Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Run away from IP Systems Limited! ipsystemsltd.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Run away from IP Systems Limited! ipsystemsltd.com

First, sorry about my englsih.

I've purchased Professional Plan (512RAM/5GB HDD/500GB BW) at IP Systems Limited. After a few minutes connected, I've lost with the server using PuTTY. Ok, let's try again. 15 minutes later, AGAIN! Now, let's try other VPS to continue the work... NO, 10 minutes again. Other VPS location? Yes, but no success.

I opened a ticket to solve this issue and: http://s17.postimg.org/w33ija95b/systems.png
Just like you are nothing and CLOSED.

Run away from IP Systems Limited!

Comments

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Hm. Very odd that it would just go to closed.

They really need to explain if they want to keep you as a client.

• bersybersy Member
    edited April 2015

MarcusVinicius said: I've purchased Professional Plan (512RAM/5GB HDD/500GB BW) at IP Systems Limited.

Professional Plan for less than $5/year? I don't think so.

Can you ping you VPS IP, how many packets are lost?

@johnkoozle

• You have been refunded and your account is closed, sorry we could not meet your expectations. I wish you good luck on trying to find a suitable provider.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2015

@johnkoozle said:
    You have been refunded and your account is closed, sorry we could not meet your expectations. I wish you good luck on trying to find a suitable provider.

What? Have you simply closed his account with no further notice?
    Couldn't you bother to check what is going on?

Edit: Assumed things too fast, my fault.

• @johnkoozle said:
    You have been refunded and your account is closed, sorry we could not meet your expectations. I wish you good luck on trying to find a suitable provider.

WHAT?! Let me backup some files, John. I really don't know what's happening here.

• @johnkoozle said:

Uhhh.. so your shit doesn't work, and you just close the dude's account? That's "problem solved"?

Thanked by 1MarcusVinicius
  • Maybe there are undocumented issues. Maybe the reply fits with tos. Maybe we dont know the whole story

• Maybe it truly is the client. None of us has access to the network or the server so how can we judge

• edited April 2015

There is no "whole story", dude. Just ask him.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

If the OP wasn't doing something mental with his VPS, I will be very surprised...

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MrGeneral said:

We do not have the man power to provide Softlayer level support for somebody paying $4.80/yearly, I'm sorry but that is the sad reality. If he can't login reliably to the VPS, what's the use?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@johnkoozle said:

Got it, John. That makes sense. I thought there was something else going on.

Kuddos for you then, I respect a provider who refunds if the client isn't cappable to at least connect to the VPS! :-)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@johnkoozle said:
    We do not have the man power to provide Softlayer level support for somebody paying $4.80/yearly, I'm sorry but that is the sad reality. If he can't login reliably to the VPS, what's the use?

Ah right, so you booted the guy because you're assuming he doesn't know how to manage SSH session keepalive?

• johnkoozlejohnkoozle Member
    edited April 2015

@Nekki said:
    Ah right, so you booted the guy because you're assuming he doesn't know how to manage SSH session keepalive?

Whether is he does or not is not my problem, this is a strictly unmanaged service not meant for new to linux users. If he needs assistance at an OS level he should purchase managed hosting not one of the least expensive VPS on the market.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@johnkoozle said:
    Whether is he does or not is not my problem, this is a strictly unmanaged service not meant for new to linux users. If he needs assistance at an OS level he should purchase managed hosting not one of the least expensive VPS on the market.

You make a lot of assumptions based on very little.

Thanked by 2stackmutt Rolter
  • edited April 2015

@johnkoozle said: We do not have the man power to provide Softlayer level support for somebody paying $4.80/yearly, I'm sorry but that is the sad reality. If he can't login reliably to the VPS, what's the use?

Did I read this, really? I had a wordpress blog with less than 200 daily visits. You tell me that I don't know how to login in my VPS just because you don't want lose 5 minutes to answer and just because I paid only $4,80? It shows me that this type of service is one of the worst. Next time you can put more expensive prices your plans and remember not to put yearly plans. But answer your clients, ok?

I have plans at RamNode, MyServerPlanet (Nick) and ZappieHost. They all are very good companies. I'll keep with them and, after all, I wish you good luck, John.

• I just had a back and forth support conversation with RIJX staff. That's for a $10 a year account, and frankly, I was shocked that they would even talk to me for that kind of money. For $4.80 I'd be happy to just move on if I couldn't get it to work. No, I'm not rich, and actually live below the poverty line (old age pensioner), but neither do I feel a sense of entitlement if I pay a rock bottom price for something. Have you seen the price of avocados lately?

Thanked by 2Scottsman MarkTurner
  • edited April 2015

@Ole_Juul said:
    I just had a back and forth support conversation with RIJX staff. That's for a $10 a year account, and frankly, I was shocked that they would even talk to me for that kind of money. For $4.80 I'd be happy to just move on if I couldn't get it to work. No, I'm not rich, and actually live below the poverty line (old age pensioner), but neither do I feel a sense of entitlement if I pay a rock bottom price for something. Have you seen the price of avocados lately?

I never had this kind of problem. I opened less than 5 tickets in a year, with 3 companies. Most of the "problems" was about to ask a particular module (mount WebDAV) or just to upgrade any plan. But if he intends to open a company that provides this type of service to all, then all should be helped when needed. Or just warn that they don't help yearly costumers. That would be enough for me.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MarcusVinicius said:
    Or just warn that they don't help yearly costumers. That would be enough for me.

I think that's fair enough, if you can't provide support at a particular price point, it should be clearly stated that's the case, and even then at very least you should expect to be told what's going on and not just have your ticket closed.

