Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment Dispute with DedicatServer.RO - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Payment Dispute with DedicatServer.RO

12345679»

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2023

@Arkas said: I think it's there because his name here ends with _RO?

It is exactly because of that. Putting dedicatserver.ro would have been already going above and beyond the normal mentioning of a country in other threads (pretty much zilch). Fully mentioning the country makes me think of an ulterior motive as it is NOT practiced let alone standard.

When I would see:

Hetzner Germany vs OVH France/Ireland/US/Canada/etc. vs Contabo Germany vs Netcup Germany, which one might be the Worst?

Then I would think this is normal, so, a mod changing the title to reflect the country would have been acceptable.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Maounique said: Then I would think this is normal, so, a mod changing the title to reflect the country would have been acceptable.

The title contained Romania If I remember correctly from the beginning. No mod did it intentionally. I think it is because the company name is extremely generic, it sounds like 'dedicated server', so the addition of the country was probably placed there because it is advertised as such here on the forum and because of the generic sounding name of dedicat server by itself. There is no conspiracy going on here :smile:

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited January 2023

@Arkas said:

@Maounique said: I am curious whether putting the country in the thread title is normal practice or only refers to Romanian hosts?

That's a fair point. I think it's there because his name here ends with _RO? Isn't that how he advertised his business? If not, then I will remove the country name as it is not fair to condemn a nation in the title because of 1 provider.

In this case the thread has nothing to do with Romania as a country or as a nation. This thread was about a specific provider which happened to be located and established in that country. A business location should never be a secret; this is public information available to everybody. Let's not derail or escalate this into a nationwide debate; it's just a provider which could have been established in any country of the world, while business location should never be a secret.

EDIT: We had providers going down or acting weird from other locations too. The country, any country, is not at fault for how the business itself is managed.

EDIT2: If we go down this path, let's remove "dedicat" from title because dedicated servers should not be treated with disrespect; let's remove "server" because we love servers around here; let's remove "romania" because we do not wish to disrespect a nation; let's also remove "dispute" because we must think positive and accept only constructive criticism in modern snowflake era; but let's just keep "payment" because this is actually related to payment. Do you want to go down this path of censoring?

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • TrKTrK Member

Let's begin LET Conspiracy theories, shall we?! I am off to restock popcorn this gonna be interesting!

edited January 2023

@Arkas said: The title contained Romania If I remember correctly from the beginning.

Which, even if true, coming from a well known Putlerist should have raised some eyebrows.
    That being said, it is a mod changing the title, it is not standard practice, dedicatserver.ro should have been much more than enough to indicate the country, even if we take at face value the "argument" there could have been confusions with another DedicatServer (not dedicated as in English) company in some other country.

Anyway, I got my answer, thanks.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited January 2023

@Arkas said:

@Maounique said: Then I would think this is normal, so, a mod changing the title to reflect the country would have been acceptable.

The title contained Romania If I remember correctly from the beginning. No mod did it intentionally. I think it is because the company name is extremely generic, it sounds like 'dedicated server', so the addition of the country was probably placed there because it is advertised as such here on the forum and because of the generic sounding name of dedicat server by itself. There is no conspiracy going on here :smile:

It’s a little bit of exaggeration considering .ro stands for Romania, but I’d just change it to .ro out of respect for the Romanians here.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Title changed. I hope this is sufficient to satisfy everyone. Thread will be closed shortly.

• fishy fishy fishy

@SirFoxy said: out of respect for the Romanians here.

There should be no reason to change out of respect or disrespect. We should only think of standard practice:
    1. Is it normal to indicate the country by ANYONE?
    2. Do moderators changing titles are following standard procedure?

Don't get me wrong, I know this is happening against Romanians the world over, even as we didn't invade nor occupy other countries, I was just curious whether it is standard practice here in general. I have seen only titles like "xyz is scam don't buy". People don't usually mention the country, so I was thinking it should apply to Romanian cases as well, especially when the title has been changed by a mod. I guess I was wrong so it is normal to expect the usual "treatment" as everywhere else. Orders denied for no reason given, extra hoops required, "name and shame", etc.

Fine. np.

Thanked by 1AuroraZero
  • @Maounique said:

@SirFoxy said: out of respect for the Romanians here.

There should be no reason to change out of respect or disrespect. We should only think of standard practice:
    1. Is it normal to indicate the country by ANYONE?
    2. Do moderators changing titles are following standard procedure?

