Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• earlearl Member

11MB/s is the max for a 100 Mbps port.

• iceTwy said: I do get 11.2MB/s with Deluge too

Which OS are you running on? And also which version of Deluge?

rTorrent gives me more speed than Deluge, also rTorrent seems to get more peers for some reason

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited May 2014

I've got one of those 4€ boxes from last year and it runs like a charm. There is just no limit. I know @Komplanar is hitting his new box from some days ago as hard as I do, so basically it's all a question of configuration. I have total upload slots set to 90 now (rtorrent) by the way and I am getting this:

yesterday 553.98 GiB | 818.88 GiB | 1.34 TiB | 133.29 Mbit/s

today 330.47 GiB | 378.63 GiB | 709.09 GiB | 118.95 Mbit/s

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited May 2014

Just managed to get an i3 out of BHS, they still seem to have stock (120s delivery) as of now, quickly grab one if you still want it. 15Euros for an i3 box is a pretty good deal to me it seems and I can definitely move a few of my sites over.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

They had before Intel Core i3-2130 @ 3.40GHz (Benchmark 4000) instead of i3 and the benchmarks for i3 goes down to arround 1600.Thats a risk.

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

... also the i3 is €14.99 (ex VAT)

• EdouardEdouard Member

@kyaky said:
    good to know. thanks. what holiday is that?

End of WW II (in Europe)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-E_Day

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@Infinity580 said:
    They had before Intel Core i3-2130 @ 3.40GHz (Benchmark 4000) instead of i3 and the benchmarks for i3 goes down to arround 1600.Thats a risk.

Yeah I got a 2130 before they changed it to just 'i3' anyone got one since it's changed?

• harisharis Member

Error:
    This order has expired

Thing is, I have sent the documents needed yesterday
    :(

• J1021J1021 Member

I already have a VPS server which I ordered via OVH.co.uk. When Trying to order a dedicated via kimsufi.co.uk/en it says my login details are invalid. What am I doing wrong?

• wychwych Member

@1e10 said:
    I already have a VPS server which I ordered via OVH.co.uk. When Trying to order a dedicated via kimsufi.co.uk/en it says my login details are invalid. What am I doing wrong?

KS use seperate accounts to OVH now.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

@iKeyZ said:
    Yeah I got a 2130 before they changed it to just 'i3' anyone got one since it's changed?

The i3 I just got is the 2130

cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor       : 0
    vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
    cpu family      : 6
    model           : 42
    model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    stepping        : 7
    cpu MHz         : 3392.174
    cache size      : 3072 KB
    physical id     : 0
    siblings        : 4
    core id         : 0
    cpu cores       : 2
    apicid          : 0
    initial apicid  : 0
    fpu             : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level     : 13
    wp              : yes
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt tsc_deadline_timer xsave avx lahf_lm arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dts tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
    bogomips        : 6784.34
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

processor       : 1
    core id         : 1
    apicid          : 2
    initial apicid  : 2
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt tsc_deadline_timer xsave avx lahf_lm arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dts tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
    power management:

processor       : 2
    core id         : 0
    apicid          : 1
    initial apicid  : 1
    power management:

processor       : 3
    core id         : 1
    apicid          : 3
    initial apicid  : 3
    power management:

• J1021J1021 Member

@wych said:

Thanks @Wych. Just created a new -ks handle and ordered. Server has been provisioned now, all within minutes of my payment.

• wychwych Member

@1e10 said:
    Server has been provisioned now, all within minutes of my payment.

Your lucky!

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

More benchmarks for those who are interested:

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  3392.174 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 7880 MB
    Total amount of swap : 1022 MB
    System uptime :   25 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 8.39MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 10.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 10.9MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 4.70MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 5.60MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.46MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 10.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 7.32MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 10.8MB/s
    I/O speed :  145 MB/s

• taronyutaronyu Member

Is it possible to virtualize the N2800?

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

@taronyu said:
    Is it possible to virtualize the N2800?

It does not support intel-VT so I would think OVZ with NAT is possible but not full virt.

• earlearl Member

@zhuanyi said:
    The i3 I just got is the 2130

how the heck did you get one so fast? did you not have to create a new account and get validated?

• wychwych Member

@earl said:

Depending on the person it may not need validating.

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2014

@wych said:

i was already validated on my old account, just waiting for them to remove the vat for the new account.. hopefully i wont have to be validated again.

• J1021J1021 Member

Two questions. Network is listed as 100Mb/s, how much traffic is included monthly? Can additional IPv4 be purchased?

• @1e10 said:
    Two questions. Network is listed as 100Mb/s, how much traffic is included monthly? Can additional IPv4 be purchased?

Unlimited 100mbit, no SLA so it could be anything from 10 - 150. No additional/failover IP's allowed on Kimsufi.

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2014

@1e10 said:

well technically 100Mbps is about 33TB in a month..but with this being OVH who dont feel they should be accountable for anything, tomorrow they may limit you to 5TB without even notifying you that your service has been changed

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

@earl said:
    how the heck did you get one so fast? did you not have to create a new account and get validated?

Had an account with them so it was literally 120s delivery. I picked up a BHS atom when they had it the last time, too bad I didn't get one this time, would be so much cheaper :(

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited May 2014

@zhuanyi said:

i wanted to get the i5 but the fact it only comes with 1 of each v4 and v6 ip it would be pretty useless for me..

oles made a tweet that they were going to give up to 5 free ipv4 with the kimsufi line but couple days later changed his mind and decides to offer it as a special for the soyoustart servers so maybe i will wait if that offer ever comes live.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

@earl said:
    i wanted to get the i5 but the fact it only comes with 1 of each v4 and v6 ip it would be pretty useless for me..

May be these would be of some help?

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/21980/a-quick-guide-for-setting-up-windows-on-the-new-kimsufi-range

And a Kimsufi specific one:

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?7071-Poor-man-s-Proxmox-cluster-with-NAT

I think this is pretty good unless you have to have specific inbound ports for whatever reason.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@zhuanyi

that's good thanks.. if i do get the server from kimsufi i will play around with it. Also with proxmox it seems you can input v6 address directly from the web gui now when creating a CT.. i already created a couple of v6 only vps hopefully even better support for v6 will come in their next release.

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • zhuanyizhuanyi Member

earl said: Also with proxmox it seems you can input v6 address directly from the web gui now when creating a CT.. i already created a couple of v6 only vps hopefully even better support for v6 will come in their next release.

Didn't know that, guess time to get another IPv6 tunnel from HE :)

• earlearl Member

@zhuanyi said:

yes, it makes becoming a summer host much easier now since you can install proxmox in a $7 and under KVM and sell v6 only OVZ vps's..lol

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited May 2014

Seems like i can max out to almost 200mbps xD

==============================================================================
                   lo:           0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s
                 eth0:       11979.81 KB/s        11131.76 KB/s        23111.57 KB/s
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                total:       11979.81 KB/s        11131.76 KB/s        23111.57 KB/s