Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• earlearl Member

Then it's 100 full duplex.. if you can get over 100Mbps one way then maybe they allow you to burst to 1Gbit..

• wychwych Member

@earl said:
    Then it's 100 full duplex.. if you can get over 100Mbps one way then maybe they allow you to burst to 1Gbit..

Full duplex sure, can't see 1G being burstable - isnt the port locked to 10/100?

• earlearl Member

@wych said:

Not sure they would include it in the kimsufi line but I think in the soyo or OVH server it includes 1Gbit burst.

I think 100 full duplex is excellent for a 5 euro server..

• chrispchrisp Member

I think the hardware network adapter of those boxes itself is limited to 100mbit FD

• nimdynimdy Member

@joodle said:

Hi joodle. I've set up plex on my server by transcoding is maxing out the CPU and playback is choppy. Did you tweak your configuration at all to get your 50% CPU on an mkv?

• @nimdy said:
    Hi joodle. I've set up plex on my server by transcoding is maxing out the CPU and playback is choppy. Did you tweak your configuration at all to get your 50% CPU on an mkv?

Disable Direct Play, that did the trick for me

• iceTwyiceTwy Member
    edited May 2014

@joodle said:

I'm running Deluge 1.3.6 on Arch Linux.

@earl said:
    I think 100 full duplex is excellent for a 5 euro server..

Definitely. Huge props to Kimsufi/OVH. It's only been a day I've had my KS-1 but I already love it!

• ahmiqahmiq Member

Just ordered the 5,99 € Euro(with tax) server.. after paying , got an email within 2 minutes from them that server is online.

• harisharis Member

I ordered again with different email but still got validation issue. I've sent again the docs, lets see how this goes :S

• I hate setup fees, wish you could pay for 3 months and they would cancel the setup fee.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

earl said: yes, it makes becoming a summer host much easier now since you can install proxmox in a $7 and under KVM and sell v6 only OVZ vps's..lol

Mmmm.....summer's coming! :)

@haris said:
    I ordered again with different email but still got validation issue. I've sent again the docs, lets see how this goes :S

They will take just as long....

• So, how do US people order without getting charged for VAT?

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

daxterfellowes said: So, how do US people order without getting charged for VAT?

Its automatically removed after you signed up for the account.

• nimdynimdy Member

@joodle said:
    Disable Direct Play, that did the trick for me

Didn't work for me. Guess I'll have to dig a little deeper...

• edited May 2014

@zhuanyi said:

I signed up, United States and everything. Then when I went to pay, VAT was still on the invoice though.

• earlearl Member

Well I called OVH at BHS and the support guy did say it's a holiday in France so it may take longer, and that he is unable to verify accounts from the BHS location for the kimsufi's..

Just my luck, last time I needed to verify my account it was on a Friday so I had to wait for the weekend to pass and now it's a stinking holiday so I have to wait again!!

• ahmiqahmiq Member

here are the benchmarks from mine:

CPU model :  Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800   @ 1.86GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  1862.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1978 MB
    Total amount of swap : 510 MB
    System uptime :   21 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 11.3MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 7.80MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 6.74MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 2.96MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 11.0MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.55MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 5.43MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 5.37MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 10.2MB/s
    I/O speed :  119 MB/s

• J1021J1021 Member

Had mine for a few hours now and am loving it. It does appear to be 100Mb.s duplex.

I've got 11772 hours on my HDD.

• DavidxDavidx Member

Would the ATOM be any good for a recursive DNS server?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

2 days without my papers been validated :( My invoice got "expired"

• @netomx said:
    2 days without my papers been validated :( My invoice got "expired"

Do you have information on invoice that your account isn't validated? If not, order again. Validation team for new kimsufi doesn't respond for verification emails.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@alexvolk said:
    Do you have information on invoice that your account isn't validated? If not, order again. Validation team for new kimsufi doesn't respond for verification emails.

I do. damn you validators!

• haphanhaphan Member

alexvolk said: Do you have information on invoice that your account isn't validated? If not, order again. Validation team for new kimsufi doesn't respond for verification emails.

Are you saying that validation team do not reply and notify users the validation status?

I sent all papers 3 days ago and still have not received any response.

The invoice (now expired) still reads "Your user account has not yet been validated."

• DylanDylan Member
    edited May 2014

OVH validation usually seems to take 4-5 days. It's unfortunately normal. They do respond eventually.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@haphan you can try ordering again and see if it adds VAT for you now. Don't even need to click the final purchase button to check that.

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2014

@haphan

Not sure where do you see this "Your user account has not yet been validated." There is nothing like this in my account? also I tried to make a new purchase and it still adds VAT..

• haphanhaphan Member

earl said: Not sure where do you see this "Your user account has not yet been validated." There is nothing like this in my account? also I tried to make a new purchase and it still adds VAT..

This message is in the invoice

rm_ said: @haphan you can try ordering again and see if it adds VAT for you now. Don't even need to click the final purchase button to check that.

Still VAT...

My BHS kimsufi order is expired already. It looks like I am not getting one unfortunately

Thanked by 1earl
  • First validation expired for me as they don't seem to read their email. I sent the required proof of ID + residence as soon as I completed my order, only for it to expire as they don't read their email.

Trying again, le sigh...

• yep it's 100mbits FD =)

` eth0 / daily

day         rx      |     tx      |    total    |   avg. rate
     ------------------------+-------------+-------------+---------------
      05/06/14     44.39 GiB |   14.01 GiB |   58.39 GiB |    5.67 Mbit/s
      05/07/14    615.50 GiB |  587.44 GiB |    1.17 TiB |  116.79 Mbit/s
      05/08/14    866.88 GiB |  630.65 GiB |    1.46 TiB |  145.40 Mbit/s
      05/09/14    447.56 GiB |  370.20 GiB |  817.76 GiB |  167.72 Mbit/s
     ------------------------+-------------+-------------+---------------
     estimated    946.38 GiB |  782.79 GiB |    1.69 TiB |

`