Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 218
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@zqm840527 said:
    @VirMach

Ticket #394968

Hi, do you have any update about San Jose's network problem? Node SJCZ005, it's been like over 10 days, ping from US has about 25% packet loss, respond time can reach 5000ms or more. Do you know when will this be solved? Thank you.

San Jose, we have bigger problem of the node failing that I'm trying to resolve quickly but it keeps dragging into the next day with all the other issues. I'm trying to overnight a new server and trying to get it into rescue mode to move everyone off.

Then we'll address any remaining network issues there.

Thanked by 3dudulu zqm840527 FrankZ

@sky3967 said:
    @VirMach
    So when will Tokyo VPS, which has been offline since the service activity, be processed?
    From the first feedback until now, there is no fix process

These are considered as never activated and are not currently considered high priority unfortunately with everything else going on. You'll get it provisioned, or you can request a refund still.

And when it's provisioned, you'll get a full term of service, as in the due date will be adjusted.

Thanked by 2FrankZ bakageta

@Sahu1990 said:
    Hello, is there any update on Tokyo storage server ?
    @VirMach

It's 99.9% ready, I just haven't had time for it with everything else going on. Focusing on trying to get Amsterdam fixed and next batch of servers sent out as well as other issues.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • cgs3238cgs3238 Member

@VirMach said:

@Sahu1990 said:
    Hello, is there any update on Tokyo storage server ?
    @VirMach

It's 99.9% ready, I just haven't had time for it with everything else going on. Focusing on trying to get Amsterdam fixed and next batch of servers sent out as well as other issues.

So it’s possible to fix or delivery something each several days.

• I hope the refund ticket could be processed before activating the storage plan in tokyo, I now wish to refund rather than activate.
    Thank you.

• CalypsoCalypso Member

@VirMach said:
    By the way my edit was only a couple minutes later I'm pretty sure.

That information is available to everybody: original reply: 3:33, edited 3:35. Reply of @somever: 3:39. So your edit was available (on somever's timescale) 20 minutes already.

edited May 2022

Los Angeles Update - After about 2 weeks delay we're finally getting these up tonight/early after midnight. Storage hopefully shortly after but no ETA.

Amsterdam Update - Still waiting on xTom remote hands, they stopped replying after scheduling to do it around 2PM PST (it's now ~10:40PM PST.)

San Jose Update - Replacement motherboard and servers have been prepared to send in the morning, overnight shipping but may arrive Monday. Still working on getting the server functional as well with minimal luck. I do know how to fix it but I don't trust the remote hands, they can easily make it worse and lose data and based on previous performance and how all the remote hands requests have been going recently I just don't want to do it; this is one of the reasons for the extreme delay. If we can't get it at least working on a minimal level we'll have to have them send it back so I can fix it or get the data off. I'd fly in and do it, just a terrible week and haven't had time. Other San Jose servers also getting replacements so we'll have more room here to move people around and fix networking as well.

Tokyo Storage Update - We need DC hands to check on a cable on this one, four drives disappeared recently so it's probably one of the cables being loose on the RAID controller.

Frankfurt Update - Multiple servers stuck in a UPS warehouse but getting daily scans, I have no idea what's going on, going to try contacting UPS but based on the previous 50 times I've contacted them, I doubt they'll be helpful.

Miami Update - Multiple servers delivered to the wrong address, according to QuadraNet they never received them. Probably lost forever and we're short servers for Miami if that has happened.

Tokyo Ryzen Update - Looks like at least two servers delivered to the wrong address here as well, it's marked as delivered in the completely wrong city... big sigh

(edit) Extra crappy thing for Tokyo is that to be able to ship the servers quickly for around $120 each instead of like $700 each we have to go with a special service that doesn't allow us to purchase insurance on them. I mean even with two servers lost we still saved money this way but it just sucks. Not that they'd even honor insurance on these though, I have a feeling UPS will not admit they delivered it to the wrong address and just pay up and even if they did pay it doesn't give us more time to source parts, build it and ship it out again.

edited May 2022

Some better news though, we're almost done packing and sending off ALL the rest of the servers to ALL locations to fill out the existing non-Psychz cabinets to speed up migrations to Ryzen, ETA is a few days on that if everything else doesn't further crash and burn.

(edit) That's around 90 additional servers all done, it's going to look comical when they're all boxed up and ready to pick up, I'll try to take a photo.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Let's all hope one day we will have our Ryzen running peacefully...

