Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Run away from IP Systems Limited! ipsystemsltd.com - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Run away from IP Systems Limited! ipsystemsltd.com

Comments

• johnkoozlejohnkoozle Member
    edited April 2015

@IThinkUFailed said:
    I think what you've just said here just explains how immature you are. I doubt you have 1700 virtual machines up. I doubt OP is the only one to have an issue otherwise any normal host would look into it but you clearly aren't any normal host. Why are you even replying... I thought you would just ignore it like your support tickets...

I urge you purchase one if you still don't believe me,

• ATHKATHK Member

@johnkoozle said:

Default VMID starts from 1760.

/troll

• johnkoozle said: Do you believe everything posted on this website is the 100% truth?

Truth? That's something you join a church to find. It is certainly not a business principle. I don't know how old you are, but I have never heard of any businessman ever say anything other than "the customer is always right". Perhaps things are different nowadays. Yes, I'm pulling the get-off-my-lawn card, but that is because I think it may be educational in this situation. The thing that, admittedly, is difficult to learn, is that one has absolutely no need to be "right". It just doesn't matter. What matters is building and maintaining a reputation.

I'll give you an example from my past. I was a violin salesman and a "customer" comes in with a badly repaired violin (from before my time there) claiming that we owed him a new one because we botched the repair and it was crap to begin with. Now I know that violin wasn't from us and it was certainly not repaired by us. However the guy was adament and complained loudly. You know, he ended up with a free violin! We decided to eat that one in order to not cause a stink. It had nothing to do with being right, and everything to do with being the place where you can expect us to "do the right thing". That's how you do business.

• Is that 1700 vps's on one e-3?

• aggressivenetworks said: Is that 1700 vps's on one e-3?

@johnkoozle mentioned somewhere in the thread they'd just got their 10th node.

• @sambling said:
    johnkoozle mentioned somewhere in the thread they'd just got their 10th node.

He stated 10th physical server. So somehow he has fit 1700 VPS's on 10 E3 machines.

• One node is an E5 server just for the record.

• samblingsambling Member
    edited April 2015

IThinkUFailed said: So somehow he has fit 1700 VPS's on 10 E3 machines.

He's a magician alright. There also must be a /23 assigned to each node. :O

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Nomad said: BTW; @PremiumN, curl reports Last-Modified date as: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 05:02:36 GMT. And according to web.archive.org , at 17 April there was no mention about support either.

Brief tip: don't rely on the Last-Modified header that a server is sending you. It's often determined from the file modification date, and can be trivially faked using touch or anything similar.

• ATHKATHK Member

@johnkoozle said:

VMIDs are incremental anyway right? Pretty sure they are.

Your wording should have been "we've deployed over 1700 in total"

You're not fooling anyone.

• So can anyone confirm or deny if @johnkoozle = johnny nuggets in disguise?

• pcfreak30 said: So can anyone confirm or deny if @johnkoozle = johnny nuggets in disguise?

Linguistically, if it was johnny nuggets, he'd have to be imitating someone foreign, because the phraseology doesn't match up.

• johnkoozlejohnkoozle Member
    edited April 2015

@pcfreak30 said:
    So can anyone confirm or deny if johnkoozle = johnny nuggets in disguise?

You got me!

/Joking

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

ATHK said: VMIDs are incremental anyway right? Pretty sure they are.

That, and you could fake the VMIDs if you really wanted to.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited April 2015

@Ole_Juul said:
    That's how you do business.

That's how you run a charity. You may delude yourself that giving freebies to anyone loud enough to shout "you owe me a replacement for a violin I didn't buy from you cause I say so" is how business is done, that doesn't extrapolate to anyone but your self.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited April 2015

@deadbeef said:
    That's how you run a charity. You may delude yourself that giving freebies to anyone loud enough to shout "you owe me a replacement for a violin I didn't buy from you cause I say so" is how business is done, that doesn't extrapolate to anyone but your self.

That's actually how most businesses are run. It's usually easier to just appease customers than to fight with them. It's not AS true in the web hosting industry, but it often applies nonetheless.

I challenge you: go to your local McDonalds drive-through and order a combo. Circle around, go in-person, and tell them you didn't get fries. I guarantee you that if you sit there and insist you didn't get fries, they're going to give you fries.

