Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 88
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• J1021J1021 Member

Another thing to consider is that Gravelines doesn't have mitigation kit. If you server is attacked and requires mitigation, traffic will be routed via Roubaix.

• berkayberkay Member
    edited June 2015

@rm_

I know these are seperate towns, I guessed that they'll provide it at GRA, because when I ordered only GRA had stock. Didn't know that even after ordering it can send you to other DC.

Based on comments, RBX seems better as I'm in Middle East. Thanks everyone.

• PwnerPwner Member

@introducial said:
    rm_

I know these are seperate towns, I guessed that they'll provide it at GRA, because when I ordered only GRA had stock. Didn't know that even after ordering it can send you to other DC.

Based on comments, RBX seems better as I'm in Middle East. Thanks everyone.

Ordering a server in one DC doesn't give you the option of "sending it to another DC". It's just in this case, it appears GRA doesn't have certain infrastructure in place and requires part of the network to be directed through RBX.

• berkayberkay Member

@Pwner said:
    Ordering a server in one DC doesn't give you the option of "sending it to another DC". It's just in this case, it appears GRA doesn't have certain infrastructure in place and requires part of the network to be directed through RBX.

Part of the network? But my server provisioned in RBX instead of GRA, it's not about network. Or I missed a point?

• As far as I know you can't choose between RBX and GRA. What you can do is choose the country (France), then what happens happens.

• KS3 Grav1 with i5 3570s :D

• How does one place a request for removing VAT from a Kimsufi account? Does one simply ticket it in, or does one have to write it in their forum? I placed a request via ticket on 19th June while ordering the server, but there hasn't been a response yet.

• lucastlucast Member
    edited June 2015

one day.. one day... It was to be n2800
    (photoshop)

• @Droidzone said:
    How does one place a request for removing VAT from a Kimsufi account? Does one simply ticket it in, or does one have to write it in their forum? I placed a request via ticket on 19th June while ordering the server, but there hasn't been a response yet.

I requested VAT removal at same time i sent my documents. 3 days later i got my account verified and VAT removed. send an email to their support quoting your handle

• victorqd said: send an email to their support

Mail id?

• Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • PwnerPwner Member

I didn't even request it, after I emailed my documents, they told me that VAT was automatically removed from my account since it didn't need to be enforced.

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • vx_vx_ Member

Has anyone ordered the KS-1 recently? I finally managed to snatch one thanks to the Chrome extension and was wondering how long it'll take them to process the order...

• vx_ said: Has anyone ordered the KS-1 recently? I finally managed to snatch one thanks to the Chrome extension and was wondering how long it'll take them to process the order...

I bought one three days ago. Since they didn't automatically provision, contacted support, and they allocated the server within three hours.

Thanked by 1vx_
  • Anyone here in the UK able to connect to OVH RBX (RBX1) I'm on Orange/EE home broadband can't even ping their main site.

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: I'm on Orange/EE home broadband

That's the problem! they are useless

• @TarZZ92 said:

Usually is fine.

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: Usually is fine.

Strange. they are probably the worst ISP in the country.

• Can anyone benchmark KS-3?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Seems like you can transfer them now, at least if you got one from the early ones in your OVH Account:

• @TarZZ92 said:
    Strange. they are probably the worst ISP in the country.

TalkTalk are the worst, but EE/Orange make that a real achievement :)

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • tehdan said: TalkTalk are the worst, but EE/Orange make that a real achievement :)

So what's the best ISP for heavy home usage?

I've only experienced virgin media so far and it's like a wild train ride. Ups and downs all the time plus upload speed sucks on Home Broadband 30mb down, 3 mb up, lol.

How am I supposed to upload my winblows isos with such enormous speed?

TarZZ92 said: Strange. they are probably the worst ISP in the country.

• @GM2015 said:

Use 4g instead? I've got three and I use a vpn to mask my tether data, so I can achieve around 10mbit+ when uploading through the tether

• @GM2015 said:
    So what's the best ISP for heavy home usage?

I use Zen - they do unlimited usage, static ips (you can get 1 or a /29) and have finally launched an IPv6 trial. It's BT back haul so as with most UK ISPs you're dependent on them for the last mile.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited August 2015

GM2015 said: So what's the best ISP for heavy home usage?

Virgin, i get 300Mbps almost constant (x2 160Mb minus some overheads) using the new arris CMTS

160Mb/12.4Mb each connection soon to be double that DL (300Mb/15Mb)

sc754 said: Use 4g instead? I've got three and I use a vpn to mask my tether data,

not the best idea, Jitter will be quite high.

tehdan said: TalkTalk are the worst, but EE/Orange make that a real achievement :)

From what i understand talktalk do not throttle youtube, EE does to 5.4Mbps as with most other things, they also block mail.

tehdan said: I use Zen - they do unlimited usage, static ips (you can get

Virgin have some kind of strange IP setup where it literally never changes unless you change CMTS or do not connect for a week or so. i have had the same IP for years (its tied to MACs).

• @TarZZ92 You're pro-Virgin, I can see :). But can you help @GM2015 with the poor performance he's experienced? If Virgin is poor in his area, he'll want to either fix it or look for a DSL provider...

• Moved entire families mobiles off EE this week. Avoid worst customer service, speed is fine if you use a VPN

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Moved entire families mobiles off EE this week. Avoid worst customer service, speed is fine if you use a VPN

How much data do you push? My 4G is 50mbps for my full 20Gb allowance.

• @wych said:
    How much data do you push? My 4G is 50mbps for my full 20Gb allowance.

50Mbps it's enough for what I used it for. But I went in shop the other day and to gain double speed 4G (aka remove the speed limit) you have to pay £3/mo extra

• tehdan said: If Virgin is poor in his area, he'll want to either fix it or look for a DSL provider...

or he could go fibre optic. but if his speeds are all over the place it could be post rs errors or congestion (likely the first one)