• _MS__MS_ Member

VirMach:

Thanked by 3ehab FrankZ coreflux
  • @FAT32 said:
    Let's all hope one day we will have our Ryzen running peacefully...

yeah.

• grittygritty Member

the network of san jose location, it looks so bad

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • Eagerly awaiting a NYC Metro update :)

@gritty said:

Made some temporary improvements for now.

• davidavi Member

I have 11 VPS from @VirMach. And some of them I ordered as OpenVZ and got free upgrade to KVM with better spec. OpenVz to KVM migration was very smooth. And now few days back some are migrated to Ryzen again without any extra cost. And I tested one Ryzen at Amsterdam which has really great performance. As I know this time Ryzen migration is not so smooth and has some technical issues so I do not have any live or critical data on @VirMach VMs. I have high trust that all VMs will be rock solid soon like they were in past.

• grittygritty Member

@VirMach said:

@gritty said:

Made some temporary improvements for now.

thx, it looks better now

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

Appreciate the honest update. Had some services on a new box in Amsterdam that shouldn't be offline too long. Just restored those from backups (always have backups when dealing on LET 🙈). So no pressure. I'm sure it's all solvable.

• nutjobnutjob Member

@somever said:

@nutjob said:

@somever said:

@VirMach said:
    No reply for that

Does $3 migration means scam?

It seems the smaller the amount of money involved the ruder and more childish people are.

At the first time, Virmach simply reply with "No reply for that."
    That's all he said for my question.
    Only four word showing his arrogant.
    So isn't that reply rude and childish ??

And after 10 minutes, he add with (edit) bla bla

It seems you don't know what's happened and have double standards judging people.

Not at all, anyone who acts like a child is judged a child. Doesn't matter who they are. If you don't like it, try growing up.

Fact is you think the world revolves around you and what you want. It doesn't. You think you have a right to be rude and obnoxious. You don't.

If I ran VirMach I would have permabanned you ages ago. People like you are bad for business and bad for all the other customers who know what they are doing, know what they are buying and act accordingly.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2022

@nutjob said: People like you are bad for business and bad for all the other customers who know what they are doing, know what they are buying and act accordingly.

This makes me chuckle.
    Yea, experts who know what they are doing and act accordingly don't buy VPSes to put them in actual production anytime soon if ever... but to run some benchmark every now and then when VPS appear online to enjoy feeling of warmth in nice bench numbers, right? Go tell him, tiger!

@Samael said: It's not the end of the world because of the virmach fiasco, it's just sucks how things turned out and I usually respond just because of some people still vigorously defend them and blame other clients in this miserable situation even though there's nothing to defend really.

Thanked by 1windtune
  • KensouKensou Member

Hope my VPS will be migrated soon. If you can open the ryzen migration button again, I would definitely choose a choice that can be migrated immediately.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited May 2022

@Kensou said:
    Hope my VPS will be migrated soon. If you can open the ryzen migration button again, I would definitely choose a choice that can be migrated immediately.

Half of people in this topic is curing Ryzen and (lack of) stability, show images of 90% loss... Amsterdam offline for like 24 hours and you want to migrate, immediately. Everything okey there bud?

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • MumblyMumbly Member

@JabJab said: Amsterdam offline for like 24 hours

38 and counting :p

• u104b230u104b230 Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach The node SJCZ008 started to have problems 3 hours ago. I understand that you are busy with other issues right now, I can wait. Have a nice day. :D

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@gritty said:

@u104b230 said:
    @VirMach The node SJCZ008 started to have problems 3 hours ago. I understand that you are busy with other issues right now, I can wait. Have a nice day. :D

Same at SJCZ006.
    SSH disconnects all the time.
    It's MJJ @dahartigan 's fault.

@davi said:
    I have 11 VPS from @VirMach. And some of them I ordered as OpenVZ and got free upgrade to KVM with better spec. OpenVz to KVM migration was very smooth. And now few days back some are migrated to Ryzen again without any extra cost. And I tested one Ryzen at Amsterdam which has really great performance. As I know this time Ryzen migration is not so smooth and has some technical issues so I do not have any live or critical data on @VirMach VMs. I have high trust that all VMs will be rock solid soon like they were in past.

