Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Black Friday 2023 - Email hosting that spammers crave (but can't have) - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Black Friday 2023 - Email hosting that spammers crave (but can't have)

Comments

• @jar said:

@oriend said:
    So the only way to pay with cryptocurrency is via coinbase as @watchme said above?

When I last logged into coinbase commerce it asked me if I wanted to only get paid in USD and no longer have to deal with all of these individual coins on my side. I said yes. It wasn't clear on what that meant for the process. It sounds like that's what it meant. I like it, since I have like $300 stuck in coins that I can't get out unless I buy more coins to help pull them out from previous payments, the whole crypto process is just annoying as fuck.

Maybe try implementing coinpayments like some other providers, if you have some spare time. I understand your view, but on the other hand, crypto payments were really smooth experience for me as a customer. One additional plus is that you won't have to deal with refunds and chargebacks. :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@webcraft said:

@jar said:

@LTniger said:
    Heh, as I see single server was deployed for small plan. "Wednesday". Is this inspired from Adams Family?

I wanted to get Witcher in on it but I couldn't get it migrated in time. Wednesday just has so much free space.

How many servers do you have? I remeber "friday" from another sale and some named after companies (e.g. redbull), if they still exist after migration.

I've got 18 DirectAdmin servers, and 5 cPanel servers remaining.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@oriend said: Maybe try implementing coinpayments like some other providers

Not available to US based companies.

• Will I have any problems buying multiple accounts, one personal and at least a couple for different businesses (separate LLCs), or should I contact you first? I don't want to get flagged by some anti-fraud system. Thanks.

@tdworz said:
    Will I have any problems buying multiple accounts, one personal and at least a couple for different businesses (separate LLCs), or should I contact you first? I don't want to get flagged by some anti-fraud system. Thanks.

Shouldn’t be a problem

Thanked by 1tdworz
  • JosephFJosephF Member
    edited November 2023

Is the 100GB/$30/3yr plan ever gonna come back?

• @didtav said:
    already have $10/year but couldn't resist $5/y .

is it possible to transfer or give the previous one to someone else?

I bought the same but haven't used it yet. I would love it if there were some way to not waste the $10.

@cname said:

@didtav said:
    already have $10/year but couldn't resist $5/y .

is it possible to transfer or give the previous one to someone else?

I bought the same but haven't used it yet. I would love it if there were some way to not waste the $10.

I won’t lie, wasting the $10 plan and canceling it because you replaced it with a new promo is an intentional way to partially phase out older promos for newer ones.

You could call it a few things but with my honesty about my intentions and not forcing anyone’s hand, it’s at least not misleading 💜

Thanked by 1cname
    edited November 2023

This looks like it could be the answer for a lot of questions for people: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/190405/rcloudsystems-blackfriday-emailsync-emailbackup-4-bonuses-5-yr-limited-time

@risharde get in here and hype this to my customers 💜

• @jar said:

Plz can u do few 100gb plans ? Any chances of that happening ?

Thanked by 1jar

@raza19 said:

@jar said:

Plz can u do few 100gb plans ? Any chances of that happening ?

Probably not this round due to server availability.

Thanked by 1raza19
    edited November 2023

@LTniger said:
    @jar probably your servers hammered with IMAPSync, please be aware that performance is abysmal when browsing folders with > 5000 emails.

If this is on the wednesday.mxrouting.net server, check and see if this is fixed. Some performance enhancements that tested fine in staging, I’m rolling out to 1 production server to observe feedback.

• How can I see what server my account is on?

• @josephf said:
    How can I see what server my account is on?

Well... Mx record shows this as well as smtp and imap/pop3.

I didn't knew that jar manages cpanel servers. Ha, does those servers work better than directadmin?

• @LTniger said:
    Ha, does those servers work better than directadmin?

They're slowly phased out afaik. I doubt they have all the featueres the DA servers have.

• @webcraft said:

@LTniger said:

They're slowly phased out afaik. I doubt they have all the featueres the DA servers have.

What additional features does DA have?

• @josephf said:

@webcraft said:

@LTniger said:

What additional features does DA have?

No, custom features that @jar built in to make it work for various extras like crossbox.

Switching from cpanel was more about money. But also I can’t maintain a custom cpanel template without updating it every month, they just won’t leave things alone.

• @jar said:
    Switching from cpanel was more about money. But also I can’t maintain a custom cpanel template without updating it every month, they just won’t leave things alone.

Do you live good life with dignity from email services provided or you must work at walmart 12 hours 6 days a week additionaly?

Thanked by 1jar

@LTniger said:

@jar said:

Do you live good life with dignity from email services provided or you must work at walmart 12 hours 6 days a week additionaly?

It’s not a life of luxury but I’m very happy and we’re very well provided for. The only big ask we have this year is a generator that can work off of natural gas, as going a week or two without power isn’t too strange in Harleton, TX.

Thanked by 2Levi user123

Here's a tip for providers. You might like this one @crunchbits:

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @jar I saw a Reddit thread about this a while ago, but does CrossBox (on MXRoute) have 2FA support? Last I heard it was only partially implemented (i.e. pointless).

(I'd like to have Google/Apple-style app passwords at some point in the future, and I'd be more than willing to go to a higher package to get this. Much better than a singular password for everything related to a single mailbox.)

@doghouch said:
    @jar I saw a Reddit thread about this a while ago, but does CrossBox (on MXRoute) have 2FA support? Last I heard it was only partially implemented (i.e. pointless).

(I'd like to have Google/Apple-style app passwords at some point in the future, and I'd be more than willing to go to a higher package to get this. Much better than a singular password for everything related to a single mailbox.)

It does, but since it's only one entry path to an email it's not that useful.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @jar said:

@doghouch said:
    @jar I saw a Reddit thread about this a while ago, but does CrossBox (on MXRoute) have 2FA support? Last I heard it was only partially implemented (i.e. pointless).

It does, but since it's only one entry path to an email it's not that useful.

Damn, ninja reply. Thanks for the info.

Thanked by 1jar

881 packages sold, LET is hungry for promos this year.

• KernelPanicKernelPanic Member
    edited November 2023

@jar said: 881 packages sold, LET is hungry for promos this year.

MORE!!!

Thanked by 1jar

Added a few more servers to the provision list for these promos.

• @jar said:

I missed it by few seconds. Coupon got added in the cart, I reached the payment page. And when I selected the payment method to stripe, it said 'coupon cannot be applied to your order' and invoice changed back to normal pricing.

Only if I was few clicks faster than others.

Thanked by 2jar user123

@rooti said:

@jar said:

I missed it by few seconds. Coupon got added in the cart, I reached the payment page. And when I selected the payment method to stripe, it said 'coupon cannot be applied to your order' and invoice changed back to normal pricing.

Only if I was few clicks faster than others.

I don't even understand how people were that fast. That was ridiculous lol

Thanked by 2user123 vikram
  • KernelPanicKernelPanic Member
    edited November 2023

You cannot use coupon codes now, please contact support to apply discount to your order

Heh :#

Is the coupon code supposed to work on specific plans? Initially I was getting the same coupon cannot be applied to your order error and now this.