Don't get me wrong, I know this is happening against Romanians the world over, even as we didn't invade nor occupy other countries, I was just curious whether it is standard practice here in general. I have seen only titles like "xyz is scam don't buy". People don't usually mention the country, so I was thinking it should apply to Romanian cases as well, especially when the title has been changed by a mod. I guess I was wrong so it is normal to expect the usual "treatment" as everywhere else. Orders denied for no reason given, extra hoops required, "name and shame", etc.

Fine. np.

To be fair everyone judges everyone.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited January 2023

@Arkas said:
    Title changed. I hope this is sufficient to satisfy everyone. Thread will be closed shortly.

It seems countries are not allowed to be in title so they may not be offended. Thank you for going down this path of censorship. I bookmarked this thread to protect other nations too in future.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

Nice read of drama of the new year 2023.
    @jsg was behaving like a dick, @dedicatserver_ro takes advantage of the support from LET'ters and thinks it's a great idea to dox him, at the very end, Never trust jsg nor dedicatserver. You can either be slandered/defamed without a reasonable timeframe or you can be doxed.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

The original title was "dedicatserver Romania fraud/stealing", acknowledged by the provider themselves.

I took away the "fraud/stealing" part as it was incorrect, and changed it to what it is now.

To be fair, you just can't please everyone.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@default said: It seems countries are not allowed to be in title so they may not be offended. Thank you for going down this path of censoring. I bookmarked this thread to protect other nations too in future.

Are you serious? In one post I'm indirectly accused of profiling by country and asked to remove it. I did. Now you are telling me I am censoring the thread...
    YOU ALL ARE GOING TO DRIVE ME NUTS!!!
    :rage:

• @FatGrizzly said:
    Nice read of drama of the new year 2023.
    @jsg was behaving like a dick, @dedicatserver_ro takes advantage of the support from LET'ters and thinks it's a great idea to dox him, at the very end, Never trust jsg nor dedicatserver. You can either be slandered/defamed without a reasonable timeframe or you can be doxed.

Don't forget how snoflakes started complaining now about their country being involved, so title was changed with removing the country's name, just to protect their national pride.

• @Arkas said:

@default said: It seems countries are not allowed to be in title so they may not be offended. Thank you for going down this path of censoring. I bookmarked this thread to protect other nations too in future.

Are you serious? In one post I'm indirectly accused of profiling by country and asked to remove it. I did. Now you are telling me I am censoring the thread...
    YOU ALL ARE GOING TO DRIVE ME NUTS!!!
    :rage:

It's censoring mate. You fell into a trap of a snowflake. This is how it always starts around the globe. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

• I’m so angry 😡😡😡 everything is wrong 😡😡😡 internet words hurt 😡😡😡

@default said: just to protect their national pride. follow standard practice and not make special cases of some countries.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited January 2023

@Maounique said:

@default said: just to protect their national pride. follow standard practice and not make special cases of some countries.

Titles contained countries in the past. This time it was different because it did not suit your agenda. So you went ballistic and wanted censoring. You got what you wanted. Congrats.

edited January 2023

@default said: Titles contained countries in the past.

Show me one thread in the last month. People mentioning country for providers with multiple PoPs in multiple countries or advertising notwithstanding.

Again, if an usual Russian troll is mentioning Ukraine, Poland, Moldova, Romania, Georgia or whatever their next target would be, fine, I would reply to that, but when a MOD changes the title anyway and finds nothing wrong with that, then that is different.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited January 2023

@SirFoxy said: I’m so angry 😡😡😡 everything is wrong 😡😡😡 internet words hurt 😡😡😡

Not wise of you to make that post...

• @Maounique said:

Show me one thread in the last month.

Challenge not accepted. I will not fall into your snowflake debacle. Enjoy without me.

@default said:

@Maounique said:

Challenge not accepted. I will not fall into your snowflake debacle. Enjoy without me.

q.e.d.

• @Arkas said:

@SirFoxy said: I’m so angry 😡😡😡 everything is wrong 😡😡😡 internet words hurt 😡😡😡

• @Maounique said:

@default said:

@Maounique said:

q.e.d.

It is internet; use the long latin expression because you do not need to protect ink and paper. The wording "quod erat demonstrandum" does not stand in such scenario. You set your own rules for a debate out of nothing (one month) and if is someone does not argument otherwise they are by default wrong (in your opinion).

Again: I reserve my right to not participate in the snowflake avalanche within a game set by your rules. That is all. The rest is suppositions.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Thread closed.

Thanked by 2default error12358
This discussion has been closed.