Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 215
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2022

@yoursunny said: How are we supposed to limit the I/O speeds?
    Most 1 programs including rclone can enforce Mbps limits.
    How to limit IOPS and average utilization?

Depending how big the files are that I am backing up I just regulate the Mbps to keep me under all the limits. I normally limit to 10 Mbps if backing up many smaller files, and 20 Mbps if backing up few MB or larger files. I have always used these same limits on all my providers including VirMach and have never had a problem through the years.

Thanked by 2skorous yoursunny
  • JabJabJabJab Member

@FrankZ said: Depending how big the files are that I am backing up I just regulate the Mbps to keep me under all the limits. I normally limit to 10 Mbps if backing up many smaller files, and 20 Mbps if backing up few MB or larger files. I have always used these same limits on all my providers including VirMach and have never had a problem through the years.

He asked how, not your life story!!111111.
    /s

• opshkopshk Member

The server got activiated finally :D . But I still figuring out how to boot the server, it remains offline, any help would be appreciated. My machine is on node TYOC026.

What I tried after activated:
    boot - not working
    reinstall OS(in billing panel), boot - not working
    reinstall OS(in billing panel), wait 30 minutes, reinstall OS, boot - not working (according to virmach website instructions)
    reinstall OS(in solusVM panel), boot - not working
    try ssh under resecue mode - not working

• @JabJab said:

@FrankZ said: Depending how big the files are that I am backing up I just regulate the Mbps to keep me under all the limits. I normally limit to 10 Mbps if backing up many smaller files, and 20 Mbps if backing up few MB or larger files. I have always used these same limits on all my providers including VirMach and have never had a problem through the years.

He asked how, not your life story!!111111.
    /s

Two extra sentences tripped your autobiography filter? You might need to read more books, dude.

• gdz8gdz8 Member
    edited May 2022

Are 33 server users paying with fake money? fuck it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TYOC033 is the node with the highest quantity of these smaller 384MB packages used for VPNs and has 3x the packet count.

• lkmlkm Member

@StarlightX said:
    @VirMach
    My host was migratted to the SEAZ005 by you the company, after that it lost any connection from the world without any changes like IP or OS。The only way I could access it is to use VNC. Undoubtly I cannot successfully ping even your DHCP server IP in VNC.

I have post the ticket and almost waited for a week, could u pls just take a look?
    My ticket id: #837953

Debug Info:
    Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: false
    Service online: online
    Operating System: linux-debian-9-x86_64-minimal-latest
    Service Status:Active

(Today I reinstall the Ryzen Compatitable D10 but nth change still)

Thanks.

Maybe you are lucky because you can still connect to your server. Mine was migrated to the same node: SEAZ005, but I can neither connect to it via ssh nor VNC. I guess something went wrong in this node. Here is my debug info:

Debug Info:
    Service online: offline

Thanked by 1StarlightX
  • hechaogmhechaogm Member
    edited May 2022

I placed an order online, but it is stay on pending for 1-2 days, just courious when it can be opened?

• BetaMasterBetaMaster Member
    edited May 2022

@yoursunny said:

@FrankZ said:
    It might be more reasonable for you to appeal your suspension and say you are sorry for not reading the AUP beforehand and in the future you will limit the speed of your backups in accordance with the I/O AUP specs, which are:

Customer’s Service cannot average more than 80 IOPS within any two (2) hour period, cannot burst above 300MB/s disk write average for more than ten (10) minutes, cannot average more than 300 write operations per second for more than 1 hour, and cannot be above 20% average utilization within any six (6) hour period.

Complete AUP here

and then wait patiently as suspension appeals are the lowest priority tickets. Then in the future actually limit the speed of your backups to stay within the AUP limits.

How are we supposed to limit the I/O speeds?
    Most programs including rclone can enforce Mbps limits.

I use tool such as open source resource monitoring, monit. I am using this docker image https://github.com/diogopms/monit-docker with custom configuration.

So, if resource usage is above specific limit, it will notify me through pushover service. So, I can take action and stopping app which is using resource heavily.

For IOPS, Sometimes I also limit rsync download speed according usage TOS.

in my experience, using tool such as monit is really useful to monitor your resource usage and stay under usage TOS.

• DursDurs Member
    edited May 2022

@opshk said:
    The server got activiated finally :D . But I still figuring out how to boot the server, it remains offline, any help would be appreciated. My machine is on node TYOC026.

What I tried after activated:
    boot - not working
    reinstall OS(in billing panel), boot - not working
    reinstall OS(in billing panel), wait 30 minutes, reinstall OS, boot - not working (according to virmach website instructions)
    reinstall OS(in solusVM panel), boot - not working
    try ssh under resecue mode - not working

same be patient

i check it at the controll panel always offline

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@yoursunny said: How are we supposed to limit the I/O speeds?
    Most programs including rclone can enforce Mbps limits.

First of all, anyone still getting suspended for I/O abuse needs to be constantly using an extreme amount. We've only done a very few number of I/O suspensions, probably less than a dozen on Ryzen and that's out of thousands of services. They would be abusing to the point where it's negatively affecting everyone for hours, and that's a challenge for anyone at NVMe speeds.

This would mean that the person is most likely either not taking security seriously and are compromised, or not taking their use case seriously and trying to do it on a VM where they would clearly need a dedicated server.

