Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 219
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• lolmilolmi Member

@VirMach said:

@lolmi said:
    @VirMach Received a $3 migration refund yesterday, is the $3 migration feature fixed now? Will it still be stuck when moving to a less occupied area now?

Your question should be answered on the ticket.

We cannot currently answer any ETA questions or questions related to migration requests. If you want to place a new request, please understand that it may not be successful and you may have to wait a long time for a resolution. We recommend you check for any communication on our website or elsewhere confirming that the issue with migrations have been resolved before making a new request if it's a time sensitive request.

I will pay another $3 to migrate to an unpopular node and hopefully not get stuck again

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2022

@Virmach, please confirm that rDNS requests are suspended for the foreseeable future. My Ticket(s) appear to be Closed with no apparent change. (Stress-induced heart flutters! :o)
    Can you also tell us when this becomes available again, to save opening further Tickets, which in effect block creating Tickets related to other subjects eg. migration.
    Thanks in advance.

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    @Virmach, please confirm that rDNS requests are suspended for the foreseeable future. My Ticket(s) appear to be Closed with no apparent change. (Heart flutters! :o)

Yup it's not working for new Ryzen servers due to different API. (Mentioned in like page 120?)

Thanked by 2FrankZ SinV
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @Virmach, please confirm that rDNS requests are suspended for the foreseeable future. My Ticket(s) appear to be Closed with no apparent change. (Stress-induced heart flutters! :o)
    Can you also tell us when this becomes available again, to save opening further Tickets, which in effect block creating Tickets related to other subjects eg. migration.
    Thanks in advance.

Let me try to get you a good answer on all that today.

• keyupaikeyupai Member

@VirMach SJCZ002 has been broken for almost 2 weeks, when will it be fixed.

• @keyupai said:

Same here.

• bakagetabakageta Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:
    Los Angeles Update
    Some creations have begun being processed. I'll go through more later. I spent a lot of time on the above San Jose issues. I just did a temporary fix for them but there's a lot of abusing going on with San Jose and pretty much all of it is networking related. I've shut down a few big accounts and looking into more after a break.

Nice, looks like I got in on those activations, my 2.5G plan came up a couple hours ago. Since no one else has posted up a YABS yet, here's LAXA005, maybe it'll stop a few people from benchmarking the second it comes up:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-05-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sat May 21 11:59:53 EDT 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 15 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3799.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 2.3 GiB
    Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    Disk       : 49.0 GiB
    Distro     : AlmaLinux 8.6 (Sky Tiger)
    Kernel     : 4.18.0-372.9.1.el8.x86_64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 348.07 MB/s  (87.0k) | 573.05 MB/s   (8.9k)
    Write      | 348.99 MB/s  (87.2k) | 576.07 MB/s   (9.0k)
    Total      | 697.07 MB/s (174.2k) | 1.14 GB/s    (17.9k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 3.20 GB/s     (6.2k) | 6.18 GB/s     (6.0k)
    Write      | 3.37 GB/s     (6.5k) | 6.59 GB/s     (6.4k)
    Total      | 6.58 GB/s    (12.8k) | 12.78 GB/s   (12.4k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 423 Mbits/sec   | 400 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 803 Mbits/sec   | 321 Mbits/sec  
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 748 Mbits/sec   | 546 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 892 Mbits/sec   | 604 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 897 Mbits/sec   | 671 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 941 Mbits/sec   | 942 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1196                          
    Multi Core      | 2301                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/15043842

• @keyupai said: SJCZ002 has been broken for almost 2 weeks

It's almost embarrassing to ask what's the update status with AMS (still waiting on xTom remote hands?) which is down only 2 days :)

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@bakageta - If you want to sneek a little more RAM out of that AlmaLinux O/S it was previously mentioned that you can disable crash kernel.

# Check if crash kernel is enabled
    dmesg | grep Reserving

# Remove crash kernel from grub config and rebuild
    sed -i 's/crashkernel=auto/crashkernel=no/' /etc/default/grub
    grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

reboot

# Check that crash kernel has been disabled. You will still see the ACPI stuff
    dmesg | grep Reserving

edited May 2022

@Rockster said: .. embarrassing to ask what's the update status with AMS

At least you (may?) have one; some of us with the now ancient (08/07/2021) Migration Special are still waiting for the move. ;)

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@AlwaysSkint said: At least you have one; some of us with the now ancient Migration Special are still waiting for the move. ;)

If you no longer wish to wait on that migration special in AMS, I might want to take it off your hands, depending on what size it is. :sunglasses:

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
    edited May 2022

@FrankZ said: ..I might want to take it off your hands..

