Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tommorrow Finland electricity prices peaking at ~1.9€/KWh VAT 0%. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tommorrow Finland electricity prices peaking at ~1.9€/KWh VAT 0%.

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 5

@davide said:

@stefeman said:
    This, but if this requires that you cant ever afford the dream stuff one would buy once a year or two years with normal 2-3k€/m salary, its still not ideal.

2-3k lol. Only half of that even reaches the bank. The rest is a pious donation to the cabal.

I don't care if the cabal sells me a new iPhone or Android or RTX 4090. :D It's my decision to buy it anyway. No matter which currency you have, it costs 1000€+ in euros or similar.

No country is perfect. If I made anything less, I'd be crying for communist revolution with these prices here right now.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited January 5

@emgh said:
    @Mumbly russia not on top, clearly not right

Well, if we ignore all the rest, the cost of living in Russia is lower than in Finland and that's a fact, but so is in Afganistan and Somalia per example.

edited January 5

@Mumbly said:

@emgh said:

Well, cost of living in Russia is lower than in Finland and that's a fact, but so is in Afganistan and Somalia per example.

So the measurement of who is right in their argument would be, How much worse is Russia vs Afghanistan and/or Somalia when compared to Finland. How much are you losing in basic stuff like infra/education/medical/future in exchange of cheaper prices for living, is the standard to determine which one of you will win the original argument.

To what extend will cheap prices justify the lack of other stuff.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited January 5

@stefeman said:

@Mumbly said:

@emgh said:

Well, cost of living in Russia is lower than in Finland and that's a fact, but so is in Afganistan and Somalia per example.

So the measurement of who is right in their argument would be, How much worse is Russia vs Afghanistan and/or Somalia when compared to Finland. How much are you losing in basic stuff like infra/education/medical/future in exchange of cheaper prices for living, is the standard to determine which one of you will win the original argument.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3857225/#Comment_3857225

The quality of life index is a combination of eight sub-indexes: purchasing power, safety, healthcare, cost of living, property price to income ratio, traffic commute time, pollution, and climate.

edited January 5

@Mumbly said:

@stefeman said:

@Mumbly said:

@emgh said:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3857225/#Comment_3857225

Numbers never lie, but I can't translate these to equivalent in how much worse the infra is in percentage compared to how much cheaper things are in percentage.

I do know though that security is absolute shit and the government would like nothing more than send you off to Ukraine meat grinder if you criticize anything and are male with correct age from specific poor areas lol.

I also don't like the constant propaganda and internet censorship there, so that would take a lot of points off. It's better be damn cheap and otherwise awesome to convince me that its a superior country to live in lol.

• jenkkijenkki Member

They keep trying to convince me that paying 0.06 per kilowatt in Russia is a sign of poverty and paying 1.95 in Finland is a sign of wealth. That is, many times more is better than many times less. Apparently you have some absurd mathematics next to the propaganda that everything is bad in the neighboring country.

In my opinion, the richer a country is, the less they charge its citizens. In Soviet times, the fees were symbolic and there were no meters except for electric meters. Everyone was happy.

• jenkkijenkki Member

@emgh said: cries in vatnik

Are you hokhol?

edited January 5

@jenkki said:
    They keep trying to convince me that paying 0.06 per kilowatt in Russia is a sign of poverty and paying 1.95 in Finland is a sign of wealth. That is, many times more is better than many times less. Apparently you have some absurd mathematics next to the propaganda that everything is bad in the neighboring country.

In my opinion, the richer a country is, the less they charge its citizens. In Soviet times, the fees were symbolic and there were no meters except for electric meters. Everyone was happy.

There is an old soviet joke..

Everyone was happy because there was food, so the Gulags were happiest places in Soviet Union because broth soup was available for all the hard workers.. ..For as long as they lived. And when someone died every day, everyone got even more happy because of their larger share of the soup.

And nobody counted meters in Soviet Union because otherwise the workers would have found out how many kilometers of copper the commissars stole from the phone lines construction site to fund important stuff which were certainly not their own lives.

A true communist dream.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • davidedavide Member
    edited January 5

@Mumbly said:

There's are those two things called quality of life index by country and life expectancy by country.

Mumbly, friendly speaking, if you believe in this staff you are an imbecille. And I mean it friendly. Now I know I have your attention, so focus :)

The indexes aren't per se propaganda, their selective publicization or suppression in the media can be propaganda. The constituents of such indexes are arbitrarily picked among attributes congenial or contrarian to the western canons and are arbitrarily weighted for the purpose of producing an output that fits an expectation. The weights are "fine tuned" in fact, some might be "17% to freedom of the press" or "8.5% to satisfaction toward the government". There is no science behind any of this, the attributes and the numbers are picked at leisure. The purpose of an index is to formally express an opinion, and that's fine, but it becomes propaganda once it is picked by the media and is falsely called an objective truth or science.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • jenkkijenkki Member

@stefeman said: the Gulags

About Gulag and evil Stalin, it's all fairy tales for idiots and twisted history. You also must remember Hitler and his concentration camps. There were several such camps in Finland.

edited January 5

@jenkki said:

@stefeman said: the Gulags

About Gulag and evil Stalin, it's all fairy tales for idiots and twisted history. You also must remember Hitler and his concentration camps. There were several such camps in Finland.

