Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 83
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• @tr1cky said:
    He asked for what and then he said that it would invite abusers.

Can you point out which message it was? I do speak french and I do not see any reference to abusers but I've might have missed it.

• @Edouard said:
    Can you point out which message it was? I do speak french and I do not see any reference to abusers but I've might have missed it.

I don't speak French but I did see the word "abuse" earlier.. or something similar. Looks like it was deleted?

• Nomad said: @vampireJ said: lol at ovh thinking bad of their customers.

I think they're just being realistic :D

online.net has 1gbps for their 1,99€ server. Did that thing invited abusers? Perhaps a few

• vampireJ said: online.net has 1gbps for their 1,99€ server. Did that thing invited abusers? Perhaps a few

I also feel like it would be really difficult to keep a 1gbps line busy the whole time. The CPU also kind of limits it..

(does anyone use more than 30TB/mo. on their kidechire?)

• So, these OVH dickheads just started charging me 20% VAT even though I'm not in the EU. This was an existing account, not a new one.

• pechspilz said: So, these OVH dickheads just started charging me 20% VAT even though I'm not in the EU. This was an existing account, not a new one.

Have you ever gone through the VAT removal process?

• @pechspilz said:
    So, these OVH EU dickheads just started charging me 20% VAT even though I'm not in the EU. This was an existing account, not a new one.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/35101/the-elephant-in-the-room-vat-rules-jan-2015#latest

• No, I never had to go through the VAT removal process on any OVH account (kimsufi, sys, ovh.com). I've been an OVH customer for years. Again, existing accounts that never had been charged VAT are now being charged even if you're outside the EU. It's clearly wrong and just another Oles f*ckup. I just cancelled my Kimsufi since you can't even contact billing dept to get the money back.

• pechspilz said: since you can't even contact billing dept to get the money back.

http://www.kimsufi.com/uk/support/contact_us.xml

Thanked by 1pechspilz
  • You know what, they may be dickheads but it's nice to get in touch with the CEO using DM on Twitter to rectify the situation.

• pechspilz said: You know what, they may be dickheads but it's nice to get in touch with the CEO using DM on Twitter to rectify the situation.

Have you actually resolved it via DM?

• I sent him the account details (it happened on multiple accounts). Realistically, he won't be able to do something until business reopens next week but that's fine with me, as long as I know that someone is taking care of it.

• pechspilz said: as long as I know that someone is taking care of it.

Hahaha someone taking care of anything at OVH

• :-) We will see next week. It happened to a non-EU friend of mine as well so they might get a ton of tickets in the meantime.

• @pechspilz said:
    :-) We will see next week. It happened to a non-EU friend of mine as well so they might get a ton of tickets in the meantime.

I think you are supposed to send an email with ID scan, electricity bill or sth to them.

Nevertheless, don't expect a useful reply. When I sent an e-mail long ago, asking "Why are Australians being charged VAT?" they responded something along the lines of "we are sorry for the inconvenience".

• Seriously.. 5.99 in total for a KS1. How about online.net, how fast are they in removing/exempting from VAT?

• @NeoGen said:
    Seriously.. 5.99 in total for a KS1. How about online.net, how fast are they in removing/exempting from VAT?

They just charge it or don't charge it based on your billing address. There's no extra process to go through like at OVH.

• Anyone think kimsufi will go back in stock with the ks-1? I missed it 2 days ago.

• @camjac251 said:
    Anyone think kimsufi will go back in stock with the ks-1? I missed it 2 days ago.

They restock every day IIRC, at least it says so according to their site. I suggest keeping an eye on the time they say it was last delivered; this will give you an idea of when/if they get restock and you can check it a few times a day or set up Distill to watch it.

• @Dylan said:
    They just charge it or don't charge it based on your billing address. There's no extra process to go through like at OVH.

Setup fee is the only deterrent with Online, else online seems to be a much better deal than KS1

• Looks like they've added VAT to my account, too. -_-

• Just tried renewing a KS-2 of mine, no VAT has been applied.

• KS1 in stock. But that setup fee makes me not to buy one.

• I've got a bill for 11.99 EUR for my KS-2, too, after actually going through the VAT removal process two months ago. I wonder how OVH survived the change from 1999 to 2000…

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @thehray said:
    KS1 in stock. But that setup fee makes me not to buy one.

Good decision, better buy Online

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @NeoGen said:

Online.net not using setup fees?

Dedibox® SC gen2 -> €5.99 / month + setup fees € 20.00
    KS-1 -> € 4.99 / month + setup fees € 9.99.

• @edan said:

setup

Depends on the dedi at online.net, some have a fee and some not.

Thanked by 1edan
  • thehray said: KS1 in stock. But that setup fee makes me not to buy one.

If you bought a KS-1, how long would you keep it for?

• @Nekki said:
    If you bought a KS-1, how long would you keep it for?

Mostly for few months . I keep testing things

• @edan said:

What about the 20% VAT that KS is never going to exempt.. I got a bill of 5.99 !