Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 82
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• do they sell KS-2 with 2TB hard Disks?

• im_jmzim_jmz Member
    edited December 2014

@theduncan said:
    do they sell KS-2 with 2TB hard Disks?

It's kind of a matter of luck. My KS-2 has a 2TB disk.

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root       1.8T  452G  1.3T  26% /

edit: just to add, IIRC Oles tweeted that 2TB was going to be standard for the Kimsufi line. Along with Gbit, I believe, but who knows how long that would be...

• I dont find this tweet?

• @im_jmz said:
    edit: just to add, IIRC Oles tweeted that 2TB was going to be standard for the Kimsufi line. Along with Gbit, I believe, but who knows how long that would be...

I think its just luck. I have ordered two KS-2 using two different product codes and both did not come with the 2TB drives.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2014

Hadriel said: I have ordered two KS-2 using two different product codes and both did not come with the 2TB drives.

And that why the OVH gods invented the setup fees, so people do not buy more to get the lucky number and then cancel the others. Or, they did that to get more money from these lotteries.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Saw some KS-1 available.. in case if anyone is interested

• I noticed that my KS-1 in GRA has quite slow upload. Only 30 mbit/s. :(

• My KS2 in GRA hits 25Mbit to my nearby speedtest (Indiananapolis), but 90Mbit in Paris of course.

• @im_jmz said:
    My KS2 in GRA hits 25Mbit to my nearby speedtest (Indiananapolis), but 90Mbit in Paris of course.

https://freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh

What are you getting from this? I can't get past Linode/JP..

• I will run it again, but last time I ran this (week or two ago) I had to comment those two lines out or it seemed to hang.

Download speed from CacheFly: 10.8MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 1.30MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 9.07MB/s 
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 7.44MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.9MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.45MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 8.02MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 7.82MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 10.3MB/s 
    I/O speed :  127 MB/s

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @4n0nx said:
    I noticed that my KS-1 in GRA has quite slow upload. Only 30 mbit/s. :(

Which rack?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited December 2014

NeoGen said: Which rack?

G131A17

@im_jmz said:
    I will run it again, but last time I ran this (week or two ago) I had to comment those two lines out or it seemed to hang.

Mine is a bit worse than yours, but the upload is slooooowwww.. only 2MB/s to Hetzner.

• @4n0nx said: G131A17

http://travaux.ovh.net/vms/index_gra1.html

Gr8.. so we are in same rack..

• NeoGen said: Gr8.. so we are in same rack..

Not anymore, it expired. :-) Finally I can sleep well at night, knowing my mail server is up and it won't take days to have my hard drive replaced.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

So, pulling files from RBX to Grav gives me up to 19MB/s, it seems like booth Servers are connected to Gbit? or its just that i so late again huh?

Thanked by 1im_jmz
  • My KS2 in GRA1 maxes out at 11.1MB/s. My KS1 in RBX5 maxes out at 11.2MB/s when sftp'ing a file from my KS2 in GRA1.

You must be lucky!

• I know some more of you have KS boxes...can we get anyone else to test this and figure out what the speeds are? @Infinity580 is getting 19MB/s and @4n0nx is getting horrible speeds and I'd like to figure out who is on what rack/DC and what the dealio is...

• KS1 in GRA1 max speed around 10 MB / s

• So I don't speak French, but someone asked him about Gbit on KS line and his reponse seemed to be no Gbit for KS line because of potential abuse? Anyone who speaks the language mind clarifying on what was said there; it's entirely possible I missed something.

• KS4 RBX1 - Rack: 14B03
    Max 11.2 Mb/s

Thanked by 1im_jmz

Rsync gives me up to 19MB/s, wget is limited to arround 12MB/s so it seems like a software issue? And yes the file was on the Server in RBX and transfered to Grav same as rsync.

• @im_jmz said:

So I don't speak French, but someone asked him about Gbit on KS line and his reponse seemed to be no Gbit for KS line because of potential abuse? Anyone who speaks the language mind clarifying on what was said there; it's entirely possible I missed something.

He asked for what and then he said that it would invite abusers.

Thanked by 1im_jmz
  • Does one get any discount if pay quarterly, biannually or annually?

edited December 2014

nvm

• exextaticexextatic Member
    edited December 2014

@tr1cky said:
    He asked for what and then he said that it would invite abusers.

This, and that SoYouStart has Gbit if you require it.

Thanked by 1im_jmz
  • lol at ovh thinking bad of their customers.

• @vampireJ said:
    lol at ovh thinking bad of their customers.

I think they're just being realistic :D

Thanked by 1netomx
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Infinity580 said: Rsync gives me up to 19MB/s, wget is limited to arround 12MB/s

rsync can use compression, wget can too, but that depends on the HTTP server.

Thanked by 2Neoon netomx
  • @Infinity580 said:
    Rsync gives me up to 19MB/s, wget is limited to arround 12MB/s so it seems like a software issue? And yes the file was on the Server in RBX and transfered to Grav same as rsync.

rsync compresses content and displays the bandwidth rate as if the content wasn't compressed.

Thanked by 1Neoon
  • Ks-1 available.