Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 210
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• edited May 2022

@ZA_capetown said: Virmach is probably the most fair and most generous provider there is on here.

Can he literally double something?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@ZA_capetown said: Lol official Unofficial @FrankZ support beat me to it again. :smiley:

Yes, but you did it so much better. :smiley:

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • passwapasswa Member

Unusually quiet, the boss made a new love...

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    Thanked by 1_MS_
  • _MS__MS_ Member
    edited May 2022

@FrankZ said:

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • San Jose 02 has been out of contact for 5 days, the panel can't be opened, when will it be normal?

• @zh000323 said:
    San Jose 02 has been out of contact for 5 days, the panel can't be opened, when will it be normal?

Same problem.

• @picalson said:

@zh000323 said:
    San Jose 02 has been out of contact for 5 days, the panel can't be opened, when will it be normal?

Same problem.

From the network status, it seems SJC002 has to wait behind SJC007.

• nutjobnutjob Member

@plumberg said:
    8+ hours and dead silence... what has happened

They're doing actual work instead of wasting time in this forum.

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

@nutjob said:

@plumberg said:

I hope so B)

• "Monday May 9th Migrations Delayed (Reported)".

You have delayed 1 week. My data will be lost?

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@saosangmo said:

"Monday May 9th Migrations Delayed (Reported)".

A delay to a migration wouldn't cause that.

• saosangmosaosangmo Member
    edited May 2022

@zafouhar said:

@saosangmo said:

"Monday May 9th Migrations Delayed (Reported)".

A delay to a migration wouldn't cause that.

My VPS is offline for 1 week. I was informed that my VPS was migrated successfully with one new IP. :(

@VirMach

• digitalwickeddigitalwicked Member
    edited May 2022

San Jose nodes - RYZE.SJC-Z006.VMS & RYZE.SJC-Z008.VMS, >90% packet drop currently :neutral:

Edit: packet loss has reduced now, still high latency.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ZA_capetown said:
    But one thing you can be sure about, is that Virmach will always be working hard to fix everything that needs to be fixed and to give you the best value for your money possible.

@nutjob said:

@plumberg said:

Similar paragraphs were said during the involucration saga.
    Just an observation.

• @digitalwicked said:
    San Jose nodes - RYZE.SJC-Z006.VMS & RYZE.SJC-Z008.VMS, >90% packet drop currently :neutral:

Edit: packet loss has reduced now, still high latency.

SJCZ004 Is the craziest

Thanked by 1dudulu
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited May 2022

Ah, the good old times where it took Virmach 3 weeks to unblock port 25, not because of spam, but because they fucked something up on their end and I had to argue over the port being blocked over and over again, because support wouldn't believe me.

Finally, after sending them this gif (I bound SSH to port 25 on another server and couldn't connect to it with the Virmach VPS, while other servers could connect) they did something:

And then, after not responding to the ticket for 18 days, they decided to fix the issue:

And now the waiting begins to fix issues that Virmach promised to fix days ago.
    Be prepared, this will take at least 3 weeks.

Thanked by 2karjaj dudulu
  • axmanaxman Member

LA storage. I understand it was a preorder, but this is getting ridiculous. Summary of comments from @VirMach

March 23rd LA storage - This has been ready for a very long time... This is going to be shipped out with a good number of servers, I'm shooting for Thursday. Since it's in the same city it should arrive by Friday if I can make the shipment Thursday.

March 27th LA storage - Storage node has been running stable in the office for several days now. I will attempt to send this out as the first storage node on Monday.

April 26 LA storage - QuadraNet guaranteeing setup by around the end of the month. Servers to be shipped, arriving around the 28th.

April 29 LA storage - node at the datacenter

May 6th LA storage - maybe cache battery died. Hopefully we'll get it online tonight or tomorrow morning.

May 13th.... what is today's excuse?

• @yoursunny said:

@ZA_capetown said:
    But one thing you can be sure about, is that Virmach will always be working hard to fix everything that needs to be fixed and to give you the best value for your money possible.

@nutjob said:

@plumberg said:

Just an observation.

I call Bullshit. When has anyone have ever said cociu was "doing actual work"? Everyone knew he does fuck all work and Adrian did everything.

Thanked by 2skorous FrankZ
  • @TimboJones said:

@yoursunny said:

@ZA_capetown said:

@nutjob said:

@plumberg said:

Just an observation.

I call Bullshit. When has anyone have ever said cociu was "doing actual work"? Everyone knew he does fuck all work and Adrian did everything.

oh yeah where's Adrian?

• @cybertech said:

@TimboJones said:

@yoursunny said:

@ZA_capetown said:

@nutjob said:

@plumberg said:

Just an observation.

oh yeah where's Adrian?

Not fucking around on LET.

• cgs3238cgs3238 Member

Missing VirMach!

Anyone saw him please comment

• When will the current service migrated?The scheduled May 9th migration was delayed

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

*Update** - I haven't read through any responses for a while but I'm just going to use this to provide some information on where I do have some updates available.

