Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Run away from IP Systems Limited! ipsystemsltd.com - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Run away from IP Systems Limited! ipsystemsltd.com

Comments

• comXyz said: "Hey I can't connect to a LES box, while my other 2 boxes working well"

Will you close it?

Saying you agree to the following when you sign up for LES, then yes:

1. I have read enough information on lowendspirit.com to know what I am buying

2. I understand that this server comes with no support at all except the community support offered at http://forum.lowendspirit.com

3. I understand that if I raise a direct support request for anything and I am not registered on the forum (http://forum.lowendspirit.com) first the request may be closed without reply

If the user provides no traceroute or MTR there's not a lot the host can do except test whether the container is online (or pingable) via their location.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @telephone It's ok since you have it clearly in ToS

The situation in this thread has nothing related to LES

• The LES ToS is very clear because they've been working on it. The company in this thread also has a ToS, and although it is not as well honed, it's not hard to figure out that they're not offering any support.

• @Ole_Juul said:
    The LES ToS is very clear because they've been working on it. The company in this thread also has a ToS, and although it is not as well honed, it's not hard to figure out that they're not offering any support.

How can I know? "Hey because it's cheap so you should understand we don't provide any support"

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@johnkoozle said:
    I'm investigating that now and looking for the best way to implement that. We do say in the TOS there is no guarantees on support which means you may not get a reply in X time or potentially not at all.

'No guarantees' is not the same as 'if you ask something we feel is stupid, we'll cancel your account'.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

comXyz said: "Hey I can't connect to a LES box, while my other 2 boxes working well"

Will you close it?

yep.

Edit, every LES ticket gets an auto reply with helpful information and links and a request to use the support forum first along with a validation box that your are already registered on the forum.

The auto reply also warns of circumstances which the ticket will be closed without response under, so maybe that is not as bad I suppose.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • PremiumNPremiumN Member
    edited April 2015

@Ole_Juul said:
    Please read our Terms of Service DISCLAIMER: THERE IS NO GUARANTEES ON SUPPORT >By signing up for our service, you agree to these terms and conditions.

It seems they added this in very recently.

9 Days ago: http://i.imgur.com/wnop2BD.png

Now: http://i.imgur.com/Z7saWYo.png

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited April 2015

@comXyz said:
    telephone It's ok since you have it clearly in ToS

The situation in this thread has nothing related to LES

You asked @AnthonySmith what he would do for LES, NOT what he would personally do if he owned the company in question.

Edit: I just answered in his stead (from my own opinion/perspective). ( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

• @telephone said:
    You asked AnthonySmith what he would do for LES, NOT what he would personally do if he owned the company in question.

You know I asked him right? I received answer from him, thanks.

• comXyz said: You know I asked him right?

That's LET for you. You ask one person, and you get bombarded with everyone else's opinion instead :D.

• @comXyz said:
    How can I know? "Hey because it's cheap so you should understand we don't provide any support"

I Googled it and read the TOS. As I said earlier, the lack of support is written at the top of the relevant company page in very large letters.

However, @PremiumN (above) pointed out that this looks like it's added recently. That's not good news in this case. Anyway, the OP figured that he would get more for 1.4 cents a day, but I do agree that to close a ticket without a remark is wrong, if not outright rude.

• TheLonelyTheLonely Member
    edited April 2015

I feel ashamed of raising a ticket on such a cheap service. I think I brought up 2-3 tickets in the last 5-6 months and I got an answer within max 2-4 hours and min 1-30min (Yes a minute!)

• @TheLonely said:
    I feel ashamed of raising a ticket on such a cheap service. I think I brought up 2-3 tickets in the last 5-6 months and I got an answer within max 2-4 hours and min 1-30min (Yes a minute!)

If you couldn't connect to your VPS, you would open a ticket or would be without your service? Just because is a cheap service? Does not make sense.