Damn, you're a fast one. It was only few weeks ago, they unveiled that conspiracy theory by erecting that monument over one of the mass graves from stalins purge, stating that it was finns here who executed civilians.

Prior doing that, they dug that site for 2 years looking for evidence like iron crosses, but only found soviet military gear and persecuted civilian minorities which Stalin was suspicious of in there lol.

I was wondering when the discussion would progress long enough for you to insert such a claim into here. At least have some originality and don't repeat the stuff made up by these two.

These two gentlemen were rewarded recently by Kremlin for "Defending the truth" when they came up with a theory that a famous place where people executed by Stalin's purges were buried would be actually a Finnish concentration camp.

I usually don't judge how people look, but you can just see from this picture how honest they look like xD

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • jenkkijenkki Member
    edited January 5

@stefeman said: Damn, you're a fast one.

Tell us how many people were tortured in the SS concentration camps in Finland territory within WW2

Tell us who bombed and organized the siege of Leningrad as a result of which one million civilians killed.

edited January 5

@jenkki said:

@stefeman said: Damn, you're a fast one.

Tell us how many people were tortured in the SS concentration camps in Finland territory within WW2

Tell us who bombed and organized the siege of Leningrad as a result of which one million civilians killed.

How come I am not aware of such concentration camps, nor is any of the western world, or even eastern world for that matter? How come it just happens so that those two sites were before known as burial/memory place for Stalin's purges and even had Russian language signs depicting that.

Somehow those signs were taken down, and history was "corrected".

Damn, I must be brainwashed. We were nazi's all along and our governments is lying to us. In fact all documented Allied investigations must be a lie. Thank god the lord and Saivour Putin changed the signs and told everyone the truth.

The thing about Russian claims and lies is that, the more outrageous the better. It doesen't matter if people believe it or not. Might as well make it crazy from beginning since after 100-200 years of good education, lies will become facts and facts will become lies.

Russia truly inherited the way of Goebbels.

This is good read when translated to English by Google.
    https://www.is.fi/paakirjoitus/art-2000010084335.html

It shows how Finns think about these claims in general and live with the make believe kingdom that can turn rocks into gold and gold into rocks if it suits their needs.

• emghemgh Member

@jenkki I'm going to Amsterdam next month, since you're so rich in Russia, and we're so poor in Europe, wanna come along?

• emghemgh Member

@jenkki said:

@emgh said: cries in vatnik

Are you hokhol?

Thought you knew I was Swedish, said it multiple times.

• jenkkijenkki Member

@stefeman said: Stalin's purges

Are you going to tell me about the victims of the Gulags? 80% of them were criminals convicted of criminal offenses that are now being presented as political victims.

Yours killed civilians mostly on the basis of nationality. Jews and others.

The Finnish army as part of Hitler's army was the main organizer of the siege of Leningrad.

The Gulag is like a kindergarten compared to what you did.

• emghemgh Member

@jenkki said: Are you going to tell me about the victims of the Gulags? 80% of them were criminals convicted of criminal offenses that are now being presented as political victims.

Such as your "presidential campaign"? Give me a break..

edited January 5

@jenkki said:

Are you going to tell me about the victims of the Gulags? 80% of them were criminals convicted of criminal offenses that are now being presented as political victims.

Yours killed civilians mostly on the basis of nationality. Jews and others.

The Finnish army as part of Hitler's army was the main organizer of the siege of Leningrad.

The Gulag is like a kindergarten compared to what you did.

Finnish army did not siege Leningrad, nor did we ever fight there lol

Not to mention that we did not intentionally block the super important ice road which was used by soviets to support the civilian population, and also the military defense.

Even when Germany demanded us to do so.

You can quote whatever Russian make believe article invented by Putin and I'm sure we find Finnish death camps all the way in Moscow.

Jews fought in Finnish army. We gave away few (tens) civilians and our country forever regrets it.

This claim is so stupid and wrong I don't even know where to begin.

It's like debating with a retard that lived in another alternate dimension.

This is waste of time so i'm just going to sleep now.

• jenkkijenkki Member

@emgh said: Thought you knew I was Swedish, said it multiple times.

You're using their lingo. It's weird for you. :smiley:

• emghemgh Member

@jenkki said:

@emgh said: Thought you knew I was Swedish, said it multiple times.