2GB/40GB - gerroff! :p
    Actually, the Ryzen Special 2.5GB looks to be the better deal of the two. :'( I may take you up on the offer.. hmmm. Got a sore head, now.
    [The early bird didn't really catch the worm.]

... some time later..
    If still interested and @Virmach ain't gonna offer some sweetener for us 'early birds', who get a lesser deal, then I'll pass it over to you. Zero charge, due to your efforts here, except for any Virmach ones that may apply. Next invoice due 08/07/2022 (USA format).

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2022

@AlwaysSkint said: 2GB RAM - gerroff! :p
    Actually, the Ryzen Special 2.5GB looks to be the better deal of the two. :'( I may take you up on the offer.. hmmm. Got a sore head, now.
    [The early bird didn't really catch the worm.]

PM'd you.

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@Rockster said: .. embarrassing to ask what's the update status with AMS

At least you (may?) have one; some of us with the now ancient (08/07/2021) Migration Special are still waiting for the move. ;)

I don't have it really as it's down again :P

But yes, I have also one "migration special" since Jul 10, 2021 waiting for the move, but honestly I am not too eager to move it as ironically this older VPS on the CC network is my only Virmach VPS which actually works :P

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@AlwaysSkint said: If still interested and @Virmach ain't gonna offer some sweetener for us 'early birds', who get a lesser deal, then I'll pass it over to you.

Hey that is why I was going to buy it from you. I really don't think VirMach is going to screw over the 'early birds'. I just think he expected the density on the Ryzens at the time to be much less and priced accordingly. VirMach has always been fair about these things in the past, and I was willing to put my money where my mouth is based on that expectation, but now that you are offering it for free, I feel like I am taking advantage of you.

• @FrankZ said: .. but now that you are offering it for free, I feel like I am taking advantage of you.

Not at all. You'd easily deserve it.

• gdmaxgdmax Member

@VirMach how long node LAKVM9 finish sir

edited May 2022

@Rockster said:

@keyupai said: SJCZ002 has been broken for almost 2 weeks

It's almost embarrassing to ask what's the update status with AMS (still waiting on xTom remote hands?) which is down only 2 days :)

They replied this morning (about 18 hours after scheduled maintenance) saying it's completed but it's not completed. Servers are sitting at 24 hours uptime, after I rebooted them to verify in BIOS the missing disk(s) so at this point I'm just hoping they didn't place our disks in someone else's servers.

@gdmax said:
    @VirMach how long node LAKVM9 finish sir

LAKVM9 has been online for 2+ days. It crashed and returned shortly after on the same day. Lots of VMs are online, and processes appear to be running correctly. I didn't see any VMs offline at a glance but there's always a few VMs offline, that's normal (some people power down their VMs or do not install an OS for some time, etc.)

Let me get the exact numbers for you.

122 VMs.
    118 Online.
    2 Suspended.
    2 Offline.

Thanked by 2Xrmaddness coreflux

@keyupai said:

@picalson said:

@keyupai said:

Same here.

Already answered a page or two back. Same answer.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • CalypsoCalypso Member

@VirMach said:

@Rockster said:

They replied this morning (about 18 hours after scheduled maintenance) saying it's completed but it's not completed. Servers are sitting at 24 hours uptime, after I rebooted them to verify in BIOS the missing disk(s) so at this point I'm just hoping they didn't place our disks in someone else's servers.

When it's all finished, you'll have time to write a book about it. Title suggestion: "What else could go wrong? O, wait..."

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint FrankZ

@AlwaysSkint said: If still interested and @Virmach ain't gonna offer some sweetener for us 'early birds', who get a lesser deal, then I'll pass it over to you. Zero charge, due to your efforts here, except for any Virmach ones that may apply. Next invoice due 08/07/2022 (USA format).

Not sure which deal you mean specifically, but migration specials did come with actual service on E5 nodes as a big part of the deal. I do feel bad we went past our estimates on that and since they have their own unique plans I do have some type of extension or something maybe planned for them as an apology for that.

Anything else you meant, you'll have to spell it out for me as I didn't follow the entire comment chain.

• @VirMach said: .. did come with actual service on E5 nodes as a big part of the deal.

Which is a very valid point; it's just that myself (and it seems, others) didn't feel inclined to use it until migrated. "The Future Is Promises", Texas.

@FrankZ I've a recently opened Ticket for a NYC migration, when that gets closed, we should be cleared for transferring to you. I'll PM when I have no open Ticket.