I have 2 VPS from VirMach.
    I had one ordered as OpenVZ and got free migration to KVM with same spec, but I cancelled it last year.
    OpenVZ to KVM migration was very smooth.
    And I tested one EPYC at Singapore which has really poor performance.
    As I know this time Ryen migration is not so smooth and has some technical issues but I still have live and critical data on VirMach VMs.
    I have high trust that all VMs will be melted down eventually like they were in past.

edited May 2022

Los Angeles Update

• Geekbench results look good, below for 6 servers.

• Networking looks good. Simultaneous YABS for networking below for 6 servers.

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 850 Mbits/sec | 319 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 845 Mbits/sec | 302 Mbits/sec
    Hybula | The Netherlands (40G) | 835 Mbits/sec | 537 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 910 Mbits/sec | 451 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 857 Mbits/sec | 297 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 942 Mbits/sec | 942 Mbits/sec

| | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 858 Mbits/sec | 339 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 844 Mbits/sec | 314 Mbits/sec
    Hybula | The Netherlands (40G) | 609 Mbits/sec | 495 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 910 Mbits/sec | 556 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 398 Mbits/sec | 256 Mbits/sec

| | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 857 Mbits/sec | 340 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | busy | 236 Mbits/sec
    Hybula | The Netherlands (40G) | 734 Mbits/sec | 526 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 910 Mbits/sec | 430 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 825 Mbits/sec | 524 Mbits/sec

| | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 853 Mbits/sec | 368 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 842 Mbits/sec | 285 Mbits/sec
    Hybula | The Netherlands (40G) | 762 Mbits/sec | 521 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 910 Mbits/sec | 156 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 849 Mbits/sec | 509 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 941 Mbits/sec | 942 Mbits/sec

| | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 856 Mbits/sec | 296 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 844 Mbits/sec | 238 Mbits/sec
    Hybula | The Netherlands (40G) | 552 Mbits/sec | busy
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 910 Mbits/sec | 146 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 857 Mbits/sec | 513 Mbits/sec

| | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 858 Mbits/sec | 326 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | busy | 179 Mbits/sec
    Hybula | The Netherlands (40G) | 792 Mbits/sec | 510 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 910 Mbits/sec | 467 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 617 Mbits/sec | 458 Mbits/sec

• One disk is missing/having issues but two are fine. I already know how to resolve these and we'll do so in a later maintenance.
    • Six servers have been configured, and functional.

Some creations have begun being processed. I'll go through more later. I spent a lot of time on the above San Jose issues. I just did a temporary fix for them but there's a lot of abusing going on with San Jose and pretty much all of it is networking related. I've shut down a few big accounts and looking into more after a break.

@yoursunny said: Same at SJCZ006.
    SSH disconnects all the time.

SJCZ006 and SJCZ008 were the big ones I saw over the last couple hours of working on it. I had to reboot SJCZ008 to get it functional, I may have to do the same for SJCZ006. I can theoretically fix it without a reboot but it's also not functioning well for me in the current state hence why reboot is required. It's only a few minutes of (initial) work but drags out to hours when I have to avoid rebooting.

• lolmilolmi Member

@VirMach Received a $3 migration refund yesterday, is the $3 migration feature fixed now? Will it still be stuck when moving to a less occupied area now?

edited May 2022

I forgot, LAX isn't going to actually work for any of the created VMs due to new incompatibility bug with libvirtd on latest SolusVM. Patching them now (involves reverting versions.)

For any other hosts facing the same problem, which you will if you do any new setups:

dnf install centos-release-advanced-virtualization
    yum -y downgrade libvirt

May require a few other things but that'll get you on the right track.

Thanked by 2FrankZ Xrmaddness

@lolmi said:
    @VirMach Received a $3 migration refund yesterday, is the $3 migration feature fixed now? Will it still be stuck when moving to a less occupied area now?

Your question should be answered on the ticket.

• Invoice # Invoice Date Due Date Total Status
    1407663 03/27/2022 04/03/2022 $64.00 USD Paid

Department Subject Status Last Updated
    Sales Department

108407 Request a refund

Open 04/28/2022 (09:08)

@VirMach
    I have requested a refund, please help to process it.
    View Ticket #108407

• passwapasswa Member

Due to the suspension of the VPS, it has been half a month since I created a work order, and I have also paid the bandwidth overage fee. Why hasn't it been dealt with?

This discussion has been closed.