Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tommorrow Finland electricity prices peaking at ~1.9€/KWh VAT 0%. - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tommorrow Finland electricity prices peaking at ~1.9€/KWh VAT 0%.

Comments

• jenkkijenkki Member

@emgh said: I own it.

It does not cancel payments for electricity gas heating gas garbage disposal etc. An acquaintance of mine pays 800 a month for his apartment for this.

• emghemgh Member
    edited January 5

@jenkki said:

@emgh said: I own it.

It does not cancel payments for electricity gas heating gas garbage disposal etc. An acquaintance of mine pays 800 a month for his apartment for this.

That's probably about 250 a month

Includes internet (100/100, lowest tier) and some basic TV stuff too

• edited January 5

@jenkki said:

@totally_not_banned said: f that means dealing with 2°C room temperature for most of the day

We have -32°C outside for now. How we can heat the apartments with 2 bucks per kilowatt it will be real disaster. 2K will be not enough.

-32°C is harsh. A little fire for 6h will probably not succeed in staying above 0, even if you have thick, thick stone walls ;)

There is not many people doing electrical heating here. I only know one person and he get's some discounted price on the heating electricity counter (he is very much a dumbass for not wiring a socket to that circuit...). Still i figure it's likely at least 0.30-40€/kWh and at least ~4000kWh/y or ~1600€/y ~133€/m (averaged over 12 months) which isn't exactly cheap but doable. At -32°C though... Let's say it would be at least 4 times to compensate for that (probably even more - it hardly gets below 0 around here for more than a couple of days) so that would be 532€/m. Yeah, i figure that would hurt and it's based on a 0.40€/kWh rate.

• jenkkijenkki Member

@emgh said: That's probably about 250 a month

Really? There no such prices. Till you live in 2X2 room lol.

• emghemgh Member

@jenkki said:

@emgh said: That's probably about 250 a month

Really? There no such prices. Till you live in 2X2 room lol.

It was even lower before the recession.

• jenkkijenkki Member

@emgh said: I have enough to sustain myself for a while in savings.

I've also always wondered why in such a rich country as yours, the majority of citizens live on bank loans? With such large salaries, they should be able to afford everything themselves.

And why are there such big queues for free social food almost expired from supermarkets if you are so rich?

• emghemgh Member

@jenkki said: And why are there such big queues for free social food almost expired from supermarkets if you are so rich?

I've never ever seen such a queue. Probably propaganda (honestly)

• edited January 5

@emgh said:

@jenkki said: And why are there such big queues for free social food almost expired from supermarkets if you are so rich?

Well, at least around here free food charities are currently actually being overrun and have a hard time scraping up enough supplies. Huge increases. Maybe Sweden (if i remember correctly?) is better off though.

• jenkkijenkki Member

@emgh said: I've never ever seen such a queue. Probably propaganda (honestly)

A known fact that the locals hide. It was shown by several bloggers on YouTube. They themselves stood in a multi-kilometer queue and filmed everything. Hundreds of people standing for free food.

• emghemgh Member

@totally_not_banned said:

@emgh said:

Well, at least around here free food charities are currently actually being overrun and have a hard time scraping up enough supplies. Huge increases.

Food charities aren't even a thing here. State provides the bare minimum. Homelessness is very rare, and basically only occurs to those that are mentally ill (that dosen't make it better, but that's the truth, since they can't really go ask for help and fill out the forms..)

• emghemgh Member

@jenkki said:

@emgh said: I've never ever seen such a queue. Probably propaganda (honestly)

A known fact that the locals hide. It was shown by several bloggers on YouTube. They themselves stood in a multi-kilometer queue and filmed everything. Hundreds of people standing for free food.

Lmao? I hide that?

I've never ever seen a food charity, EVER. See my reply above. You're being extremely stupid.

• jenkkijenkki Member

@emgh said: I hide that?

I said the locals don't like to talk about such things. Bloggers from other countries film it.

