Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing/Hudson Valley Host - where is my REFUND? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing/Hudson Valley Host - where is my REFUND?

Comments

• love4cars4234love4cars4234 Member
    edited January 2014

Hey guys, I am currently too busy filing complaint forms. I have also called my bank, they suggested I put a hold on my credit card in case they re-bill me automatically without my consent as it sounds like a dishonest company. The bank also told me that I should file for a complaint on http://www.ic3.gov (haven't done it yet) & file a complaint with my state (in which I already did). Forgot to add - they told me to specifically file complaint against ColoCrossing as that's who I paid to.

I see that 2 customers have already filed a complaint against ColoCrossing on BBB - but both time the company weaseled through. Maybe that's why @jbiloh is being oddly too confident? Because he thinks he will always forever win? Maybe he is right, we will see.

I didn't know but my friend who's currently attending law school, told me ColoCrossing, Hudson Valley Host violated few laws of "Consumer Law". Who knew? So he told me last night I have a good chance of winning if I keep filing complaints. This is the route to go.

Anyways, I will update if I find out more.

PS - @jbiloh, I am NOT okay with you putting words into my mouth and putting lies on here stating that I am only trying to get a refund because I simple do not need the service. I am REFUSING your dishonest, scammy service. You & Ernie need to STOP portraying me as a "bad guy" as I have done nothing wrong. Still no apologies I see?

PPS - @GreenValueHost, please do not ask me to PM you ever again. I am sorry but you have done nothing but waste my time via PM.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I don't even know what to say, so I'll just let you keep talking.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2014

@jbiloh said:

R...e...f...u...n...d.

You could say that. Alternatively, you could....do that....like he requested from the beginning. You can just say nothing and remind everyone here that it's business as usual at velocity servers...not much has changed over the years.

• @love4cars4234,

I hope you get your money back, and from the looks of things - an apology, as well.

• @jbiloh said:

Although I think @love4cars4234 is getting a little bit carried away, there isn't really anything you can say in public or private which is going to improve the situation unless that is to offer a refund.

• @jbiloh - Thank you, appreciate that. People who have done the crime usually don't and shouldn't have much to say. Just keep on checking this thread out.

@virtovo - I know, this sucks big time. I have never been in this kind of situation and I hate being in it. But what more can I do? He won't refund me. I don't trust their dishonest company. I refuse to put my personal information/belongings on their servers. I hope you can understand? :(

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited January 2014

@love4cars4234 said:
    jbiloh - Thank you, appreciate that. People who have done the crime usually don't and shouldn't have much to say. Just keep on checking this thread out.

virtovo - I know, this sucks big time. I have never been in this kind of situation and I hate being in it. But what more can I do? He won't refund me. I don't trust their dishonest company. I refuse to put my personal information/belongings on their servers. I hope you can understand? :(

If you really want to be filing anything, lodge a complaint with the BBB. To clear away any layers of mud, that complaint would be lodged against VSNX Corporation / Velocity Servers Corporation.

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited January 2014

@love4cars4234 said:
    I didn't know but my friend who's currently attending law school, told me ColoCrossing, Hudson Valley Host violated few laws of "Consumer Law". Who knew? So he told me last night I have a good chance of winning if I keep filing complaints. This is the route to go.

I suppose that constitutes legal advice.

Oh wait, your friend's in Law School, not on the state bar. So that's something they should know they can't give without potential consequences.

Secondly,

He delivers me a server speed of 100mbps port although I've paid for 1gpbs and cannot fix it

ethtool -s eth0 autoneg off && ethtool -s eth0 autoneg on

Thirdly, if you're going to blank out your name on your tickets, make sure to include ALL occurrences, not just the most prominent ones.

• @Virtovo said:
    If you really want to be filing anything, lodge a complaint with the BBB. To clear away any layers of mud, that complaint would be lodged against VSNX Corporation.

Thank you! I am going to do both BBB & IC3 complaints.

Credit card company just called me, they wanted more information about ColoCrossing. This is getting strange, they seemed very (maybe too) concerned about this company. I can't help but to wonder how many customers they have screwed in the past.

edited January 2014

http://www.bbb.org/upstate-new-york/business-reviews/internet-services/velocity-gaming-servers-in-buffalo-ny-235969066/

Not like they care. They run so many brands most people won't bother to look up the original company name that all the others are just DBA for.

edited January 2014

@Rallias said:
    Thirdly, if you're going to blank out your name on your tickets, make sure to include ALL occurrences, not just the most prominent ones.

Thank you for your warm welcoming. Ernie has already called me out by my first name, so I guess at this point it doesn't really matter if my name is out in the open. I was mainly concerned about my last name so did I miss a spot on that? If I did, oops! :)

Oh, and "potential consequences" should be only applied to ColoCrossing/HVH as I have done nothing wrong.

Have a nice weekend! :)

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited January 2014

@love4cars4234 said:
    Have a nice weekend! :)

Well aren't you charming.

love4cars4234 said: Oh, and "potential consequences" should be only applied to ColoCrossing/HVH as I have done nothing wrong.

Unqualified legal advice is something that can be sued upon in some states. In Missouri for example, LegalZoom got in big trouble for doing legal work without being on the state bar. There's a reason IANAL is so commonly used on the internet, and it's not because all of them are into... ahem.

