Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing/Hudson Valley Host - where is my REFUND? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing/Hudson Valley Host - where is my REFUND?

Comments

• love4cars4234love4cars4234 Member
    edited January 2014

@jbiloh said:
    No refund is available on the first server order because there is no justification for it.

Delivering 2 weeks late with wrong configuration, refusing to help for days to fix the problem, Ernie blaming on ColoCrossing for the speed issues and stating he cannot help me due to CC not helping HVH, calling me foul names, HVH & CC exchanging my personal information without my consent - all of these are invalid justification according to @jbiloh.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • @TimM said:

Thanks for retracting your comment Tim. I won't say much more of what you've mentioned in the IRC chat room as I am pretty sure "certain people" will not be happy with you. Best of luck with your business.

• I am new with card processing and Q is how is possible to charge HVH client credit card without HVH client knowledge (he wanted server from Hudson Valley Host not from ColoCrossing).

And also if client purchased two servers (for using TWO servers) from one location with purpose (one production and one backup server - i guess) delivering one server is still not delivered what client pay, i guess next scenario will be pay for two HDD get one, pay for ssd get pata.

• Common all of you guys, why dont just get him refund.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited January 2014

@jbiloh said:
    No refund is available on the first server order because there is no justification for it.

What kind of company do you run? One that can't provide on time and prefers to see your customer's leave unhappy, Or admit you or HVH or what ever company this comes under... Are wrong and refund the OP 100%, Then at least the OP would of left without any of this even happening, I am sure Colocrossing is big enough to issue a few hundred $ refund.

• @jbiloh said:

You may believe that two weeks for one server to be delivered is OK - but it doesn't change the fact that the original order should have been refunded in full.

The OP ordered two servers for a reason. He didn't order one server. He ordered two servers. As far as he is concerned, the order was never completed in time.

Of course the debate on failure to deliver from HVH is now moot, since as we have found out, the order was wrongfully processed by another company (yours, Jon) with whom the OP had never agreed to have business with.

• Informative hour

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=4e36a1a14bf9eac5b6931b5058a2fd2b&t=1306899

Free lesson about how to talk with customer - Thanks to Burst.Net

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@love4cars4234 said:
    Monster - of course, that is why I just completed BBB complaint.

No harm in that but it's really pretty meaningless. The BBB is a private organization and participating by companies is voluntary. The BBB makes its money from companies who join and not surprisingly, tends to protect them from bad ratings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Business_Bureau#Criticism

Even if they were 100% neutral: how many people check the BBB before ordering a server? How many people even know the BBB exists...

Thanked by 2MannDude mpkossen
  • @raindog308 said:

single user's probably never do, although its a good resource; but id bet larger business sure do. its at least worth it for the OP to get this story out there.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Can we work on getting the post title changed? I think @love4cars4234 mentioned something about this also being a complaint with ColoCrossing. Need to make title as accurate as possible so it is valuable to the reader. @mpkossen

love4cars4234 said: Hey guys, how can I edit my thread title so I can add "ColoCrossing" to be more accurate? As ColoCrossing pocketed my money directly, I think the title could be misleading. I would like to have CC & HVH both in my title. Thanks!

• @jbiloh said:

Its hard to have a good reputation, its very easy to have bad one. Does cc need his money that badly? Is cc I'm debt or something? How much do you gain from keeping his money, ask yourself how much cc will lose from it? Perhaps you don't care since you just work for them?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I'm going to take a few more minutes on this issue because I feel that it's very important that it's understood just how much care and attention the customer has received. Yes there was a delay in provisioning especially the second order (more on that below) and ColoCrossing was at fault there. A refund is not being withheld on the first server just to be tough, the service was delivered, used, lots of support was dedicated to it, etc.

So, let's review:

1. The customer received his first server, used it, and then complained about throughput. Nothing could be found wrong with the device so HVH conducted a free OS reload as a safe measure. Customer complained that speedtest.net results were not good enough. It was advised that speedtest.net is not a good indicator of network performance (no one will tell you it is) and that we would be happy to investigate further but customer refused to entertain the idea.

2. At some point after placing his first single server order the customer ordered again. This order was delayed initially because ColoCrossing was waiting on a shipment of parts to arrive and then later delayed because the customer asked for a refund. ColoCrossing is at fault for the supply shortage delay.

3. The following offers have been made to the customer to make the situation right:
      3a. Refund in full of the second server order (the customer has only had the 2nd machine about a week)
      3b. One month free on both orders at HVH
      3c. When the customer emailed me on the side I offered to work with him directly at ColoCrossing instead of through HVH (this was along the lines of conversation that CC has all US based staff, which he indicated as important to him). As a gesture of good will I offered him not 1, but 2 months totally free for both servers at ColoCrossing.