• edited January 5

@emgh said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@emgh said:

Well, at least around here free food charities are currently actually being overrun and have a hard time scraping up enough supplies. Huge increases.

Food charities aren't even a thing here. State provides the bare minimum. Homelessness is very rare, and basically only occurs to those that are mentally ill (that dosen't make it better, but that's the truth, since they can't really go ask for help and fill out the forms..)

Yeah, i guess Sweden is really better off then. Germany wouldn't be able to adequately house everyone if they cared (300k+ missing apartments in general). Something like a 250€ apartment maybe exists somewhere in the middle of nowhere but in the metropolitan areas... just forget it. I've a safe place to life (thank god) but i figure something like 1 room 30m² would easily come in at 400€ around here by now (probably more - without utilities).

Thanked by 1emgh
  • jenkkijenkki Member

• jenkkijenkki Member

In the richest country in the world, half the city of Turku stands in line for free scones and a glass of coffee? Are you serious?

We consider it a humiliation. Only if you're really homeless

• edited January 5

@jenkki said:

OK, that's extreme. There is nothing like that around here but it might be due to having more smaller charities. I can only imagine this amount of people if this is like a daily supply thing for a whole section of a city or something like that.

• edited January 5

@jenkki said:
    In the richest country in the world, half the city of Turku stands in line for free scones and a glass of coffee? Are you serious?

We consider it a humiliation. Only if you're really homeless

Well, the food supply charities in Germany have pretty great stuff (it's more like a free supermarket with lots of otherwise quite expensive stuff). It's kind of tempting to go there when you are a cheapass but i wouldn't get a permit anyways (as i can't prove neediness) and it would be kind of an asshole move to take away supplies from those that really need it.

I knew a couple people going there and their fridge mostly looked better than mine... Costing exactly zero Euros i was a little jealous sometimes ;)

• jenkkijenkki Member

@totally_not_banned said: that's extreme.

I'm not sure Finnish citizens with a 5K a month salary would stand in line for a couple hours for free food and a glass of coffee and a bun.

They're just blowing dust in our eyes. What is a humiliation for us is a norm for them.

• emghemgh Member

Vatkki

• edited January 5

@jenkki said:

@totally_not_banned said: that's extreme.

I'm not sure Finnish citizens with a 5K a month salary would stand in line for a couple hours for free food and a glass of coffee and a bun.

Having watched through the video i'll have to say it's a bit similar to the German version. Seemingly less organized though (why have all those people come at the same day/time?). Also the supplies given out have a lot of rather useless stuff and probably won't last long.

They're just blowing dust in our eyes. What is a humiliation for us is a norm for them.

I don't really know about Finland but around here it's kind of known. A lot of the more wealthy persons are just very much ignorant to the scale of this problem but what is to be expected when a housewife can end up with a pension of about 700€, which will hardly pay rent? Add the homeless, people coming here thinking that money will just grow on trees, people working unsustainable shit jobs and those that simply don't know how to handle their finances or are i'll/addicted and you'll easily get a sizable amount of poverty.

By now it's pretty hard to overlook in certain areas. Take Frankfurt am Main central station for example... Sure the station itself isn't as adventurous as it used to be as these days everyone without a valid ticket will get kicked out by security/police but around it... Just crazy and the bad reputation the station had in earlier years is nothing compared to the conditions there these days.

• edited January 5

@jenkki

Sadly doesn't have subtitles but it's basically a girl from the Netherlands visiting Germany.

Edit: There's an actual English version.

• Just search my location and it's like $0.2/kWh for commercial and industrial usage...

• This whole energy market is a scam, look up Enron the same people are now in EU parlement :p

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 5

Few things both of you missed.

2€ per kWh is not normal in Finland.

0.08 cents to 0.32 cents is however. But most people 65% in average have constant sum between those two and are not affected by this 2€ per kWh price.

Of course we don't know how long this may last, but it should be less than week and may happen again.

also, emgh is wrong. The median income here is 2500€ before taxes.

I have a friend that makes less than 2k€ before taxes, and its actually pretty common in here.

