Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment Dispute with DedicatServer.RO - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Payment Dispute with DedicatServer.RO

Comments

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited January 2023

The fact that he doxed @jsg immediately says yeah fuck @dedicatserver_ro. Dedicatserver_ro needs to be banned for an indefinite amount of time. This is just purely unacceptable. He needs a red avatar.

I also think this information should be sent to Paypal when opening up a dispute that the vendor has revealed his private information to a public forum.

I also recommend @jsg immediately archive this and if someone on the mod team can send him a screenshot of what it looked before the edit (for proof) that'd be greatly appreciated.

This is a line that should not have been crossed.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited January 2023

@HalfEatenPie said: I also recommend

Host handled this badly, but then again @jsg slandered host and falsely accused them fraud for something what was clearly his own mistake.
    Furthermore he falsely claimed that he never set up up a recurring billing/subscription agreement although he's the only one who can technically do that. Host can't do that.
    Money sent by subscription wasn't stolen. It went into account credit balance which is pretty much standard default procedure.
    Every reasonable person would contact billing department, explained mistake, politely request refund and then wait at least some working day for billing department to respond. But no... host is fraud who cheated him on purpose, right?

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep

OK,

• the honest customer would have already opened a case on paypal, which did not happen...
    • the honest customer can send us an **official email - from the address in his account, in which he asks us to pay the €32 on Credit Balance from his account... his money , which we are obliged to pay by law (minus Paypal commissions)

All this could be done from the beginning....with or without false data

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@dedicatserver_ro said: All this could be done from the beginning....with or without false data

Then why not take the high road from the beginning and do that and let the rest of the forum judge the outcome?

Thanked by 1op23
  • @dedicatedserver_ro And we are to believe you never snoop in a customer VM ROFLMAAAAAOOOOO

You got trained by cociu ?

• @dedicatserver_ro said:

@TrK said: Doxxing

data which does not exist like --snip-- is doxxing?.... :D

At what point will you see the self-inflicted wounds you are creating? You're damaging your own reputation now.

But you have the ability to end this right now very simply. I'll create a draft of the post for you... it should read something like this:

Dear jsg, the mods, and other forum members,

I apologize for my lack of judgment in this thread and regret releasing any personal information about my former customer, jsg. That was an unacceptable breach of trust, and I am grateful that the mods were able to quickly delete it.

Unfortunately, I got carried away with emotion because jsg had falsely accused me of fraud and stealing his money. There was absolutely no fraud or theft, but rather this misunderstanding was because of a software and accounting issue on my side of the business relationship, and I have now fully refunded him 100% of the payment.

I have also extended a personal apology to jsg and extended a 1-year free hosting offer to him if he would like to accept it.

In addition, I've set aside some time for deep reflection of how I've handled this incident, and vow to regain your trust as a community. I plan to revise all my TOS and other legal documents and internal processes to make sure professionalism and privacy are at the core of my business.

Again, I regret how far this discussion has gone, and I appreciate all the feedback and responses. This was a lapse in judgment I will never repeat, I promise will do better.

Sincerely, dedicatedserver_ro

P.S. As a sign of good will to the community, I will be preparing a special discount offer for LET forum members.

edited January 2023

@Mumbly said:

@HalfEatenPie said: I also recommend

Host handled this badly, but then again @jsg slandered host and falsely accused them fraud for something what was clearly his own mistake.
    Furthermore he falsely claimed that he never set up up a recurring billing/subscription agreement although he's the only one who can technically do that. Host can't do that.
    Money sent by subscription wasn't stolen. It went into account credit balance which is pretty much standard default procedure.
    Every reasonable person would contact billing department, explained mistake and then wait at least some day for reponse. But no... host is fraud who cheated him on purpose, right?

You're not wrong.

HOWEVER, this is a situation where a business owner released personal private information on a user of this forum. This is not justified by "how shitty @jsg already was to the host". Like this is a hard threshold that should not have been violated.

This isn't "well one person was bad so it was fine to get revenge". This is "Both are shitty and @jsg was originally even shittier... until @dedicatserver_ro decided to pull the trigger and do something that is actually considered blackhat"

Of course this also does not absolve @jsg for the shittiness he did. But holy shit this is an absolute dumpster fire.

Thanked by 2skorous TimboJones
    edited January 2023

@dedicatserver_ro said:
    OK,

• the honest customer would have already opened a case on paypal, which did not happen...
    • the honest customer can send us an **official email - from the address in his account, in which he asks us to pay the €32 on Credit Balance from his account... his money , which we are obliged to pay by law (minus Paypal commissions)

If this is all over 32 euros.

For Christ sakes. That's nothing. All this shitshow for 32 euros? This was a bad deal for everyone involved. I'm happy to send 32 euros to @jsg just to make this right and drop it from both of you.

This was a terrible deal for all parties involved. 32 euros is literally nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: Even with dedicatserver banned. My offer is still open. I can send it via crypto since privacy is a concern. This is just shitty.

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2023

@Arkas said: Then why not take the high road from the beginning and do that and let the rest of the forum judge the outcome?

Because I haven't been on this forum for a long time and the first contact this year was this post with that title, with serious accusations that should not be allowed without evidence.
    I wanted to see how low a member can be and if anything has changed by paying a tax, to my surprise you have taken some nice steps. ( slow but nice )

I liked the members and their approach in this clear case (almost all agreed that a provider cannot answer for your mistakes), it changed for the better .

The client always had the possibility to contact us by official email if he wanted this.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I was in a 3 hour bridge call so I’ve only been seeing bits and pieces of this.

What happened was unacceptable and I’m sure lots of you here witnessed it.

The title change in the beginning was the best I could do for the provider, as it was not reflecting the actual situation.

