Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tommorrow Finland electricity prices peaking at ~1.9€/KWh VAT 0%. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tommorrow Finland electricity prices peaking at ~1.9€/KWh VAT 0%.

Comments

• emghemgh Member

@stefeman said: I currently have expenses of around 2k€/m so I have some extra cash finally due to the raise.

And now you save for the cash deposit, no time to enjoy the extra money :P

Thanked by 1stefeman
  • jenkkijenkki Member

@emgh said: lmao low budget propaganda

Just kidding.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • MumblyMumbly Member

@davide said:

@stefeman said:
    In here you could make several times more money but still get fucked when lunch costs 13,50€ in your workplace and milk is 3€ at gorcery store.

Yee I saw on youtube that somewhere in Manhattan a tube of toothpaste was 9 fucking dollars. Jeeeesus 9€ covers my toothpaste needs for the whole year. And I use a lot :grimace:

https://www.amazon.com/Colgate-Whitening-Toothpaste-Trade-Offs-Sensitivity/dp/B0BLWLL3FV/

Colgate, pack of 4 - $11.82
    FREE delivery. You would survive.

Thanked by 2emgh DanSummer
  • emghemgh Member

@jenkki said: Finland and Norway are the most expensive countries in Europe. They pass it off as wealth. Oh, come on.

If you want to up your propaganda game, mention Copenhagen. It's way more expensive IMO.

• emghemgh Member

• Naturally rising electricity prices are sizeable and very visible chunk of my monthly budget, so yeah. It's a valid argument, but there are tons of stuff I do have better that I could only dream of in a shit tier country where gas/fuel and/or electricity would be cheap.

Not a good tradeoff.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • MumblyMumbly Member

@jenkki said: Finland and Norway are the most expensive countries in Europe.

It must be really hard life in Norway. That's why so many people migrate out to... oh, wait?!

Thanked by 3emgh stefeman DanSummer
  • jenkkijenkki Member

@emgh said: If you want to up your propaganda game, mention Copenhagen. It's way more expensive IMO.

I've been to all the Scandinavian countries. The most expensive are Finland and Norway. In Sweden and Denmark the price level is lower than yours. In Sweden a lot has changed in the last 10-15 years.

I'm coming from my own personal experience. I have been to Finland and Sweden around 18 times in past 20 years and I know what I am talking about. The comparison is not in your favor. ,,Propaganda,, you refer has nothing to do with it.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 5

The taxes are insane here too.

Imagine you invest some money.
    Now made some money.
    You have to pay taxes.
    Now you want to withdraw the money.
    You have to pay taxes for the money you already paid taxes for.
    Now you buy food or other staff with the money.
    You pay 10-24% extra again for each product.. You guessed it, taxes.. it's VAT this time.

Okay then, You say fuck it and order used hard drives from cheap countries.
    Fuck you, pay import taxes for not only the product price, but also the shipping price calculated into the sum you have to pay up to 24% extra.

Okay, you die and your family inherits everything.
    Fuck you, pay inheritance tax for all of what you get now.
    Okay, fuck you, I leave the country.
    Fuck you again, pay solidarity tax for all of what you own before you can take the wealth out and change your country of residence.

In the end, you have paid taxes for the money like 5-8x lol.

edited January 5

@jenkki said:

@emgh said: If you want to up your propaganda game, mention Copenhagen. It's way more expensive IMO.

I've been to all the Scandinavian countries. The most expensive are Finland and Norway. In Sweden and Denmark the price level is lower than yours. In Sweden a lot has changed in the last 10-15 years.

I'm coming from my own personal experience. I have been to Finland and Sweden around 18 times in past 20 years and I know what I am talking about. The comparison is not in your favor. ,,Propaganda,, you refer has nothing to do with it.

I think your argument fails with Norway though.

They have 30-50% higher income for every job compared to Finland, so they can afford it lol. The word "expensive" is relative to what you make and what you need to spend. The country becomes shit when those two are too close to each others like Finland, or when one exceeds another. But also even if they are far apart but still low in number compared to world average.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@jenkki said:

I live in Sweden. I studied in Uppsala. I live in the south. I just been to Copenhagen. Please lecture me about scandinavian prices.

• jenkkijenkki Member

@Mumbly said: It must be really hard life in Norway. That's why so many people migrate out to... oh, wait?!

In Russia, many provincial cities look better than Oslo the capital of Norway.

I was honestly surprised. Especially after Stockholm. Huge numbers of immigrants on the streets. Stupid new neighborhoods of glass and concrete.

• emghemgh Member

@jenkki said: Stupid new neighborhoods of glass and concrete.

Yes, especially in the bigger cities. People are in love with the concrete.

To be fair, those are usually the more expensive places to live - so it's not about being poor, people just have shit taste.

• MumblyMumbly Member

@jenkki said: I've been to all the Scandinavian countries. The most expensive are Finland and Norway. In Sweden and Denmark the price level is lower than yours. In Sweden a lot has changed in the last 10-15 years.

I'm coming from my own personal experience.

Exactly. It must be a damn traumatic experience to purchase toothpaste or pay for coffee in Scandinavia with an average Russian salary ... :/

Thanked by 1emgh
  • davidedavide Member

@stefeman said:

The taxes are insane here too.

