Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment Dispute with DedicatServer.RO - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Payment Dispute with DedicatServer.RO

Comments

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep

@jsg said: that company provides access, even to accounting, to persons not any more active ...

to your surprise yes ...to the owner

@jsg said: Yet I receive emails from Paypal to that very address since years.

you received selectively without payments to dedicatserver.ro.....
    month after month... ;)

• @jsg said: Of course it's a valid and working email address. And btw. so is the bank account and the credit card which is behind the Paypal account and so is the name. All of it correct and valid. After all banks do their checks and so, I assume, do credit cards and Paypal.

All his "this is fake and that is fake" lies are exactly that, lies.

If the information, addresses, names, and everything else is valid then apologies for my speculation and previous statement.

(Can I get someone @DP or @Arkas do me a solid and strikeout my previous statement after "because lol" https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3586300/#Comment_3586300 ?)

This then brings it back to "well then you just jumped the gun and too accusatory". The only thing this changes is dedicatserver's accusation to you giving false information. Which still (imho) doesn't tip it in your favor. But hey I'm just one person in the public.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@HalfEatenPie said: (Can I get someone @DP or @Arkas do me a solid and strikeout my previous statement after "because lol" https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3586300/#Comment_3586300 ?)

Done.

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@dedicatserver_ro said: to your surprise yes ...to the owner

I'm not the owner. And now, thanks to you, I know who @jsg actually is, where he lives, his name and at least 2 of his private emails, all info that I didn't know before. I'm sure I am not the only one, I was fast in removing the info, but hey, I don't work at the speed of light so it took me a few minutes. What you did was despicable, and I would NEVER recommend you as a provider to anyone.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited January 2023

@Arkas said: I'm not the owner.

He's the owner. He explained that "I am no longer active in the company" statement doesn't mean not connected with the company I think.

@Arkas said: NEVER recommend you as a provider to anyone.

I Never ask for !!!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Mumbly said:

@Arkas said: I'm not the owner.

He's the owner. He explained that "I am no longer active in the company" statement doesn't mean not connected with the company I think.

Yeah and I think what @Arkas meant when he said "I'm not the owner" was that he now knows those details (even without being the owner of the company) because of @dedicatserver_ro's actions.

Thanked by 2Arkas jsg
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited January 2023

Ah, okay.

This thing escalated badly.

@DP said: because of @dedicatserver_ro's actions

not posible, but but let me give you credit - i self have more than a googlemail privat acount can you tell me this ( and keep in mind that like admin here you have a lot of concrete information about me )

• TrKTrK Member

Doxxing someone is legal as long as we have the data? that's news to me!

• @TrK said:

Doxxing is not illegal anywhere as long as the data was obtained legally.

• TrKTrK Member

@treesmokah said:

@TrK said:

Still sharing PII in a forum is just going way too aggressive imo!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@treesmokah said:

@TrK said:

In Europe it is illegal for a company or an employee or owner to dox customers private info.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited January 2023

@jsg quite ironic how you have a "hit piece" on crypto in your BIO but in this case, crypto would save you from getting doxxed. but yeah "Cryptocurrency as we know it today, simply cannot work." (joepie91 is wrong about many many things, when I read his article on "VPN's" I was laughing my ass off, this dude mixes opinions with facts)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@treesmokah said: Doxxing is not illegal anywhere as long as the data was obtained legally.

You should read some lawbooks about EU law, Japanese law, and yes, even Chinese law. Guess what? Doxxing is illegal regardless of how the info was received

Thanked by 2jsg HalfEatenPie
  • treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited January 2023

@Arkas said:

@treesmokah said: Doxxing is not illegal anywhere as long as the data was obtained legally.

You should read some lawbooks about EU law, Japanese law, and yes, even Chinese law. Guess what? Doxxing is illegal regardless of how the info was received

That's not true and what "private information" is, vary from country to country as well.
    If you cannot prove the data was obtained via illegal means, you won't win a court case (if you went to court over that LOL).

• TrKTrK Member

This is escalating to the point of nonsensical, it could have been solved easily but nah let there be drama, and that's what LET is for right? well i don't agree! The way "professional" with 7 years of presence handled the matter was unexpected.

edited January 2023

@treesmokah said:

@Arkas said:

That's not true and what "private information" is, vary from country to country as well.
    If you cannot prove the data was obtained via illegal means, you won't win a court case (if you went to court over that LOL).

