Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing/Hudson Valley Host - where is my REFUND? - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing/Hudson Valley Host - where is my REFUND?

Comments

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited January 2014

love4cars4234 said: Correction, I have NOT received $$$ yet into my credit card. This is a lie.

I am not attempting to defend ColoCrossing/HVH but it can take 2-5 days for a refund to appear on your card or sometimes a couple days longer depending on your issuing bank/provider.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • netomx said: I don't think you can give those orders

It's not an order, the admin of a site is reponsible for his team's actions...

Thanked by 1love4cars4234
  • Ok I thought I might give some input here since I have some prior experience with HVH, and after this know I will never have them as a provider.

A long time ago, I was a reseller with "ShockingHost". The owner was a nice guy and help me out at the time. Then they got bought out by a company named "Hudson Vally Host". Everything ran fine for a good while. During that time as well I was evaluating my 1st Dedi provider (YAY). I do know some have frowned on the use of limestone, but they have provided extremely good services. I may just be a customer who got lucky?

Moving on, HVH decided to claim that LSN at the time didn't have DDoS protection. Basically we had some issues regarding that and null routing. At that point we had not used LSN YET. They also were trying to sell their Dedi's that were at HostDime (RESELLER). While we have had DDoS issues since then, we have not have an extreme number of null routes and ironically, LSN is now doing dedicated DDoS protection.

So from that ramble, I can say Ernie either lied or showed an extreme bias point of view. Also from experience, the "Mike" employee is the System Admin, and maybe a few other job titles. Tried to charge me like 30 or $60 for an hour once on something (memory is fuzzy).

So it is obvious now they are just making $$ off C.C. and H.D. for all dedi's. I also got a visit a few minths back from someone in HVH who was decided to leave based on how HVH operated. To put it short, HVH has some sort of "management team" that does all the hard work with Ernie sitting on his thumb. This was posted on WHT a while back if I was told correctly. I won't mention who it was, but some may know

I do not wish for anyone to try to correct my memory or knowledge, nor care for any flaming about it. This is posted as I know it and I don't care further on it. I only wish I had some popcorn for the to-be funny remarks I know will continue due to the absurd attitude displayed so far.

Also I hope you get your refund as based on what I have seen, your entitled to it!

Have a nice day..

• 2-5 days?, always under 15min with sms included from my end /low talk

not sinking for me

is @ernie also without capability to talk with customers

OP already posted bank decided to put a hold on it in case ColoCrossing pulls more money out on this page

some serious problems with reading, delivering, charging and communication from HudsonVallleyHost

• mpkossen said: I believe there was a very short period this was set to sink and it may even have been by accident

I will quote you so you can re-read what you wrote. Do you really believe that it was an accident?

Thanked by 2love4cars4234 Mark_R
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2014

@Darwin said:
    I will quote you so you can re-read what you wrote. Do you really believe that it was an accident?

This is why no one can trust this site. Sure it was fixed but...you have to throw a fit first. Usually that's one of my roles. Glad you guys beat me to it.

• I could honestly not give a shit about what is exactly going on here, all I wanna know is who changed the topic? Like, really? What, the, fuck.

• love4cars4234love4cars4234 Member
    edited January 2014

I don't know if this really matters or not but I opened this thread under 'PROVIDERS' section but now it's under 'GENERAL' section.

Since you decided to un-sink this thread, changed my title without my consent over 10 times, why don't you move it back to where it belongs too?

PS - on phone with bank and confirming once again that not even an ATTEMPT of refund has been made by ColoCrossing.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • @love4cars4234 said:
    I don't know if this really matters or not but I opened this thread under 'PROVIDERS' section but now it's under 'GENERAL' section.

Since you decided to un-sink this thread, changed my title without my consent over 10 times, why don't you move it back to where it belongs too?

PS - on phone with bank and confirming once again that not even an ATTEMPT of refund has been made by ColoCrossing.

You won't see anything till they close a processing batch, typically ~24 hours minimum.

A refund is typically different than a sale as a sale will do a pre-authorization which you will see instantly at the bank. The refund just happens at batch closure.

• hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep

Havent used vanillaforums before, but all the other forum ( phpbb, smf etc. ) keep a log of all the administrative actions, finding who made changes to the topic would not be difficult.

Whether they want to disclose that information is another story, and if topic change was done without consent, it would not reflect well on them. But in the end. CC ownz this forum so they are pretty much entitled to do what they want? as far as I understand anyway.

• @hbjlee17 said:
    Whether they want to disclose that information is another story, and if topic change was done without consent, it would not reflect well on them. But in the end. CC ownz this forum so they are pretty much entitled to do what they want? as far as I understand anyway.

That is why there are other forums that exist, which they don't let us link to, or mention by name.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Seriously this is disgusting. What the fuck?.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

o/

I vote to change the title again, just to confuse the masses

• gsrdgrdghd said: So @mpkossen who is responsible for changing the thread title to "ColoCrossing/Hudson Valley Host - I got my refund"? Give names or it will be assumed that you are responsible for it.

Calm down now... What's with the worked-up mentality here?

It would have been me that changed the title. I usually change thread titles once issues have been resolved. I was a little too fast, as I though the OP would have instantly seen the refund.

love4cars4234 said: I don't know if this really matters or not but I opened this thread under 'PROVIDERS' section but now it's under 'GENERAL' section.

The 'Providers' section is for provider announcements, 'Reviews' is for reviews. Most of the other stuff goes into 'General', which is where this thread belongs. If you want it in reviews, fine by me.

Threads in 'Providers' are sometimes sunk as they are sometimes abused a way to get around the offer limit (this is going to change, by the way).

