Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Run away from IP Systems Limited! ipsystemsltd.com - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Run away from IP Systems Limited! ipsystemsltd.com

Comments

• I have a machine with them and i have no problems..

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding the business model here, but I thought the point of these low margin/break-even plans was to encourage customers to try your service with the aim of converting them to a higher priced plan.

Behaving like this towards customers isn't going to achieve that.

That's the way I see it too, Nekki.

• NomadNomad Member

@Catalin said:
    I have a machine with them and i have no problems..

That's the problem with many people here. People forget that in this world shit only happens once. And when it does all of them come back here writing reviews of the once perfect host having problems all of a sudden.

Don't forget that if/when you have a problem; a real one, you will not be treated better than the OP.

And @tinytunnel_tom, that's the least a host should do.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    I don't really care about this. John has been pleasing to me.

You should care, as based on the above you could lose you account in an instant if whoever sees your ticket believes you to be too technically inept to have a service with them.

It's ludicrious that anyone is defending this approach quite frankly. It's like saying $5 doesn't buy you basic human decency.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Nekki said:
    It's ludicrious that anyone is defending this approach quite frankly. It's like saying $5 doesn't buy you basic human decency.

I don't care and won't. What should you expect for $5/year vps. If you can't login oh well shoot a ticket explaining fully, try serial console, try IPv6, try everything.

Does anyone expect some cheap ass keyboard to last? 3 have in the past year.

• SadySady Member

Its pretty unfair, what price you are offering doesn't matter a lot, what it matters is just response time.
    If you haven't planned to give any support to ipsystems buyers then simply put something like XVMLabs (Expect downtime & no support) & no one wil complain.

Thanked by 1manlivo
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    I don't care and won't. What should you expect for $5/year vps. If you can't login oh well shoot a ticket explaining fully, try serial console, try IPv6, try everything.

You should be able to expect an explanation, even if that explanation is 'the network is fine, we can provide no more support'.

Also, your comparison makes no sense. You can't compare the failure of a physical item to a service level.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • TinyTunnel_Tom said: What should you expect for $5/year vps

Well I don't believe a provider says that. I have some "free lifetime VPSs", and when they have network problems, I open tickets, and get replies from support as for paid services.

And for the keyboard, my 3$ Mitusmi keyboard is working fine, and it's 4 years old. I also have 1$ 4 years old Mitsumi mouse working as well.

• @comXyz said:
    And for the keyboard, my 3$ Mitusmi keyboard is working fine, and it's 4 years old. I also have 1$ 4 years old Mitsumi mouse working as well.

f*cking hell. Might look at some Mitusmi gear. Currently got maplins crap

• @Nekki said:
    Also, your comparison makes no sense. You can't compare the failure of a physical item to a service level.

One thing I feel it can be compared to is say a purchase at McDonalds. If you have an issue with your burger or how you've been treated they are more than happy to work with you to resolve your issue. They don't care anyless that you've only paid $1.99 for that burger over somebody who has brought their family and has spent $20.

• BruceBruce Member

anyone ever heard of the phrase "customer is always right"

• lazytlazyt Member

First part of my comment was to all of the WHT type of signature flashing.

Second part was a serious question. Was the site loading OK when the SSH was messing up? Wordpress is known to hit some high memory levels at times. With that smaller a box and the wrong plugins or too many brute force attascks going on it could have been hitting the memory limits.

• @Bruce said:

Yes, some crazy monkeys repeat that often in my village in the Brazilian jungle. We kill & eat them.

Thanked by 2Mark_R Anna_Parker
  • @Bruce said:

The only people who say that are customers who are usually wrong.

Thanked by 3mikho Pwner MarkTurner
  • @upfreak said:
    Some offers are made to hoard IP address, and they must not be confused to provide any real support for them.. >> 6 IPv4 at $9.8/yr

Exactly. A registered business on the British Virgin Islands, where the only way to check the registration is by filling out a form and paying $30, offering 6 IPv4s for just $9.60/year is nothing else than a simple IP hoarding operation. I suggest everybody to stop sponsoring them and use their money to support more honest businesses.

If anybody happens to know the complaint procedure for ARIN for these kind of "businesses", kindly share them with us.

• I got no problems with them. For THAT price AND 2 IPs you get a service which is absolutely OK - at least for me (got the 256MB plan).

• If anybody happens to know the complaint procedure for ARIN for these kind of "businesses", kindly share them with us.

