Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• Seems like they are throthling torrent traffic, really unstable download and upload speeds. This didn't happen in 2013 when i also had one of their cheap boxes..

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

joodle said: Seems like they are throthling torrent traffic, really unstable download and upload speeds. This didn't happen in 2013 when i also had one of their cheap boxes..

seems fine on my server using utorrent and btsync try change your connections limit on utorrent

• wychwych Member

@joodle check your connections limits and depending what software your using force encrypted traffic on.

• @wych said:
    joodle check your connections limits and depending what software your using force encrypted traffic on.

Nvm. Uploading a new movie now with ~9 mb/s

Drops to 4-5 mb/s sometimes though

• wychwych Member

@joodle said:

Pub or Private tracker?

• @wych said:
    Pub or Private tracker?

Public

• wychwych Member

@joodle said:
    Public

Could just be seed limits.

• rds100rds100 Member

Run iostat. Maybe the HDD is having hard time seeking. Is there iowait?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • wychwych Member

@rds100 said:

Good point.

• I'm still waiting on validation almost 2 days later. No reply from them, despite emailing twice.

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

Yup, order 27784### here and still waiting to hear back.
    I ordered a Canadian box as well, so having to wait to be rejected is twice as bad!

• @rds100 said:

avg-cpu:  %user   %nice %system %iowait  %steal   %idle
               7.04    1.78    3.38   18.40    0.00   69.40

Device:            tps    kB_read/s    kB_wrtn/s    kB_read    kB_wrtn
    sda             409.37      6389.34       576.02  544515131   49090112

• rds100rds100 Member

@joodle yep, the HDD is trashing hard.

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

Could someone with the N2800 please run the following for me please!
    openssl speed

Interested to see how a dedicated atom compares to a shared xeon.
    Cheers!

• kyakykyaky Member

I submitted my drivers license and bill copy to their email for account verification and VAT removal. After 2 days waiting, I haven't got any reply from them. Is this how slow their customer servicing is?

• earlearl Member

@kyaky

Yes, sales is pretty slow! I'm still waiting for them to re-verify me again..

If I recalled from the last time they pretty much replied every other day and they are off on weekends. May take up to a week before they actually set up your account!

• @rds100 said:
    joodle yep, the HDD is trashing hard.

Is this because it's an old disk? I have no experience with disks whatsoever

• Lets hope they haven't fucked up again like they did with the 3 euro servers...

Thanked by 1earl
  • rds100rds100 Member

@joodle it's because of the nature of the torrent traffic - you are trying to read from random places over the disk, many times a second. This requires seeking, which takes time. The iostat output shows that the disk is currently delivering around 400 IOPs, which is really pushing the limits of the mechanical drive. Actually 400 is high, it's probably because the data is still close enough on the disk so the seeking is only a few "cylinders" away, and not full seeking from end to end.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @rds100 said:
    joodle it's because of the nature of the torrent traffic - you are trying to read from random places over the disk, many times a second. This requires seeking, which takes time. The iostat output shows that the disk is currently delivering around 400 IOPs, which is really pushing the limits of the mechanical drive. Actually 400 is high, it's probably because the data is still close enough on the disk so the seeking is only a few "cylinders" away, and not full seeking from end to end.

Ah, thanks :)

• EdouardEdouard Member

@kyaky said:
    I submitted my drivers license and bill copy to their email for account verification and VAT removal. After 2 days waiting, I haven't got any reply from them. Is this how slow their customer servicing is?

Today is holiday in France, I guess that if you add a huge amount of orders, it makes things slow.

• wychwych Member

@Edouard said:
    Today is holiday in France, I guess that if you add a huge amount of orders, it makes things slow.

Support and Sales on KS range just seems slow.

• Seems like with rTorrent + RuTorrent it seeds at a constant 9-10 mb/s..

• @joodle said:
    Seems like with rTorrent + RuTorrent it seeds at a constant 9-10 mb/s..

I'm getting about the same results, however it's only 100mbit with no SLA, and I don't get the full 100 on a speed test.

• kyakykyaky Member

@earl said:
    kyaky

Yes, sales is pretty slow! I'm still waiting for them to re-verify me again..

If I recalled from the last time they pretty much replied every other day and they are off on weekends. May take up to a week before they actually set up your account!

They don't look like a "low-end" provider but their response speed is really low-end. Any provider on LET could response much quicker.

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited May 2014

@Edouard said:

good to know. thanks. what holiday is that?

• rds100rds100 Member

@kyaky with the labor laws in France i doubt they could do much better. Unless they want to outsource the support to India or something like that, which would bring a whole new set of problems.

• @linuxthefish said:
    I'm getting about the same results, however it's only 100mbit with no SLA, and I don't get the full 100 on a speed test.

I'm currently getting this on RuTorrent + rTorrent

• @BluBoy said:
    Could someone with the N2800 please run the following for me please!
    openssl speed

Interested to see how a dedicated atom compares to a shared xeon.
    Cheers!

http://p.linuxthefish.net/Zonv

Thanked by 1BluBoy
  • iceTwyiceTwy Member

@joodle said:

I do get 11.2MB/s with Deluge too. Good enough for a 6€/mo dedi.