@Darwin said:

Yes, I do. Like I said, if anyone wanted this thread to disappear, it would have been gone already. And it could have been moved to 'offtopic', out of the public eye. We could have even changed the thread title and just not listen to people complain (as it's just a rare few that are complaining in here, some doing is just for the fun of it). Seriously, why would we set it to sink on purpose, knowing it would be noticed?

netomx said: I vote to change the title again, just to confuse the masses

Hehe, it would be funny. But there's a bunch of people here taking it a bit too seriously, so I wouldn't dare make a joke.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • VPNVPN Member

Well. It just took me about 40 minutes to read the whole thread as it is so far and it is a very good read.

I think the main issue here is not so much CC but more HVH.

Yeah HVH may be a company branded and run under CC but ultimately it would appear that Ernie Quick is responsible for HVH and it's associated customers.

As @jbiloh has pointed out a couple of days ago, CC are going to look into HVH to see why and how this happened and what can be done to prevent it happening again. Clearing up and correcting the ToS on HVH would be a good start so customers know they are paying CC through HVH.

I don't want to sound like I am standing up for CC here but I think people need to take a step back and calm down. Stop all this CC bashing. Some of the people on LE* join discussions just to bitch about CC.

@love4cars4234 It would be great if you could update us as soon as you see HVH's alleged refund on your account.

• OkieDoke said: I don't want to sound like I am standing up for CC here but I think people need to take a step back and calm down. Stop all this CC bashing. Some of the people on LE* join discussions just to bitch about CC.

Amen to that. Somehow, when someone has an issue with UrPad, nobody mentions RootLevelTech (or wants it in the thread title) even though their people are all over the place. But when it's ColoCrossing, people do suddenly do want it all over the place.

• @mpkossen said:

Amen to that. Somehow, when someone has an issue with UrPad, nobody mentions RootLevelTech (or wants it in the thread title) even though their people are all over the place. But when it's ColoCrossing, people do suddenly do want it all over the place.

What do you expect? When the OP had an issue, HVH sent him over to ColoCrossing. It was ColoCrossing who was calling the shots (a refund isn't possible, bla bla).

Thanked by 3wrox MonsteR Jeffrey
  • @Chumbi said:
    mpkossen said:
    What do you expect? When the OP had an issue, HVH sent him over to ColoCrossing. It was ColoCrossing who was calling the shots (a refund isn't possible, bla bla).

I believe they just said their upstream had supply issues. In any case his issue was still with HVH.

• I believe some people may live in a parallel world or maybe Biloh must be paying pretty good.

Read the last paragraph, where your boss was transparent for the first time about HVH/CC promiscuity.

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8996103&postcount=76

Do you really think that most of us like to bash CC? Do you think that we have some kind of pleasure when we see CC in a shitstorm?

Of course not. I, as many here, don't have anything personal against CC (other than I am not going to do any business with them), but I hate injustice and customers being treated like crap, like the OP was.

I think most of us like this place, but can't tolerate all those shady things that are happening these days.

edited January 2014

CC accepted the payment directly, means CC had the money. You guys calm down. I won't. Person who takes money has money. Person who takes money issues refund. Deal with it. You can twist words however you want to make you happy. That's how it went down.

If I had a beef with RLT you'd hear it too but I don't now do I? Don't bring in failed examples to defend your employer. I like you @mpkossen (translation, don't take this personally) but you know as well as I do who received the money and who had to issue a refund. Unless Ernie controls CC's paypal? Then we've got bigger legal problems to discuss.

If Party A controls both product delivery and payments, Party B is hardly worth talking to. Party B would refer to Ernie who clearly has 0 to do with his business besides a whmcs login.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n Mark_R
  • @jarland said:
    CC accepted the payment directly, means CC had the money. You guys calm down. I won't. Person who takes money has money. Person who takes money issues refund. Deal with it. You can twist words however you want to make you happy. That's how it went down.

How many chocolates will make you forget who had the money?

@peppr said:
    How many chocolates will make you forget who had the money?

Precisely 6. If you make it 20, I'll actually switch sides. A man has to eat.

• So I would guess the "Alex" guy OP spoke with is this guy here?

http://vsnx.net/alex-vial.php

• jarland said: Precisely 6. If you make it 20, I'll actually switch sides. A man has to eat.

lol

• Damn, ran out of popcorn before I got through page 5

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @zhuanyi said:
    So I would guess the "Alex" guy OP spoke with is this guy here?

http://vsnx.net/alex-vial.php

Also known as sysadmin on LET forums :)

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Darwin said: Do you really think that most of us like to bash CC? Do you think that we have some kind of pleasure when we see CC in a shitstorm?

Yes. Not most people and not necessarily you, but yes.

jarland said: I like you @mpkossen (translation, don't take this personally) but you know as well as I do who received the money and who had to issue a refund. Unless Ernie controls CC's paypal? Then we've got bigger legal problems to discuss.

Fair enough. I stand corrected.

I do still personally feel this was blown out of proportion, but that's something we'd better discuss in private.

• fhnericfhneric Member
    edited January 2014

@Darwin said:
    Read the last paragraph, where your boss was transparent for the first time about HVH/CC promiscuity.

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8996103&postcount=76

If CC, HVH, CVPS, and all it's shell companies were transparent like this all the time, I can guarantee people wouldn't be so quick to bash them. Maybe @CVPS_Chris, and @jbiloh are learning, only time will tell. And yes, I bring @CVPS_Chris into this because of his shady involvement with CC, maybe he can provide some insight.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Omg just stop.

Can someone bring CC's janitor? He may help, too