• blackblack Member

Jonchun said: That's actually how most businesses are run. It's usually easier to just appease customers than to fight with them. It's not AS true in the web hosting industry, but it often applies nonetheless.

I challenge you: go to your local McDonalds drive-through and order a combo. Circle around, go in-person, and tell them you didn't get fries. I guarantee you that if you sit there and insist you didn't get fries, they're going to give you fries.

This is why I'd probably be terrible at running a web hosting company. You won't get free fries from me.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @black said:
    This is why I'd probably be terrible at running a web hosting company. You won't get free fries from me.

Hah. You won't be getting free stuff from me either (Unless it's of my own discretion. Crying wont' do you any good). But yea, this industry is one of the best in terms of businesses not bending over to client complaints.

• @deadbeef said:

I have no idea what you're talking about, unless your point is to just be insulting. Our store made a lot of money and gained a lot of loyalty because it was a class act. I'm not there any more, but 20 years later, the store works on the same principles and is still very successful. The thing is that you have to build a small amount of loss into your business plan. Trying to squeeze the last drop out of society costs you more than you gain.

• @Jonchun said:
    . . . they're going to give you fries.

And they'll smile.

• @joepie91 said:
    That, and you could fake the VMIDs if you really wanted to.

I wouldn't be surprised if he truely got the amount of virtual machines running as he claims, his pricing is very low and will attract alot of people.

• @Ole_Juul said:
    have no idea what you're talking about

How is that news?

• @deadbeef said:

It costs McD less to give you the fries. You're probably not McD and I definitely am not McD. I do business by offering what I deem value to my clients. Similarily, the client judges if what I offer is worth his money. If someone wants to disrespect me by lying in my face, he will get the treatment he deserves. You may think you lose clients that way. My answer is that you lose clients if you are known for not offering value, if you are a commodity. If you (not personally you) have that problem, you've got a lot of things to change anyway, so I can get why bending over is not a big issue.

• I own about 30 VPS accounts with them and so far no complaint. Great uptime , support and network speed.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Mark_R said:
    I wouldn't be surprised if he truely got the amount of virtual machines running as he claims, his pricing is very low and will attract alot of people.

I believe him 100%, also believe that his services are pretty good. I've talked to him once, and he seemed a nice guy. The VPS are cheap, so don't expect support, other than network/hardware, which is fair enough given the price.

• Simply answer, keep your business model. I'll never be your client. You may think that I am only one person and it doesn't affect so much. I don't care. I'll never be your client.

• @MrGeneral said:
    so don't expect support, other than network/hardware, which is fair enough given the price.

OP was having network issues and received no support. You may of talked to him once and he was nice but he's acted like a complete ass in this thread. Not many people will ever give this guy a chance after how he has acted.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • JonchunJonchun Member
    edited April 2015

@deadbeef said:
    It costs McD less to give you the fries. You're probably not McD and I definitely am not McD. I do business by offering what I deem value to my clients. Similarily, the client judges if what I offer is worth his money. If someone wants to disrespect me by lying in my face, he will get the treatment he deserves. You may think you lose clients that way. My answer is that you lose clients if you are known for not offering value, if you are a commodity. If you (not personally you) have that problem, you've got a lot of things to change anyway, so I can get why bending over is not a big issue.

The point was that by acting like an asshole and dismissing a client in this thread, he has effectively
    1) lost a customer
    2) spent way more time than he would have needed to if he had just troubleshooted the problem
    3) given himself bad PR.

And of course it costs McD less to give you fries. That's the point of the analogy. It would have cost him less time, effort, and public reputation if he had just taken 15 seconds of his day to respond to the ticket. He then proceeded to make it worse by getting angry at all of LET who told him he shouldn't have just closed a ticket without responding.

• IThinkUFailed said: OP was having network issues

OP didn't have network issues but ssh issues due to 100% RAM usage. 100% RAM usage is not rare if you haven't configure correctly your web/mysql server or you don't use hosts.deny/fail2ban. Simple way to solve: force reboot, stop the webserver, tail syslog + top

BTW, IPSystems is great.

Thanked by 1alaningus
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

You know this how?

This discussion has been closed.