Thanked by 2Xrmaddness FrankZ
  • xdpxdp Member

@VirMach any updates on NYC? last i recall reading was that there was damaged during shipping so i can only assume you're running into another "if you want something done right, you do it yourself" problem.

no rush but in case of automation glitch: 1397736

cheers

• _MS__MS_ Member

@VirMach said:

@Rockster said:

What if that server didn't have empty slots for additional disks?

Or, it's simply the putting stuff in the wrong hole situation, I guess.

• @xdp I just logged in and see my NYC metro service activated. There's no email (unlike my LA service that was also activated today).
    Thanks @VirMach!

• LAX005 - 1.5G Ryzen

Sat May 21 18:25:16 EDT 2022

Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 1 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3799.998 MHz
    RAM        : 1.3 GiB
    Disk       : 34.2 GiB
    Distro     : AlmaLinux 8.3 (Purple Manul)
    Kernel     : 4.18.0-240.15.1.el8_3.x86_64

Read       | 328.89 MB/s  (82.2k) | 65.38 MB/s    (1.0k)
    Write      | 329.76 MB/s  (82.4k) | 65.82 MB/s    (1.0k)
    Total      | 658.65 MB/s (164.6k) | 131.20 MB/s   (2.0k)
               |                      |                     
    Read       | 416.31 MB/s    (813) | 830.42 MB/s    (810)
    Write      | 438.43 MB/s    (856) | 885.73 MB/s    (864)
    Total      | 854.75 MB/s   (1.6k) | 1.71 GB/s     (1.6k)

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 595 Mbits/sec   | 305 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 815 Mbits/sec   | 251 Mbits/sec  
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 567 Mbits/sec   | 577 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 843 Mbits/sec   | 401 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 905 Mbits/sec   | 673 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 941 Mbits/sec   | 942 Mbits/sec  

NYC013 - Same spec

Sat May 21 18:27:21 EDT 2022

Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 8 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3500.000 MHz
    RAM        : 1.3 GiB
    Disk       : 34.2 GiB
    Distro     : AlmaLinux 8.3 (Purple Manul)
    Kernel     : 4.18.0-240.15.1.el8_3.x86_64

Read       | 273.99 MB/s  (68.4k) | 670.18 MB/s  (10.4k)
    Write      | 274.71 MB/s  (68.6k) | 673.71 MB/s  (10.5k)
    Total      | 548.70 MB/s (137.1k) | 1.34 GB/s    (20.9k)
               |                      |                     
    Read       | 844.51 MB/s   (1.6k) | 1.13 GB/s     (1.1k)
    Write      | 889.38 MB/s   (1.7k) | 1.20 GB/s     (1.1k)
    Total      | 1.73 GB/s     (3.3k) | 2.34 GB/s     (2.2k)

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 11.0 Mbits/sec  | 101 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 42.2 Mbits/sec  | 68.2 Mbits/sec 
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 12.5 Mbits/sec  | 462 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 67.6 Mbits/sec  | 255 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 16.8 Mbits/sec  | 78.8 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 11.0 Mbits/sec  | 85.3 Mbits/sec 

• xprebounxpreboun Member
    edited May 2022

Is there something wrong with the VNC/DHCP on RYZE.LAX-A005.VMS?
    On AlmaLinux 8.5 I'm able to use/connect to internet and once I switched to Netboot it wasn't able to configure net0.
    Netboot had these:

[Link:up (blocked) 
    [RXE: 89 x "The socket is not connected"]
    [RXE: 21 x "The socket is not connected"]
    [RXE: 79 x "Network unreachable"]
    [RXE: 77 x "Operation not supported"]

If manually specify the IP address found on AlmaLinux, then trying to connect to netboot.xyz would say "Connection timeout". Also tried to switch to Intel 1000 network driver, and that doesn't help.

• PeachPeach Signature Restricted

@VirMach said:
    I forgot, LAX isn't going to actually work for any of the created VMs due to new incompatibility bug with libvirtd on latest SolusVM. Patching them now (involves reverting versions.)

For any other hosts facing the same problem, which you will if you do any new setups:

dnf install centos-release-advanced-virtualization
    > yum -y downgrade libvirt

May require a few other things but that'll get you on the right track.

Hi, could you help me solve Ticket #392988, the vps that you actived for me has a wrong location. My order is tokyo , but now it is LA.

• @yoursunny said: It's MJJ @dahartigan 's fault.

Indeed, it was the work of MJJ leader @yoursunny - I'm humbled to serve you MJJ leader @yoursunny

This discussion has been closed.