Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 80
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• N0v3mb3r said: All, do you have a problem with My Services in kimsufi manager? I can't see all my server at there, there just showing me an error "this is not the url you looking for (license unknown)"

You mean here? https://www.ovh.com/manager/dedicated/index.html

I can see my kimsufi there.

• The Kimsufi manager is a separate panel to the OVH one, at some point OVH decided to give Kimsufi it's own.

https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/manager/?lang=en_GB is the one I think everyone's referring to.

• @Nekki said:
    https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/manager/?lang=en_GB is the one I think everyone's referring to.

Yup, that's correct @Nekki. http://i.imgur.com/gGlHpGe.png?1

• Cool. FWIW, I just logged into the panel and my BHS server is there.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited December 2014

Nekki said: The Kimsufi manager is a separate panel to the OVH one, at some point OVH decided to give Kimsufi it's own.

How did I not know that? It does not accept my credentials. :/ (yes I entered them correctly)

• 4n0nx said:

How did I not know that? It does not accept my credentials. :/ (yes I entered them correctly)

It's only for Kimsufi's bought after a certain date, I'm not certain, but I believe it's for all orders after they instigated the setup fee. My two GRA servers from the final pre-setup fee sales only show on the OVH manager you linked to, whilst my BHS server purchased after the setup fees were introduced only displays in the Kimsufi manager.

• Is it still not possbile to transfer Kimsufis? I have one of the original 4€/month N2800s expiring next month and could transfer it to someone if that's possible.

• gsrdgrdghd said: I have one of the original 4€/month N2800s expiring next month and could transfer it to someone if that's possible.

I don't think you can move those ones, probably ever. I'd guess OVH will be glad to see the back of them.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    I don't think you can move those ones, probably ever. I'd guess OVH will be glad to see the back of them.

Damn, I'd definitely take it..

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2014

For my needs a kidechire is better. Besides, OVH never wanted me as customer.
    At 3 Eur a month I would have taken an atom, at 4 I am already considering a decent VPS with a decent provider. At 5 I take the VPS.

Thanked by 1trexos
  • @Maounique said:
    For my needs a kidechire is better. Besides, OVH never wanted me as customer.
    At 3 Eur a month I would have taken an atom, at 4 I am already considering a decent VPS with a decent provider. At 5 I take the VPS.

^this

• Maounique said: For my needs a kidechire is better.

I dare say pretty much everyone other than the storage hungry would agree with you.

• @Nekki said:

Add CPU power :)

• edan said: Add CPU power :)

Is the Kimsufi basic Atom N2800 really that much better? If I wanted a decent chunk of CPU I'd probably for for a VPS if I was looking to stay in the same price bracket.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2014

I had today again a DDOS attack on my Gameserverbox, as OVH said it was going on 1 Hour, last time it was about 7 Minutes. And i must say, i just saw the impact, 3 mins later it was migrated, GS was back online but the DDOS was still going on as OVH said but everything was working smoth.

Seems like the filtering is working reallly good.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2014

Nekki said: Is the Kimsufi basic Atom N2800 really that much better?

Technically it is, since core-for-core the N2800 is a bit faster
    ...and then you also get two cores instead of one
    ...and then each of those also supports HT (so 4 virtual)
    It can be up to ~3-3.5 times faster on multithreaded tasks.

However in reality I haven't noticed that Nano is any slower, on the contrary I'd say it's turned out to be much better than I expected. My primary task for them is light web serving + SQL (web and DB on two different servers, same setup I had on KS1).

Also Nano supports the crypto acceleration, which will help if you host HTTPS websites (and which the Atom doesn't have).

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • edanedan Member
    edited December 2014

@Nekki said:
    Is the Kimsufi basic Atom N2800 really that much better? If I wanted a decent chunk of CPU I'd probably for for a VPS if I was looking to stay in the same price bracket.