TYOC030 - The changes we made were clearly not successful here. The IPMI was functional but system wouldn't power on. CMOS was reset, CPU re-seated, RAM tested/checked one at a time, and so far this has only resulted in it not turning on at all now. We're going to use TYOC028 which is functional and move all the disks to this server physically and hope we can get everyone back online ASAP.

San Jose network - Still needs improvements on some servers, clearing up abuse.

Tokyo storage - It's been here for a few days, and I have it set up for the most part. It's with 1Gbps only right now and not 10Gbps. I'm trying to make sure we get networking under control in this region before we release the storage, especially if there's going to be people upset about networking not being 10Gbps yet. I might go through and contact people one by one and let them decide individually.

Los Angeles storage - Its been here for a while, the OS needs to be re-installed. Everything else looks good to go and 10Gbps should be ready from the start.

Los Angeles Ryzen - Servers have been here for over a week, they need an extra disk placed in them for the OS which are already there as well, just need to schedule it with DC hands for tonight most likely. This location will have the highest capacity available, at around 120TB, so we should be able to proceed with more migrations soon.

Amsterdam Ryzen - This had a lot of XPG drives. I didn't use them and we've sent in replacement NVMe SSDs for all the servers here, they'll be added as soon as possible and we should have more space to proceed with migrations.

Miami - Shipped off a few servers.

Frankfurt - Shipped off a few servers.

Ticket queue - even with us keeping up with them there was a huge spike in ticket creations between all the issues with Tokyo, San Jose, and lots of inquiries regarding migrations. On top of the usual additional hundreds per day we got around another 1,000 tickets created in the past 2-3 days so it will take some time to get to all of them.

Anything else not listed, it means it has no further updates at this time. I’m going to be traveling over the next 12 hours and I will resume not being around here much after that but you should hopefully see everything ease up a little bit after that.

• EmptyEmpty Member

Please be aware that VirMach is a scammer when purchasing this merchant service, please see here:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/179182/fraudster-virmach

• @VirMach said:
    *Update** - I haven't read through any responses for a while but I'm just going to use this to provide some information on where I do have some updates available.

TYOC030 - The changes we made were clearly not successful here. The IPMI was functional but system wouldn't power on. CMOS was reset, CPU re-seated, RAM tested/checked one at a time, and so far this has only resulted in it not turning on at all now. We're going to use TYOC028 which is functional and move all the disks to this server physically and hope we can get everyone back online ASAP.

San Jose network - Still needs improvements on some servers, clearing up abuse.

Tokyo storage - It's been here for a few days, and I have it set up for the most part. It's with 1Gbps only right now and not 10Gbps. I'm trying to make sure we get networking under control in this region before we release the storage, especially if there's going to be people upset about networking not being 10Gbps yet. I might go through and contact people one by one and let them decide individually.

Los Angeles storage - Its been here for a while, the OS needs to be re-installed. Everything else looks good to go and 10Gbps should be ready from the start.

Los Angeles Ryzen - Servers have been here for over a week, they need an extra disk placed in them for the OS which are already there as well, just need to schedule it with DC hands for tonight most likely. This location will have the highest capacity available, at around 120TB, so we should be able to proceed with more migrations soon.

Amsterdam Ryzen - This had a lot of XPG drives. I didn't use them and we've sent in replacement NVMe SSDs for all the servers here, they'll be added as soon as possible and we should have more space to proceed with migrations.

Miami - Shipped off a few servers.

Frankfurt - Shipped off a few servers.

Ticket queue - even with us keeping up with them there was a huge spike in ticket creations between all the issues with Tokyo, San Jose, and lots of inquiries regarding migrations. On top of the usual additional hundreds per day we got around another 1,000 tickets created in the past 2-3 days so it will take some time to get to all of them.

Anything else not listed, it means it has no further updates at this time. I’m going to be traveling over the next 12 hours and I will resume not being around here much after that but you should hopefully see everything ease up a little bit after that.

Updates finally

• cgs3238cgs3238 Member

In short:
    No more storages activated.
    No more ryzens activated.
    Problems not resolved.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Empty said: Please be aware that VirMach is a scammer when purchasing this merchant service, please see here:

Seems that you have a habit of coming to LET only so as to write
    I got scammed threads and little else.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @cgs3238 said:
    In short:
    No more storages activated.
    No more ryzens activated.
    Problems not resolved.

HHH correct

• foitinfoitin Member

@VirMach said:
    Tokyo storage
    I'm trying to make sure we get networking under control in this region before we release the storage

and that's like, forever?

Frankly speaking, you over-oversold Tokyo VPS, especially $8.88 plan to excessive amount of MJJs and I don't expect Tokyo network to become stable anytime soon.

Is San Jose issue due to migrating MJJs' pouring in?

How about not allowing people to migrate before you can get networking under control?

Thanked by 2pdd yoursunny
This discussion has been closed.