Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 222
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@JabJab said: // Edit: @VirMach please don't use relative time (eg. tomorrow) in e-mails. Tuesdays. First I need to figure out what timezone it was sent and if tomorrow is Tuesday or Wednesday and then convert time to my local time.

My bad there, I always also include the exact date but it looks like I forgot.

@sljun said:

@brueggus said:

@sljun said: please check router bad??

Hello, please restart your router and try again. Thank you!

VirMach‘s router or superordinate was some problem,not mine.This is a very serious and bad problem!!

Ryzen migrate button is back and we have a lot of space in Los Angeles available. You may potentially use it if it appears for you.

Thanked by 3FAT32 Xrmaddness FrankZ

Sorry guys, trying to activate Los Angeles pre-orders and such but that's actually the reason the website briefly went offline. WHMCS is struggling right now so I'll have to try again later.

• r06ertr06ert Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:

@sljun said:

@brueggus said:

VirMach‘s router or superordinate was some problem,not mine.This is a very serious and bad problem!!

Ryzen migrate button is back and we have a lot of space in Los Angeles available. You may potentially use it if it appears for you.

The VPS that only kept the IP after the last migration will become two IPs after this migration.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Any updates on NYC VPS that has no routable IP (Still showing CC IPs?) after migration? Or should I try the Ryzen migrate feature :smiley:

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • @sljun said:

Share your IP section first

@FAT32 said:
    Any updates on NYC VPS that has no routable IP (Still showing CC IPs?) after migration? Or should I try the Ryzen migrate feature :smiley:

Uhhh, that sounds like a weird one we haven't seen before. If it was part of the scheduled migration then the person handling it may have made a mistake. If the button appears for you then using it could resolve that, yes, but it still carries the risk of completely breaking your VM.

I'd say maybe a week wait if you have a ticket for it and instant but potentially 2-3 weeks wait if it breaks now so it's up to you.

Thanked by 2FAT32 Xrmaddness

@VirMach said:
    Uhhh, that sounds like a weird one we haven't seen before. If it was part of the scheduled migration then the person handling it may have made a mistake. If the button appears for you then using it could resolve that, yes, but it still carries the risk of completely breaking your VM.

I'd say maybe a week wait if you have a ticket for it and instant but potentially 2-3 weeks wait if it breaks now so it's up to you.

Nope I didnt create any ticket, thinking to wait for everything to resolve first :sweat_smile: I am not the only one having the same issue though

Thanked by 2Xrmaddness FrankZ
  • PeachPeach Signature Restricted

@VirMach said:

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach Hi, could you help me solve Ticket #392988, the vps that you actived for me has a wrong location. My order is tokyo , but now it is LA.

Frankfurt Update - Assuming UPS will actually deliver these on the estimated timeframe displayed right now, we're just sourcing PDUs right now. The rack doesn't support the 0U PDUs we have and we have to go rackmount, as long as I can get something within the EU that'll work, then we'll probably have this location up in about one week. Huge asterisk anything else can still go wrong. Oh, and we still need to source a transceiver to receive 10Gbps uplink.

Miami Update - Some servers there, need to ship in a switch. Shouldn't take long, should be up by next week as well.

Tokyo Update - Got a couple more servers online today, we have enough space to activate all other Ryzens that are stuck or broken. We have a few more servers there as well but sorting out IPMI issues. We may send out a few more servers here but lower priority.

Amsterdam Update - We have more space here now after maintenance, and we also got rid of XPG already. Sending more servers here this week.

Seattle Update - Two more servers sent out as well as replacement parts to hopefully fix the other two servers that are offline. Backlog of orders can be activated then.

San Jose Update - Sent out replacement server to fix SJCZ002, emails sent out. Sending a couple more servers out in the next few days.

Los Angeles Update - Lots of servers/space up. Even more coming online later this week, I need to visit the datacenter and fix a few that need firmware updates and IPMI needs to be set up for another batch moved in a couple weeks ago.

Atlanta Update - We're OK here but a couple servers are broken and replacements will be sent out as well.

Dallas Update - Dallas will be getting a few more servers sent out this week.

Chicago Update - No update.

NYC Update - Tomorrow's maintenance will have more disks added and some BIOS settings fixed to activate dormant disks, enabling more space to fix broken VMs at this location since it's almost full. More servers are being sent here this week as well.

Storage Update - NYC and Amsterdam ones are still in the office. Tokyo and Los Angeles are racked and still almost ready, just need to get to them. Tomorrow. Tomorrow. Tomorrow. Tomorrow. Tomorrow...

@Peach said:

@VirMach said:

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach Hi, could you help me solve Ticket #392988, the vps that you actived for me has a wrong location. My order is tokyo , but now it is LA.

You'd need to explain what happened in the ticket better for us to be able to help you. Unless it's some weird error on our end that I haven't seen before it sounds like you would have just picked Los Angeles and not Tokyo.