Did you said kidechire isn't it? so compare it with that. Just find dedicated server with that price mark, the KS-1 (n2800) and at least with that CPU power :)

• edan said:

Did you said kidechire isn't it? so compare it with that :)

Not sure what you mean?

Anyway, @rm_ provided a decent summary, so it appears it comes down to whether you need to be able to deal with multiple threads or not, as to whether the KS-1 is worth the extra couple of Euro (if you don't need the additional disk, obviously).

• edanedan Member
    edited December 2014

@Nekki said:
    Anyway, rm_ provided a decent summary, so it appears it comes down to whether you need to be able to deal with multiple threads or not, as to whether the KS-1 is worth the extra couple of Euro (if you don't need the additional disk, obviously).

Every one has different requirements.

Kimsufi KS 1 (n2800) -> more disk space (usually fresh hdd), more cpu power, better DDoS. Very-very bad support.

Online.net kidechire -> 100gb backup, great bandwidth, and great support.

Personally I choose KS1 and perhaps if I need bandwidth+great support I pick Online.net, that the points. Sorry, english is my third language so lot of mess :)

• edan said: Sorry, english is my third language so lot of mess :)

That means you've still got 2 more languages than I have, so I'm in no place to judge.

I wasn't really going for a full comparison anyway, I was really just commenting on Mao's assessment.

Thanked by 2edan netomx
  • I have one Online.net kidechire for rent. PM me if interested. Paypal accepted

rm_ said: it's turned out to be much better than I expected

Same here, I have a Via C7 and it sucked compared to contemporary CPUs, even though only geode, maybe, had the same low power consumption. It does the job i need it to do (the C7) but it is no champion at all.
    I went for some benchmarks and the nano should have been way worse than the N2800, in reality, while probably not on par by any measure, it is somewhat 2/3, maybe 3/4 if you consider the crypto support. Another case in which benchmarks only tell part of the story.

Online.net really found the atom killer IMO, they wanted to prove they can do better than OVH and they did. I am almost sure OVH still loses money on those, probably as much as online.net does.

The only thing I cant compare is the DDoS protection since i never experienced it from the times of CS 1.6 when I was hosting a couple of servers at UMB (undermybed).

• Your user account has not yet been validated. -Just joined the party! Kimsufi - 2G N2800 1x500GB Server - 1 month

• edanedan Member
    edited December 2014

@rm_ said:
    Also Nano supports the crypto acceleration, which will help if you host HTTPS websites (and which the Atom doesn't have).

Serverbear :)

Nano http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/08/01/cKWNuLR5RWV87SCn

Kimsufi http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/07/26/vVmtcZYio46LZGpf

Yeah, if we are to judge from the benchmarks, the atom is more than twice as good, but in reality, the "feel" is like 33-25% better only.

• @Netxons said:
    Your user account has not yet been validated. -Just joined the party! Kimsufi - 2G N2800 1x500GB Server - 1 month

Not always http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/826637/#Comment_826637

@Maounique said:
    Yeah, if we are to judge from the benchmarks, the atom is more than twice as good, but in reality, the "feel" is like 33-25% better only.

That because you run non CPU intensive task I guest :) but any way the regular prices for Nano is €5.99 / month + 20.00 € vs € 4.99 /month + € 9.99 so KS-1 is still good deal actually.

Thanked by 1im_jmz

edan said: That because you run non CPU intensive task

Uhm, it depends. I am not mining, if that is what you think or do "grid computing" optimized to get the last bit of sweat from the cpus, but on maxed out atom i do some 500 GB on Tor (D525, not N2800, true, but still dual core) a day and i expect to do the same with Nano. From what I saw at spikes, it does that.

• Even if the CPU is twice as fast, for the price you can get 2 kidechires. Who pays regular prices anyway. ;p 2€ for kidechire and 4€ for kimsufi in my case.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Kidecherie seem to be much harder to get, from my experience.

@edan can you access the My services page on the Kimsufi console or is it showing errors as well?

• It's fixed for me now at least.