Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Run away from IP Systems Limited! ipsystemsltd.com - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Run away from IP Systems Limited! ipsystemsltd.com

Comments

• @Nekki said:
    You know this how?

He is a wizard that knows everything about hosting. You should follow the wizard if you don't want to have problems.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @comXyz said:
    He is a wizard that knows everything about hosting. You should follow the wizard if you don't want to have problems.

So this is the wizard of Oz now? Just follow the yellow brick road to IP systems and meet the wizard of hosting! Wait, johnny nuggets is the wizard?

• @Nekki
    ☑ I read the thread
    ☑ I assumed both the OP and IPSystems spoke the truth
    ☑ I took into account previous experience with similar facts at other hosts
    ☑ I drew logical conclusions

To make it short, ssh issues are often (but not always) not due to network problems. Anyone reporting network problems should post at the minimum ping outputs both ways.

@comXyz
    I originally wanted to develop an online "wizard" to select the best hosting solution with a couple of questions. I never did but the domain name came from:

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Don't post an opinion like it's fact then. The implication from your post was that you knew.

Personally I'd say the issue was more likely something to do with the SSH keepalive settings being as he had no issue logging in but was disconnected after a period of time, but then I'm not a wizard, am I :-/

• @Jonchun said:
    1) lost a customer

2) spent way more time than he would have needed to if he had just troubleshooted the problem
    3) given himself bad PR.

I already wrote way up the thread that 2) was his "mistake" (in my opinion). As for 1) firing a customer you choose not to keep is not a loss. As for 3) I really doubt this is bad PR for him, unless you count other LET providers being unhappy with his services :D. Certainly not a win, but no loss either.

• @Nekki It's not an opinion or a fact but a deduction based on the provided information. I also don't think it is related to SSH keepalive because it wouldn't be coherent with:
    ☆ a few/10/15 minutes delays
    ☆ the fact that sshd_config is not customized by IPSystems (contrary to some other hosts)
    Anyway, if you are right about SSH keeplive, that would mean there was no network problem.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

hostingwizard_net said: Anyway, if you are right about SSH keeplive, that would mean there was no network problem.

A fact that I don't think anyone has disputed.

• @MrGeneral said:
    I believe him 100%, also believe that his services are pretty good. I've talked to him once, and he seemed a nice guy. The VPS are cheap, so don't expect support, other than network/hardware, which is fair enough given the price.

I do not share that same positive experience.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/43461/ipsystemsltd-com-false-suspensions-to-cover-low-prices/p1

Thanked by 2MikePT Nekki
  • JonchunJonchun Member
    edited April 2015

@deadbeef said:
    I already wrote way up the thread that 2) was his "mistake" (in my opinion). As for 1) firing a customer you choose not to keep is not a loss. As for 3) I really doubt this is bad PR for him, unless you count other LET providers being unhappy with his services :D. Certainly not a win, but no loss either.

1) It's a loss. He could have been revenue, but you chose not to keep him. That's the very definition of a loss.
    2) I have no idea who "he" is. And why are your bullet points out of order...
    3) You can try and dodge this fact all you want, but outside of the very top few, most LET providers are also clients that order services from other LET providers... There's no rule saying you can't order a VPS from another company just because you run one yourself... If you doubt this is bad PR, go reread the thread.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Mark_R said:

I respect different opinions, for sure, and am always willing to change my own opinion given my experiences :)

• @Jonchun said:
    1) It's a loss. He could have been revenue, but you chose not to keep him. That's the very definition of a loss.

Jeeezus. Not even a basic understanding of ROI.

• @deadbeef said:
    Jeeezus. Not even a basic understanding of ROI.

basic roi = (rev - cost) / (cost)

With all due respect, I think you may need to go back to school. I literally JUST explained why it would have cost him less to take 15 minutes of his life to provide network-level support, or even tell the customer than support is not provided with unmanaged servers... And you come up trying to use a vocabulary word like "ROI." We can take money completely out of the picture and use time as our only cost. If IP Systems had helped OP, or even responded to OP, it would have taken a maximum of 10 minutes of man-hours. He's responded many many times on this thread, and now not only does he have to fight with his (ex) client, he is now under fire from a lot of LET for the way he handled the situation. There is absolutely no way ROI is higher by wasting time arguing on LET instead of answering one ticket.

