Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment Dispute with DedicatServer.RO - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Payment Dispute with DedicatServer.RO

Comments

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited January 2023
    1. jsg forgot to cancel his active subscription and blames that on provider
    2. people are on provider's side, because that's not their fault that jsg set it up that way
    3. provider decides to doxx him
    4. people are switching to jsg side
    5. provider losts his account and advertising power of LET over 32 euros dispute

ahahahahahhahahahahha sorry its sooo funny xD
    It's long time since I saw such horrible handling of situation.

If only provider would thought about instantly refunding jsg making jsg point/post obsolete... nah... lets make it even more popular by posting over and over, let make Google index this and let all people will know that we are doxxing people

hahahahahahahaha
    you COULDN'T do it worse.

• @inland said:
    TL;DR

• provider still has all the money
    • thread title changed in favour of the provider
    • most controversial person on the forum doxxed

Epic win for @dedicatserver_ro . I am impressed.

• provider has controversial topic indexed in Google on strong domain
    • people here won't trust provider with own data
    • provider broke several laws (he wasn't authorized to even get this data, data got leaked from company as he claims he doesnt work there anymore (wtf btw), doxx, I also see some subliminal blackmailing)
    • provider is banned, so he lost his free advertisement here

Its more like "how to fuck up own business in 4 single steps".

Thanked by 1maverick
  • Hey @DP if you have doxhost . (tld) in your pool of available domains, I may know a buyer

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@aqua said:
    Romanian providers are dying like flies on LET...

My brother is still alive, but I smell drama coming renewal time.

• the drama bar has been set, no way '23 gonna exceed this morsel

• @AXYZE said:
    1. jsg forgot to cancel his active subscription and blames that on provider
    2. people are on provider's side, because that's not their fault that jsg set it up that way
    3. provider decides to doxx him
    4. people are switching to jsg side
    5. provider losts his account and advertising power of LET over 32 euros dispute

ahahahahahhahahahahha sorry its sooo funny xD
    It's long time since I saw such horrible handling of situation.

If only provider would thought about instantly refunding jsg making jsg point/post obsolete... nah... lets make it even more popular by posting over and over, let make Google index this and let all people will know that we are doxxing people

hahahahahahahaha
    you COULDN'T do it worse.

I don't think many "switched to jsg's side". Rather, recognized both were terrible options.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • I don't think jsg has accepted that he authorized these PayPal payments and still thinks the payments were taken out by the provider.

In the email screenshot from jsg, was there a price increase that might have led to the scheduled payment to be insufficient to cover the new invoice and that's why it was suspended? Translation?

Also, his flakey mail server appears to have missed the invoice on 3/15. And no payment made as a result?

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • Firstly, I don't believe that @jsg had any bad intentions by creating this thread. From what I can understand about him as a person, he is likely on the spectrum, and he understands things in a literal sense, as opposed to being able to deduce that shit happens sometimes, and that you can't give it too much thought.

Secondly, @dedicatserver_ro reacted in the same way almost any other human would do: passionately.

Much like @jsg, he wasn't able to deduce from this thread that @jsg didn't have any bad intentions, and that he simply might not be able to see things the same way.

Obviously, that doesn't mean that @dedicatserver_ro was right for posting what I can understand to be obviously fraudulent PII, and whilst technically a bad thing -- it is only bad if you look at it from a literal point of view, but if you choose to look at it from a different point of view, you will be able to tell why it was done.

It was done to paint @jsg in a bad light, because most honest netizens will use their own information, but the paranoid ones might not, and that can make them look like they are up to no good.

At least two other providers have posted user information in their threads, and like in those cases, it was obviously fake, and it doesn't mean that they would actually post anyone's real information.

Hosters who have been long enough in the business are able to tell whether a data set is genuine or not, and I have no issue believing this.

In any case, I do believe that @dedicatserver_ro should not have been banned.

Both @jsg and @dedicatserver_ro should have been privately warned, and settled their matters privately, and this thread should have been deleted.

Not to save their reputation, but to simply be gone because it serves no other purpose other than to make fun of @jsg and hurt @dedicatserver_ro's business, which might have taken decades to build.