But what I’m about to do now is the best I can do for the rest of us here, the members of this community.

• TrKTrK Member

All the drama show with that good trp levels was just created for just €32 because the fucking whmcs forgot to cancel the subscription, sure, right, umm.....

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

All I can do is laugh at the state of things in this thread. Happy New Year and be happy!

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • Can we get a TLDR version of this thread? Holy sheet ballz

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited January 2023

@HalfEatenPie said:

@dedicatserver_ro said:
    OK,

If this is all over 32 euros.

For Christ sakes. That's nothing. All this shitshow for 32 euros? This was a bad deal for everyone involved. I'm happy to send 32 euros to @jsg just to make this right and drop it from both of you.

This was a terrible deal for all parties involved. 32 euros is literally nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: Even with dedicatserver banned. My offer is still open. I can send it via crypto since privacy is a concern. This is just shitty.

Thank you very much for your kind offer, but thanks no. It wasn't about the money in the first place anyway but about the fact that I don't take well to being ripped off and being lied to and about.
    But again, thanks for your kind offer.

As for dedicatserver ... sure, he wasn't here for about a year ... but bang, just as this thread had been created he suddenly reappears. Sure.
    Or in other words, while I generally regret when someone is banned I can't but note that he lied and lied and finally went with a lie it seems. Btw, he also lied about me and Paypal; I did open a case although lacking experience with that I may have done it in a noob way, but I do have a case number from Paypal.
    Maybe, not that I'm waiting for it, but just maybe he has the modicum of decency tp refund me.

• @jsg you carry shit too. Don't forget...

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Romanian providers are dying like flies on LET...

Thanked by 1default
  • @dedicatserver_ro said:

@Arkas said: But if he authorized a subscription, it would be for a service.

the denigration remains,
    don't you think he should have waited for our answer/solution and then written here ?

@dedicatserver_ro said:

@Arkas said: But if he authorized a subscription, it would be for a service.

the denigration remains,
    don't you think he should have waited for our answer/solution and then written here ?

• This post reminds me to do the following on a regular basis (in no particular order):

• Check PayPal subscriptions and cancel any that should not be active
    • Schedule regular backups
    • Maintain multiple backups on multiple mediums and separate physical locations
    • Test your backups
    • Do your best to make the world a better place for you, your loved ones, and everyone else on Earth
    • Learn to practice empathy
    • Extend an olive branch before a closed fist
    Thanked by 3jlet88 equalz Xor
  • aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2023

@rogerwilco said:
    This post reminds me to do the following on a regular basis (in no particular order):

• Check PayPal subscriptions and cancel any that should not be active
    • Schedule regular backups
    • Maintain multiple backups on multiple mediums and separate physical locations
    • Test your backups
    • Do your best to make the world a better place for you, your loved ones, and everyone else on Earth
    • Learn to practice empathy
    • Extend an olive branch before a closed fist

Make sure to leave room to post threads on LET with a simple "SUPERHOST USA HOST IS A SCAM!!!!! STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!" thread title and constantly bash providers for your mistakes.

The more ! the more views it'll get, we've learned that easily.

Edit: @raindog308 you should start a LowEndPodcast

• Just imagine what would have happened if no one acted like an asshole from the beginning, this thread would not even have to exist if people could just communicate like adults. Although this time @jsg's lack of common sense actually brought @dedicatserver_ro's shady business to light, so I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

I can not in the light of this thread defend @dedicatserver_ro, but I still consider @jsg to be kind of an asshole. But I know he is fine with that, and so am I, I still respect the guy. :smile:

Thanked by 1BingoBongo
  • wow... LET never disappoints!

• TL;DR

• provider still has all the money
    • thread title changed in favour of the provider
    • most controversial person on the forum doxxed

Epic win for @dedicatserver_ro . I am impressed.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited January 2023

This has got to be the first epic drama of 2023. Since @dedicatserver_ro was banned, I guess this drama will reach it's end.

Thank you all.

Thanked by 1equalz
  • RIP that guy, got baited hard and self-owned.
    Should have leave it to Paypal like he said he would.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@default said: This has got to be the first epic drama of 2023

I was the first to predict that here.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3585311/#Comment_3585311
    :flushed:

• @default said:
    This has got to be the first epic drama of 2023. Since @dedicatserver_ro was banned, I guess this drama will reach it's end.

Don't bet on it, the hostsolutions involucrated thread went on for something like a 100 pages without hostsolutions being present, much in fact thanks to @jsg. He is not one to let things go easily, that's for sure. :smile:

Thanked by 1skorous
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited January 2023

so.........where does jsg live?

romanian provider should have been wiser and bought his $200 title before coming in with guns blazing

• holy cow this thread is incredible.

i've been here a while and this escalated to levels i'd never seen.

wow.

• @inland said:
    TL;DR

• provider still has all the money
    • thread title changed in favour of the provider
    • most controversial person on the forum doxxed

Epic win for @dedicatserver_ro . I am impressed.

@rcy026 said:

@default said:

Don't bet on it, the hostsolutions involucrated thread went on for something like a 100 pages without hostsolutions being present, much in fact thanks to @jsg. He is not one to let things go easily, that's for sure. :smile:

You give him too much credit

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited January 2023

@rcy026 said:

@default said:

I know. I was there hoping things will take a good turn. I was wrong and provider got involucrated.

In this case I am not with @jsg because such Paypal subscription problem is nothing different from the LET past with multiple other dramas on foundations exactly the same. What strikes me is how easily this thread was created with strong accusations in title, yet without proper patience and communication with provider beforehand; and then how easily this provider became emotional ending up throwing lots of gas on just a small fire.

This is an epic drama in my opinion, so it deserves thanks.

This discussion has been closed.