Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 85
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@Sylmae said:
    Could it be this link other ppl are monitoring - https://ws.ovh.com/dedicated/r2/ws.dispatcher/getAvailability2 ? How do I "read" that page? Say the code is "150sk30"... is the availability info below or above the line?

I would think it would be useless to be monitoring that page if you did not setup a script.. you're better off just checking the actual site.. Look through this thread I think there was a guide on creating a script that emails you when stock becomes available.

Actually found one github:

https://github.com/MA3STR0/kimsufi-crawler/blob/master/crawler.py

If you desperately need a server maybe order from BHS in Montreal. Seems stock is available.

http://www.kimsufi.com/ca/en/

• Here, I developed it myself as a side project.
    http://kimsufi.cf

uses fetch.js.
    it will alert you & redirect you to purchase page.
    have it open at work, at home, so you will be notified.

Thanked by 1Sylmae
  • NomadNomad Member

@Sylmae said:
    Any trick to ordering?

I'm using a Chrome extension that monitors http://www.kimsufi.com/en/ every 5 seconds and let's take KS-3 for example:

Yesterday the page says "Last server delivered: yesterday at 14:02". A few minutes ago I get a notification because the page now says "Last server delivered: today at 12:38" but there was no order button. I was in front of my PC when the event happened. So other ppl must be using a different / direct link to monitor and place an order.

I'm also monitoring https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/commande/kimsufi.xml?reference=150sk30 and no change there either.

What's the super secret link ppl are using these days?

I got mine that way, the extension works.
    Maybe they're writing orders that were finally verified and delivered long after being ordered.

• I accidentally ordered an extra KS-4. Is there any way I can get a refund for it while keeping the other? I haven't installed any OS on it.

Or do you guys want to buy it from me? Just PayPal me 20 euros every month or something...

• Can somebody explain me how to get a ks2 with 2TB?

• earlearl Member

@Die_Quelle said:
    Can somebody explain me how to get a ks2 with 2TB?

You buy 2 :p

Thanked by 3rm_ KwiceroLTD FrankZ
  • @Die_Quelle said:
    Can somebody explain me how to get a ks2 with 2TB?

It's just about you're lucky or not

• thanks @earl @comXyz

wish me luck :-P

Thanked by 1earl
  • @Die_Quelle said:

wish me luck :-P

Of course ;)

• ahmiqahmiq Member

Can someone please share the SSD I/O performance of Kimsufi SSD ?
    i am getting:

I/O speed : 47.8 MB/s

• @ahmiq said:
    Can someone please share the SSD I/O performance of Kimsufi SSD ?
    i am getting:

I/O speed : 47.8 MB/s

Bad performance.

• ahmiq said: Can someone please share the SSD I/O performance of Kimsufi SSD ? i am getting:

what ssd they using? and check host writes

• Kimsufi ks-2 has 3 types of servers. Can we choose or they provide at random ?

Atom™ N2800
    Atom™ D2500
    Atom™ D425

• NekkiNekki Veteran

victorqd said:

Kimsufi ks-2 has 3 types of servers. Can we choose or they provide at random ?

It's random, you'll get one or the other.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    It's random, you'll get one or the other.

Thanks, but its unfair. other 2 are half as good as Atom™ N2800 (acc to scores)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

victorqd said: Thanks, but its unfair. other 2 are half as good as Atom™ N2800 (acc to scores)

I agree, you have to vote with your wallet.

• ahmiqahmiq Member

@TarZZ92 said:

Hardware Class: disk
      Model: "INTEL SSDSA2CT04"
      Vendor: "INTEL"
      Device: "SSDSA2CT04"
      Revision: "4PC1"
      Serial ID: "CVPR14810AEK040AGN"
      Driver: "ahci", "sd"
      Device File: /dev/sda

prolly something is wrong because with my online.net 1.99 Euro server i am getting 70+MB/s

• edanedan Member

@ahmiq said:
    prolly something is wrong because with my online.net 1.99 Euro server i am getting 70+MB/s

That's normal actually http://ark.intel.com/products/56568/Intel-SSD-320-Series-40GB-2_5in-SATA-3Gbs-25nm-MLC

But the real world performance is the iops so just compare both.

Thanked by 1ahmiq
  • Seems KS-2 SSD's disk is Intel 320 40GB?

That looks well... may hunt one in the future.

• Do you know if you can move from a KS-2 to a KS-3 without paying the 10€ fees? I also wrote to the customer support, but God knows when they'll answer.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Issam2204 said: Do you know if you can move from a KS-2 to a KS-3 without paying the 10€ fees? I also wrote to the customer support, but God knows when they'll answer.

I can't see it myself. The setup cost is still there for them.

That KS-3 is a nice server though, I had one until that wicked Online.net offer came along.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • Kimsufi KS-2 servers where available around 5 PM in Canada. I was one of the lucky guy to grab one !!! Even if my old account was not found by the system and I had to make another one. So, all in all it took 45 mins from when I ordered and the server delivery. I was not expecting that !

Now, let's go play with it ;) hiiiha!

• Everytime I connect to Kimsufi to go to the manager webapp I see KS2 available. It has been so quite often for the last couple of weeks. Anyway, have fun :) @FredQc did you end up with 1TB or 2TB of hard disk?

• @Issam2204 said:
    Everytime I connect to Kimsufi to go to the manager webapp I see KS2 available. It has been so quite often for the last couple of weeks. Anyway, have fun :) FredQc did you end up with 1TB or 2TB of hard disk?

Well, I check everyday and this is the first time I see one available in BHS. I got the 1TB...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • CPU is the Atom D425........ shit #%*?%! So the only difference with KS-1 is the 2GB RAM upgrade ? -_-

• NomadNomad Member

@FredQc said:
    CPU is the Atom D425........ shit #%*?%! So the only difference with KS-1 is the 2GB RAM upgrade ? -_-

Nope. My KS1 has N2800 CPU. So, a CPU downgrade for me. (:

But as far as I know, they give random cpus.

• @Nomad said:
    But as far as I know, they give random cpus.

... but my invoice was not a random price...

• so? The site lists the LOWEST CPU you'll get, so you get what you pay for. Anything better is at OVHs discretion and not yours.

Thanked by 1Riz
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

FredQc said: the only difference with KS-1 is the 2GB RAM upgrade

And the 1TB disk vs 500GB. Also some get 2TB disks on KS2 (by luck).

• @William said:
    so? The site lists the LOWEST CPU you'll get, so you get what you pay for. Anything better is at OVHs discretion and not yours.

I just looked and they changed it apparently. You see a listing of all the possibilities you can get now. But still, you knew before, that you get one of them. It's transparent. As Nekki said you will have to vote with your wallet.