Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 78
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• Is anyone running a TOR relay on the KS-1? If yes, how much is your average bandwidth?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

TOR is not allowed at OVH so far.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Infinity580 said: TOR is not allowed at OVH so far.

Perhaps, but I know people that run it. They probably do not care as long as there is no abuse, or they dont now where to look.
    I bet copyright infringement is not allowed either but many people use those as seedboxes.
    Personally, I always look at the ToS/AUPs, but to each their own.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Maounique OVH told me its not allowed in ther TOS, it was also mentioned there.

I did not contest that, I just said that it is not enforced in practice.

• @Maounique said:

Thanks for this explanation! I have some learning to do...

• Anyone have multiple boxes in the same dc?
    if so what kind of speeds do you see for internal transfers?

I'm rsync'ng some files from 2 boxes @ BHS but i'm getting some odd speeds.

ex.. 136106307 100% 11.15MB/s 0:00:11

this normal? wont move from the 11MB/s files vary in sizes from 100mbs to 900mbs.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

iLLagHee said: wont move from the 11MB/s

A 100 Mbit server only provides 100 Mbit speeds, such amaze wow.

Thanked by 3netomx marrco ucxo
  • @iLLagHee said:
    Anyone have multiple boxes in the same dc?
    if so what kind of speeds do you see for internal transfers?

I'm rsync'ng some files from 2 boxes @ BHS but i'm getting some odd speeds.

ex.. 136106307 100% 11.15MB/s 0:00:11

this normal? wont move from the 11MB/s files vary in sizes from 100mbs to 900mbs.

Yes, it is normal. A 100mbit line would average 10MB/s if I'm not mistaken. and @rm_ seems to think so as well lol

• @rm_ said:
    A 100 Mbit server only provides 100 Mbit speeds, such amaze wow.

forgot about the 100 Mbit part of these, thanks.

iLLagHee said: forgot about the 100 Mbit part of these, thanks.

With online.net giving 1 gbps it is easy to forget :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Managed to get one KS-1 (N2800 with 500G HD) at Kimsufi, my account was validated but they never send a mail back after validated my account. Now installing the OS. This will be my off-site backup server for all my VPS.

• Anyone else noticing horribly slow download speeds with Kimsufi/OVH? I've never experienced a slowdown like this in the past... My home connection starts downloading at 2-7MB/s but quickly drops to about 300KB/s or less. My Ramnode VPS gets about 6MB/s. Kinda new, but how would I go about diagnosing this issue? Not sure if it's Comcast throttling me or what... Speedtest.net shows I get about 80Mbit/s down. It isn't just my KS-1 either, the proof.ovh.net files do the same thing.

• @im_jmz That's an issue with your ISP or the route. I have a 100mbps connection at home, and can't do better than 25mbps from OVH BHS. The route I get is saturated, especially at certain times of the day.

Not much you can do. Just means something is overloaded somewhere along the line. Check your traceroute and then match it up here when it gets slow: http://weathermap.ovh.net/usa

• @mikeyur said:
    im_jmz That's an issue with your ISP or the route. I have a 100mbps connection at home, and can't do better than 25mbps from OVH BHS. The route I get is saturated, especially at certain times of the day.

Not much you can do. Just means something is overloaded somewhere along the line. Check your traceroute and then match it up here when it gets slow: http://weathermap.ovh.net/usa

Yep.. sometimes/often my download speed was stuck at 16 mbit/s for no particular reason (only from OVH BHS kimsufi).

• @Infinity580 said:
    Maounique OVH told me its not allowed in ther TOS, it was also mentioned there.

Oh? My old kimsufi had nothing about TOR in its TOS and I ran it for an extended period of time. Only a relay, though.

• Just a headsup,

Kimsufi KS-1 servers with n2800 cpu's are currently available.

Geez, this is tempting... I currently have an Online.net SCG2 server.
    Should I get one too?
    :D

• Don't hesitate, buy.

Also, I'm merging this into the main Kimsufi thread after they've all sold out. No need for multiple threads on this.

• What even, after the KS1 order box the site ends for me...

• I am still choose SCG2 instead KS-1. The reason is online.net include 100GB backup, more bandwidth and possible request additional IP.

Thanked by 1linuxglobe
  • There is an installation fee. Makes it to 18€ :(

• thehray said: There is an installation fee. Makes it to 18€ :(

Still excellent valu, and it stops people buying them all up only to drop them a month later.

• But still. I would wait till Xmas and grab a kidechire

• thehray said: But still. I would wait till Xmas and grab a kidechire

Are they coming back at Xmas?

• @Nekki said:
    Are they coming back at Xmas?

More than likely; they like waiting for "holidays" to release the stock that hasn't been renewed.

• And ks1 sold out again !

• I have ordered one yesterday. Just got the Order Confirmation mail, nothing else.

• @foetti said:
    I have ordered one yesterday. Just got the Order Confirmation mail, nothing else.

That is weird, I've just ordered, and got all the servers info in minutes after payment (with paypal).

• Just got home, and ....

• I ordered and they requested a copy of my ID, credit card, some bill with my address and the signed order... seriously?