Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• isalemisalem Member

@David_P said:
    You pay the VAT fee one time?... It's not even that much? lol..

Problem is not with VAT, i would defo pay the VAT for this month if that was to fix it, problem is that we can't pay at all since the account isn't validated yet.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

For me the extra VAT would be important, I can order it for the company and the VAT should be removed, does anyone know if they allow you to order in company name?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Maounique said:
    For me the extra VAT would be important, I can order it for the company and the VAT should be removed, does anyone know if they allow you to order in company name?

Yes, you specify at order time if its as a business ot infidel. :) I mean individual.

Thanked by 2netomx Maounique
  • sc754sc754 Member

The i3 is now available in France.....

• rds100rds100 Member

@Maounique they allow it and remove the VAT, but they still wanted scanned ID and scanned credit card, so i told them to ...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2014

jeromeza said: How the hell am I supposed to complete my order if they don't validate it within the timeframe they require. SIGH...

Simply order again when they complete their validation. Expired orders are not a problem to anyone, certainly not to OVH. Back when Kimsufi was merged with the main OVH accounts, they weren't even able to remove VAT from already existing orders/invoices (not sure if they can now), and were asking everyone not to pay their first invoice and let it expire, then just reorder the same server again after the VAT removal is enabled for the account.

• rrrrrr Member
    edited May 2014

Anybody please tell if VAT is for individuals and is it one time or monthly? I am from India.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2014

VAT is short for value added tax and it taxes everything to the end consumer. However, it applies only to EU citizens which have VAT treaties with EU, so, no problem for indians. You will have to ask them to remove VAT for you since it is there by default, is only removed by hand after verifications. At least this is what I read so far.

rds100 said: but they still wanted scanned ID

ID of what, of the company? That is no secret, I can send it to them, the nice paper I have from the registration and even the VAT number award paper which I got later. I also have a card in company name, but under no circumstances will it be sent to them, nor face neither verso.

• rds100rds100 Member

Maounique said: ID of what, of the company? That is no secret, I can send it to them, the nice paper I have from the registration and even the VAT number award paper which I got later. I also have a card in company name, but under no circumstances will it be sent to them, nor face neither verso.

Although it is a company, there is still a person name to represent it. They wanted the ID of the person whos name was on the order i guess. But yes, sending them scanned copies (front and back) of the credit card too. Here is what they wrote:

Dear Customer, We have received your payment corresponding to the order no. 2200**** and we would like to thank you for choosing OVH services. For your security, we need to check the information that you have provided to us and especially the information related to the billing contact. Therefore, we would like to ask you to provide us within 24 hours the following documents to enable us to validate your order: If it's an order on behalf of a company: an extract of the incorporation certificate of your company a copy of ID of the billing contact of your company (passport, driving licence) a copy of the credit card, obscuring all but the last four credit card numbers for your security Please send us these documents within 24 hours. If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact us. OVH Customer Support
  • J1021J1021 Member

When I made an order via OVH for a VPS last month I sent them a bank statement and phone bill, no photo ID and they were happy enough to accept that.

• ahmiqahmiq Member
    edited May 2014

I am really happy my first atom dedi :D , with UL BW

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

nimdy said: I think a link has been posted on this thread explaining the process. It seems tricky though.

Indeed....couldn't get it to work with RescuePro, in fact I can't even boot into Rescuepro, it let me select that option, reboot and the machine never comes back again.

1e10 said: I have transmission-daemon installed too ;)

Ah, that's why, pretty good traffic flow.

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

I understand it is a long weekend there (why do they always do this before a long weekend?), but could someone explain what I should do with an expired signup (waiting on verification).

Will they still verify my ID and create my account, or just ignore the request, as it is marked as expired (even though it is waiting for their response!)

• @rrr said:
    So they charge 3 pounds vat all months? I am from India.

you pay VAT every month, but only if you live in Europe

• NoxxyNoxxy Member

Could those with a server (the 5 euro one) be kind enough to post what HDD (model) you got. I would appreciate it.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited May 2014

@Noxxy said:
    Could those with a server (the 5 euro one) be kind enough to post what HDD (model) you got. I would appreciate it.

TOSHIBA DT01ACA050

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited May 2014

@Noxxy in GRA (previous €2.99/month batch) I got a TOSHIBA DT01ACA050. In this batch I got the same machine in RBX with a ST500DM002-1BD142.

• ahmiqahmiq Member

@Noxxy said:

it is: Model Number: TOSHIBA DT01ACA050

• PerttiPertti Member

@Noxxy said:

RBX5: Hitachi HDS72105

• NoxxyNoxxy Member

Thank you!

• tehdantehdan Member

I was very surprised to see that they are (all?) 3.5" drives - would have expected 2.5" given the density OVH racks at..

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2014

Apparently cheap 2.5" drives are less durable in 24x7 usage than cheap 3.5" drives.
    Not to mention they are slower and more expensive.
    And the size of an HDD isn't going to make that much of a difference, and if it will, then you're not leaving enough space to cool the HDD properly (and no it doesn't make a lot of sense to water-cool HDDs).

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited May 2014

Anyone have an idea what this 'create installation template' does?

• @1e10 said:
    Anyone have an idea what this 'create installation template' does?

I've played around with it, and it seems to do absolutely fuck all...

Thanked by 2DeletedUser hostnoob
  • J1021J1021 Member

I can't imagine Kimsufi willing to take a 500GB snapshot of your drive on a £5/m product.

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited May 2014

@1e10 @linuxthefish
    its seem to let you create custom template such as setting hostname,ssh key and Post installation script

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

No validation yet

• rds100rds100 Member

Who wants to bet what will be the new Kimsufi offer when the current stock runs out?

I think it could be based on the Intel J1800 / J1900 processors.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

rds100 said: I think it could be based on the Intel J1800 / J1900 processors.

maybe they might try AMD for a change.

• rds100rds100 Member

@TarZZ92 yeah, but which product? I haven't seen any good new product from AMD in the last couple of years.