Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 213
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• Are the remaining 109 services in Tokyo not going to be activated? :'(

• TokyomTokyom Member

@pdd said:
    With all the unresolved issues,Virmach simply disappears?

:D ,Remember you didn't spend a ton of money and you don't get to do whatever you want just because you spend money.

Thanked by 2windtune TimCaro
  • TokyomTokyom Member

@TimCaro said:

@pdd said:
    With all the unresolved issues,Virmach simply disappears?

@angstrom
    Hello, Admin, I think his account (@pdd) was hacked. He now seems to be talking exclusively about virmach in a bad way. He wasn't like this before. If this is true, please ban this offending account. virmach is fine!!!

B) I support your justice

Thanked by 1TimCaro
  • zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@ChristineOuO said:
    Are the remaining 109 services in Tokyo not going to be activated? :'(

I'm sure they will be, @VirMach provided an update the other day.

• 'Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received'

dead for a long time

• I am showing Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received for a week

• pddpdd Member

@angstrom said:
    Remember, I asked you and @pdd not to interact with each other:

I'm not offended by the two hounds(or maybe just one person playing two roles), but thank you for the justice :D

• Can I still get $21.85/YR (RECURRING) ?

• @anubhavhirani said:
    Can I still get $21.85/YR (RECURRING) ?

With time travel

• @MallocVoidstar said:

@anubhavhirani said:
    Can I still get $21.85/YR (RECURRING) ?

With time travel

Thanks!

• CalypsoCalypso Member

@Calypso said:
    On AMSD029 similar problems with packet loss and latency occur since yesterday 23:00 (CEST).

Ping from the host to the default gateway:

--- 149.57.168.1 ping statistics ---
    2017 packets transmitted, 1993 received, 1.18989% packet loss, time 2030165ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.555/122.398/5366.868/553.475 ms, pipe 6

Before 23:00 things were way better - strange.

After some improvement yesterdaymorning, since yesterday evening 18:00 (CEST) everything seems to be settled to normal again

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2022

Overhauls - this is a series of cleanups I'm doing for all Ryzen nodes. Since all servers were set up in clusters not everything was set up exactly the same, and this is trying to return everything to uniformity and going through and ensuring everything is exactly set up how it's supposed to be and cleaning up/fixing what hasn't already been set up perfectly. I'll start doing this per location and providing updates here.

Tokyo overhaul - This has been completed for TYOC040, TYOC039, TYOC038, TYOC037, TYOC036, TYOC035, TYOC034, TYOC033, TYOC029. Excluded: TYOC030 (reason: down) as well as any others (not set up yet.)

What was checked/fixed for all, if not already done:

• All packages updated.
    • Mailing fixed where applicable for alerts.
    • Ensure anti-bruteforce scripts are functional.
    • Cleaning up networking.
    • Enabled/fixed IP stealing protection and patched unexpected network issues it was causing (incomplete, for now, but some progress.)
    • Ensured web noVNC is functional.
    • All Ryzen-compatible templates re-synced.
    • All ISO files re-synced (excluding Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 ISO and custom ISO)
    • All XPG drive servers labeled, see below for more details.
    • Ensured all SWAP files are set up and functioning properly & configured.

Still left to do:

• Make network settings persistent on reboot.
    • Fix ebtables
    • Any existing abuse handled/cleaned up.

Servers with XPG drives verified:

• TYOC040 (2)
    • TYOC037 (1)
    • TYOC034 (1)

The people affected on these servers will be moved to a new node with other more stable drives and then we'll schedule a maintenance to have these swapped out, although these XPG drives seem to be the few left that are still stable so we don't suspect any immediate issues. They're not spitting out any errors and are healthy.

@fan said: Well, TYOC29 is gone now.

@cybertech said: TYOC040 down too.

@Hishiro said: Tokyo is down.

@riofredinand said: Node 39 Tokyo is dead

Tokyo wasn't down, it was for some time extremely high packet loss due to my attempt to get ebtables working. It's still having issues with that and I'm working with SolusVM to try to get it functional. For the time being though it was disabled again but it brought itself back a couple times throughout the last few days. TYOC038 is having a particularly bad time with this, I have no idea what's going on in the background with SolusVM but it doesn't seem to be listening to me when I change the settings.

