Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Black Friday 2023 - Email hosting that spammers crave (but can't have) - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Black Friday 2023 - Email hosting that spammers crave (but can't have)

1151617181921»

Comments

• JosephFJosephF Member

@jar said:
    I sold 1500 of the small packages. I don’t think I’ll restock them but I’ll keep it in mind for next Black Friday, no promises.

I'd love to see Black Friday deals on the very large plans...

Thanked by 1jar
  • EtaoinEtaoin Member

I'm not really into purchasing your service (I self host my email), but I'm just curious to ask -- do you deliver successfully to outlook, and how?

• JerryHouJerryHou Member

do you deliver successfully to outlook

as a user, the answer is yes. I sent several test mails to my outlook and reply, all received timely.

Thanked by 1jar
  • ProxecureProxecure Member

@lzy666 said:

@jar said:

@JosephF said:

@jar said:

@default said:
    WOW! A great Black Friday offer that is still active!

It’s just straight up doubling revenue this year. It’s all sustainable too. I’m just gonna milk it and stockpile money to pay its bills.

I'm the last guy to understand business financing and pricing strategies, but is the Medium plan that much more sustainable than the Small plan?

Keeping the Small BF plan out of stock keeps out most of the Chinese v2board users.

It would be great if the small plan could be restocked. I really want the small plan. I can’t use up the medium plan. It feels like such a waste. :'(

Yeah, same here, waiting for small plan

Thanked by 1lzy666
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2

@Etaoin said:
    I'm not really into purchasing your service (I self host my email), but I'm just curious to ask -- do you deliver successfully to outlook, and how?

Yep. You have to ask them for temporary mitigation for new IPs and then from the moment they give it, your IP has to be seen by their system continually, delivering emails that are barely ever marked as spam by recipients or their horrible filters (which you can neither control nor predict). Reputation isn’t static, you’re always fighting for it and if they don’t see your IP enough it pretty much resets.

That’s why I only use one /24 because too many IPs means no single IP hits their system often enough to keep a high reputation.

Thanked by 1Etaoin
  • EtaoinEtaoin Member

@jar said:

@Etaoin said:

Yep. You have to ask them for temporary mitigation for new IPs and then from the moment they give it, your IP has to be seen by their system continually, delivering emails that are barely ever marked as spam by recipients or their horrible filters (which you can neither control nor predict). Reputation isn’t static, you’re always fighting for it and if they don’t see your IP enough it pretty much resets.

That’s why I only use one /24 because too many IPs means no single IP hits their system often enough to keep a high reputation.

Wow. Considering the number of people you serve, it must be a consistent flow of emails even divided by 256. Sounds like basically impossible for individual self-hoster.

Thanks for answering and much respect of what you do; I will choose your service whenever I change my mind on mail solution (read: when I actually need to email anything serious)

Thanked by 1jar
  • luissousaluissousa Member

@jar Could you consider supporting the "redirect" sieve action? Would be very helpful!

@luissousa said:
    @jar Could you consider supporting the "redirect" sieve action? Would be very helpful!

I had to disable it. Long story. I’d like to add it back one day but I have to change a lot of things to do it well.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • JosephFJosephF Member

@jar said:

@luissousa said:

I had to disable it. Long story. I’d like to add it back one day but I have to change a lot of things to do it well.

What does that function do?

@JosephF said:

@jar said:

@luissousa said:

It redirects an email to another address. Basically a forwarder but you can have conditions on it. It has some drawbacks when used as an unconditional remote forwarder (as opposed to a forwarder configured in the actual “Forwarders” GUI) and I couldn’t stop anyone from using it that way without disabling it completely. It got a bit out of hand and the drawbacks reached critical mass.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • luissousaluissousa Member

@jar said:

@JosephF said:

@jar said:

@luissousa said:

It redirects an email to another address. Basically a forwarder but you can have conditions on it. It has some drawbacks when used as an unconditional remote forwarder (as opposed to a forwarder configured in the actual “Forwarders” GUI) and I couldn’t stop anyone from using it that way without disabling it completely. It got a bit out of hand and the drawbacks reached critical mass.

