Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 87
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• FredQcFredQc Member

@Issam2204 said:
    I have it (Résilier--> from the French).

• @FredQc said:

Yes i had a similar problem with another account. In this case contact them by setheng them an email. Don't bother with tickets, they won't answer.

• I managed to order a KS-1 two days ago & paid via paypal. Order is still being processed !

The order 38612101 is being processed.

How much time they take to deliver ?

• For me it was less than 5 minutes (for both KS-2).

• @Issam2204 said:
    For me it was less than 5 minutes (for both KS-2).

CC or Paypal ? Its written instant delivery for CC. Do they take longer for paypal ?

• I once paid with CC and once with Paypal. Both were fast. I think they deliver faster for French and Belgians (I live in Belgium).

• @Issam2204 said:
    I once paid with CC and once with Paypal. Both were fast. I think they deliver faster for French and Belgians (I live in Belgium).

I thought that delay was only for account verification. nevertheless, i paid, so they must deliver. if anyone from kimsufi is here, please look at my order 38612101

• They never did any account verification for me, that is my point. But yeah, I heard of biblical times for account verification. Perhaps you can contact them: https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/support/nous_contacter.cgi

Last time I used it though it took them one month to answer. You'll get your server sooner I hope.

• I already did.

• akzakz Member
    edited May 2015

was just poking around in my kimsufi account while re imaging a server noticed that my KS1 has 2 x 2048MB RAM. Checked both my GRA and BHS both have the 4GB of ram. Anyone else?

edit: looks like free -m still shows 2GB prolly just a glitch in their web panel.

• teperteper Member

If Anybody want to sell their kimsufi ks1 account then please do contact me.

• @akz said:
    was just poking around in my kimsufi account while re imaging a server noticed that my KS1 has 2 x 2048MB RAM. Checked both my GRA and BHS both have the 4GB of ram. Anyone else?

edit: looks like free -m still shows 2GB prolly just a glitch in their web panel.

yeah , my panel too shows 2x2GB ram for ks-1 but actually its 2 GB only as shown by my webmin panel. but , its a 4 core server instead of advertised 2 core. is it normal ?

• @victorqd said:
    yeah , my panel too shows 2x2GB ram for ks-1 but actually its 2 GB only as shown by my webmin panel. but , its a 4 core server instead of advertised 2 core. is it normal ?

N2800 is 2 cores with HT, so it has 4 threads, not 4 cores.

• theduncantheduncan Member
    edited May 2015

Anyone here setup Docker on a ks-1, or -2? I have a Atom n2800, to cpu shouldn't be a huge issue. I am running Debian 7.8 with the default kernel.

I know there is going to be some issue to watch for in there somewhere, anyone have a nice tutorial on compiling the needed kernel? (that's hopefully in English)

• @teper said:
    If Anybody want to sell their kimsufi ks1 account then please do contact me.

Kimsufi servers are not transferrable ...

• CarpeCarpe Member

@theduncan said:
    Anyone here setup Docker on a ks-1, or -2? I have a Atom n2800, to cpu shouldn't be a huge issue. I am running Debian 7.8 with the default kernel.

I know there is going to be some issue to watch for in there somewhere, anyone have a nice tutorial on compiling the needed kernel? (that's hopefully in English)

fyi, the kernel for docker is in debian 7+ backport. enjoy.

• Carpe said: fyi, the kernel for docker is in debian 7+ backport. enjoy.

I was made to believe that OVH/Kimufi had kernel models they needed.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2015

theduncan said: I was made to believe that OVH/Kimufi had kernel models they needed.

No, the Debian default kernel should work fine, at least on KS1/KS2, and most likely other KSes too. After all these are single HDD servers and they don't use any weird proprietary RAID controllers or anything like that.

• berkayberkay Member

I'm having VAT on invoice when ordering at https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/commande/kimsufi.xml?reference=150sk10 even though I'm VAT exempt. Also tried if I'm really VAT exempt by ordering the KS-2 from old interface and at there no VAT gets applied to my invoice. Anyone experienced this?

I'm okay with paying it one time to just to get the KS-1, but if it applies VAT to every other invoice then I'll have to stick to the old interface.

• wychwych Member

@introducial why not just ask them to remove VAT?

• berkayberkay Member

@wych said:
    introducial why not just ask them to remove VAT?

They already removed it before. The problem is that VAT gets applied on the new interface, but not at the old one; and getting a KS-1 at the new interface is much easier if you have a payment method configured.

• berkayberkay Member
    edited June 2015

Never mind, got bored of waiting and went for a KS-2. Got a D425 with a 2 TB HDD at RBX1 which only has 43 power on hours.

Lol. I just also got a KS-1 at GRA. A nice, wasted €20. Who doesn't love that.

• berkayberkay Member

How can one cancel a server? I've searched the manager all and I couldn't found a cancel button for any server.

• J1021J1021 Member

introducial said: How can one cancel a server? I've searched the manager all and I couldn't found a cancel button for any server.

You just let it expire.

• berkayberkay Member
    edited June 2015

@kcaj said:
    You just let it expire.

Doesn't seem like that sadly, check the "Cancel a service" part of this: http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread.php?30169-Order-Renewal-and-Payment-Method

edited June 2015

@introducial Do you renew your server manually?

Apparently they still have two groups of customers: those who got transitioned to the autorenewal system, and those who didn't. If you renew manually, then you can simply not renew and let it expire. But if it was on auto-renewal and the fee was automatically charged each month, then you should have the Cancel button in there somewhere.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • berkayberkay Member

@rm_ said:
    introducial Do you renew your server manually?

Apparently they still have two groups of customers: those who got transitioned to the autorenewal system, and those who didn't. If you renew manually, then you can simply not renew and let it expire. But if it was on auto-renewal and the fee was automatically charged each month, then you should have the Cancel button in there somewhere.

Well, I just got that server yesterday so haven't gotten into any renewing process. I don't have a cancel button anywhere, but I have a renew button at my server's page.

• berkayberkay Member

Got the GRA server at RBX5 with almost 20k power on hours, they didn't have stock there probably.

To anyone who used both DCs, which is better network-wise? Or they don't have much difference?

edited June 2015

introducial said: the GRA server at RBX5

You what. These are two different towns, so what you said is like "got a London server in New York." Not to mention that they don't specify where you will get the server when you order.

Gravelines is better to the UK and a tiniest bit better to the US, while RBX is better to Europe in general, especially Central and Eastern. Also much of the Gravelines network goes via Roubaix first. So personally I'd prefer RBX between these two.

• I agree with @rm_

I live 100 Km from RBX and I can feel the difference with the other server (KS2) in GRA. Especially when I do video streaming (buffering, etc.) I see the difference. GRA instead is 200 Km distant.

As said, if you live in the continental Europe, RBX is better.