I've been writing out this comment for a couple days so I apologize for not being more specific about all the timings.

A brief message from my cat, written on Monday:
    m, m, m, m, m, m, m, m, m, tttttttttttttttttggggggggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnbbbbbbbbbbb122222222222224333333333eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tokyo Update - All Ryzen (non-storage) have been created and due dates adjusted.

Tokyo Storage Update - Going to try to provision these today or tomorrow, or next week, or next year. Last two estimates are mostly a joke but also my way of saying the first two aren't a guarantee.

Other Updates - Later.

@qwerttaa said:
    'Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received'

dead for a long time

@zh000323 said:
    I am showing Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received for a week

Unrelated control panel issue. We've been having a lot of weird bugs since updating SolusVM, I'm assuming this is one of them. It could also be Cloudflare, seems to go on and off. Use control panel issue department to report it, we're going through all the reports to find a correlation.

• passwapasswa Member

@VirMach
    Please process this ticket #355723 It has been 10 days...

• @VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:
    'Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received'

dead for a long time

@zh000323 said:
    I am showing Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received for a week

Unrelated control panel issue. We've been having a lot of weird bugs since updating SolusVM, I'm assuming this is one of them. It could also be Cloudflare, seems to go on and off. Use control panel issue department to report it, we're going through all the reports to find a correlation.

San Jose 02 has been disconnected for more than a week

• noamannoaman Member

@VirMach

My original ticket was opened on 26th April

Ticket #823095

• @VirMach said: Tokyo Update - All Ryzen (non-storage) have been created and due dates adjusted.

yup mine is activated altough without any email notification

THANK YOU VIRMACH! <3

@VirMach said: Tokyo overhaul - This has been completed for TYOC040, TYOC039, TYOC038, TYOC037, TYOC036, TYOC035, TYOC034, TYOC033, TYOC029. Excluded: TYOC030 (reason: down) as well as any others (not set up yet.)

OK TYOC030, here we go 😜

• lolmilolmi Member

@VirMach $3 Migration unsuccessful, any plans? It's been a week!

• haynhathaynhat Member

@VirMach said: Tokyo Update - All Ryzen (non-storage) have been created and due dates adjusted.

Got them finally :)

@biangkerok said: OK TYOC030, here we go 😜

TYOC030 is actually technically TYOC028 now. I'll update the network status page and clean everything up some time today or this week, the important part of getting it up is already done though.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • lemoncubelemoncube Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said: Tokyo Update - All Ryzen (non-storage) have been created and due dates adjusted.

finally! obligatory yabs:

:~$ curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-05-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Tue May 17 10:06:43 UTC 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 11 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3393.620 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 2.4 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 48.9 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-13-cloud-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 413.66 MB/s (103.4k) | 1.18 GB/s    (18.4k)
    Write      | 414.75 MB/s (103.6k) | 1.18 GB/s    (18.5k)
    Total      | 828.42 MB/s (207.1k) | 2.36 GB/s    (37.0k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 3.18 GB/s     (6.2k) | 5.20 GB/s     (5.0k)
    Write      | 3.35 GB/s     (6.5k) | 5.55 GB/s     (5.4k)
    Total      | 6.54 GB/s    (12.7k) | 10.75 GB/s   (10.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 405 Mbits/sec   | 80.1 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 342 Mbits/sec   | 154 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 355 Mbits/sec   | 396 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 346 Mbits/sec   | 174 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 590 Mbits/sec   | 175 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 588 Mbits/sec   | 238 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1160
    Multi Core      | 2171
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/14956737

MTR from another host from another provider also at xtom tokyo:

Packets               Pings
     Host                                                                                                                              Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
     1. 45***                                                                                                                    0.0%  1297    1.2   0.5   0.4  16.7   1.2
     2. *****                                                                                                                   0.0%  1297   14.8 168.9   3.9 7458. 762.1
     3. *****                                                                                                                    0.0%  1297    1.0   2.6   0.7  25.7   2.9
     4. 147***.static.xtom.com                                                                                                  0.2%  1296    6.5   2.7   0.3  30.7   5.3

seems reasonably stable for the time being.