Some things in life aren't worth it, and this is one of them.

It neither proves that @jsg is a dimwit, nor does it prove that @dedicatserver_ro is a fraudster, but it does however mean that it doesn't help anyone in the long run.

Thanked by 2Mumbly adwsislife
  • I don’t believe that the thread should be deleted. Provider was a little immature especially with how they revealed private data so it serves as a warning to future users.

• @op23 said:
    I don’t believe that the thread should be deleted. Provider was a little immature especially with how they revealed private data so it serves as a warning to future users.

We all have certain powers, whether it be in real life or online, and how we wield our sword is how our character will be determined.

Using your power to deprive another human being from having access to a community and offering their services is weak if they aren't actually a pest or a fraudster.

@dedicatserver_ro is neither of those things.

He was clearly hot-headed, and didn't think ahead, but he does not deserve to have his reputation ruined over it.

Put simply, if a community is moderated by level-headed adults, it will acknowledge that we all fuck up sometimes, and that we need to be shown mercy when we do.

After all, we're only humans at the end of the day... :)

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @TWC said:

@op23 said:
    I don’t believe that the thread should be deleted. Provider was a little immature especially with how they revealed private data so it serves as a warning to future users.

We all have certain powers, whether it be in real life or online, and how we wield our sword is how our character will be determined.

Using your power to deprive another human being from having access to a community and offering their services is weak if they aren't actually a pest or a fraudster.

He was clearly hot-headed, and didn't think ahead, but he does not deserve to have his reputation ruined over it.

Put simply, if a community is moderated by level-headed adults, it will acknowledge that we all fuck up sometimes, and that we need to be shown mercy when we do.

While I agree with most of what you said, my comment was specifically about thread deletion and not about provider banning etc :smile: I leave that to the forum moderators to choose.

Revealing private information on a public forum when claiming to not even being part of the original organization, yeah I would like to know that before I send my data their way. That’s all.

• The provider deserved to get banned. They put all their cards on the table and without any regard to the game, exposed client details against privacy wishes.
    They where winning the fight and totally shot themselves in the foot.
    This has been a fun story and lurk all day.

• @op23 said:

@TWC said:

@op23 said:

While I agree with most of what you said, my comment was specifically about thread deletion and not about provider banning etc :smile: I leave that to the forum moderators to choose.

Revealing private information on a public forum when claiming to not even being part of the original organization, yeah I would like to know that before I send my data their way. That’s all.

I know what you mean, but public incidents don’t mean all that much, especially because they can be taken out of context, and often are.

Personally, I would rather want to know whether or not a provider will provide any type of information without a valid local subpoena.

But that one is too much to ask for and you should consider that your information can likely be sent without a subpoena, or even sold, hacked, etc…

Basically, you should always exercise caution and try not to use the following:

• home address (po boxes are cheap enough, and fully legal)
    • mobile number that’s tied to your main 2fa’s, etc. (cheap SIM’s)
    • personal email
    • main password

Other than that, you should be fine, even with a leak.. but using obviously fake information will get you in trouble with most providers.

If you really want to use fake information use a seemingly real data set from something like FakeNameGenerator.com and pay with crypto currency.

• Lol, i guess the provider thought he was losing the fight to JSG wall of text and thought he needed a bomb to blow JSG out of the water, he probably didn't know he was winning the fight prior to doxing JSG.

• @Ahfaiahkid said:
    Lol, i guess the provider thought he was losing the fight to JSG wall of text and thought he needed a bomb to blow JSG out of the water, he probably didn't know he was winning the fight prior to doxing JSG.

I certainly didn't expect this thread to turn into a dck measuring contest for who could be the bigger dck lol

(obviously @dedicatserver_ro ended up being in the wrong too, so.... yeah.)

@AXYZE said: most controversial person on the forum doxxed

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah bless this forum

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited January 2023

was this drama a pre-planned event for 2023? smells fishy.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@cybertech said: was this drama a pre-planned event for 2023? smells fishy.

Yes, it was a preplanned event brought to you by your local sushi association (maybe that's why it smells fishy?) :blush:

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited January 2023

@TWC said: In any case, I do believe that @dedicatserver_ro should not have been banned.

