Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Black Friday 2023 - Email hosting that spammers crave (but can't have) - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Black Friday 2023 - Email hosting that spammers crave (but can't have)

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dbrexleman said:
    Looks tasty! @jar are newsletters allowed (solicited) or does that count as marketing emails even if people subscribed?

As long as it’s not marketing and it’s double opt in go for it 💜

Thanked by 2dbrexleman zirius

You know I bitch about many of the hostloc users that drive me nuts when I launch a promo, but they're a tiny fraction in comparison to the rest of you. Glad to have so many more of you on board this year!

• @jar said:
    You know I bitch about many of the hostloc users that drive me nuts when I launch a promo, but they're a tiny fraction in comparison to the rest of you. Glad to have so many more of you on board this year!

Hostloc seems to be a Chinese VPS forum. Are you able to read what's going on there?

Thanked by 1jar

@josephf said:

@jar said:

Hostloc seems to be a Chinese VPS forum. Are you able to read what's going on there?

I assume it’s mostly like:

Asshole1: “Hey guys let’s do some chargebacks today!”

Asshole2: “Yeah but first let’s use a unique but obviously fake identity and a new IP per order, and place orders until they’re out of stock but never pay for them!”

Asshole3: “Let’s do both! We'll split the forum members evenly and make sure we time it right so we all start together!”

• Do you offer temporary domain name while I try to figure what domain should I get.

• @jar said:

I want to be on board for as long as I have the money to renew my domain and my Mxroute package! :D

• @jar said:

@LTniger said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@LTniger said:
    @jar probably your servers hammered with IMAPSync, please be aware that performance is abysmal when browsing folders with > 5000 emails.

If this is on the wednesday.mxrouting.net server, check and see if this is fixed. Some performance enhancements that tested fine in staging, I’m rolling out to 1 production server to observe feedback.

I am using Outlook.
    Email attachments download very slowly.
    Send and receive triggers too late.
    It is very slow when an operation is done through the server.

I think you need to check your service's cpu ram internet speed.
    A very slow connection is not a pleasant situation.

There’s definitely no issue with resources. An MTR may be relevant in this case.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | WinMTR statistics |
    | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
    |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
    | 192.168.1.1 - 0 | 221 | 221 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 1 |
    | 172.17.1.88 - 0 | 221 | 221 | 1 | 3 | 365 | 2 |
    | 109.3.146.159.srv.turk.net - 2 | 210 | 207 | 2 | 6 | 365 | 5 |
    | 110.3.146.159.srv.turk.net - 0 | 221 | 221 | 1 | 3 | 365 | 2 |
    | 113.3.146.159.srv.turk.net - 14 | 143 | 123 | 3 | 7 | 365 | 3 |
    | 185.1.226.72 - 0 | 221 | 221 | 17 | 19 | 365 | 18 |
    | No response from host - 100 | 44 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
    | 45.43.208.39 - 59 | 67 | 28 | 146 | 154 | 365 | 146 |
    |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
    WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Doesn't look like terribly high latency. I'm stumped. Just for transparency I'll show resource side: https://mxbin.io/Bjistt

I think the response time is too slow compared to 1000/1000 internet speed.
    Still, I recommend you check it out.
    Testing is still ongoing, not completed. https://prnt.sc/XZ_hXyAIbVyc

Yikes. 70% packet loss, all at the end point. Don't understand that.

What do you think of transparency?
    What path to follow?

Definitely looking into it

Well, I will wait for your answer.

So it seems that the wednesday.mxrouting.net server is only sometimes responding to ICMP traffic. I don't know why. It's not something I did. But I can SSH to it fine from the same location that I can't ping it from, so I guess not that big of a deal. Still though, kind of ruins using an MTR to troubleshoot real problems you're experiencing. Looking into it.

Icmp rate limit is default for csf.

Indeed. I turned that off and I'm sitting here with a split terminal open. On one side, 100% packet loss with ping. On the other side, open SSH session without even a little input delay (over satellite, still amazes me).

Since it's online and fully functional and the ICMP failure is only serving to mask troubleshooting with one customer I'm going to avoid kicking a hornet's nest for now and revisit this tomorrow.

Any progress ? https://prnt.sc/1T8_15USvCax

• @xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@LTniger said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@LTniger said:
    @jar probably your servers hammered with IMAPSync, please be aware that performance is abysmal when browsing folders with > 5000 emails.

If this is on the wednesday.mxrouting.net server, check and see if this is fixed. Some performance enhancements that tested fine in staging, I’m rolling out to 1 production server to observe feedback.

I am using Outlook.