• @lemoncube said:
    >

finally! obligatory yabs:

:~$ curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-05-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Tue May 17 10:06:43 UTC 2022

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 11 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3393.620 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 2.4 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 48.9 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-13-cloud-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 413.66 MB/s (103.4k) | 1.18 GB/s    (18.4k)
    Write      | 414.75 MB/s (103.6k) | 1.18 GB/s    (18.5k)
    Total      | 828.42 MB/s (207.1k) | 2.36 GB/s    (37.0k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 3.18 GB/s     (6.2k) | 5.20 GB/s     (5.0k)
    Write      | 3.35 GB/s     (6.5k) | 5.55 GB/s     (5.4k)
    Total      | 6.54 GB/s    (12.7k) | 10.75 GB/s   (10.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 405 Mbits/sec   | 80.1 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 342 Mbits/sec   | 154 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 355 Mbits/sec   | 396 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 346 Mbits/sec   | 174 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 590 Mbits/sec   | 175 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 588 Mbits/sec   | 238 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1160
    Multi Core      | 2171
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/14956737

which node are you on?

• kzedkzed Member

got provisioned on TYO26, so far pretty snappy.
    good job @VirMach!

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • @cybertech said: which node are you on?

TYOC026

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • PiKaChuPiKaChu Member

@VirMach said:
    Overhauls - this is a series of cleanups I'm doing for all Ryzen nodes. Since all servers were set up in clusters not everything was set up exactly the same, and this is trying to return everything to uniformity and going through and ensuring everything is exactly set up how it's supposed to be and cleaning up/fixing what hasn't already been set up perfectly. I'll start doing this per location and providing updates here.

Tokyo overhaul - This has been completed for TYOC040, TYOC039, TYOC038, TYOC037, TYOC036, TYOC035, TYOC034, TYOC033, TYOC029. Excluded: TYOC030 (reason: down) as well as any others (not set up yet.)

• All packages updated.
    • Enabled/fixed IP stealing protection and patched unexpected network issues it was causing (incomplete, for now, but some progress.)
    • All ISO files re-synced (excluding Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 ISO and custom ISO)

Still left to do:

• Fix ebtables

• TYOC040 (2)
    • TYOC037 (1)
    • TYOC034 (1)

The people affected on these servers will be moved to a new node with other more stable drives and then we'll schedule a maintenance to have these swapped out, although these XPG drives seem to be the few left that are still stable so we don't suspect any immediate issues. They're not spitting out any errors and are healthy.

Tokyo wasn't down, it was for some time extremely high packet loss due to my attempt to get ebtables working. It's still having issues with that and I'm working with SolusVM to try to get it functional. For the time being though it was disabled again but it brought itself back a couple times throughout the last few days. TYOC038 is having a particularly bad time with this, I have no idea what's going on in the background with SolusVM but it doesn't seem to be listening to me when I change the settings.

I've been writing out this comment for a couple days so I apologize for not being more specific about all the timings.

m, m, m, m, m, m, m, m, m, tttttttttttttttttggggggggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnbbbbbbbbbbb122222222222224333333333eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tokyo Update - All Ryzen (non-storage) have been created and due dates adjusted.

Tokyo Storage Update - Going to try to provision these today or tomorrow, or next week, or next year. Last two estimates are mostly a joke but also my way of saying the first two aren't a guarantee.

Other Updates - Later.

Ryzen Special 1536
    Special Offers

Still pending

Invoice #1400057

Please check

I've been waiting for more than two months

@PiKaChu said:

@VirMach said:

• All packages updated.

Still left to do:

• Fix ebtables

• TYOC040 (2)
    • TYOC037 (1)
    • TYOC034 (1)

Other Updates - Later.

Ryzen Special 1536
    Special Offers

Still pending

Invoice #1400057

Please check

I've been waiting for more than two months

I'm really craving an apple, I need to run down to the grocery store. Just thought I'd keep the tradition of quoting long unrelated messages to make a reply.

• is TYOC026 down?

• kzedkzed Member

@kzed said:
    got provisioned on TYO26, so far pretty snappy.
    good job @VirMach!

might have said that too early, it's seem down/unreachable now? noVNC stuck at "Starting VNC handshake" anyone from same node have same issue?

• @kzed said: anyone from same node have same issue?

yep, not reachable since around 10:52:00 utc.

This discussion has been closed.