Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 81
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2014

im_jmz said: Kidecherie seem to be much harder to get, from my experience.

Not for me, I have been trying to get a kimsufi since they came on the market, OVH simply finds pretexts to refuse me every time. Last time I tried with the 3 Eur offer, i was rejected because I paid with paypal.

With online.net it worked the first attempt.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Maounique said:
    Not for me, I have been trying to get a kimsufi since they came on the market, OVH simply finds pretexts to refuse me every time. Last time I tried with the 3 Eur offer, i was rejected because I paid with

Just out of curiosity, do you sign up with your actual personal details?

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • xyzxyz Member
    edited December 2014

VIA Nano is faster than the Atom D425 (essentially a single core version of the N2800), even with HT. You'll see this in the respective CPU marks.
    N2800 is only better because it has two cores.

i686 vs x86-64 - not a fair comparison.

Kidecherie was only offered a total of 3 times from memory, and they sold out very quickly when they were, hence much harder to obtain for most.

Thanked by 1edan
  • @im_jmz said:
    Kidecherie seem to be much harder to get, from my experience.

edan can you access the My services page on the Kimsufi console or is it showing errors as well?

Yes I can access it :)

• @OVH said:
    If you confirm your cancellation request today, i.e. 22 Dec 2014, the effective cancellation date will be 31 Jan 2015. Your service will be permanently deleted on this date.

Please note: any cancellation request must be made before 11pm (Paris time) on the 19th day of the last month in your billing cycle. After this date, any cancellation request will be registered but will not take effect until the end of the period for which your services will have been tacitly renewed.

Any of you guys notice when this went into effect? I recall being able to cancel at any point prior to the next billing date previously.

• @Setsura said:
    Any of you guys notice when this went into effect? I recall being able to cancel at any point prior to the next billing date previously.

It was announced in http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread.php?30169-Order-Renewal-and-Payment-Method although for newer customers only.

• @ranpha said:
    It was announced in http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread.php?30169-Order-Renewal-and-Payment-Method although for newer customers only.

Been with them before that post was even made, sorta lame. Guess I'll find out how seriously they act on the whole "we may cancel all your services in all departments" thing. I'm certainly not giving them another 60EUR for some SYS stuff just because they feel like it after like, what, 5+ years of them letting you cancel whenever?

Though I'm not sure what to think now, after doing the cancel request it says that they will expire at the end of December, and that they will be deleted then. OVH never really was very good at enforcing their own policies I suppose.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Setsura said: Any of you guys notice when this went into effect?

I noticed from multiple announcement E-Mails they sent warning about the transition to the new renewal scheme. I assume you deleted those without reading?

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited December 2014

@rm_ said:
    I noticed from multiple announcement E-Mails they sent warning about the transition to the new renewal scheme. I assume you deleted those without reading?

I get so many emails from ovh I only read ones that are invoices. However I was indeed aware of the new renewal system, and I'm fine with it, I was not aware that it meant you couldn't cancel within a paid month anymore and they now attempt to extort you for an extra month if you don't cancel by x day. OVH has operated previously without that setup for years, and their system is so automated I know it causes no management overhead for them when people cancel at whatever time. It seems like a pointless addition to their overall fine system that serves to just make an attempt at garnering extra payments from people.

Nekki said: Just out of curiosity, do you sign up with your actual personal details?

I have two ways to sign up: Fake details, or company details. I sign with company details to take off VAT in EU as my company is VAT registered. The reason I was rejected was that I paid with paypal. They did not say Paypal is not allowed, only did so after they got too many orders and were slashing the undesirables.

• I've paid with paypal a few times, no issues. Is it because of your location?

They said people that paid with paypal will be refunded and they did. It was only for that offer and was not announced upfront, nobody could have guessed.

• Maounique said: They said people that paid with paypal will be refunded and they did. It was only for that offer and was not announced upfront, nobody could have guessed.

You are talking about that special completely messed up offer they had one time, right? I was rejected for that one too even if I already had servers with them.

I ordered their new KS1 later and I had no problems paying with paypal.

• ranpharanpha Member
    edited December 2014

There is a new 40GB KS-2c server at http://www.kimsufi.com/en/
    I wonder what is the price.

edit: Same price as other KS-2, so why 40Gb only?

• Probably SSD.

