Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment Dispute with DedicatServer.RO - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Payment Dispute with DedicatServer.RO

Comments

• No screenshots/proof, why's this still open?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Not the customers fault that the subscription is not cancelled.
    The experience should be smooth as possible without customers manual action or be worried with checking subscriptions.
    The service ends, the subscription ends. It is very unprofessional to require the customer to manually cancel a subscription.

That is why I try to avoid small providers.

At least the provider should have a great communication, even if customer rage posted this thread, with a refund and an apology the situation would be other and turn positive for the provider.

Thanked by 2jsg greentea
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jsg said: just basic politeness

?

Thanked by 1grep
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2023

@jsg said: you took from my Paypal account

Nobody can TAKE from your account without authorization, moreover, nobody can STOP paypal from sending the subscribed money.
    Simply sending back automatically is not an option due to the fees, the customer would continue not to care to cancel the subscription and might even demand interest for the time he didn't have the money in the account.
    The normal procedure is to wait for the customer to cancel the subscription then return all the money barring the fees.
    Of course, name calling and slander in a public forum does warrant account closure. That does not mean your money won't be returned, just that you will have to contact Paypal and prove your case first.
    You did not wish/had patience to solve the problem with the host, insisted on slander instead, you are on your own.

Case in point:

Recently, a customer paid manually after having a subscription too. He proceeded to charging back in our first such case since 2019. As a result, we have terminated the service as per ToS/AUP terms, chargebacks are reasons for immediate termination and he then asked for his money back again accusing us of lying and whatnot. Even as the chargeback costed us more than his annual subscription, we agreed to refund it anyway which cancelled his chargeback as it was the same amount. He then proceeded to ask us for yet another refund to which we said no, deal with your bank as you have dealt with in the first place.

I can understand why the host is now asking you to prove your case to Paypal first. Slander and threats usually elicit a negative attitude.

Thanked by 2Mumbly Falzo
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited January 2023

@Arkas said: But if he authorized a subscription, it would be for a service.

Not necessarily. When you send money to the hosting company without directly paying for service it goes into account credit usually. It's not like companies steal this money.
    Only difference here is that jsg credited his account by mistake / didn't cancel subscription.
    And while @jsg talk about fraud it's he the one who made a mistake here - with big chance that HIS mistake would be rectified if he would gave them time.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @jsg said:

@dedicatserver_ro said:
    A honest provider hast answer :smile:

Open a paypal case to see if you have authorized these payments or not and post the answer from Paypal here ;)

You will get your money back after you open a case on Paypal and post their response here to clarify whose fault it was.Even if Paypal won't give you a refund i will give you the money.

Paypal case : Subscription ID: I-BUMC7RBTFE1N - maybe you need

You are still not open til now a Paypal case!!!!

(a) Again, you are not in a position to put conditions to me. I absolutely will not jump through loops you put up for me.

(b) wrong. I did contact Paypal and "opened a case". But, now you can laugh about me, I've never had to do that, so possibly I did something wrong in the process. But I do have a paypal case number from them.

(c) I will not publish Paypal's response or anything else like that. For a simple reason: You demanded it. I don't care less about the money than you should care about the consequences of your "I don't provide any service anymore to that (now former) customer but I'll take the money anyway, hehe" action.

@plumberg said:
    Onspite of all help from provider op does not want to go thru with thr proposed solution.

At this point it's fair game to change title of the post to jsg is a scammer

BS! Even he himself doesn't dispute that he took my money without providing a service to me. His (legally invalid) argument is that not he withdrew the money but that I payed it to him.

Taking money for a service without providing that service = fraud.

I have always been one to talk down about you but I cannot, not only believe how big of a pussy and a Karen you are. But how long the moderation team has let your big gaping pussy let you act like you have any gaping leg to stand on...
    Fuck you and fuck any credibility you have on this forum... You're nothing more than a Karen

Thanked by 2plumberg TimboJones
  • @grep said:
    I have always been one to talk down about you but I cannot, not only believe how big of a pussy and a Karen you are. But how long the moderation team has let your big gaping pussy let you act like you have any gaping leg to stand on...
    Fuck you and fuck any credibility you have on this forum... You're nothing more than a Karen

Take it easy, bud. Everyone is able to read the thread and thankfully see both perspectives to formulate their opinion on the issue. You're fine with disagreeing with him, but this comment does nothing to contribute towards the discussion, it's only a direct attack against him. In the end, your attempt to belittle him and make him look bad ends up reflecting on you as well.

Thanked by 2jsg greentea
  • Tl;DR JSG is a huge pussy who made a bad decision but just as before it's everyone else's fault. I can't believe the mods on this dumbass forum have let this run for as long as it has. You should be ashamed @Arkas

• @Pwner said:

@grep said:

Take it easy, bud. Everyone is able to read the thread and thankfully see both perspectives to formulate their opinion on the issue. You're fine with disagreeing with him, but this comment does nothing to contribute towards the discussion, it's only a direct attack against him. In the end, your attempt to belittle him and make him look bad ends up reflecting on you as well.

I don't give a fuck about what this forum reflects on me. I'm only here to make dweebs like you (and him) reflect poorly on losers who shout "ILLEGAL" like Karens do... If you waited this long to take the high road, and the mods don't properly avoid mistitling a thread, all the dicks can be eaten

Thanked by 1kait
  • welcome back!

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I think the main question here did @OP have a subscription OR a billing agreement and it's strange most people here don't understand the difference between the two, even some experienced providers.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • I still wonder how the transactions could slip for many months. I usually check my Bankaccount and Paypal every other week to see if there are any irregularities. Also did Paypal not send transaction mails for the payments?