I feel it also that way. @jsg was a major dick in this case.
    Falsely accusated and slandered too passionate host owner didn't handle this well, but even this famous doxing (unless I missed some deleted post) was nothing but inactive domain and presumably fake entered post office number. And my own post office number is SI-1000. Really big deal...
    Yes, host made a mistake, but it's not like jsg is innocent here.

@op23 said: when claiming to not even being part of the original organization

He said that he don't run daily operations anymore, he have employers for that, but he is part of the organisation - he's company owner.

Thanked by 2Falzo ralf
  • ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited January 2023

@Mumbly said: but even this famous doxing (unless I missed some deleted post) was nothing but inactive domain and presumably fake entered post office number

This is not the case. The details released were accurate and not false, they were PII details. Please stop spreading misinformation.

• @Arkas said:

@Mumbly said: but even this famous doxing (unless I missed some deleted post) was nothing but inactive domain and presumably fake entered post office number

This is not the case. The details released were accurate and not false, they were PII details. Please stop spreading misinformation.

I am NOT spreading misinformation. What about "unless I missed some deleted post" isn't clear to you?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Mumbly said: What about "unless I missed some deleted post" isn't clear to you?

They were edited posts and not deleted posts which is different. In the event I misunderstood you, my apologies.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @Mumbly said:
    ... nothing but inactive domain ...

Just because there's no web page, doesn't mean it's an inactive domain. FWIW the email domain I use most of the time just has a "nothing here" stub web page, and for a long time didn't even have that. I have a couple of domains like this that I only use for email with companies I don't yet trust.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited January 2023

The provider got banned; the client already asked for refund with Paypal; the drama hit the brakes; why is this thread not closed?

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited January 2023

Well, deleted, edited... same effect (from my point of view).
    I responded regarding what I saw, but also acknowledged that there could be more, but I haven't seen it because of deletion (or edition). In case there was more than that, my comment above can be disregarded.

@ralf inactive in term of hosting anything (including placeholder). Inactive in term of non-working mail (as it was confirmed). etc
    But I agree with you about everything else. Even if domain isn't used currently it can be used anytime in the future. This should not be posted. In all eagerness to defend his business from defamation host made unnecessary mistake here.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Mumbly said: Inactive in term of non-working mail (as it was confirmed). etc

I can confirm that the domain can, and did receive my emails.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

This thread will be shortly closed.

Thanked by 1default
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited January 2023

@Arkas said:

@Mumbly said: Inactive in term of non-working mail (as it was confirmed). etc

I can confirm that the domain can, and did receive my emails.

Of course it did. It's not some magic to make it active again. Especially if one have argument to win ;-)

@treesmokah said:

@dedicatserver_ro said:
    SMTP test

Connecting to [REMOVED & Warning given]
    SendSMTPCommand: Timeout waiting for response after 15 seconds.

LookupServer 19664ms

Can confirm. Its dead.

Edit; some resolvers work fine though.

Edit2; SMTP servers appear to be dead (censored sensitive information)

Anyway, all this situation sucks. Host made a mistake and paid for this. But accusing them fraud to cover up for own mistake isn't any better...

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Ok, here we go. There were 2 emails released. both worked when I tried them, but yes it could have been activated at anytime, I can not confirm that.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2023

@Mumbly said: Host made a mistake and paid for this.

I am curious whether putting the country in the thread title is normal practice or only refers to Romanian hosts? I am not saying it is not deserved, just curious if this is just normal discrimination nobody pays attention to because, meh, Romania, that shithole country, or goes beyond that?

I mean, I haven't seen GVH USA payment dispute titles, VolumeDrive USA or Burst.net USA, nor similar IN SPITE of some of the named brands having operations in other countries and subsidiaries so a clarification might have been needed.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Maounique said: I am curious whether putting the country in the thread title is normal practice or only refers to Romanian hosts?

That's a fair point. I think it's there because his name here ends with _RO? Isn't that how he advertised his business? If not, then I will remove the country name as it is not fair to condemn a nation in the title because of 1 provider.

This discussion has been closed.