There’s definitely no issue with resources. An MTR may be relevant in this case.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | WinMTR statistics |
    |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
    |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

Doesn't look like terribly high latency. I'm stumped. Just for transparency I'll show resource side: https://mxbin.io/Bjistt

What path to follow?

So it seems that the wednesday.mxrouting.net server is only sometimes responding to ICMP traffic. I don't know why. It's not something I did. But I can SSH to it fine from the same location that I can't ping it from, so I guess not that big of a deal. Still though, kind of ruins using an MTR to troubleshoot real problems you're experiencing. Looking into it.

Indeed. I turned that off and I'm sitting here with a split terminal open. On one side, 100% packet loss with ping. On the other side, open SSH session without even a little input delay (over satellite, still amazes me).

Since it's online and fully functional and the ICMP failure is only serving to mask troubleshooting with one customer I'm going to avoid kicking a hornet's nest for now and revisit this tomorrow.

You are getting a bit annoying. Let the man rest on Sunday. The holy day. The day that one can drink, fck and relax.

• @LTniger said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@LTniger said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@LTniger said:

I am using Outlook.

| WinMTR statistics |

What path to follow?

You are getting a bit annoying. Let the man rest on Sunday. The holy day. The day that one can drink, fck and relax.

You're not telling me I'm not supposed to be doing those on the other days of the week?

• @LTniger said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@LTniger said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@xemorytr said:

@jar said:

@LTniger said:

I am using Outlook.

| WinMTR statistics |

What path to follow?

What interests you? I saw it on the forum and asked, if the answers are available, mind your own business.

• @jar said:

@dbrexleman said:
    Looks tasty! @jar are newsletters allowed (solicited) or does that count as marketing emails even if people subscribed?

As long as it’s not marketing and it’s double opt in go for it 💜

I'm thinking of using MXRoute for my personal email forwarding. But occasionally my inbox is graced with marketing emails or the odd message from [XXX]. So, if I reroute these gems to my real email address, am I playing with fire here?

• @jar said:

I believe many members of LET are glad you are active here as well!

Glad that I also signed up this Black Friday! So far it's all went well, from signing up to setting up, all in the FAQ or Document!

Thanks @jar !

• Please double my Taylor Swift tickets # 696969

• Just request cancelled my bf2020 which is usd10 for 10g. And I am tossed between whether to take the saving of 15/3yrs or get the upgrade to 25g, for 30/3yrs. Seriously this BF deal is epic!

• @jar said:

@josephf said:

@jar said:

I assume it’s mostly like:

Asshole1: “Hey guys let’s do some chargebacks today!”

Asshole2: “Yeah but first let’s use a unique but obviously fake identity and a new IP per order, and place orders until they’re out of stock but never pay for them!”

Asshole3: “Let’s do both! We'll split the forum members evenly and make sure we time it right so we all start together!”

As for the first perfect match, I don't seem to have seen the second one, but the most common one is that they immediately resell the premium on the forum after locking in the super discount order, and quickly make profits. Maybe through a robot.
    This is disgusting.

Thanked by 2crunchbits jar
  • Ill buy tomorrow

Thanked by 1jar
  • As a new customer I am blown away! I'm already seeing a reduction in junk mail. It is super easy to set up and move mailboxes especially once I noticed the built in iMapSync interface. I wish I would have signed up sooner. Thanks for the great deal!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @travmed said:
    As a new customer I am blown away! I'm already seeing a reduction in junk mail.

Who was your previous email provider?

• @forces said:
    Just request cancelled my bf2020 which is usd10 for 10g. And I am tossed between whether to take the saving of 15/3yrs or get the upgrade to 25g, for 30/3yrs. Seriously this BF deal is epic!

It's the space difference only so see if you need it now or within the 1-2years?

• When is the promotion ending?

• @troya said:
    When is the promotion ending?

At the next attempted, illegitimate, chargeback. Better move fast!

Thanked by 1alento
  • @uekix said:
    Do you offer temporary domain name while I try to figure what domain should I get.

.shop is $0.38 at namecheap with code BFCMTLD23. Seems temporary enough by my standards.

For Cyber Monday I'm simply adding some stock to these plans. I think I'm tapped on unique offers for the year.

ALERT! FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!

Comment your order # below for implied virtual high fives!

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • Order #651849536

Thanked by 1jar
  • loayloay Member
    edited November 2023

#166245185 double bandwidth please

@jar said:
    ALERT! FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!

Comment your order # below for implied virtual high fives!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Order #394587763

Thanked by 1jar
  • Order #1353556608

Thanked by 1jar
  • Order #1710057980

Thanked by 1jar
  • Order #1434182378

Thanked by 1jar