinking of getting an used mini PC with SSD and have it serve as a local backup solution just in case if the backup server dies i would still have a local backup copy available to deploy somewhere else.

I have said it many times in various posts. No matter how many back ups you have online, always have a backup locally! I have a laptop in my network for that purpose. I try to automate it, but many times I just due it manually and back up to my local SSD on the laptop.

Thanked by 3jsg RFord pepa65
  • TrKTrK Member

@Arkas said:

@TrK said: I am thinking of getting an used mini PC with SSD and have it serve as a local backup solution just in case if the backup server dies i would still have a local backup copy available to deploy somewhere else.

I have said it many times in various posts. No matter how many back ups you have online, always have a backup locally! I have a laptop in my network for that purpose. I try to automate it, but many times I just due it manually and back up to my local SSD on the laptop.

Doing it manually as of now too, but thinking of automation with a dedicated backup box.

• @cybertech said:

@Copper said:

I've no idea honestly, not got any emails or anything from NB. Just PayPal email informing me a full refund is on the way (?) haven't asked for a refund.

I do have a ticket open (asking if the service was down - before I discovered this thread) but keeps closing due to "resolved" for no reply in the set hours. I bump the ticket but that's about it.

@MannDude said:

@cybertech said:

@Copper said:

Interesting.

@Copper when did you last pay them?

"26 Dec COMPLETED - Automatic payment."

@angstrom said:

@Copper said:

Make sure to cancel any PayPal subscription with NB!

That's for the heads up! Already cancelled that though so it's all good. Appreciate it!

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3608281/#Comment_3608281

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@LTniger said:

Indeed and done: https://www.dropbox.com/s/85cpfzihskso3qk/Photo Jan 30 2023, 11 22 44 AM.jpg?dl=0

• TrKTrK Member

@jar said:

@LTniger said:

Indeed and done: https://www.dropbox.com/s/85cpfzihskso3qk/Photo Jan 30 2023, 11 22 44 AM.jpg?dl=0

Man, you have my respect although i don't use your services, still you have my respect. 👏🏻

Thanked by 1jar
  • ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

Their status page will be the last to drop, there’s still some heartbeat.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Arkas said:

Uhm, 'SSDs', plural, and mirrored, please.

Thanked by 2Arkas bdl
  • @yoursunny said:

@angstrom said:
    I'm not sure whether anyone has already said it in this thread, but now it seems opportune to say:

The end is (very) nigh

Treefiddy is proudly hosted by NexusBytes free hosting and it is still left standing!
    https://treefiddy.yoursunny.dev/

Quick, everyone migrate to NexusBytes free hosting!

• JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited January 2023

@yoursunny said:
    https://treefiddy.yoursunny.dev is proudly hosted by NexusBytes free hosting ger1 node but it's going away at any moment.

Looks like that moment happened now, alongside their website and client area.

Hetzner's bills aren't being paid for, either, and they've blocked them now. RIP.

Thanked by 2yoursunny pepa65
    edited January 2023

Looks like their main site is down as well, just whatever is cached by Cloudflare is getting served.

Weird that one random guy in the thread got an unexpected refund, but no one else.

I was told that when I was PMing him on FB that he briefly came online by a 3rd party, but he hasn't responded to my phone calls, texts, or FB messages (or anyone elses by the sounds of it). Still don't know if he's in control of his devices, or if he's just ignoring everyone.

The only reason why I don't think this is a real full on 'exit scam' is because I know he was offered a buy out. I know that buy out would have been worth more than some renewals and unused account credit. No reason to end things like this when a more noble way was offered, which have earned him more without ruining his brand's name, his name, and his trust. This is the only reason why I feel like this could be a health (mental or physical), or a legal thing (though I could find no record of him in NY State's legal system). But who knows?

None of this really makes sense. At the end of the day, though, all that really matters is the customers and they're all getting fucked over. Shitty situation all around.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • eddedd Member

@MannDude said:

Weird that one random guy in the thread got an unexpected refund, but no one else.

@Jord is being amazing and was sorting refunds for any new orders that came in. I don't know if they still have access with stuff being offline now but if anyone has ordered or renewed recently they might still be able to refund it.

Super sad situation, everyone make sure you've got business continuity if you were to suddenly dissapear...

@edd said:

@MannDude said:

@Jord is being amazing and was sorting refunds for any new orders that came in. I don't know if they still have access with stuff being offline now but if anyone has ordered or renewed recently they might still be able to refund it.

Super sad situation, everyone make sure you've got business continuity if you were to suddenly dissapear...

Ah. He may have been able to process them through WHMCS' PayPal integration.

Either way, the PayPal account owner (Jay/Nahian) would be able to see refunded transactions. I still stand by that if he was purposely trying to exit-scam, he'd have kicked Jord's access. If not at first, as soon as he saw any reversed PayPal transactions that he didn't initiate himself.

There is a lot that doesn't add up to me over all of this. In any event, hopefully the impact of whatever all this turns out to be is minimal for the customers that remain.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@MannDude said:

@edd said:

@MannDude said:

Ah. He may have been able to process them through WHMCS' PayPal integration.

Either way, the PayPal account owner (Jay/Nahian) would be able to see refunded transactions. I still stand by that if he was purposely trying to exit-scam, he'd have kicked Jord's access. If not at first, as soon as he saw any reversed PayPal transactions that he didn't initiate himself.

There is a lot that doesn't add up to me over all of this. In any event, hopefully the impact of whatever all this turns out to be is minimal for the customers that remain.

I've been refunding everyone who's been signing up, I didn't refund the payment that the user didn't ask for here, which I find odd. Not sure how that one happened.

Unfortunately, I can't login anymore, my access to refunds was never removed.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @MannDude said: if he was purposely trying to exit-scam

Ignorance is one of the exit scam strategy. You just ignore everything related to a business - let it roll down the hill. Maybe few years pass and new one will emerge. This forum has seen things beyond ridiculousness. Let's be patient.

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • Must be hard for him to read the reviews.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/nexusbytes.com

@LTniger said:

@MannDude said: if he was purposely trying to exit-scam

Ignorance is one of the exit scam strategy. You just ignore everything related to a business - let it roll down the hill. Maybe few years pass and new one will emerge. This forum has seen things beyond ridiculousness. Let's be patient.

But why do that when you can make more in a proper sale? Why exit scam for a slice of pizza when you can sell it all for the whole pie?

• @MannDude said: But why do that when you can make more in a proper sale? Why exit scam for a slice of pizza when you can sell it all for the whole pie?

Probably worth F all. NO assets, Leasing Servers, slim margins, barely profitable.

That is most likely the reason.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@noobjockeys said: Probably worth F all. NO assets, Leasing Servers, slim margins, barely profitable.

That is most likely the reason.

If that's the case then he should've taken the offers he was given in a heartbeat.

We gave a very favorable offer, and he respectfully declined. I won't go into details, Jay can do that if he wants. With what IP's he does have he'll likely be pressed to pull as much as I offered.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: With what IP's he does have he'll likely be pressed to pull as much as I offered.

That's what I mean, I assume he proved ownership of the subnets, they didn't have a loan attached to the initial purchase etc?

The only way he would go Deadpool rather than sell is either, the business was not profitable or he was unable to actually sell anything because nothing was owned.