• Seriously2015Seriously2015 Member
    edited April 2015

@jonchun and you constant replying to this thread and taking shots at other providers is helping HostSumo's ROI how exactly? By signature spam, by promulgating your witty replies into the internet? If people don't like the providers approach- don't buy his services. End of story.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited April 2015

@Jonchun said:
    There is absolutely no way ROI is higher by wasting time arguing on LET instead of answering one ticket.

Too bad you haven't understood that I've said that TWICE on this thread already. You can't prove me wrongs on thing we agree, can you? I know you're trying hard, but some things are rather futile.

My ROI comment was directly pointed to the thread of arguments on point (1). Obviously. I didn't even think there was a need to explain that. Looks like I've erred on this need.

Let me remind you what you wrote: "1) lost a customer". That was all there was on point 1. Amazing how you dribbled yourself :D

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Why do you two hate each other so much?

• @Nekki said:
    Why do you two hate each other so much?

Hate? Really? I'm very very glad your experience with hate is so little that you think it appropriate to use that word on an internet "argument" :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2015

deadbeef said: Hate? Really? I'm very very glad your experience with hate is so little that you think it appropriate to use that word on an internet "argument" :)

I'm glad that your experience of @Nekki is so little that you think it appropriate to take it's comments seriously.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • Nekki said: Why do you two hate each other so much?

Apparently, Jonchum is dedicated to making other people look bad and less dedicated to his own hosting site.

• earlearl Member

@Jonchun

Why do you have "applicant" as your status?

• @Nekki said:
    I'm glad that your experience of Nekki is so little that you think it appropriate to take it's comments seriously.

Nice reply, I like people who don't fear to joke about themselves.

• @earl said:
    Jonchun

I hope he's not applying for a mod position on LET, so much narrowness would really hurt the site.

• earlearl Member

@tr1cky said:
    I hope he's not applying for a mod position on LET, so much narrowness would really hurt the site.

Yeah, that could be a possibility..

He's opinionated for sure, I have nothing against him so if he's applying for MOD then all the best..

• @earl said:

I just had a look in his post-history and he's basically looking for fights, nothing more.

• @earl said:
    Jonchun

I fixed it just for you.

@Seriously2015 said:
    jonchun and you constant replying to this thread and taking shots at other providers is helping HostSumo's ROI how exactly? By signature spam, by promulgating your witty replies into the internet? If people don't like the providers approach- don't buy his services. End of story.

I love how every time you two have nothing else to say, you try to call me out on "signature-spam". You know what? I removed my signature, just for you too. <3

@tr1cky said:
    Apparently, Jonchum is dedicated to making other people look bad and less dedicated to his own hosting site.

My display name is right in front of you. You can at least spell it right. Jonchun. Second, I'm active and online on LET right now. The same way I'm active and online when clients submit support requests right now. I will freely admit that I don't have enough clients to keep me busy working on support 24/7. A lower client-base and smaller server count also means it's easier to monitor as well. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Thanked by 1earl
  • So are we hating on the OP or each other now cause this thread is getting de-railed..

• @pcfreak30 said:
    So are we hating on the OP or each other now cause this thread is getting de-railed..

There's just a couple of butthurt people who got upset at me because I called them out on either being wrong, rude, or both.

Nothing to see here. Carry on.

• I have 3x VPS's with IP Systems Limited and Ive had no problems at all.

• @Jonchun said:
    There's just a couple of butthurt people

Isn't he such a darling when he talks about himself? :D

• @jonchun - rude? Guess you would know. Ripping people for using WordPress template. Ripping someone for using shared for his site with no DDOS protection. When in fact you went to WHT in 2014 and commented you didn't have DDOS protection on your new site. Trying to tell people how to run their businesses when you don't even have a real address for yours. Memes about someone you thought was an easy target. You sir are one fascinating individual running around here basically imparting your brand of wisdom on every other provider. If you want rude sir, read through all of your comments.

Thanked by 1tr1cky
  • earlearl Member

@Jonchun said:
    I fixed it just for you.

Awesome!! Can you change mine.. id like to be a "superstar" :p

This discussion has been closed.