• If you are offering an unmanaged vps, you still have a responsibility to respond to node issues which clients ticket in for. If their weren't any, just state:
    "There are no node issues at present. This is an unmanaged VPS and I apologize but we cannot be of more assistance."

On your website you use the term: "Professional Virtual Servers". If you are going to use terminology like that, clients are going to expect something more than a closed ticket. I would make it clear that you provide absolutely no support (mention that you monitor for node issues and they will be resolved) OR perhaps charge per ticket submitted or something.

Thanked by 3MikePT comXyz BensDaMan
  • Might be how you really do business but i find it disgusting. Clients pay you their money big or small, atleast be respectful enough to take some time to reply and explain, one sentence would not hurt you.

We encounter some clients who dont know much about vps and wanted us to setup a lamp server for them, we do it for them i dont see any problem with that because this is how we appreciate their business. And this is regardless of them paying us only $6-10/yr over at berry.

• lazytlazyt Member

I really think you guys are trying to destroy the low end market with some of the replies I see.

Silly question here OP, you stated you had a WordPress blog on it. When you were having the SSH problems were you able to access the site?

• edited April 2015

You who are destroying it when they say that no one can be supported by the price you are paying. If I have a problem with access to my service, I must appeal to my service provider and not turn her hostage. Or, I should wait until you have some money to hire a plan of some professional business? Because companies low end will begin to deny any support for people like me who are starting with the low end services and simply want to report simple problems with the network. This is too much to ask? Because if it is, I'd rather give preference to a godaddy to have to read this kind of cometary. Then yes this way we end up with the low end service.

Sorry for the english, again.

• @MarcusVincius You English is fine. :) I get what you're saying. The thing is that some of these offers are not made available in order to make money. Where does one draw the line between a business and something that is just for fun, experimental, or a hobby?

• Some offers are made to hoard IP address, and they must not be confused to provide any real support for them.. >> 6 IPv4 at $9.8/yr

• TheLonelyTheLonely Member
    edited April 2015

@MarcusVinicius said:
    If you couldn't connect to your VPS, you would open a ticket or would be without your service? Just because is a cheap service? Does not make sense.

I would check SolusVM for the status of the server (online/offline) and if offline then boot it up and if doesn't come online after an hour then raise a ticket?
    If you can't connect through your home network then use another VPS you got to test (if it boots up through SolusVM)?

• Full disclaimer: I recently purchased an IP systems VPS and it's working great. Solid uptime and the whole whole nine.

That said, if I raised a support ticket with any provider and it was closed without answer, regardless of price, I would be off put, so I can see where the OP comes from. I personally don't require support, but if the VPS in question is suddenly lagging or not connectable, I'd open a ticket, regardless if it was an LEB or LES box. I don't need support, I need to know why the box isn't working. That should be something covered under the purchase, regardless of the price I paid.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited April 2015

No matter how cheap it is, a service availability is provider's responsibility. That is including hardware, network, power, and setups on the node level. Opening ticket for these issues should be fine, but I don't see enough details in OP ticket to indicate that there might be a problem on the provider's side. If network issue is suspected, provide MTR or traceroute report. If the problem is with one specific VPS, try to login and/or reboot from SolusVM. If there's nothing else to try/resort to from client's side, open a ticket.

I once opened a ticket for my NexHost's Egg TX which is only $2.37/year and was responded in timely manner that it was a RAID failure issue.

Thanked by 1joepie91
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the business model here, but I thought the point of these low margin/break-even plans was to encourage customers to try your service with the aim of converting them to a higher priced plan.

Behaving like this towards customers isn't going to achieve that.

Thanked by 2MikePT upfreak
  • @Nekki said:
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding the business model here, but I thought the point of these low margin/break-even plans was to encourage customers to try your service with the aim of converting them to a higher priced plan.

Behaving like this towards customers isn't going to achieve that.

Although I was arguing earlier for the experimental or hobbyist model, I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of them are working on the loss leader model, as you suggest. In which case good service would definitely be required.