Sorry, no. In fact european companies are even bound to protect private data and "private data/information" is expressly defined in broad terms, incl. data which indirectly risk to identify people. So, actually doxxing is a particularly grave infraction.

@TrK said:
    This is escalating to the point of nonsensical, it could have been solved easily but nah let there be drama, and that's what LET is for right? well i don't agree! The way "professional" with 7 years of presence handled the matter was unexpected.

Not really. That guy was caught spreading lies and going berserk not for the first time, but yes, that he even went so far as to repeatedly dox me did surprise even me. @Arkas was right, that's absolutely despicable.

• Now both parties should sue each other. That will be the perfect closure

• @TrK said:

In my opinion the Romanian guy was "winning" the argument until he allegedly pulled "private information"(the only information I've seen, was the domain and non-existent ZIP code)

@treesmokah said:

@TrK said:

In my opinion the Romanian guy was "winning" the argument until he allegedly pulled "private information"(the only information I've seen, was the domain and non-existent ZIP code)

Nope, the allegedly non-existent zip code. That was a lie too. I actually regularly receive (snail) mail to that address.

• @Arkas said:

@dedicatserver_ro said: to your surprise yes ...to the owner

I'm not the owner. And now, thanks to you, I know who @jsg actually is, where he lives, his name and at least 2 of his private emails, all info that I didn't know before. I'm sure I am not the only one, I was fast in removing the info, but hey, I don't work at the speed of light so it took me a few minutes. What you did was despicable, and I would NEVER recommend you as a provider to anyone.

This is sad, and I agree 100%. Revealing his private info without consent is unacceptable. This has gone down hill into the dumps. Glad you edited the post quickly.

Side question -- as a relatively new member of the forum asking a mod, I am curious how far the mod team typically lets a thread like this go? Isn't doxxing here in this forum a ban-level event? Especially after jsg repeatedly said "no" to revealing info?

I can see a little benefit to letting this thread play out a bit more, as some things have come to light about additional accusations of fake accounts, etc... but I'm curious what is the red line that they can't cross, if not doxxing?

The sad thing is that this could have been solved with a little maturity between the two of them. jsg shouldn't have come out blazing with the words "fraud" and "stealing" in this situation (thank you for changing the thread title), but dedicatedserver_ro's behavior has been immature and unprofessional, and he should never have doxxed like that. That's a total destroyer of trust for a hosting provider IMO.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited January 2023

@jsg said: That guy was caught spreading lies

But then again, you accused him fraud when it was your own fuck up. With a little bit of your personal self awareness this thread wouldn't even exist.
    Was it too hard to wait some day or something for billing department to respond regarding your payments by mistake?

• TrKTrK Member

@treesmokah said:

@TrK said:

Even i use different address (usually nearby) when signing up and it doesn't give the provider my consent to share that with anyone not to mention the "public" and that is what called legit business practices. Just my 2 cents nothing more.

edited January 2023

@TrK said: Doxxing

data which does not exist like zip in Germany , or gmail..googlemail ....gmx....yahoo domain is doxxing?.... :D

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Look, we value free speech above all, and the general forum line is to be as hands off as possible. This thread remains open in the hope a resolution can be achieved which seems unlikely now so it might be closed. The thread's rapid decent into doxxing territory leaves the possibility for @jsg to sue @dedicatserver_ro in a court of law. If this were to happen, the thread needs to be very carefully handled and closed when the time is 'right' (I have no idea when that is).

@dedicatserver_ro said:

data which does not exist like zip in Germany , or gmail..googlemail ....gmx....yahoo domain is doxxing?.... :D

Publishing ANY PII is doxing. And btw, stop already your zip-code lie! That zip-code does exist.

• TrKTrK Member

@dedicatserver_ro said:

I didn't get to see what you posted or not, the point being existence of the said address/pincode is different thing and sharing any PII is considered doxxing imo.

• @Mumbly said:

@jsg said: That guy was caught spreading lies

But then again, you accused him fraud when it was your own fuck up. With a little bit of your personal self awareness this thread wouldn't even exist.
    Was it too hard to wait some day or something for billing department to respond regarding your payments by mistake?

But but but but think about the OP. He was defrauded and what other recourse would someone have?
    OP could never have done anything wrong. It's always someone else's fault

This discussion has been closed.