• @vedran said:
    I think the main question here did @OP have a subscription OR a billing agreement and it's strange most people here don't understand the difference between the two, even some experienced providers.

Right??
    It's almost like this fucking loser is "smarter and vetted" than most users...
    You literally have to be dumb as dirt to just allow that to happen for that long and then claim fraud. No sympathy

• @vedran said:
    I think the main question here did @OP have a subscription OR a billing agreement and it's strange most people here don't understand the difference between the two, even some experienced providers.

I think we know the answer to that ;')

dedicatserver_ro said: For Paypal case : Subscription ID: I-BUMC7RBTFE1N - maybe you need

Thanked by 2vedran Maounique
  • @cybertech said:
    welcome back!

If it's me you're talking to, I hate you all and while I appreciate it, I'd be lying if I said thanks

But thanks

• @grep said:

@cybertech said:
    welcome back!

If it's me you're talking to, I hate you all and while I appreciate it, I'd be lying if I said thanks

But thanks

well not you but our resident benchmarker, but since you said thanks then welcome back too!

• @cybertech said:

@grep said:

@cybertech said:
    welcome back!

But thanks

well not you but our resident benchmarker, but since you said thanks then welcome back too!

I guarantee that I respect your welcome back more than this huge gaping Karen... And that's WITH my general angst towards everyone here... But I appreciate you! Inb4 the next JSG paragraph

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Take it easy with the language people. @grep , warning has been issued. You crossed the line. Relax people, the mod team is looking into how this can be handled. It is no longer as simple as changing the title. This has become much more complicated than that, please give us some time.

• @Arkas said:
    Take it easy with the language people. @grep , warning has been issued. You crossed the line. Relax people, the mod team is looking into how this can be handled. It is no longer as simple as changing the title. This has become much more complicated than that, please give us some time.

I'll take it. I'm glad that any sort of explanation came from my warning, if anything.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

This thread is now moved to the off-topic section by agreement of the admin/mod team.

Thanked by 2xaoc greentea
    edited January 2023

@Arkas said: This thread is now moved to the off-topic section by agreement of the admin/mod team.

I think that it is better to change the title rather than "hiding" it.
    Many ppl come here with various kinds of slander and they are treated differently.

Thanked by 1grep
  • Welcome to the club of us plebs who always forget to cancel subs from paypal, usually most of us will usually just contact billing department to try get a refund, if we don't get any just brush off the loss as paypal won't entertain refunds from that. Most of the time, just saying sorry and thank you for your time will do the trick, i would say this is the fault of the billing software in question, not paypal or the host fault, should have cancelled the sub automatically after cancelling.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited January 2023

@Maounique said: I think that it is better to change the title rather than "hiding" it.
    Many ppl come here with various kinds of slander and they are treated differently.

It isn't over yet. This is a temporary measure. Please give us some time :smile:

Thanked by 1greentea
    edited January 2023

@Ahfaiahkid said: just brush off the loss as paypal won't entertain refunds from that

Not really. We have had cases where people contacted Paypal first accusing us of fraud for "charging twice" when in fact they were paying manually too while already having a subscription. AFAIK (not handling this personally as it is Billing department issue) Paypal usually sides with the plaintiff probably because they are afraid of a chargeback, they hate the hosting industry or for some other unfathomable reason.

• I tried once back in 2015, but failed in my attempt and i brushed it off.

• @Ahfaiahkid said:
    I tried once back in 2015, but failed in my attempt and i brushed it off.

You are a better man than OP. Basically.

@Ahfaiahkid said: I tried once back in 2015, but failed in my attempt and i brushed it off.

Ah, things changed a lot since then.

• @caii said:
    At least the provider should have a great communication, even if customer rage posted this thread, with a refund and an apology the situation would be other and turn positive for the provider.

So it's ok for the customer to be a complete asshole but the provider must be extremely humble and apologetic, even though the customer is the one at fault?
    This whole "the customer is always right" attitude have never really worked other than in entitled peoples wet dreams. If you behave like an asshole, people will treat you as one.

• afnafn Member
    edited January 2023

@jsg said: (a) which part of "he took money for a service not provided" did you not get or fail to understand as not correct?

You gave them money. They did not take it.

PayPal's payment authorization works exactly like going to your bank's site and program "an auto-schedule payment to some account X every Y days" (if your bank has that feature)

I always see people here bashing new members and being very rude to them, because they did not cancel the payment authorization, I am surprised no one tried to bash you yet or be rude to you, lol.

TL;DR: money can't be sent to them unless you made a recurring Paypal authorization. This thing sucks because it never gets auto-canceled, I have not seen a single hosting provider (not even normal stores like Ikea) that will cancel the payment authorization. Lesson learned the hard way like you, it is always up to me, the client, to cancel the payment authorization on Paypal when I no longer want the service.

Should the client forget to cancel, companies are supposed to be honest and refund the extra money, but whether Paypal will force or not, it is usually not the case, unless you spend some time over the phone to convince them of your position. This was obviously never denied by the provider here, you only had to ask nicely.

The payment thing here is not the provider's fault nor OP's fault. it is really no one's fault really. Ignorance from OP's side, and laziness (or cost reduction perhaps) on the provider's side (like every other provider) to manually check and cancel payments.

The bashing here before evening opening a ticket only to talk about ignorance on OP's side on how Paypal authorization work, counts as op's (partial) fault tbh. Especially that provider never refused to refund you

• first drama of `23?

Thanked by 1default
This discussion has been closed.