A year or so ago I signed up with a phone company that was offering a free number. When I had an amateurish problem I opened a ticked, and despite me never having given them a penny, they adjusted my configuration and served me exactly the same as their paying customers. It turns out that's their policy. Guess what - I'm a paying customer today and I'm not likely to move any time soon. The best advertising is good service.

• @Ole_Juul said:
    MarcusVincius You English is fine. :) I get what you're saying. The thing is that some of these offers are not made available in order to make money. Where does one draw the line between a business and something that is just for fun, experimental, or a hobby?

When money is being charged. It doesn't matter if there is $0.01 a year being charged or $100 a month. You've technically agreed to provide this service for this price and if the server had an issue on a network, even if it was nothing and was an issue on customers side. If you don't investigate it and inform him that then you aren't doing your duty as a provider. If it comes back that you did have a network fault and it wasn't the customers problem then you have failed to provide that service.

The line for me is drawn like that. Regardless of price, you have an obligation to investigate issues on your network.

In this case all he would do is talk to whomever he colocates with or has servers with which would be a simple ticket of "Hi this customer is experiencing a lack of connectivity, His location is London, United Kingdom, could you please investigate if there are any issues in connectivity to London. Thanks". If you aren't being charged for it then you have nothing to complain about, if you are however you are paying for a service that does not work as described.

I'm pretty sure many people would agree with me on these circumstances to be honest.

Thanked by 34n0nx Nomad comXyz
  • Just a friendly advice to @johnkoozle , no matter how big or small a client is , they still have a mouth and last i checked ..a single review can make or break a brand ...

For recent example , see what happened to utorrent's reputation ..

• @johnkoozle Honestly you are really reminding me of GVH with your attitude to this and how this got handled. I would not be surprised if "FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE" was posted next.

Regardless if what someone pays, an un-managed host is expected to provide network level support. Closing tickets and ignoring clients is a taking a card from GVH/nuggets card deck

If you expect no one to ever ask for help, state the conditions on support CLEARLY or raise the price to compensate the man hours.

You have spent more time on damage control here than just checking the issue.

The fact that I see GVH in you is also a reason I would not want to be your client.

I suggest you correct how you handle this in the future.

Thanks.

Thanked by 2namhuy giangmai001
  • NomadNomad Member

@pcfreak30 said:
    johnkoozle Honestly you are really reminding me of GVH with your attitude to this and how this got handled. I would not be surprised if "FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE" was posted next.

Regardless if what someone pays, an un-managed host is expected to provide network level support. Closing tickets and ignoring clients is a taking a card from GVH/nuggets card deck

If you expect no one to ever ask for help, state the conditions on support CLEARLY or raise the price to compensate the man hours.

You have spent more time on damage control here than just checking the issue.

The fact that I see GVH in you is also a reason I would not want to be your client.

I suggest you correct how you handle this in the future.

Thanks.

I didn't want to mention the you-know-who company but, it is like that.

I wonder what kind of profession he aims to host at his servers with this kind of attitude and level of support. Clearly the way that ticket and this post is handled is far from professionalism.

BTW; @PremiumN, curl reports Last-Modified date as: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 05:02:36 GMT.
    And according to web.archive.org , at 17 April there was no mention about support either.

• @Nomad said:
    And according to web.archive.org , at 17 April there was no mention about support either.

By that stretch I would say this host broke the contractual agreement. The host did not explicitly state support is not offered and nothing was mentioned to OP in regards to his package...

I have to agree with everyone, I would never use your services after hearing how OP was treated... just because we pay half the usual price doesn't mean we want just half the service... you should respect all customers, this could have been a positive review and made several people try you out. All it would of took would be 5 minutes of your time to of replied to the ticket instead of ignoring it.

• I don't really care about this. John has been pleasing to me.

It's a non-sla service, I contacted regarding enabling a few modules and all has been well.

This discussion has been closed.