Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment Dispute with DedicatServer.RO
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Payment Dispute with DedicatServer.RO

jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
edited January 2023 in Reviews

I once had a VPS from @dedicatserver_ro which has been cancelled/terminated long ago.
Now I happened to come across PayPal withdrawals from them, up to now! For the sake of fairness: they are not stealing wildly but rather withdraw the cost of the - now dead - VPS I once had with them, each and every month.

To make really sure that said VPS is dead (and not somehow without my knowledge still active) I logged into the panel; and yes, that parrot (VPS) indeed is dead.

Please note that I'm not yet at the point to assume that dedicatserver_ro intentionally steals; it might be possible that it's just administrative negligence or some such..
But I think that I should warn everybody because, no matter whether intentional fraud or administrative negligence, I might not be the only one.

So, if you are a customer of them or intend to become one, make sure to check that none of your money is vanishing into their account ...

Thanked by 2greentea dystopia

Comments

• It's possible that it's an innocent mistake. I don't know anything about dedicatserver_ro but if you set up a recurring billing/subscription agreement with them inside your PayPal account, it could just be that they are withdrawing every interval that you agreed, right or wrong, mistakenly or on purpose, and whether or not you canceled inside of your dedicatserver_ro account. So I'd suggest going and checking your PayPal subscriptions/recurring payments first. You probably need to cancel it inside PayPal asap is my guess. Then reach out to dedicatserver_ro and ask for a refund for overage. Good luck.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@jlet88

AFAIK I never set up up a recurring billing/subscription agreement with them inside the PayPal account (I do that only very rarely and only with companies whom I know and trust).

• @jsg said:
    @jlet88

AFAIK I never set up up a recurring billing/subscription agreement with them inside the PayPal account (I do that only very rarely and only with companies whom I know and trust).

I understand, but go check your PayPal subscriptions anyway. I've noticed that the PayPal screens when you sign up for things like this are sometimes NOT as obvious as you might think, and it's easy to mistakenly setup a recurring billing when you meant to only pay once. I've seen it happen before, and those screens are very similar. So it's possible you accidentally signed up for recurring billing. Worth checking anyway. If it's in there, cancel it asap.

Thanked by 2jsg AXYZE
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Please keep us updated @jsg

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

The WHMCS Paypal module sucks a bit. When customer cancels service, it somehow not works always that the subscription get cancelled. So sometimes customer gets charged again. Provider needs to check and make sure all subscriptions to you

this might not be willingful by them.
    Maybe they didnt notice as well and thats the case why you still got charged.

It happened here as well before for some customers and is kind of annoying - need to initate refund and go trough if there any other subs

Thanked by 3Calin kait maverick
  • dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep
    1. you write "Please note that I'm not yet at the point to assume that dedicatserver_ro intentionally steals" but the big TITLE is "dedicatserver Romania fraud/stealing" ;) - realy
    2. you have open a Ticket on "Posted today at 16:39" ( 4.39 PM ) on our platform after this post on 4:48PM
    3. we cannot take money from your paypal - you are the only one who can authorize paypal payments ( single payment or recurring payment ) - you have been in the field long enough to know this !!!!
    4. it is easy to denigrate behind anonymity ;)

You will receive an answer to the open ticket from the team, taking into account the behavior here as well.

• I can't help but notice this is another case of money mysteriously leaving PayPal account in the last month: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3572519/#Comment_3572519

@dedicatserver_ro said: you have open a Ticket on "Posted today at 16:39" ( 4.39 PM ) on our platform after this post on 4:48PM

Wow, this is so in bad faith. Bashing a 30 y.o. company with almost 7 years of LET presence over no proof of wrongdoing... yuck.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@dedicatserver_ro said: You will receive an answer to the open ticket from the team, taking into account the behavior here as well.

Are you threatening someone for posting here?? You can post freely here as you have done. But from now on, your posts will take into account the behavior here as well :wink: Just kidding obviously :smiley:

@HostSlick said:
    The WHMCS Paypal module sucks a bit. When customer cancels service, it somehow not works always that the subscription get cancelled. So sometimes customer gets charged again. Provider needs to check and make sure all subscriptions to you

this might not be willingful by them.

I don't know it from a providers side as I'm not a provider but as I said I did not assert that it's intentional fraud for a reason.
    But also see my side: it's the first time in many years I experience this. No problems of that kind at all with any other provider so far. And considering dedicatserver's attitude, incl. and especially towards myself, I'm not assuming that they took my money as an act of kindness.

@dedicatserver_ro said:
    1. you write "Please note that I'm not yet at the point to assume that dedicatserver_ro intentionally steals" but the big TITLE is "dedicatserver Romania fraud/stealing" ;) - realy

Yes, really. That's why I wrote "Please note that I'm not yet at the point to assume that dedicatserver_ro intentionally steals". While not mentioned by you (no surprise there) I also wrote more about my motivation.

1. you have open a Ticket on "Posted today at 16:39" ( 4.39 PM ) on our platform after this post on 4:48PM

Nope, wrong/a lie. Maybe unintentional due to clock errors or whatever. But fact is that I contacted you first. Fact also is, btw, that as of this very moment I still have no response to my ticket.

1. we cannot take money from your paypal - you are the only one who can authorize paypal payments ( single payment or recurring payment ) - you have been in the field long enough to know this !!!!

I'm not a banker or savvy wrt finance things but I clearly see that astimp (your company) takes money from my paypal every month.
    Do I get something for it, do I have/get services from you? Nope. So, it's fraud, no matter how you turn it. Maybe not intentional/criminal but still taking my money without any service/contract is fraud, simple as that.