Imagine you invest some money.
    Now made some money.
    You have to pay taxes.
    Now you want to withdraw the money.
    You have to pay taxes for the money you already paid taxes for.
    Now you buy food or other staff with the money.
    You pay 10-24% extra again for each product.. You guessed it, taxes.. it's VAT this time.

Taxes are the price of freedom. Or as the Germans once put it, Arbeit macht frei.

That was touchy, but at these nut tax rates, not far at all from appropriate.

• jenkkijenkki Member

@emgh said: I studied in Uppsala.

I was in Uppsala in 2001 1 time. Went to the two tower church. Look into Vasa family groove inside

In Copenhagen only 2 times 2018 and 19

• emghemgh Member

I just implemented some Cloudflare caching rules, what do you guys think, can you spot when?

• jenkkijenkki Member

@davide said: Taxes are the price of freedom

Indeed. They just don't understand it in full.

edited January 5

@JabJab said:
    Yes, another Russia de-rail. Good job.

What did you expect when a Finnish provider complains about electricity prices and asks for understanding and advertises that regardless of all this, they are well prepared.

Finland chose this knowing the outcome full well when we decided to cut our dependency into Russian energy and support Ukraine.

We still remember when the soviets invaded and people from WW2 are still around. Not for long though. It was decision out of solidarity and knowing what's right, not to mention I wouldn't like seeing arrogant Russian soldiers having a holiday here with their family after what's going on in Ukraine after the invasion.

I would choose the same again since my grandmother suffered also as she was displaced internally and saw lack of supplies and basic stuff. I still have it easy if I have to pay 130€ per month electricity instead of 45€ per month. In fact I have no right to complain when she had to rebuild her entire life.

There's cheap gas and fuel right there, 300km away at the Russian border and easily accessable, but losing your self respect is not worth it for me in exchange of cheap energy.

• MumblyMumbly Member

@jenkki said:

Who are they? And what makes you think that you're the smartest person in the room?
    Serious questions.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Mumbly said:

@jenkki said:

Who are they? And what makes you think that you're the smartest person in the room?
    Serious questions.

They always are.

They is @jenkki in this sense.

• jenkkijenkki Member

@Mumbly said: Who are they? And what makes you think that you're the smartest person in the room?

Serious questions.

The point is that it's not who is rich who has a bigger paycheck, but who pays a lot less for the same thing. For mandatory payments, not for everyday purchases.

• emghemgh Member

@jenkki said:

@Mumbly said: Who are they? And what makes you think that you're the smartest person in the room?

Serious questions.

The point is that it's not who is rich who has a bigger paycheck, but who pays a lot less for the same thing. For mandatory payments, not for everyday purchases.

So the ones who can't travel anywhere are definitely, 100 %, more rich then the ones who can?

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited January 5

@emgh said: They always are.

When you pay 0.06 per kilowatt in your country, and we 1,95 then we will talk about who is richer. :smiley:

edited January 5

@jenkki said:

Serious questions.

This, but if this requires that you cant ever afford the dream stuff one would buy once a year or two years with normal 2-3k€/m salary, its still not ideal.

It would bother me a lot of more knowing that I can just buy as much as these cheap fruits and beach huts I ever wanted with what I make/have, but I can never buy and afford to keep the cheapest used car from 20 years ago, or have the latest computer parts or mobile phone, or TV or basically anything relatively expensive like traveling.

It would kill my motivation to work for myself.

• emghemgh Member

@jenkki said:

@emgh said: They always are.

When you pay 0.06 per kilowatt in your country, and we 1,95 then we will talk about who is richer. :smiley:

Bruh, we both know that every westerner here is way richer than you are, why are you even bringing this up?

edited January 5

@emgh said:

@jenkki said:

Serious questions.

So the ones who can't travel anywhere are definitely, 100 %, more rich then the ones who can?

Turkey or Thailand cuz of their shit currency lol. Maybe Saudis or UAE if you are oligarch. Not alot of choises lol. You can afford other destinations, and those which you can afford will no longer let you in, because of the massive dickhead who's your president.

Imagine being seen as plague by almost every other country because of war crimes and the fact you are a security risk for other's wellbeing cause your dickhead president said that Russian borders do not end, meaning they don't want you to stay cause Putin can use it as an excuse to invade again cuz there are Russians living which "need protecting".

Thanked by 1DanSummer
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited January 5

@jenkki said:

Serious questions.

There are those two things called quality of life index by country and life expectancy by country.

https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/rankings_by_country.jsp

https://www.worldometers.info/demographics/life-expectancy/ (Russia is 100th ranked)

But all this is most likely just western propaganda, and you know it better, right?

The quality of life index is a combination of eight sub-indexes: purchasing power, safety, healthcare, cost of living, property price to income ratio, traffic commute time, pollution, and climate.

• davidedavide Member

@stefeman said:
    This, but if this requires that you cant ever afford the dream stuff one would buy once a year or two years with normal 2-3k€/m salary, its still not ideal.

2-3k lol. Only half of that even reaches the bank. The rest is a pious donation to the cabal.

• emghemgh Member

@Mumbly russia not on top, clearly not right

cries in vatnik

Thanked by 1DanSummer