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

Nope I didnt create any ticket, thinking to wait for everything to resolve first :sweat_smile: I am not the only one having the same issue though

Was it part of a planned migration?

@VirMach said:
    Was it part of a planned migration?

Yes, it was part of the planned migration. Mine is NYCB015

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:

@sljun said:

@brueggus said:

massive thanks, successfully migrated from Intel to Ryzen.

i still have a reserved IP from previous failed Ryzen migration button/ failed script.

would love to remove it but:

I would like to remove additional IP(s) for my service ('.') 
    I understand that if my package was discounted then it's price may be reverted to the advertised rate. 
    I understand this change is immediate and there is a $5 custom downgrade fee. 
    I further understand that this may require a reboot and confirm that I approve it.

do advise next step in this case.

• CalypsoCalypso Member

@VirMach said:
    Amsterdam Update - We have more space here now after maintenance, and we also got rid of XPG already. Sending more servers here this week.

Has the change of racks already happened here, or is this something for the (near) future (so to expect some downtime then)?

• it makes me almost feel weird when the ryzen migration button work so smoothly, so does the reinstallation process. thanks, virmach.
    also funny story, I checked virmach 2fa code so many times now I constantly submit virmach's to other services mistakenly because my muscle got heavily trained to reach for that spot in the past two month.

• haynhathaynhat Member

My VPS was migrated successfully to LAXA011 but I could not manage to turn it on. I have tried with AlmaLinux, Centos7, Debian10/11 but just the same message: "boot failed: not a bootable disk"

• pddpdd Member

ticket #824865 Paid migration to LA and it stuck again??

@VirMach said:

@Peach said:

@VirMach said:

@FAT32 said:

You'd need to explain what happened in the ticket better for us to be able to help you. Unless it's some weird error on our end that I haven't seen before it sounds like you would have just picked Los Angeles and not Tokyo.

No one solve ticket, my pre-order is Japan-tokyo, but now you active a vps in Los Angeles for me .I dont need LA, and never order LA VPs.

All Los Angeles broken VMs have been recreated except 3 of them which are BF Specials and will be recreated tomorrow by our dev.

• pddpdd Member

@VirMach said:
    All Los Angeles broken VMs have been recreated except 3 of them which are BF Specials and will be recreated tomorrow by our dev.

ticket #824865 Paid migration to LA and it stuck again

@haynhat said:
    My VPS was migrated successfully to LAXA011 but I could not manage to turn it on. I have tried with AlmaLinux, Centos7, Debian10/11 but just the same message: "boot failed: not a bootable disk"

There's 0 broken disk services on that node, I just went through it again and double checked. So it most likely means you're sending in too many commands and not letting the installation to finish.

Power it down, then re-install and wait, and check VNC only, do not use any other buttons while it installs.

@VirMach said:

Ticket #392988, please solve it as soon as possible.In ticket, I have explained that I never order LA vps, my order is tokyo pre-order, your staff give a vps that is not my order.

@cybertech said:

@VirMach said:

@sljun said:

@brueggus said:

massive thanks, successfully migrated from Intel to Ryzen.

i still have a reserved IP from previous failed Ryzen migration button/ failed script.

would love to remove it but:

> I would like to remove additional IP(s) for my service ('.') 
    > I understand that if my package was discounted then it's price may be reverted to the advertised rate. 
    > I understand this change is immediate and there is a $5 custom downgrade fee. 
    > I further understand that this may require a reboot and confirm that I approve it.
    > 

do advise next step in this case.

We'll remove these in bulk in the future. No need to contact us, etc. Best thing you can do to help us out is to just remove the IP from being used within your VM's network configuration but that shouldn't be necessary either. Worst case scenario if this becomes a problem we'll do a scheduled reconfigure on them.

edited May 2022

@Calypso said:

@VirMach said:

Has the change of racks already happened here, or is this something for the (near) future (so to expect some downtime then)?

Change of rack already occurred.

Thanked by 2Calypso FrankZ

@pdd said:

Sounds like it's stuck if it's stuck.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

@Peach said:

@VirMach said:

Ticket #392988, please solve it as soon as possible.In ticket, I have explained that I never order LA vps, my order is tokyo pre-order, your staff give a vps that is not my order.

Okay but that's not an explanation. Unless you have some supporting details it's unlikely it will be changed. Plenty of people pick the wrong location during an order then get upset later, and this is the default assumption unless you provide other details that we can verify on something that could have gone wrong with the system.

• pddpdd Member

@VirMach said:

@pdd said:

Sounds like it's stuck if it's stuck.

So why not temporarily turn off this function, which has caused a lot of misunderstandings and tickets?

• TimCaroTimCaro Member

Hello, My server migration LA was successful, but the server reinstallation didn't work several times, it said No bootable device. And the server Bandwidth is only 1GB per month, before it was 4T per month. :(
    View Ticket #114630

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said: Sounds like it's stuck if it's stuck.

Same as my 3rd attempt NYC one, then. ;) Perhaps the maintenance will help with this.

This discussion has been closed.