I handled maybe 5 of these suspensions and every single case was 12+ hours of constantly 20-50% utilization, which is extremely intensive utilization that no one should "miss." I obviously do not look inside a customer's VM without permission nor do we have the time to do that, but the usage levels were in line with Chia plotting, stress testing, or those cases of people doing something crazy like trying to run a 4GB docker VM on their 256-384MB package with SWAP (yes, this has genuinely happened before more times than I can count, I don't know if they were actually successful or if it was just caught in a state of overloading and kernel panic.)

So with that said the answer to your question is going to be this: know what you're running and use an appropriate server, software settings, and where possible limit the usage if you know it will clearly exceed your fair share.

TinyCore ISO added. Any ISO or OS requests?

Thanked by 2fan cybertech
  • fanfan Veteran

@VirMach said: TinyCore ISO added.

Thanks, this saves my 64mb idler after Debian 7 refused to run on Ryzen.

• sky3967sky3967 Member

TYOC026 is still offline.

@VirMach said: I just had to fix that and reboot

Is this a serious incident?
    How long is it expected to take to fix?

• @VirMach said:

When will San Jose handle it, it's been ten days since I can't connect

• >

Debian 11 with LXDE or any other desktop?

@VirMach said: 添加了 TinyCore ISO。任何 ISO 或操作系统请求?

• KensouKensou Member

So, is the migration of old nodes delayed?

@sky3967 said:
    TYOC026 is still offline.

@VirMach said: I just had to fix that and reboot

Is this a serious incident?
    How long is it expected to take to fix?

False information here, but there's definitely around 10 VMs that are facing problems during setup and will be resolved independently. I assume one of them is yours.

• keke125keke125 Member

@VirMach said:

Ubuntu 22.04 server edition, please.

@AndreDonz said: Debian 11 with LXDE or any other desktop?

We're going to avoid any pre-installed desktop outside of Ubuntu because Ubuntu has the most guides out there and don't want to provide a more user-friendly environment on other distributions since that will most likely lead to more tickets if someone cannot comfortably get past the learning curve of installing one themselves and they also cannot quickly find a third party guide to do what they're trying to do.

I hope that makes sense. There's other reasons too, such as saving space and not having a bunch of different versions of the same operating system. We'll most likely reserve Ubuntu as the one we use for everything desktop-related for templates and Debian for everything "lighter" without a desktop environment such as VPN templates.

Let me know if you guys disagree.

• @VirMach said: Any ISO or OS requests?

SystemRescueCD is useful to have around - trumped by netboot.xyz, though ;)

• sky3967sky3967 Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said: False information here, but there's definitely around 10 VMs that are facing problems

So the host of node 26 is active? But Troubleshooter results show

Your server's host node appears to be down, check our server status page for more info.
    and

I'm pretty sure the VPS was working when it suddenly lost connection, and I didn't do any extra settings

@sky3967 said:

@VirMach said: False information here, but there's definitely around 10 VMs that are facing problems

Your server's host node appears to be down, check our server status page for more info.
    and

I'm pretty sure the VPS was working when it suddenly lost connection, and I didn't do any extra settings

As reported a while back, troubleshooter may not always work properly for Ryzen yet right now. I've already added it to our development queue to fix. I've already confirmed around 92% or more of services on that node are "online" status at the very least.

This looks cool, I'll add it.

@AlwaysSkint said:

@VirMach said: Any ISO or OS requests?

SystemRescueCD is useful to have around - trumped by netboot.xyz, though ;)

We should already have that, let me know if it doesn't work for yours.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • shkongshkong Member

Hello, I have been waiting for 2 months (I placed an order on March 12, TYO), but my server is still not activated. Will it be available this week? @VirMach

• qquccsqquccs Member

The sjc002 node has not been able to connect for two weeks.
    When will you fix it?

• sjc002

• sky3967sky3967 Member

@VirMach said:

@sky3967 said:

and

As reported a while back, troubleshooter may not always work properly for Ryzen yet right now. I've already added it to our development queue to fix. I've already confirmed around 92% or more of services on that node are "online" status at the very least.

@VirMach said:

@sky3967 said:

and

Well hopefully it will be fixed offline soon
    I did not even experience more than three hours after VPS activation

Maybe I need to create a ticket and post the ticket number here to get help?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited May 2022

@shkong said: Hello, I have been waiting for 2 months (I placed an order on March 12, TYO), but my server is still not activated. Will it be available this week? @VirMach

HINT: Post an invoice id, order id, account id - anything that would help VirMach finding your account / order. I don't think he would be able to locate your order just from date - there are many orders from this date.

--

@picalson said:
    sjc002

This is what node locked means.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3427556/#Comment_3427556
    If you are asking for something try using some words so we can actually know what is your question. Most of the times one image without any context is not enough to know what you want.

• lemoncubelemoncube Member
    edited May 2022

I recall there was a free-double-service-period lottery back in April for the last hundred=ish tokyo orders not actived. Did I miss the results and losed it, or Virmach haven't got thought all the batch yet?
    I'm not pressing anything if it's the latter, since that certainly isn't a top priority at the moment. But I can't go through all dozens of pages to check so can anyone provide any info on this?

This discussion has been closed.