Interesting! Thanks

Thanked by 1jar

We’ve added the ability to use AI to compose an email to webmail.mxroute.com. It only receives input that you specifically send it, of course. Get in here!

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • 1nf1nf Member

@jar said:
    We’ve added the ability to use AI to compose an email to webmail.mxroute.com. It only receives input that you specifically send it, of course. Get in here!

I used the funny option for this one.

Thanked by 2jar MGarbis
  • EtaoinEtaoin Member

Is the median package sold out?

• @jar I just noticed that you added the additional Roundcube Plus skins to the webmail.
    I got all gushy inside. :smile:
    I love it! And thanks so much!

Thanked by 1jar
  • vitobottavitobotta Member

@jar long thread… what is the best offer currently? I need around 10 GB for a few domains/mailboxes and I am thinking to switch back to mxroute.

• @vitobotta said:
    @jar long thread… what is the best offer currently? I need around 10 GB for a few domains/mailboxes and I am thinking to switch back to mxroute.

switching back to jar is clever. ;)

@hyperblast said:

@vitobotta said:

switching back to jar is clever. ;)

I didn't have any problems with the service. I was just self hosting for a few months for fun since I self hosted a lot of things, but I stopped doing that altogether so I can spend my free time more on bug bounties. So I switched to Hetzner hosting until now just to keep my Hetzner account active, but since I am using their Storage Share service (Nextcloud), I don't need to use the hosting anymore for that.

BTW do I understand it correctly that MXRoute has push support for Apple Mail? Just to be sure.

• ample4605ample4605 Member

@vitobotta said:

+1

• @taruppee1447 said:
    @jar I just noticed that you added the additional Roundcube Plus skins to the webmail.
    I got all gushy inside. :smile:
    I love it! And thanks so much!

I'm not seeing any additional skins / addons - can you please elaborate on how to access them?

TIA

• @ypmLA77zcs
    In your webmail @ webmail.mxroute.com go to user interface in the settings. I'm seeing like 12 interface skins.

• JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited May 27

@vitobotta said:
    BTW do I understand it correctly that MXRoute has push support for Apple Mail? Just to be sure.

Yup. All servers have had it running for a while now.

Edit: just noticed the date of the post...

• ypmLA77zcsypmLA77zcs Member
    edited May 28

@taruppee1447
    I'm not seeing any skin, but I'm using the custom webmail domain as described here

Also I'm on a lifetime promo, could this be why I'm not seeing the skins? @jar

Edit - I was able to login at webmail.mxroute.com, and I see the skins but the webmail at my custom domain is different (simpler, more basic) in comparison. So the only possible explanation I can find is that @jar has not enabled / installed the latest RoundCube everywhere

@ypmLA77zcs said:
    @taruppee1447
    I'm not seeing any skin, but I'm using the custom webmail domain as described here

Also I'm on a lifetime promo, could this be why I'm not seeing the skins? @jar

Edit - I was able to login at webmail.mxroute.com, and I see the skins but the webmail at my custom domain is different (simpler, more basic) in comparison. So the only possible explanation I can find is that @jar has not enabled / installed the latest RoundCube everywhere

It's only at webmail.mxroute.com. It's around $500/year per Roundcube installation for those plugins/themes, so I'm only going to put it on one copy.

• @jar said:

It's only at webmail.mxroute.com. It's around $500/year per Roundcube installation for those plugins/themes, so I'm only going to put it on one copy.

Thanks @jar, makes sense. Any other difference between using my custom webmail and webmail.mxroute.com? If I had some identities created at my custom webmail - would those be available at webmail.mxroute.com? What about any other settings - would they be saved / kept between the two webmail interfaces?

@ypmLA77zcs said:

@jar said:

Thanks @jar, makes sense. Any other difference between using my custom webmail and webmail.mxroute.com? If I had some identities created at my custom webmail - would those be available at webmail.mxroute.com? What about any other settings - would they be saved / kept between the two webmail interfaces?

It would have a different database. Folder subscriptions and filters are probably all that cross between them.

Thanked by 1ypmLA77zcs