There is none - A /29 per server is always justifiable, scale then brings the larger netblocks - Not much anyone can do against it, works essentially exactly like ARIN justification is wrote down.

• IpSystems helps us pushing telecom operators for IPv6 support :D?

• I strongly agree with @Nekki when he says: You should be able to expect an explanation, even if that explanation is 'the network is fine, we can provide no more support'. But I wouldn't expect much else under the circumstances and price.

Regarding the circumstances, I note the following from their web site:

About Us
    We offer professional grade virtual private servers for today's SEO needs. We use a premium network with enterprise grade CPUs, ultra fast SSDs, and industry standard software so your sites will be optimized to the fullest.

By signing up for our service, you agree to these terms and conditions.

IP Systems LTD strives to provide the best possible service to all our customers

I clicked on the Support link and got the following:

Unable to establish database connection

It looks like they've got a bit of work to do in their presentation. One thing is consistent though, and that is a thorough dislike for customers. If you disagree with that statement (I see where you might) then just read their terms of service page. That's really depressing. In fact if I was a potential customer, I'd read that as saying "fuck off". Fine, I will then.

• johnkoozlejohnkoozle Member
    edited April 2015

@mpkossen said:
    If anybody happens to know the complaint procedure for ARIN for these kind of "businesses", kindly share them with us.

If I was using ColoCrossing IP addresses all would be ok right? haha :)

Heck maybe if I used them I could get posted on LEB in a timely manner

Is it against the LET rules to have a company based in an offshore island?

I find your post nothing short of asinine.

• @Ole_Juul said:
    I strongly agree with Nekki when he says: You should be able to expect an explanation, even if that explanation is 'the network is fine, we can provide no more support'. But I wouldn't expect much else under the circumstances and price.

Regarding the circumstances, I note the following from their web site:

We like to be up front with our potential customers.
    Support replies are not guaranteed however we strive to do our best.

• @nexusrain said:
    I got no problems with them. For THAT price AND 2 IPs you get a service which is absolutely OK - at least for me (got the 256MB plan).

Thanks , we try to offer the best possible specifications for the price.

• @johnkoozle said:
    We like to be up front with our potential customers. Support replies are not guaranteed however we strive to do our best.

I don't think that was your policy when OP was using your service. The way your entire support is setup is absolutely idiotic. How about provide support for your products when they don't function.

Unlike you ColoCrossing provide support and a functioning product and attempt help the customer when a problem occurs. Get your shit straight before calling out others.

• johnkoozlejohnkoozle Member
    edited April 2015

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Unlike you ColoCrossing provide support and a functioning product and attempt help the customer when a problem occurs. Get your shit straight before calling out others.

We offer a functioning product, however when the user does not know how to properly administrate his server we will not assist and generally is better to refund.

• johnkoozle said: Heck maybe if I used them I could get posted on LEB in a timely manner

You still seem to be under the impression, like many, that submitting a ticket will get you listed.

• @johnkoozle said:
    We offer a functioning product, however when the user does not know how to properly administrate his server we will not assist and generally is better to refund.

I have no doubt about that, and I support that position, but I think you should send them an e-mail with some wording that you will gladly refund them if they can't get it working. Leave them with feeling that may allow them to come back when they've learnt a few things (or figured out how to get help on forums). It could also prevent threads such as this.

Also, in my earlier comment, I was perhaps a bit harsh. I understand that you "like to be up front with our potential customers." but do you understand just how hard and cold that page reads? It leaves no hope that there is anything other than a nasty police man behind there. It might be good to show a little humanity somewhere. Something that someone like me could pick up on and say to myself "there's a human back there." :)

• johnkoozle said: Heck maybe if I used them I could get posted on LEB in a timely manner

It doesn't work like that at all as far as I can see. :P Maarten and the team put offers on the blog to promote variety: of locations, visualization types, price/ quality (and give some exposure to newer hosts). Providers who the community have more of an interest in, tend to get listed more often. It's a pretty fair system.

• @mpkossen said:
    You still seem to be under the impression, like many, that submitting a ticket will get you listed.

You still seem to be under the impression I don't know that you're in Jon Biloh's back pocket.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@johnkoozle said:
    You still seem to be under the impression I don't know that you're in Jon Biloh's back pocket.

Erm....

• @johnkoozle said:

You seem to be under the impression that you're helping your business by acting like an asshole to a client and future clients.

This discussion has been closed.