You're using their lingo. It's weird for you. :smiley:

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited January 5

@stefeman said: Finnish army did not siege Leningrad, nor did we ever fight there lol

Don't talk nonsense. Finnish troops bombed Leningrad during the blockade and the road of life on Ladoga was bombed by Finnish units.

It was the Finns who initiated the blockade of Leningrad. You don't know history very well.

• MumblyMumbly Member

@jenkki said: Tell us how many people were tortured

How's this even relevant? You're jumping from one argument to a completely different topic.
    You said how great was life in Soviet Russia, someone objected with few arguments and what did you do there? Started random talk about something completely irrelevant and non-related.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • jenkkijenkki Member

@emgh said: emgh

You must have learned a lot. :smiley:

• emghemgh Member

@Mumbly said: Started random talk about something completely irrelevant and non-related.

He ALWAYS do. ALWAYS.

He never even realizes it himself.

edited January 5

@jenkki said:

@stefeman said: Finnish army did not siege Leningrad, nor did we ever fight there lol

Don't talk nonsense. Finnish troops bombed Leningrad during the blockade and the road of life on Ladoga was bombed by Finnish units.

It was the Finns who initiated the blockade of Leningrad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Leningrad#Finnish_participation

Finnish military forces were north of Leningrad, while German forces occupied territories to the south. Both German and Finnish forces had the goal of encircling Leningrad and maintaining the blockade perimeter, thus cutting off all communication with the city and preventing the defenders from receiving any supplies – although Finnish participation in the blockade mainly consisted of a recapture of lands lost in the Winter War. The Germans planned on lack of food being their chief weapon against the citizens; German scientists had calculated the city would reach starvation after only a few weeks.

According to Soviet claims, the Finnish advance was stopped in September through resistance by the Karelian Fortified Region; however, Finnish troops had already earlier in August 1941 received orders to halt the advance after reaching their goals, some of which lay beyond the pre-Winter War border. After reaching their respective goals, the Finns halted their advance and started moving troops to East Karelia.

For the next three years, the Finns did little to contribute to the battle for Leningrad, maintaining their lines. Their headquarters rejected German pleas for aerial attacks against Leningrad and did not advance farther south from the Svir River in occupied East Karelia (160 kilometres northeast of Leningrad), which they had reached on 7 September.

There is so much of source material in various languages, it becomes impossible for even Russia to claim this before they've had few years of book burnings and elimination of history from internet and some more years of creating evidence and claims from nothing.

All of this stuff was extensively covered in Numberg trials. Your claim of airstrikes is bullshit as always.

You are too early with these claims, the Kermlin is not ready yet with the supporting source material my friend.

• emghemgh Member

@jenkki said:

@emgh said: emgh

You must have learned a lot. :smiley:

Actual russian propaganda lol:

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited January 5

@stefeman said:

@jenkki said:

It was the Finns who initiated the blockade of Leningrad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Leningrad#Finnish_participation

All of this stuff was extensively covered in Numberg trials. Your claim of airstrikes is bullshit as always.

That's all Western propaganda, all Western propaganda ... Life behind the Iron Curtain was life in abundance and everyone was happy.
    Look at eastern Berlin. They still curse the day when they tore down this damn wall by accident and forcefully reunificate with their Western brothers.

Thanked by 2emgh PulsedMedia
  • jenkkijenkki Member

@emgh said: He never even realizes it himself.

I gave just example of other prices in a neighboring country than caused mass stress of locals and their some guests.

As a result, there were accusations related to history and politics. Five people jumped in with all sorts of Gulags and propaganda pictures. And I'm guilty of something else?

That's an interesting way of putting it.

Keep going if you want.

• emghemgh Member

@jenkki said:

@emgh said: He never even realizes it himself.

I gave just example of other prices in a neighboring country than caused mass stress of locals and their some guests.

As a result, there were accusations related to history and politics. Five people jumped in with all sorts of Gulags and propaganda pictures. And I'm guilty of something else?

That's an interesting way of putting it.

Keep going if you want.

As I said:

@emgh said:
    @jenkki I'm going to Amsterdam next month, since you're so rich in Russia, and we're so poor in Europe, wanna come along?

edited January 5

@jenkki said:

Most of them were thieves and criminals, The joke never said anything about them being political prisoners, despite let's be honest, i'm sure there were plenty lol.

The joke was about how happy the place was since there was food for as long as you lived, which was not usually very long lol, but that was omitted obviously from the joke.

It was a joke cause during that time, people were short on food, but gulags were not since even rats counted as extra protein there.

Think of it as a sarcastic way of describing the bountiful life in Soviet Union. There was also same amount of jokes about how good the Justice of USA and UK is. (Spoiler: It wasen't). People were hunt down for having leftist views and their lives were ruined and former war heroes were chemically castrated as a thanks for helping to solve the Enigma machine or inventing nuclear weapons that have brought the longest lasting peaceful era in human history in form of M.A.D doctrine and nuclear energy.