Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 89
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

1838485868789»

Comments

• I said DSL, not ADSL - 99% of 'fibre' in the UK is VDSL (aka FTTC/infinity). But we're not idiots here so let's not pretend a 50 year old copper pair to your house counts fibre...

I figured if he was lucky enough to be able to get FTTP he wouldn't be asking for advice :)

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited August 2015

tehdan said: I figured if he was lucky enough to be able to get FTTP he wouldn't be asking for advice :)

it's not advertised and when you call to ask about fibre optic they assume you meen copper (the super slow 80Mbps service)

tehdan said: I said DSL, not ADSL

It's all DSL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_subscriber_line

• There's no misunderstanding here - I deliberately used the term DSL to mean ADSL or VDSL. If Virgin is poor in his area, that's the best he can do in all likelihood.

If you live somewhere that can get FTTP then both you and any ISP you try to order from will know about it, it's pushed hard.

This seems to have got needlessly off-topic - good luck with your quest for faster internet @GM2015.