Generally I have very little to do with retail consumer orders because my job has me focusing on other areas of the business, but in this case I was especially attentive in our efforts to go well beyond the call and make the customer happy. I exchanged numerous emails and provided my number for further discussion. That's the type of attention which a 1-2 dedicated server customer very rarely gets at most of our competitors.

Back 9 years ago, when I was a year into running Velocity Game Servers (our first domain was 4velocityservers.com ahah, not the best, I know) I found myself enjoying a period of tremendous growth. Velocity quickly grew to be the second largest game server provider in North America (behind a MUCH larger gameservers.com, then called clanservers.com). That rapid success caused me to develop a bad habit of not exerting 100% effort, 100% of the time. That caught up to me and just as intense as Velocity's meteoric rise, the numbers came down hard and fast (caused by my lesser effort and CS 1.6's decline). I promised myself then that I would never again let up, never again would I not take the time to speak with every single customer that wanted to speak to me. That's why I live by my phone and anyone who wants my number has it. I share this story for the first time anywhere online because relatively little is known about me (though much is talked about) -- and I hope getting personal here helps everyone understand who I am and who we are at ColoCrossing; a good group of people working hard to provide a world class service. We're especially proud that we've helped make higher resource VPS more affordable over the past few years, too!

I think all diatribes like this one should end with a look within and in this case I know some things could have been done better. Since Black Friday ColoCrossing has been behind on filling orders -- that should be resolved this coming week. More importantly, as it’s already widely known on LET, ColoCrossing has an interest in HVH, but that is not clear from the HVH website. We’ll be addressing that this week by adding more information to http://hudsonvalleyhost.com/aboutus.php.

We’ll keep working to best the best we can be. Thanks folks.

• @jbiloh
    Saw this in IRC and thought you would like to know

Thanked by 3Mun DalComp Jeffrey
  • @Spencer said:
    jbiloh
    Saw this in IRC and thought you would like to know

How do I make my skype looks like yours? The current theme is ugly.

• @NodePacket I bet you couldnt get a pen to that contract fast enough...

Selling cookies door to door is one thing, but..

edited January 2014

Oh man, here comes @jbiloh spreading lies about me once again. I don't know why he's doing this publicly to humiliate himself over and over. Jon Biloh, I know you already accessed my account over on Hudson Valley Host (without my consent) and read all the tickets. So how is it you are lying about the information that is in front of your eyes? Seriously? Let me show you guys how wrong he is on every single thing he has mentioned in his post.

1) Jon Biloh claims I have "used" the server but the truth is I have not had the chance to use the server because it was delivered on 1/14/2014. I paid on 1/3/2014. Right away, I noticed the speed was not right so I opened the ticket same day of receiving it. Ernie somehow fixed the problem but noticed I was having trouble with the OS so I requested for re-install which took them 1 day. And after re-install OS, I noticed I was having SAME speed issue again as before. So I opened up a ticket again. By this time, it was already 1/16/2014 and I would get responses such as below regarding the speed issue:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comes 1/18/2014, still not fixed and they kept dying of being problem. Jon is keep using "speedtest.net" to rule against me but I have used at least 4+ other ways to test speed and I was well getting below 100mbps while I ordered 1gpbs. And mind you, before the re-install of OS, I was hitting 500+mbps.

Starting on 1/18/2014, I officially requested for refund as they could not solve my problem. After waiting for 2 weeks to get this server, I was upset and angry to receive lack of solution. So to Jon's #1 false claim of me "using" the server - you guys tell me how I even had time to use it after seeing what I have written. Since then, I haven't even logged into the server. So I want to see some kind of log from their side which states I have "used" their server.

2) Jon Biloh claims I ordered 2 servers at different times. This is false once again. See below of my ordering invoice, it is evident I have ordered BOTH servers at the SAME time, on 1/3/2014. I don't think there's more to say but to see my invoice below:

3) Jon Biloh claims I have had the 2nd server for a "week". This is false. One day after opening this thread, they finally delivered the 2nd server to me, even though I have repeatedly told Ernie I was not interested and I wanted a refund. Once again, see below of the next "invoice due date" for the 2nd server, you can clearly see that it is due on the 2/24/2014 which means they have delivered the 2nd one on 1/24/2014. It took them exactly 3 weeks to deliver this 2nd server.

4) Jon Biloh is trying to save illegal issues by making it sound like it is okay to swap my personal (customer's) information, my name, address, credit card number, etc etc between Hudson Valley Host and ColoCrossing even though I have CLEARLY purchased servers from Hudson Valley Host ONLY. And as you can see, he has written up 100% lies about me. I don't know what his true intentions are at this point, but I am feeling like he is trying cover up his unethical dishonest business behaviours by spitting out false claims in hopes I will shut my mouth. But how could I stay quiet if Jon is doing nothing but attacking my morals? Jon, you tell me where I have spread lies about you in this thread. So why are you doing this to me? Now you are attacking me on the personal level and this is not okay. What are you trying to get out of this situation by lying about a customer on the internet? Really?