4-5k is also somewhat common. (20% of the people).

And finally, Jenkki is right about the food aid stuff. There has been over kilometer long queues for expiring free food. Mostly older people but also increasingly much singles and families and students.

It recently made headlines as they had to turn people away since all food was given before the queue ended.

And its not only one city.

Helsinki, Vantaa, Espoo, Turku, Tampere, Oulu, Kuopio, and the list goes on.

Meanwhile we have news like "Richest grocery store keepers" in Finland every year.

If the food costs 8€ per microwave meal, its hard to not make any profit and earn millions.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • benchbench Member

I just found a photo of a typical jenkki vatnik sitting in front of the TV and listening to propaganda about the power of Russia in a shabby apartment with cheap subsidized electricity before the next "election" of the tsar

after watching another portion of propaganda, he comes to LET and tells how wonderful it is to live in Russia and how bad it is in Scandinavia, and he cannot understand why even Somalis and Syrians are ready to risk their lives just to cross the border with Finland and leave damn Russia :D

• Without new technology, renewable energy's instability persists.

• Well it's temporary and part of the energy transition. Partly because countries had to hurry for independence on big oil which happens to conflicts with the Russia war (there's a thread to not derail, but relevant). Partly to engage the fourth industrial revolution. It can be summed up as the green movement. Unfortunately the infrastructure for many countries are not ready and will cause trouble, but will be forced to hurry up. It's not limited to EU, you can also see this progression in US, but they're really really behind on infrastructure and have more opposition in the politics. I'd rather see this kind of development in a less muddy and properly organized way that doesn't hurts the citizens and small business as much. It is what it is and we're all in it, we will have to be creative. People are impatient for movement. Time developed quick in the 60s for tech but stalled the past years. This time maybe not forced by the usual (world) war, so at least you won't die by bullets. Its really all well documented and in the open so just being captain obvious ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• maverickmaverick Member
    edited January 5

From bad to worse...

@PulsedMedia busy ordering truck full of diesel. :D

P.S. I see good business oportunity right there... smugling cheap energy from north Norway into Finland. Profit margin 1682%. :D

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @maverick said:

From bad to worse...

@PulsedMedia busy ordering truck full of diesel. :D

P.S. I see good business oportunity right there... smugling cheap energy from north Norway into Finland. Profit margin 1682%. :D

Source? Mine shows that the prices are released in 1 hour and 30 mins.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@host_c said:
    @PulsedMedia

Your Batteries and panels will be dead in 5-7 years top, inverters, same.
    Please search for other options / colo maybe?
    That does not worth the expense.

Does your GOV step in to help businesses? Isn't there a help plan?

That is not true. For Lead Acid that's true, even if you don't cycle them.

Also they do give here 15+% subsidy for "green energy" projects; Which this would fall into. If it's innovative enough they might pay 30% of it.

Difference doing LFP + Cycling on grid pricing is that now you have battery backup which pays for itself, instead of sucking you dry and always failing when you need it (i may or may not have PTSD having Eaton Powerware range UPS ... Expensive and fails so often you get 10x the downtime for having them instead of not having them)

@PulsedMedia said: Reality is that Germany closed their Nuclear Plants etc. Every country in EU has been closing all kinds of plants for "green movement", this is no way secret and is in the EU plans.

That was a really shitty move to close those plants, for all the countries in the EU that joined the "green movement" without having actual working alternatives, and actually, Nuclear Power Plants at the output of MW/hour are the most efficient of all, miles away from coal or hydro, they work even at night :D , so they are actually "clean" compared to the rest.

Only the idiotic EU is pushing green shit stuff to the extreme, all others do not give a flying chicken, like 640M ( EU ) will make a difference in a 8B world. Pretty smart these EU folks.

Green Moronity at play. Nuclear Power is clean, safe, reliable and low cost. Can't have that.

This whole "climate crisis", "green movement" is all kinds of idiocracy (excellent movie btw!). It's BS pretty much.