Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Run away from IP Systems Limited! ipsystemsltd.com - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Run away from IP Systems Limited! ipsystemsltd.com

Comments

• @comXyz said:
    It's unprofessional anyway if the providers close tickets without any answers after customers already replied to the tickets asking for more information.

I agree with Falzo, you lose much more than 2 minutes and 1 customer.

There's some wisdom in that. My point would be that it takes two to tango.

One has also to be a good customer. In any case, we don't really know if there is something else to this. But as it stands, IP Systems LTD may not have done themselves a favour in this case.

• @comXyz said:
    It's unprofessional anyway if the providers close tickets without any answers after customers already replied to the tickets asking for more information.

I agree with Falzo, you lose much more than 2 minutes and 1 customer.

While I agree with that , majority of the people that go with us don't care about anything other than the price. We aren't ramnode, we aren't (insert high end provider here) , we are an extremely budget host.

• @johnkoozle said:
    majority of the people that go with us don't care about anything other than the price.

I also agree with you, that's why GVH still gets customers.

• Funny, check OP's other post:

I bought plan 3 yesterday, I paid but I'm still without my VPS. Let me know if I lose my money at least.
    in NATVPS.uk experience/review? Comment by MarcusVinicius April 19

Guess they scammed him too.

• johnkoozlejohnkoozle Member
    edited April 2015

@comXyz said:

That's right, we are a good host for somebody who knows what they are doing NOT somebody who is new to linux think low end spirit.

• NomadNomad Member

So... 95% of your clients either pay lots of bucks or they're simply the type that say "Well, what do I expect, it's just 5 bucks afterall..."

Not cool.
    As @Falco said, this brings more trouble and consumer more time in the end. He wasn't asking you for a favor to install something on his VPS or how to run a piece of software on it. With 1 or 2 sentences you could've avoided this and keep a customer. Who knows, they might bring more money later.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know unmanaged doesn't mean "You don't get to ask anything"

• @Nomad said:
    So... 95% of your clients either pay lots of bucks or they're simply the type that say "Well, what do I expect, it's just 5 bucks afterall..."

Not cool.
    As Falco said, this brings more trouble and consumer more time in the end. He wasn't asking you for a favor to install something on his VPS or how to run a piece of software on it. With 1 or 2 sentences you could've avoided this and keep a customer. Who knows, they might bring more money later.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know unmanaged doesn't mean "You don't get to ask anything"

Well more often than not customers have several vms, I made the decision to refund him so as you can see I'm not bothered by one vm gone. (since this thread has gone up we've probably sold 10 more?, and no tickets either)

• Obviously @johnkoozle doesn't have to offer any support more than is included with the product (disclosure: I got one of those too, no problem for my use case).

That said, it takes 1 second to close a ticket and 5 seconds to copy/paste a canned response and close it so that the user doesn't feel ignored. Those extra 4 seconds would have saved you X minutes of your time on this thread. In that sense, I think that spending the extra 4 seconds is a wiser decision than not.

• @deadbeef said:
    Obviously johnkoozle doesn't have to offer any support more than is included with the product (disclosure: I got one of those too, no problem for my use case).

That said, it takes 1 second to close a ticket and 5 seconds to copy/paste a canned response and close it so that the user doesn't feel ignored. Those extra 4 seconds would have saved you X minutes of your time on this thread. In that sense, I think that spending the extra 4 seconds is a wiser decision than not.

I don't believe in canned replies but I understand what you're saying.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @johnkoozle said:
    Funny, check OP's other post:

I bought plan 3 yesterday, I paid but I'm still without my VPS. Let me know if I lose my money at least.
    in NATVPS.uk experience/review? Comment by MarcusVinicius April 19

Guess they scammed him too.

I was testing NATVPS. Is that a problem? Now My Server Planet took NATVPS and Nick was always helpful with all issues. I'm sorry, but even their company that is undergoing change was more stable than IP Systems Limited. There I can keep a simple SSH session or complete a download.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2015

@johnkoozle said:
    That's right, we are a good host for somebody who knows what they are doing NOT somebody who is new to linux think low end spirit.

Do you advertise your yearly services like LES in that it's clear there's no support and it's there's a difference in service levels?

Edit: just checked your last ad. You didn't.

Thanked by 2geekalot Pwner
  • johnkoozlejohnkoozle Member
    edited April 2015

@Nekki said:
    Do you advertise your yearly services like LES in that it's clear there's no support and it's there's a difference in service levels?

I'm investigating that now and looking for the best way to implement that. We do say in the TOS there is no guarantees on support which means you may not get a reply in X time or potentially not at all.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

The situation could have been avoidable, but it could have been worse.

At least they refunded the client.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MarcusVinicius said:
    I was testing NATVPS. Is that a problem? Now My Server Planet took NATVPS and Nick was always helpful with all issues. I'm sorry, but even their company that is undergoing change was more stable than IP Systems Limited. There I can keep a simple SSH session or complete a download.

there could have been 1000 possible problems, When I was terminating your VM I noticed 100% memory usage regardless it wont be an issue for you anymore.

• sepeisepei Member

Complaining on a 5 dollar vps lol...

Thanked by 1johnkoozle
  • @SSDBlaze said:
    The situation could have been avoidable, but it could have been worse.

At least they refunded the client.

Yes, without warning and without giving me chances to save my files. LOL
    After all, I wanted to solve the problem and continue with the hosting.

• @sepei said:

I'm sure if it was 5 cents the outcome would be the same.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

@MarcusVinicius said:

True. He should've given you a notice.

• @MarcusVinicius said:

I was not prepared to spend lots of time troubleshooting a most likely false network issue.

• MarcusVinicius said: Yes, without warning and without giving me chances to save my files. LOL After all, I wanted to solve the problem and continue with the hosting.

What files? It was a brand new VPS you couldn't even login into?

• @johnkoozle said:
    there could have been 1000 possible problems, When I was terminating your VM I noticed 100% memory usage regardless it wont be an issue for you anymore.

100%? LOL.. You can say what you want now, John. As I said: good luck! ;)

• I'm not about to play judge here, but like I said: it takes two to tango. In this case it looks like we have one doing a waltz and another doing a fox trot. :)

• @rds100 said: What files? It was a brand new VPS you couldn't even login into?

HAHA You are the best, dude! I never said I never logged. I said I was never logged in for a long time.

• @sepei said:

What's funny here?

• sepeisepei Member

@comXyz said:
    What's funny here?

Everything.

• comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited April 2015

@sepei said:

You're the only one thing I found funny here. Take your time to reply your post last year, it maybe more helpful then

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/32425/123system-chicagovps-scam

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

to be fair I would just close a lowendspirit ticket if someone just said there is a network problem and provided no further information.

close the account though? bit over the top, unless they decided to make a public spectacle of it.....

• @AnthonySmith said:
    to be fair I would just close a lowendspirit ticket if someone just said there is a network problem and provided no further information.

"Hey I can't connect to a LES box, while my other 2 boxes working well"

Will you close it?

• These kinds of posts should be a reality check for those wishing to dabble in the low end industry. I've worked support for low end providers and more higher end, I don't miss the low end issues of "you make it work or I chargeback!"

• creepcreep Member

you got refunded and please move on. this is not worth even a second to debate.

Thanked by 2doughmanes MikePT
This discussion has been closed.