Also, rule #1 about tech support.

"I'm going to sue you"

"Have a nice day sir. Our legal department will get in contact with you at a further date."

edited January 2014

@Rallias said:
    Unqualified legal advice is something that can be sued upon in some states. In Missouri for example, LegalZoom got in big trouble for doing legal work without being on the state bar. There's a reason IANAL is so commonly used on the internet, and it's not because all of them are into... ahem.

So the new colocrossing employee is here to talk down to the guy who has just been asking for a refund because he's been brushed off for weeks. Is this going to be a new norm for you or is it unintended that you came across this way? I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt.

• jarland said: new colocrossing employee

I'm not ColoCrossing employ. @jbiloh never got back to me regarding that item.

@Rallias said:
    I'm not ColoCrossing employ. jbiloh never got back to me regarding that item.

Alright then. Can't blame the guy for being a little rattled right now, it shouldn't be this hard to settle this situation.

• jarland said: Alright then. Can't blame the guy for being a little rattled right now, it shouldn't be this hard to settle this situation.

He was offered an exit strategy where he gets what he wanted, he refused, at this point I'm going to question the legitimacy. I apologize if I sound stark.

• @Rallias said:
    He was offered an exit strategy where he gets what he wanted, he refused, at this point I'm going to question the legitimacy. I apologize if I sound stark.

So he was offered a refund and didn't accept?

Thanked by 1love4cars4234
    edited January 2014

@Rallias said:

I thought he was only offered the server. I didn't see a refund mentioned. After what he's dealt with how could he sleep at night with that as his production server? Knowing how long it took and how far he had to go to reach a resolution for the FIRST transaction. Who in their right mind would provide this client only resolutions which result in a continued relationship? How much compassion and humanity must one lack?

• ChumbiChumbi Member
    edited January 2014

@Rallias said:
    He was offered an exit strategy where he gets what he wanted

Wrong! He wanted to exit (get a refund and leave), but neither HVH nor Colo were willing.

What the heck does Colo have to do with that anyhow?

• he never signed up with ColoCrossing

• yet ColoCrossing appears in his billing statement

• when asked for the business address, HVH gave them the business address of ColoCrossing

Did the OP get into an agreement with ColoCrossing or with HVH when he signed up for their services? If the agreement is between the OP and HVH, what legal right does ColoCrossing have to bill the OP to begin with?

he refused, at this point I'm going to question the legitimacy

He refused to accept a free month or two; any responsible person who is not after some freebies but after responsible hosting would have done the same after what has happened.

• Virtovo said: So he was offered a refund and didn't accept?

@GreenValueHost said: PM me the specs of the servers you have, if they're what we need I'll pay you the cost you paid HVH and I'll ask to have your servers pushed to our account and problem solved

He was offered an exit strategy. I didn't say refund.

edited January 2014

@Rallias said:

That's not an exit. That's an extended stay at the expense of the hotel. If the roof caves in I'm not accepting two nights free, I'm going somewhere where they know how to put on a damn roof.

edited January 2014

Rallias said: He was offered an exit strategy where he gets what he wanted, he refused, at this point I'm going to question the legitimacy. I apologize if I sound stark.

Excuse me, please do not put words into my mouth. Exit strategy is def what I've been wanting, to get the hell away from ColoCrossing/HVH faaaaar as possible. Where in this thread do you see where I request/want 2 free months? Did I plead for technical help or did I plead for a refund since opening this thread? My ONLY WANTING has been 1 thing and 1 thing only - A REFUND.

Question for legitimacy? Please elaborate because you are not making any sense.

• jarland said: That's not an exit. That's an extended stay at the expense of the hotel.

It's an exit strategy that provides him with his money back. That's what he asked for from the onset.

edited January 2014

@Rallias said:
    It's an exit strategy that provides him with his money back. That's what he asked for from the onset.

Elaborate on how money is exchanged back in his direction by the party who took the payment, by any resolution offered.

• jarland said: Elaborate on how money is exchanged back in his direction by the party who took the payment.

He paid money out. He got an offer to receive an equal amount in. That is getting his money back. That he refused such an offer casts doubt on the legitimacy in my eyes.

@Rallias said:
    He paid money out. He got an offer to receive an equal amount in. That is getting his money back. That he refused such an offer casts doubt on the legitimacy in my eyes.

He was offered no such thing.

• @Rallias said:

Wasn't he offered, If you stay with us we will give you a few months free? Doesn't seem like that is heading towards any exit...

• Rallias said: It's an exit strategy that provides him with his money back. That's what he asked for from the onset.

Money back / Refund - when $$$$$ comes back into my credit card to whom I paid to ColoCrossing stated on the HVH invoice.

What I have asked for from the onset - to put the $$$$ back into my credit card.

Once again, stop putting words into my mouth and acting like you know it all. You did not go through I went through. You can't win.

Thanked by 1wrox
  • DylanDylan Member
    edited January 2014

@Rallias said:
    He paid money out. He got an offer to receive an equal amount in. That is getting his money back.

If you're saying getting two months of free service is the same as being refunded... that is the strangest definition of "money back" I've ever heard.

• MonsteR said: Wasn't he offered, If you stay with us we will give you a few months free? Doesn't seem like that is heading towards any exit...

Yes, that was the HVH offer. You're ignoring the GVH item I had in the post you quoted.