1. it is easy to denigrate behind anonymity ;)

You will receive an answer to the open ticket from the team, taking into account the behavior here as well.

Meaning what? A threat? How ridiculous! If you had any honour and manners you'd explain that it's an unintentional error and how it regrettably could happen and you'd apologize and transfer my money back in full right away.
    The fraud itself might be unintentional but your behaviour and reaction is not. It matches and underlines our experience with Mr. "I look into my customers VPS" dedicatserver ...

@Arkas
    Albeit in a weird way dedicatserver himself did "update" us ...

Thanked by 2greentea dystopia

@jsg said: Mr. "I look into my customers VPS" dedicatserver

Now I see why this whole denigration..., same like when I warned about your favorite HS...how is your friend ? how much money did you lose with it?....you also opened a post then?

Open a paypal case to see if you have authorized these payments or not and post the answer from Paypal here ;)

edited January 2023

You will get your money back after you open a case on Paypal and post their response here to clarify whose fault it was.Even if Paypal won't give you a refund i will give you the money.
    That way the community will also learn something and implicitly the administrators will accept posts of denigration or not.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

But if he authorized a subscription, it would be for a service. That service wasn't provided. This can be easily solved between both parties in private, and then the thread can be updated and that would be that, instead it is turning into the first drama thread of 2023...

Thanked by 3jsg greentea dystopia
    edited January 2023

@Arkas said: But if he authorized a subscription, it would be for a service.

the denigration remains,
    don't you think he should have waited for our answer/solution and then written here ?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Arkas said:

@dedicatserver_ro said: You will receive an answer to the open ticket from the team, taking into account the behavior here as well.

Are you threatening someone for posting here?? You can post freely here as you have done. But from now on, your posts will take into account the behavior here as well :wink:

LowEndLOLs Dispute

• Many (most?) providers do this.
    When cancelling a service they most likely mention that if you have a PayPal subscription you yourself are responsible for cancelling the payment.
    I did the same mistake with InceptionHosting once, and after this I always confirm I have no active payment subscription when cancelled a service.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I have a habit of checking ALL my paypal subscriptions once every month and deleting all the ones I don't want to keep, even if pre authorized, as I prefer to manually approve them.

• @mods change title or would you do that only for your favourite provider

@Arkas said:
    I have a habit of checking ALL my paypal subscriptions once every month and deleting all the ones I don't want to keep, even if pre authorized, as I prefer to manually approve them.

this is the right way

@daffy said: if you have a PayPal subscription you yourself are responsible for cancelling the payment.

right

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@kkrajk said: @mods change title or would you do that only for your favourite provider

I can change the title. No one has requested that yet. If @jsg or @dedicatserver_ro agree, please message me.

edited January 2023

@jsg said: So, if you are a customer of them or intend to become one, make sure to check that none of your money is vanishing into their account ..

can you delete this to ? - or change with this : I have a habit of checking ALL my paypal subscriptions once every month and deleting all the ones I don't want to keep, even if pre authorized, as I prefer to manually approve them.

@Arkas said: I can change the title

I did not write this post, but the title does not reflect reality and causes damage without having evidence ( for another title I think you have to ask @jsg )

example: dedicatserver Romania problems with Paypal payments/withdrawals

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Commented on a similar topic/incident recently.

One should really make this a habit :smiley:

Thanked by 2drunkendog netomx

@DP said: Commented on a similar topic/incident recently.

@jsg have not read this

@dedicatserver_ro

Now, it's clear: This is a case of intentional fraud.

Not only did you not return the funds you took from my Paypal account, but instead of responding to my ticket you deleted my account.

Not providing any service to me but taking money from me, then, when found out, not showing even just basic politeness, let alone understanding and/or remorse, ignoring my ticket demanding a refund and finally deleting my account -> classical fraud.
    Your attempts to attack me personally or to deflect via HS don't change the fact that you are a fraudster, plain and simple.

Paypal has been informed.

Btw, you are not in a position to put terms on me (like. e.g. "you must do this and then publish the answer").

TL;DR STAY AWAY FROM FRAUDULENT dedicatserver.ro/Astimp s.r.l!

Thanked by 1greentea

ASTIMP IT SOLUTION SRL
    CUI: RO 34287108
    Reg. Com.: J17/ 391/ 26.03.2015

@dedicatserver and others

The point isn't whether I allowed Paypal or not to transfer money to dedicatserver. The point is that dedicatserver knowingly and without providing any service took money for a service they didn't provide, and when asked to refund closed my account.

Thanked by 1greentea

@jsg said: closed my account.

• not

@jsg said: finally deleting my account -> classical fraud.

What now ?

@dedicatserver_ro said:

@jsg said: closed my account.

• not

@jsg said: finally deleting my account -> classical fraud.

What now ?

I see, now lies accompany the fraud ...

When I tried to look whether you had responded to my ticket I found my account deleted. Yet another "unintentional mishap"?

• @jsg Accept it somewhere Paypal/ you screwed up.
    It has been coming up multiple times over the years how providers have little control over the Paypal subscriptions; thanks to WHMCS. You got yourself "Resident Benchmarker" tag. But, this behavior of labeling a provider fraud is disgraceful.

InceptionHosting is just one company I know they make it very clear about how one should cancel the PayPal subscriptions after cancelling the service.

Should other providers follow the suit? Sure, it would help. But, that does not relieve the end user to do the due-diligence.

WHMCS Service cancelled != PayPal Subscriptions cancelled

edited January 2023

SRL= like the german GMBH => by law we are obliged to keep the data for 10 years ( even if they are false data )

• correct answer "closed account"

For Paypal case : Subscription ID: I-BUMC7RBTFE1N - maybe you need

This discussion has been closed.