• theduncantheduncan Member
    edited December 2014

the french site says "40 Go SSD"

also there are KS-3's with 2TB hard disks, in stock

• The KS-3 now is i5-750 and stated as 2 TB.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

40 GB SSD is unimpressive compared to 2TB HDD for the same price (that many people get on the KS2 now). And really, what uses do you have for SSD on an Atom.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

i5-750 is crap compared to i3-2130 wich has more power.

• There is a i5-760 available for order at 150sk31 btw.

• Is the KS-2a downgraded now to 1TB instead of the 2TB?

edited December 2014

vedran said: You are talking about that special completely messed up offer they had one time, right? I was rejected for that one too even if I already had servers with them.

That was the last try I had with them, but I have been trying to get a dedi off them for many years before. Some of my friends managed and all have been dumped for a reason or the other, they are professional people, not the kind of kids with a game server, most of them being terminated for "DDoS" when they did not have protection, and on what, monitoring services and backup email servers?
    I thought OVH is only biased against romanians like everyone else, but they also called Uncle basically an italian hacker which they dont want to have anything to do with after terminating him without reason.
    Yeah, I hate OVH, but not for the reasons people were claiming, that they have a great product which will leave me poor and unemployed, I am already poor and will always be, I hate them because the way they treat people, yet it did not cloud my judgement, I refer to them victims of DDoS here, I know their strengths and weaknesses, I also monitor them for poor management and bankruptcy, I will be happy when they fail on one hand, and sad on another because they do keep prices low in EU, and as much as people think this is bad for prometeus, it is not because we have nothing to do with their market and we are happy the kids with gameservers and seedboxes go over there.

• edanedan Member
    edited December 2014

@Caveman122 said:
    There is a i5-760 available for order at 150sk31 btw.

Seems with 16GB RAM.

@Infinity580 said:
    i5-750 is crap compared to i3-2130 wich has more power.

When try to order it -> 16G Core i5-750 1x2TB Server. Seems more RAM

• @Caveman122 said:
    There is a i5-760 available for order at 150sk31 btw.

And it uses a lot more power. Seems like an odd offer for them.

• edanedan Member
    edited December 2014

Just snap the KS-3 with i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz. Confirmed if its 16 GB RAM with fresh 2TB HDD. Product code: 150sk31.

Passmark:
    All thread:  3927
    Single thread: 1198
    URL: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5+760+%40+2.80GHz&id=773
    # cat /proc/cpuinfo
    vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
    cpu family      : 6
    model           : 30
    model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760  @ 2.80GHz
    stepping        : 5
    microcode       : 5
    cpu MHz         : 2800.068
    cache size      : 8192 KB

top - 03:59:47 up 28 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.09, 0.05, 0.01
    Tasks: 114 total,   1 running, 113 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
    Cpu(s):  0.0%us,  0.1%sy,  0.0%ni, 99.9%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
    Mem:    15.696G total,  264.020M used,   15.438G free,   10.320M buffers
    Swap: 2046.996M total,    0.000k used, 2046.996M free,   45.820M cached

# smartctl -a /dev/sda
    === START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
    Device Model:     HGST HUS724020ALA640
    Serial Number:    PN2134P6K5XB6X
    LU WWN Device Id: 5 000cca 22decf6d5
    Firmware Version: MF6OAA70
    User Capacity:    2,000,398,934,016 bytes [2.00 TB]
    Sector Size:      512 bytes logical/physical
    Device is:        Not in smartctl database [for details use: -P showall]
    ATA Version is:   8
    ATA Standard is:  ATA-8-ACS revision 4
    Local Time is:    Wed Dec 24 03:57:41 2014 CET
    SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
    SMART support is: Enabled

# smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep "Power_On"
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       73

Not bad for €14.99 or $18-$19.

• Why does Kimsufi have different stock per country on the same server

• I get much better speeds from my KS-3 in BHS, I'd love one with a 2TB drive though...hmm

• @nexmark said:
    Why does Kimsufi have different stock per country on the same server

I guess they don't have the black technology to transport servers between countries.

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited December 2014

@msg7086 said:
    I guess they don't have the black technology to transport servers between countries.

http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/
    And
    http://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/

The Atom™ D425 For example, on the English version both locations are out of stock, while the french website has it available on one of the locations, while the US has none at all.

Maybe different section of the DC? Who knows.

Edit: just seen the hardware differences (Disk), Why don't they offer the same in US?

• Also if someone would like to sell me their KS-1 In BHS, Message me :)