You guys decide.

Do you have any ticket replies between the 14th and 16th? The other side of the fence has a history of lying under their belts, so I don't think anyone believed them for a minute. Hope you can get all your money back, you certainly deserve it after all of this run around.

• OMG cc

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2014

If the invoice to paypal didn't clearly state CC, which it did, it would probably be called money laundering. Anyone feel free to correct that. However, keep in mind their name was on the paypal invoice and so technically you did enter into a financial relationship with them with your consent. That said, it's been made clear here for a while that the secrecy of it is anything but appreciated.

Thanked by 3darkshire nocom MonsteR
  • ChumbiChumbi Member
    edited January 2014

@jarland said:

name was on the paypal invoice and so technically you did enter into a financial relationship with them with your consent. That said, it's been made clear here for a while

Prior to forming a financial relationship, you need to enter into a binding contract. The OP did enter into a contract with HVH by signing up on their website and confirming an order of two servers. He did not enter into any contract with CC. In fact, the relationship with CC was only revealed after the OP agreed to the TOS and completed the order. Neither before, nor during, nor after the completion of the order had he any say in whether he would actually agree to have a financial relationship with CC or not.

The HVH TOS erase any doubt that the OP would be dealing with anyone else but HVH (emphasis mine):

Order Forms

Our site uses an order form for customers to request services. (128 bit encryption). We collect sensitive information which is used only for our purpose, not (sic.) third party receives any type of information from us.

http://www.hudsonvalleyhost.com/tos.php

So how is it possible that CC - a third party - has all the information required to produce an invoice right after the completion of the order?

Seriously, it stinks.

Thanked by 2love4cars4234 nocom
  • ToadyusToadyus Member
    edited January 2014

One word "Chargeback"!! If cc won't refund your money, then take it up with your credit card company they can reverse the transaction.

Thanked by 1nocom
  • i have problem to read cc terms&cond

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/colocrossing.com

• from this thread json:

"CountViews":14478,"Closed":0,"Announce":0,"Sink":1

;)

Thanked by 2ryanarp Mark_R

@jbiloh is there a reason this thread is being set to sink. I guess that is one way of dealing with getting called out.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • My Bookmarks 1

edited January 2014

@Darwin said:
    from this thread json:

"CountViews":14478,"Closed":0,"Announce":0,"Sink":1

;)

@Darwin, but where do you see this and what does it exactly mean?

And who changed my thread title because yesterday I was told changing it would be an unlikely thing to happen. I want to make sure my title includes and spells out COLOCROSSING & HUDSON VALLEY HOST - just like that instead of HVH/CC.

At this point, it is evident that they are only going to refund 1 server but I will not give up the fight from my end to get the other refund.

@Chumbi - you are exactly right, I was not aware I was signing with ColoCrossing as I talked to Ernie right before the purchase and paid him via HVH portal only. Honestly, I thought ColoCrossing was another business name for HVH. Kind of like their official state business name but was wrong. It wasn't until I had problems with the 1st server's speed, that I found out HVH had an "upstream" and was controlled by someone else which was CC.

• put a .json after "discussion" in the url, like http://lowendtalk.com/discussion.json/20550/hvh-cc-my-nightmare-story-with-ernie-refund-me-pls

Sink is a thread attribute that means your thread isn't going to be bumped up when someone posts here. Go to LET front page and see that this thread is literally sinking.

• @love4cars4234 said:
    Chumbi - you are exactly right, I was not aware I was signing with ColoCrossing as I talked to Ernie right before the purchase and paid him via HVH portal only. Honestly, I thought ColoCrossing was another business name for HVH. Kind of like their official state business name but was wrong. It wasn't until I had problems with the 1st server's speed, that I found out HVH had an "upstream" and was controlled by someone else which was CC.

I had my Serverhub thread title changed. I think that sets a precedent. If this thread is indeed set to sink, I think you'd be well within your rights to open a new one. Would be interesting to see who set the thread to sink.

You may have more luck with a thread on Webhostingtalk if you don't have one open already.

• sinking post with 15K views - very smart decision

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Yes I already have a thread on WebHostingTalk and I also have one on VpsBoard.

There are a few of you telling me to do the chargeback. I was going to do that today as all I did so far was to put a hold onto the credit card as my bank recommended. However, after receiving some PMs from concerned readers, I have been advised NOT to do the chargeback. And here is why. I guess in this hosting industry, once a customer does a "chargeback" then that goes against the TOS hence the company will no longer be responsible for doing the refund as the customer went against the TOS.

If I had to guess, that is why Ernie from HVH wrote me an email out of no where yesterday, starting it off with "Did you file for a chargeback...." to figure out if he could use TOS against me or not. Although I already read HVH's TOS and have it saved on my computer, I don't want to fall into their lying traps anymore. Plus, remember I paid to CC so who knows when/how they could alter their TOS even though I have it saved too.

Thanked by 1darkshire