• I honestly don't think that someone selling anything for $5 a year owes anybody anything other than what the offer suggests. Demanding support is just crazy. Go to the dollar store and buy a $5 recorder and then ask for lessons. I've charged $40 an hour for that (some charge more), and I don't expect anybody else to do it for free. The thing is to be realistic here. I'm just not getting where this sense of entitlement comes from that some people seem to have. Perhaps it's a generational thing, but I'm thinking it's more likely inexperience in the real world where people have to (as ChrisG said in another thread) buy their own cars and pay their own mortgage. Or something like that. :)

• @Ole_Juul said:
    I honestly don't think that someone selling anything for $5 a year owes anybody anything other than what the offer suggests. Demanding support is just crazy. Go to the dollar store and buy a $5 recorder and then ask for lessons. I've charged $40 an hour for that (some charge more), and I don't expect anybody else to do it for free. The thing is to be realistic here. I'm just not getting where this sense of entitlement comes from that some people seem to have. Perhaps it's a generational thing, but I'm thinking it's more likely inexperience in the real world where people have to (as ChrisG said in another thread) buy their own cars and pay their own mortgage. Or something like that. :)

Very well said.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Ole_Juul said:
    I honestly don't think that someone selling anything for $5 a year owes anybody anything other than what the offer suggests. Demanding support is just crazy. Go to the dollar store and buy a $5 recorder and then ask for lessons. I've charged $40 an hour for that (some charge more), and I don't expect anybody else to do it for free. The thing is to be realistic here. I'm just not getting where this sense of entitlement comes from that some people seem to have. Perhaps it's a generational thing, but I'm thinking it's more likely inexperience in the real world where people have to (as ChrisG said in another thread) buy their own cars and pay their own mortgage. Or something like that. :)

Sorry, that's nonsense. If your product is advertised as having support, you should provide it, it's as simple as that. Also, let's not forget that the op was raising a potential network issue, hardly 'demanding support'.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited April 2015

Probably if the user had tried to do at least some basic troubleshooting himself the outcome would be different. I mean trying to ping the IP of the VPS, or do a traceroute, or to boot the VPS from the control panel or to access it via the console. If the user doesn't know how to do such basic things just imagine what other problems he could face in the future.
    Unmanaged services are not for everyone, they are for people with at least basic to moderate IT skills.

• edited April 2015

@Nekki said: Sorry, that's nonsense. If your product is advertised as having support, you should provide it, it's as simple as that. Also, let's not forget that the op was raising a potential network issue, hardly 'demanding support'.

Nevermind, Nikki. John has already closed my account. The whole point is about money. If I pay a lot, I can have support. Even I, that I always avoid to open unnecessary tickets.

@rds100 I did all this and more.

• MarcusVinicius said: @rds100 I did all this and more.

Should have posted it in the ticket then...

Thanked by 1TheLonely
  • NomadNomad Member

It doesn't seem like there's something wrong with the client though.

But your attitude is totally wrong.
    If you can't provide a stable service, that's not the customers problem and you have to answer that. Just because it's a promo and it costs 5 bucks doesn't mean that you have to disregard the customer. You can at least say "sorry, it must be your peering, it's OK on our side, have a good day"

@Ole_Juul I don't think so. If you provide a service, you are responsible for it. No matter the price. If you can't afford that price, simply don't offer it. He's not asking for something like "How do I setup an OS to your VPS"

He's simply saying that he's having trouble with the VPS while he has no problems with other networks. The first thing one assumes is that there might be a network related problem. You should at least answer that and answer it good. Afterall this is a customer.

• FalzoFalzo Member

after all, a business owner should at least be able to do some mixed calculations and think about worthiness of marketing and reputation.

if you do not include some kind of effort in services overall (independent from booked package or price) - why do marketing after all (it's not paid)?

do you answer pre-sales question? why? or do I have to pay for your answer?

you'll probably loose much more by not affording this 2 minutes time on answering (even if it's somewhat not paid, due to your calculation), because threads like this one will easily damage what your trying to build up.

you spend more time around here, answering this thread just to equalize this whole thing - who pays for this?

don't get me wrong! I am perfectly fine with a provider choosing clients he wants to deal with or not. so maybe cancel a service and refund is a good way to deal with.
    but don't be stupid by just tossing them away, better take the small effort for an (kind) explanation.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @Nekki said:
    Sorry, that's nonsense. If your product is advertised as having support, you should provide it, it's as simple as that.

I basically agree with the idea that they should do what they say they will do, though I think there are some caveats. One of those would be that in this case the advertised support (in very large letters at the top) looks like this:

Please read our Terms of Service
    DISCLAIMER: THERE IS NO GUARANTEES ON SUPPORT
    By signing up for our service, you agree to these terms and conditions.

• It's unprofessional anyway if the providers close tickets without any answers after customers already replied to the tickets asking for more information.

I agree with @Falzo, you lose much more than 2 minutes and 1 customer.

• @Nomad said:
    It doesn't seem like there's something wrong with the client though.

But your attitude is totally wrong.
    If you can't provide a stable service, that's not the customers problem and you have to answer that. Just because it's a promo and it costs 5 bucks doesn't mean that you have to disregard the customer. You can at least say "sorry, it must be your peering, it's OK on our side, have a good day"

Ole_Juul I don't think so. If you provide a service, you are responsible for it. No matter the price. If you can't afford that price, simply don't offer it. He's not asking for something like "How do I setup an OS to your VPS"

He's simply saying that he's having trouble with the VPS while he has no problems with other networks. The first thing one assumes is that there might be a network related problem. You should at least answer that and answer it good. Afterall this is a customer.

The service is indeed stable, however this client clearly isn't apart of our target market. 95%+ of our customers have no problems and have never submit a ticket.

This discussion has been closed.